Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? (22005 Views)

7 Hot Weather(heat Wave) Safety Tips And Precautions / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by simplygreat(m): 11:13am On Mar 04, 2013
d heat is terrible....EVEN D TAP WATER FOR SHOWER AT NIGHT ISN'T COLD AS USUAL..IT IS NOW WARM...OUR HOPE IS phcn and gen
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ochukoccna: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2013
devour129: i tot it was only me until i read this thread.the heat in abuja is bad that i went for pregnancy test thinking i was pregnant cos mi body was always so hot.i have serviced all my acs twice last month but its still blowing hot air.
AC blowing hot air
Lolz!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by plendil: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2013
Phew!!! another day again. Twelve never nack , but the sun has already started ''showing off'' again angry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
I AM YET TO RECOVER FROM THE HEADACHE I GOT YESTERDAY SUNDAY DUE TO THE VOLCANIC HEAT. WOW!DIS IS SOOO OFF NORMAL
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by lomprico(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
savcy: I sleep outside of course. grin

And d mosquitoes will suck d S.hit out of u.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Marpol: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
ochukoccna: Globally abnormal weather patterns are now more of the rule than been an exception

Currently the weather seems to have gone crazy

Scientists have a buzz word for it, 'Climate change'

Metaphysics inductees say its a pointer to a new epoch for mankind

You might have a different take

Mine is HEAT WAVE

Lagos for now is SO SO HOT though I feel for those up north knowing the temperatures there will be stiffling

Even fishes don't drink water like I do now

Despite my top notch hygiene, heat rashes are popping up while I frequently awake to shower during the night before the day breaks

How are you coping with the weather nowadays?

What insights or tips can you give others?

Thanks.

Just install an inverter for sleeping overnight. I run my generator from 7pm till 12midnight and switch over to inverter till morning! I no wan die b4 my time.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by MarcoP: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Na uncle Fashola cause d heat wave. The sand filling of d ocean for Atlantic city project has reduced d mass of water to absorb the heat from d sun.

The ban on okada in lagos and closure of Ladipo market has reduced d number of people directly under d sun to share and swallow d heat. That's why d heat is too much at night.

My neighbor now use d excuse of heat to sleep outside, always cornering and poking d landlord's daughter around 2 am every nite, I dey watch them from my window. Should I tell his wife?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by davades(m): 2:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Even fan is blowing hot air...I've found it difficult to have a sound sleep these days.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by firestar(f): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
embarassed
It's about to rain here. I wonder if its similar to other regions with rocky outcrops.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
It rained here yesterday night and early dis mawning ... meaninq err'way so chill and okay
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Vires: 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
Marco-P :
Na uncle Fashola cause d heat wave. The sand filling of d ocean for Atlantic city project has reduced d mass of water to absorb the heat from d sun.

The ban on okada in lagos and closure of Ladipo market has reduced d number of people directly under d sun to share and swallow d heat. That's why d heat is too much at night.

My neighbor now use d excuse of heat to sleep outside, always cornering and poking d landlord's daughter around 2 am every nite, I dey watch them from my window. Should I tell his wife?

lol, lol, lol, lol, lol
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by uglyBetty1(f): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
In PH na rain we dey suffer. Rained on Friday, Rained on Saturday, rained on Sunday and even rained today way be Monday. Upon that the heat will still be there but not too much shaa. Human beings are insatiable, when rain starts, they will start complaining. Na the time of heat we dey, the next thing na rain and flood season.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ugees(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
ugly Betty: In PH na rain we dey suffer. Rained on Friday, Rained on Saturday, rained on Sunday and even rained today way be Monday. Upon that the heat will still be there but not too much shaa. Human beings are insatiable, when rain starts, they will start complaining. Na the time of heat we dey, the next thing na rain and flood season.
yes oh. there doesn't seem to be any heat in porthacourt.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by johnshagb(m): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
firestar: embarassed
It's about to rain here. I wonder if its similar to other regions with rocky outcrops.

It's cloudy here too in ilorin. I hope God open the flood gate of heaven. The heat is terrible right now
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by NAJALYN: 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
The heat is terrible, and to worsen matters PHCN (Please Hold Candle Now) is not helping matters with the epileptic power supply. One is constantly drinking cold water and taking cold bath all to no avail. If it were possible to remain under shower 24 hours one would do it.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by sonnyudoh(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Me and my girl at nyt we jus go 2 a nearby stream and sleep there 2geda so its easeir 4me ȋ̝̊̅̄ take my bath deh and leave 4work
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by FOREXMART(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
otokx: pour water, baff all the time but its raining every night in port harcourt, so it helps.

Which of the port Harcourt? Not the one I live in. Every night ke.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by plendil: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
I'm tired of sleeping on sweat soaked sheets!!!!!! arrrghh!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Solozzo(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Marco-P :

Foolish talk
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by BrightDeGea(m): 10:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
PHCN is here to finish what the sun has started, make person no go don one day oo
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Solozzo(m): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sunnycliff: I now sleep on the top of the Iroko tree in front of my house!

Liar! Lol
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by gabolz(m): 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
hollandis: Are you kidding me ?Here its cold and snowing -3 degrees today.I will do anything for the heat.Cant wait for the summer undecided
You wont understand!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Bome01(m): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
Where I'm serving-Mopa- is hell
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by rill: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
The sun in lagos 2dy is not smiling, after all d whole rain dt fell yesterday....* wipes face with half soaked face towel*
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by femarse: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
omodapson:
Lol! One man's meat is poison to another. But I would say the weather has been fair in Ibadan.
Which kind fair be that everyday except when phcn remember us its totaly fryin both day and night in ibadan except you stayin in the outskirts
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 3kay945(m): 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
runz: bros get an inverter and batteries,I don't use generators.

I have inverter of course, but 2days without electricity to recharge or working generator make it useless
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 3kay945(m): 5:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
Marpol:

Just install an inverter for sleeping overnight. I run my generator from 7pm till 12midnight and switch over to inverter till morning! I no wan die b4 my time.

this is exactly what I do before my generator breaks down
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by runz(m): 7:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
3kay945:

I have inverter of course, but 2days without electricity to recharge or working generator make it useless
then u need solar panels or an external battery charger.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by plendil: 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=32pt]HALLLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm BURNING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] cry cry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by 3kay945(m): 4:00am On Mar 08, 2013
runz: then u need solar panels or an external battery charger.
please, which one be external battery charger?
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by runz(m): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2013
3kay945:
please, which one be external battery charger?
external charger,charges ur battery faster than d inverter but its good for those who use a small system like 1.5kva.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 08, 2013
i think its giving me migraines

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment / Ijeoma Nnodim: A Paediatrician Born Deaf; An Inspirational Story (Photos) / Househelp Forcefully Delivers 6-month-old Baby In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.