Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? (21390 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / 'You Are My African Queen' lyrics (2face Idibia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ifihearam: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2013
Red-Light:
oliver twists beats african queen hands down (i dont even know about african queen until i get to nigeria)

how many people knows african queen in europe like oliver twist

u cant even compare african queen with onyinye by psquare and rickross

african queen ke?

Tell them for me
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam:

Where have you been aside aba
Stop arguing like a toddler here jawe

FYI, I have lived and visited all major EU countries.
Must you descend so low? I won't come here to banter words with you cos you ain't even fit to be my shoe shiner.

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by pomporiking: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Nigerians and their rubbish. How can you even compare.african queen kor mozambique elephant ni

3 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by pomporiking: 9:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Nigerians and their rubbish. How can you even compare.african queen kor mozambique elephant ni.oliver twist is miles ahead

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Afam4eva(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2013
I think it's unfair to compare both songs cos they were not released at the same time and they're not the same genre of music. When 2face released African thing, it was the hottest thing and was popular throughout the world especially in countries with a lot of Black/African people. It was even used for a Hollywood movie. It's also kind of timeless. Oliver Twist on the other hand was not as popular as African queen in Nigeria but was popular nonetheless. It was also popular in the UK and this was made possible by some Nigerians living there. There's a difference between UK(sorry LOndon) and europe. That it was a hit in the UK does not mean it was a hit in other European countries. Somehow somehow, i think i will give it to African Queen cos it lasted longer and i collected more awards.

9 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by crusufixo(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2013
Please tell me which international award oliver twist has claimed as compared to african queen. Of which the lyrics of oliver twist is not one to be proud of as compared to that of african queen.oliver twist is just not comparable to african queen. But then, both artiste represented naija wella.

2 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam:

Tell them for me
I just knew i was gonna see you here. is D'Banj paying you for all this?
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by BarryX(m): 9:34am On Mar 04, 2013
You cannot argue this without applying sentiments, Not possible..AFRICAN QUEEN all the way, International acclaimed or not

2 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2013
mich2012:

FYI, I have lived and visited all major EU countries.
Must you descend so low? I won't come here to banter words with you cos you ain't even fit to be my shoe shiner.
stop ranting and accept the bitter truth he told u

stop arguing like a toddler ... being to all major EU countries doesn't make Infallible... u cant know every latest thing happening there except u want to

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:37am On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I think it's unfair to compare both songs cos they were not released at the same time and they're not the same genre of music. When 2face released African thing, it was the hottest thing and was popular throughout the world especially in countries with a lot of Black/African people. It was even used for a Hollywood movie. It's also kind of timeless. Oliver Twist on the other hand was not as popular as African queen in Nigeria but was popular nonetheless. It was also popular in the UK and this was made possible by some Nigerians living there. There's a difference between UK(sorry LOndon) and europe. That it was a hit in the UK does not mean it was a hit in other African country. Somehow somehow, i think i will give it to African Queen cos it lasted longer and i collected more awards.

Don't mind the chaps up there. To them UK is Europe, we know them!
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2013
crusufixo:

Please tell me which international award oliver twist has claimed as compared to african queen. Of which the lyrics of oliver twist is not one to be proud of as compared to that of african queen.oliver twist is just not comparable to african queen. But then, both artiste represented naija wella.
mtv world music award 2012/2013
it also gave dbanj best african artist 2012/13
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Red-Light:
stop ranting and accept the bitter truth he told u

stop arguing like a toddler ... being to all major EU countries doesn't automatically Infallible... u cant know every latest thing happening there except u want to

You lack reasoning. I am arguing with you and you want to force me to align to your baseless side? You must be a fool.
Argue constructively and show me you've got some sense.

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by McGeorge1(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Who aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ the idiots asking who knows African #ueen I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ Europe? Do Ʊ know how much was paid ƒσя that song τ̅☺ be used as soundtrack? *frican Queen, best 9ja song ever. 2face, MI, Asa! The rest Ώ̶̲̣̣̥a̶̲̥̅̊ ƒσя road I the hear them.

