Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,678 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? (21414 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by cr7lomo: 7:35am On Mar 03, 2013
Over the years 2face fans have held up d artiste as the undisputed champion in music since his song african queen hit the nigerian music industry, it did so well that it was used as a soundtrack in a foreign movie. The song also brought him out in the international market.

Dbanj on the other hand released oliver twist which hit the airwaves a couple of years ago, the song was so popular in europe that it hit the uk top 10 charts, somthing that no indigenous nigerian artiste has ever achieved, he was also signed by kanye wests GOOD music of which the song was released under the label.

The question now is that which song is more recognised in the western world, because I believe oliver twist more recognised in the western world, especially in Europe.

So can y'all make your arguments on the song that is more recognised in the western world.

Please don't add sentiments or argue as a fan but as someone that trully understands music, because its not a dbanj vs 2face topic but an african queen vs oliver twist in the western world topic
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:43am On Mar 03, 2013
You can't compare African Queen to Oliver twist. How dare you. Anyways African Queen is more acclaimed internationally cos it kinda portrays a united Nigeria and Africa

21 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ATMC(f): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2013
I don't know. But if i'm to guess then, african queen!

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 03, 2013
Undeniably, Oliver Twist beats African Queen hands down because of the difference in class and quality. Oliver Twist was SHOT ABROAD by an already POPULAR Nigerian Artiste, aided by an EUROPE-BASED outfit, headed by KANYE WEST.. Plus, the media strength now is much stronger than before.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by enigmagu1(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2013
was it also amoung d top ten chart in d u.s whos d most popular artist from d u.k?? music is in d u.s nt u.k.

9ja artist do better music dan u.k artist trust me....so in a nutshell forget u.k dem no sabi better music.....

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by oluwadare26(m): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
At Op, what kind of question is this? How dare u compare a Song that got 4 Nominations in the world music award with a Controversial song sorrouded by a lot of controversy pertaining who really owns the song... OLIVER all the way... A song perform live in front of over 70,000 spectators, Presidents, P.ministers and state Gov. @ Afcon, viewed by Hundreds of Millions..

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by jiggaz(m): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2013
Its Oliver Twist by D'Banj cos it was very popular in Europe and it was also on the Top 10 U.K Singles chart.. A feat that no African Artiste have ever achieved. African Queen is good too and very popular but just dat Oliver Twist is more International..

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ddeola: 9:19am On Mar 04, 2013
How can you compare African queen with Oliver Twist? African queen no be Oliver Twist mate at all anytime anyday,take it or leave it

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by sportfeva(m): 9:19am On Mar 04, 2013
Oliver twist hit the nail. The song traverse europe, china, korea and us. Even though they don't understand it, they felt the unique beats.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Segunbills(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Oliver, oliver twist.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:20am On Mar 04, 2013
oliver twists beats african queen hands down (i dont even know about african queen until i get to nigeria)

how many people knows african queen in europe like oliver twist

u cant even compare african queen with onyinye by psquare and rickross

african queen ke?

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ichommy(m): 9:20am On Mar 04, 2013
I dey come, make i go consult Oracle

16 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by adeshina86: 9:21am On Mar 04, 2013
African queen.........All d way..........Evergreen.....egbe ishu ko ni iyan...........african queen pass oliva dieeeeeeeeee

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by nairaman66(m): 9:22am On Mar 04, 2013
Wet in concern fowl and toothbrush??
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2013
jiggaz: Its Oliver Twist by D'Banj cos it was very popular in Europe and it was also on the Top 10 U.K Singles chart.. A feat that no African Artiste have ever achieved. African Queen is good too and very popular but just dat Oliver Twist is more International..

Which Europe? So cos a few peeps know the song in the UK, you have generalized it to Europe? Do you live in any EU country? Pls, no one knows D'banj and his "Twisted Oliver". Tuface's african queen can not be compared to any other naija song any day at least from popularity side of view.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by easik: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2013
African Queen Hands down. I didn't even know about the song when it first came out until I heard some white girl singing it on the train.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Sicozone(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2013
Abeg jor no start dat one again o.....Na OLIVER TWIST oooo,putting away any beef 4 D'BANJ....

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifihearam: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2013
Whoever says its african queen needs his/her head examined. Pure bad belle.

Don't compare Dbanj to 2face,dem nor be mate for anything abeg,koko master don go,he leads for others to follow just like AY in the comedy industry.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by toprealman: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2013
CHYKMAN: Undeniably, Oliver Twist beats African Queen hands down because of the difference in class and quality. Oliver Twist was SHOT ABROAD by an already POPULAR Nigerian Artiste, aided by an EUROPE-BASED outfit, headed by KANYE WEST.. Plus, the media strength now is much stronger than before.

Try and understand any question before responding.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Goddex: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2013
African Queen

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifihearam: 9:26am On Mar 04, 2013
easik: African Queen Hands down. I didn't even know about the song when it first came out until I heard some white girl singing it on the train.

LINUS mba

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifylord: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2013
Wat i knw be say weda African Queen or Oliver Twist. The two tracks are international recognize bt Oliver Twist is more recognize int'ly. Naija musik on d way. unbeatable. I gv it 2 DBANJ

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifihearam: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2013
mich2012:

Which Europe? So cos a few peeps know the song in the UK, you have generalized it to Europe? Do you live in any EU country? Pls, no one knows D'banj and his "Twisted Oliver". Tuface's african queen can not be compared to any other naija song any day at least from popularity side of view.

Where have you been aside aba
Stop arguing like a toddler here jawe

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2013
mich2012:

choi few people knew it in uk? and it made it to top 9? it was played on popular tv series in uk, dont forget the same song was used to advertise a popular brand of alcohol in the same uk that u said few people knew it there ..what about all the clubs that banged the song .... go and check youtube view compared to african queen ...smh........... u cant even compare ordinary african queen to top of the world

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Chegunn(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
All I know is that African queen won Mtv Europe music award, and Oliver twist ...well didn't.

19 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by AbdulAdam56(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
Oliver twist has gone beyond what we are thinking in naija.Oliver twist is all over the world.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by dridowu: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
Queen of Africa .......

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifihearam: 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
ifylord: Wat i knw be say weda African Queen or Oliver Twist. The two tracks are international recognize bt Oliver Twist is more recognize int'ly. Naija musik on d way. unbeatable. I gv it 2 DBANJ

Good sense of judgement.

A million likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:29am On Mar 04, 2013
African queen.

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
ichommy: I dey come, make i go consult Oracle

My Son!! The answer you are looking for, even the gods dont have it!

Try Synagogue Church of all nations!!

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by omo9ja1(m): 9:30am On Mar 04, 2013
on a ground level African Queen is very popular among afrricans

but Oliva twist was more accepted internationally I was with friend one day and I said the guy is from my country but they say no way how can a nigerian sing such music, but thank God wiki was there to prove them wrong

so I will give it to Oliver twist

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

My Son!! The answer you are looking for, even the gods dont have it!

Try Synagogue Church of all nations!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Raymond Ayuba Of Hot 99.5FM Is Dead!! / Square Records Drops May-D From Label