Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men (4610 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by A40(m): 3:11am On Mar 05, 2013
@mzfelivisions
Very interesting topic though u started off on the wrong foot! U don't generalize u just don't do that
Some of the issues you raised are applicable to AA's as well
You seem eccentric but very practical about what you want you just have to take the good with the bad because you seem to be genuinely crazy about Nigeria (which is by no means a perfect country) so why not apply that state of mind to who you are looking for!

Nigerian men are the Salt of the Earth this is a globally acknowledged fact grin grin
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by Genius100: 4:13am On Mar 05, 2013
mzfelivisions: No its the issue that we r discussing that has stopped me from choosing, I can't seem to understand the communication method. If I dnt cll, instead of being busy, I must be " having fun" but if he doesn't call I'm selfish becuz don't I realize he's a "busy man". If I refuse to go out its because I'm hiding from someone instead of me being protective of my image so that none can come and make useless advances to me because iv been seen out with too many men due to the type of business I do. That if I have to travel even when I've informed him for business, I receive midnight calls and clls at inopportune time and yet there is no trust, when I've never shown you that I do anything bad. That there's this insane desire to bed me, when you haven't even taken the time to know what makes me tick, wat makes me happy, what I do when I'm nervous. If you can admit it takes time to know those things, why won't it take time to posess my most precious treasure. They get annoyed and ask am I a virgin, after all I hv children and I expln tht I live my life by example to my children. I can't ask my daughters to behave and be a good girl, if I don't show them wat a good girl is, I can't demand or expect my sons respect women if I don't show them wat a good woman looks like or what to look for in a wife. I must admit that I do have high expectation because I have seen men, real men, not just those who cll themselves that because they were born with a extra member. Nigerian, AA, Global. I want a man that can be my head, that I can trust and believe in. A man who will allow me to close my eyes, streach out my hand and allow him to GUIDE me, not in obedience but in love and TRUST, because I know what it means to be a wife, a mother, a lover .... a helpmeet. I take my position seriously. Its not a right to be a Wife or Husband, its an honor and privelegde that comes with responsibilities and expectations

Look my friend, you are too uptight. It is entirely your fault that you can't find a man. What kind of person finds "So you have forgotten me abi" offensive? You keep screaming about how much you love Nigeria and its men, yet you are unable to adjust to simple innocuous Nigerian communication. My advise for you is to work on yourself first, because it's obvious to me you are the type that creates drama over innocuous things. If you can't adjust to the simple Nigerian style of communication, then Nigerian man are not for you. Infact, I'm sure even if you were not in Nigeria, you will have the same complaints about the men of wherever you are. Many of us live in the USA, and Americans girls are generally not offended by the Nigerian style of communication, how much more someone that lives in Nigeria?
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by baby124: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2013
Someone is bored and needs company. What would a grown woman be looking for a puzzle for? There are Nigerian men that are perfectly understandable and will value your specs. As for women, I know Nigerian men don't discriminate. Young o, old o. Just look for your specs and leave the puzzles alone for girls that are interested in solving them.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 05, 2013
^^^ welcome back from your ameboism you hear? angry
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by biolabee(m): 6:23am On Mar 05, 2013
trae_z:

Because we fail terribly when we examine ourselves against her starting post

Her specifications were really high
I wonder if they are realistic for ANY MAN smiley
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Chukskalidon:
I bliv she's jst impersonating sumtin on d thread. If nt she should av thought of d fact that she had kid/kids b4 d strange thread.
abi o.infact i am beginning to see this thread as a complete waste of time,because if poster was serious about what she wants to do,she wont be here arguing,she will have picked the necessary points and act on it.abeg my tea break is over jare,got to get back to work and attend to other inportant issues.issshhh!
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by baby124: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^^ welcome back from your ameboism you hear? angry

Iya save the poor, meek, hurt and used sheep. I dey gidigba. grin cheesy
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 05, 2013
baby_123:

nawa o.lol.nairalanders and their bad mouth
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
baby_123:

LMFAO!
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by maryini(f): 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
@OP, Never lower your standards for any one. As regards your comment on Nigerian men, I have noticed all of the things you have complained about 100%.

But I can confidently say that there are some who are exceptions and to meet your ideal guy you'll need to search real hard and pray.

Nice writing style.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by baby124: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
kulyie: nawa o.lol.nairalanders and their bad mouth
andromida:

LMFAO!

Abi. You dey mind Jide? Na she be prime maga material. Easily touched by any sheep in distress. Even a dangerous sheep.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men by seunny4lif(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Vikin: Typical grin grin

Catch them young!

LWKMD.....Keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Sleep Eludes Me... / Ok / Are You A Stay At Home Mom Looking For Something To Fetch You A Steady Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.