2 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Red-Light:
mtv world music award 2012/2013
it also gave dbanj best african artist 2012/13
He won it as best African act which is an award for his culminated efforts and not just because of Oliver twist. Which awards did he win for Oliver twist specifically. African queen won numerous awards.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2013
Personally I will say Oliver Twist cuz I was in Romania last September for my friends wedding believe it or not Oliver Twist was playing on Europa fm like every 20 minutes
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by bakynes(m): 9:41am On Mar 04, 2013
I knew pple will apply sentiments to this to be candid Oliver Twist is popular than African queen even white pple dey play Oliver Twist white pple don't give a shit about Africans nt to talk of one African queen
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by i1: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2013
to me the comparison is faulty, becuase the two songs are for different generations(if i may put it that way).
african queen during its time was a trailblazer, a pathfinder, a leader that paved the way for the likes of oliver twist to be celebrated now.
it was african queen hat brought mainstream support for the nigerian music industry. hell it was the very first song played on mtv base africa.
it mught not have won accolades like oliver twist but you should understand that there is a decade between the two songs.
i think african queen should be commended for leading the development of the music industry as we see it now.
well as for oliver twist, i want some more.....
the song as gone places...(just saw pitbull's version) and yes it was on the charts, so it is more internationally aclaimed . but do not compare it to a song that is ten years older than it.

african queen is the pioneer of modern nigerian music.
oliver twist is the result of ten years growth in the music industry.
so do not compare

14 Likes

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:45am On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I think it's unfair to compare both songs cos they were not released at the same time and they're not the same genre of music. When 2face released African thing, it was the hottest thing and was popular throughout the world especially in countries with a lot of Black/African people. It was even used for a Hollywood movie. It's also kind of timeless. Oliver Twist on the other hand was not as popular as African queen in Nigeria but was popular nonetheless. It was also popular in the UK and this was made possible by some Nigerians living there. There's a difference between UK(sorry LOndon) and europe. That it was a hit in the UK does not mean it was a hit in other European countries. Somehow somehow, i think i will give it to African Queen cos it lasted longer and i collected more awards.
african queen myt have put nigeria on the map no doubt .... but oliver twist beats african queen hands down when it comes to recognition... do u even know how many languages they have translated oliver twist to? same oliver twist won dbanj so many major awards too also used in a movie (eastenders) .... Do u know that "no time" by psquare is more popular in europe than african queen ever was? let alone oyinye by psqaure

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ozodimgba(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2013
African qeeeeeun all the way. Chogbo?
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:47am On Mar 04, 2013
I think it is not fair to the African Queen that was released about 9 to 10yrs ago to be comparing it at the moment to oliver Twist that was released just last year and is still the reigning track.Though personally i wiil take Oliver Twist but African Queen has stood the test of time being still fresh after 10yrs.Give both extra 6 t0 8yrs and come back and compare.

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2013
REALITY101: Personally I will say Oliver Twist cuz I was in Romania last September for my friends wedding believe it or not Oliver Twist was playing on Europa fm like every 20 minutes

Bro, wasn't it a (black man's) Nigerian wedding? Of course you will expect that Nigerian songs will be played in a wedding btw a black man and a white girl.
Let me tell you, I was in Spain in 2011 and attended a wedding btw two white peeps who live and associate with the black community. During the wedding, P'square songs were played; now does that mean P'Square is popular in Spain or Europe?

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by jadakiss213(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2013
mich2012:

Which Europe? So cos a few peeps know the song in the UK, you have generalized it to Europe? Do you live in any EU country? Pls, no one knows D'banj and his "Twisted Oliver". Tuface's african queen can not be compared to any other naija song any day at least from popularity side of view.
African Queen was the bomb in its days sure, buh ur last statement is soo wrong..Apart from Monster hits realeased by Fela,KSA nd co,Femi's 'beng beng' is way ahead of AQueen
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by RedLight1: 9:53am On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: He won it as best African act which is an award for his culminated efforts and not just because of Oliver twist. Which awards did he win for Oliver twist specifically. African queen won numerous awards.
okay gimme international award that african queen won (let start from mtv) upward .... and please dont gimme ghana music award or kora
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Mar 04, 2013
jadakiss213: African Queen was the bomb in its days sure, buh ur last statement is soo wrong..Apart from Monster hits realeased by Fela,KSA nd co,Femi's 'beng beng' is way ahead of AQueen
Mr man 'beng beng' is only popular in Nigeria and maybe known by some Africans but it's not a global song like African Queen.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2013
Red-Light:
okay gimme international award that african queen won (let start from mtv) upward .... and please dont gimme ghana music award or kora
SO those awards are not awards okwa ya? Did D'banj win any of those? Do you know that Kora awards was the biggest award in Africa at the time?
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Blackgold09(f): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2013
ddeola: How can you compare African queen with Oliver Twist? African queen no be Oliver Twist mate at all anytime anyday,take it or leave it
Na it be say Oliver Twist na Learner were African Queen dey?
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam: Whoever says its african queen needs his/her head examined. Pure bad belle.

Don't compare Dbanj to 2face,dem nor be mate for anything abeg,koko master don go,he leads for others to follow just like AY in the comedy industry.
Can you read @all..I doubt cos if you can you will know that we are not comparing artist but songs..u no dey hear am @all.

1 Like

Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by sportfeva(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2013
ifylord: Wat i knw be say weda African Queen or Oliver Twist. The two tracks are international recognize bt Oliver Twist is more recognize int'ly. Naija musik on d way. unbeatable. I gv it 2 DBANJ
I second you. The phrase here is "internationally" and I am not comparing artist. Let us be fair and sincere for God sakes, Oliver twist hit international wella and no naija track has achieve such feat. We don't need to start analyzing things here. I hope Dbanj could repeat such feat though might not be easy. This is a song that was heard massively and publicly in China, many countries in Europe, Korea and the rest as might think now.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Sike(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2013
You are my African Queen.... The Girl of my dream... You take me where have never been....(Continue till fade)
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by mich2012: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2013
jadakiss213: African Queen was the bomb in its days sure, buh ur last statement is soo wrong..Apart from Monster hits realeased by Fela,KSA nd co,Femi's 'beng beng' is way ahead of AQueen

Afam4eva:
Mr man 'beng beng' is only popular in Nigeria and maybe known by some Africans but it's not a global song like African Queen.

^ You took it outta my mouth. Isn't same song that was banned in Nigeria years back, correct me if I am wrong. No doubt it was popular but not as popular as Afrcan queen.
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by Ejine(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2013
Barack Obama and Isa Yuguda who get sense pass?
Re: African Queen Or Oliver Twist: Which Song Is More Internationally Acclaimed? by IRAPADA(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I think it's unfair to compare both songs cos they were not released at the same time and they're not the same genre of music. When 2face released African thing, it was the hottest thing and was popular throughout the world especially in countries with a lot of Black/African people. It was even used for a Hollywood movie. It's also kind of timeless. Oliver Twist on the other hand was not as popular as African queen in Nigeria but was popular nonetheless. It was also popular in the UK and this was made possible by some Nigerians living there. There's a difference between UK(sorry LOndon) and europe. That it was a hit in the UK does not mean it was a hit in other European countries. Somehow somehow, i think i will give it to African Queen cos it lasted longer and i collected more awards.
my friend africa queen was not d only nigeria song use in that movie,danfo driver song was used in tht movie,are we go to say danfo drivers is recognise all over us and the world.i will give to oliver twist (dbanj),

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is King Of Fuji In Nigeria? / Raymond Ayuba Of Hot 99.5FM Is Dead!! / How To Promote My Music On Radio Stations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.