Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? (22007 Views)

7 Hot Weather(heat Wave) Safety Tips And Precautions / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by gbadexy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
The heat is something else. I start sweating inside the house as soon as PHCN takes electricity and the power supply has been poor in lagos here.
I think many people on this thread all agree the power supply is terrible which makes one to wonder about the 5000 mega watt.
I can't wait for the raining season to start.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by BodyKiss(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
BarryX: Dear Sun. There's no contest, its not a competition. U're still d hottest tin in  planet, nobody dey drag ª̳͡♏ wit u. Pls stop showing off abeg 3-|

Damn too hilarious. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Biggyd2: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
Temesco: na north u dey?

NO oooo shocked shocked shocked. My liver no reach the heat wey dey that side.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by trolling(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
991:
e be like say the heat wave don dey enter your brain! Hope there are people around to tie you when the main madness go start.
lol
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by TableLeg(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Tucked inside a man-sized microwave
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by MumZ(f): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
tonididdy: Heatwave gini?...not here in benincity.its just a normal weather like everyother year.its always being sunny and hot;you and your scientists are just seeing and assuming things...
Wich Benin normal? Dis heat na die. My baby cnt even sleep cos PHCN no dey hlp matas. Hvnt had. Lght 4 2 days.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by nenergy(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Not only do you wake drenched in sweat (up Nepa), the heat induces bad dream. Just 2 days ago, i woke up screaming 7:30.Hahahaha Lord let it rain in my part of Lagos soon o!

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nor be small tin oo
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
I keep saying this " the heat is not of this world, maybe they sent it from ......" This is not ordinary o because even electricity can't solve the problem...fan dey blow hot, AC dey blow hot then the worse part be say the natural air wey be our last hope, dey blow hot too so tell me where the heat from?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by runz(m): 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
3kay945: Bros, to add salt to my injury the stupi.d Generator repairers I called has being a disappointment.
bros get an inverter and batteries,I don't use generators.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by warrior101: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
ochukoccna: Globally abnormal weather patterns are now more of the rule than been an exception

Currently the weather seems to have gone crazy

Scientists have a buzz word for it, 'Climate change'

Metaphysics inductees say its a pointer to a new epoch for mankind

You might have a different take

Mine is HEAT WAVE

Lagos for now is SO SO HOT though I feel for those up north knowing the temperatures there will be stiffling

Even fishes don't drink water like I do now

Despite my top notch hygiene, heat rashes are popping up while I frequently awake to shower during the night before the day breaks

How are you coping with the weather nowadays?

What insights or tips can you give others?

Thanks.

mehn i think say na only me. I drink alot of water too. Wash my face and head sometimes shower. Open all windows and door. What more can i do?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by omodapson(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2013
Angel_777: Fair? what part of ibadan are u? ibadan is so hot now! sleeping at nite is problem. dis phcn is not helping at all, the lite situation is bad.

It rained yesterday and that cooled it a bit. I know what I'm saying if you are coming from a town like Minna or Yola. It is hell in those cities.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by mydi(f): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Wat is normal here? Its so hot plus no lite
tonididdy: Heatwave gini?...not here in benincity.its just a normal weather like everyother year.its always being sunny and hot;you and your scientists are just seeing and assuming things...
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ronnyfam(f): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
omodapson:
Lol! One man's meat is poison to another. But I would say the weather has been fair in Ibadan.

What part of ibadan do you stay? Nothing is fair o,its terrible. 33 degree
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Biggyd2: 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
runz: bros get an inverter and batteries,I don't use generators.

That is if PHCN will give one electricity to recharge the batteries when needed.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by StFrank2(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
Dude the heat is killing, I bet the Ozone layer got bursted againsmiley I just dey sweat mehn I wonder how hell go look like, repent people so u make heaven o. Lord have mercy on us

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by aieromon(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
Its so hot in Lagos that chickens now lay boiled eggs.

However,its nothing compared to the horror I experienced in Katsina state. I had three buckets of water on standby to pour on the mattress at regular intervals. Mehn,that shyt cray.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by ehiotoye(f): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
U nid 2 come 2 Kano n feel d heat, dont know hw 2 describe it. Infact, dere is no rival
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by FBS: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
hollandis: Are you kidding me ?Here its cold and snowing -3 degrees today.I will do anything for the heat.Cant wait for the summer undecided
-3 is cold ? For where be that? That's pretty 'warm'. No kidding.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Biggyd2: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
ehiotoye: U nid 2 come 2 Kano n feel d heat, dont know hw 2 describe it. Infact, dere is no rival

Sis, una dooo!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by aieromon(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
ehiotoye: U nid 2 come 2 Kano n feel d heat, dont know hw 2 describe it. Infact, dere is no rival

I've felt it before and believe you.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
aieromon: It's so hot in Lagos that chickens now lay boiled eggs.

grin grin grin grin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by idlaw2k3(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
ronnyfam:

What part of ibadan do you stay? Nothing is fair o,its terrible. 33 degree

33 degrees,?? We avarage 36,37degrees here in abuja
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by omenka(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
I sleep buttt nakid and wake up at midnyt to pour some water cos phcn hasn't been helping matters at all.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ekans: .Its raining every night in p/h (you said),is your own p/h located in the moon?.
ASK AM OOOO,WHICH P H WEY WE NO DEY. FOR ABULOMA HERE MAN WAN TURN TO KILISHI
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by LadyWinona: 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
This thread is hilarious!!! I had commented on the hot weather today only to come to nairaland to see same. It is really hot! So hot dt my baby is sweating. Luckily, there no mosquitoes which is kinda strange when you think of it. *off to google whether heat waves kill mosquitoes*

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by obi123: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
the way forward for me na to bath cold water , no clean body complete, come rub dusting powder ,the coolness from the mixture of the menthol in the powder and moisture from my semi dry body plus my rechargeable fan helps to keep me cool for the night

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by blinkz4real: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
come 2 lokoja n u ll c sun itself. D place is damn hot lyk hell. I d fear mk my neck no turn o.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Policewoman(f): 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
No be smalll thing o. When NEPA no dey, i sleep without wearing anything.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Policewoman(f): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
otokx: pour water, baff all the time but its raining every night in port harcourt, so it helps.
It didnt rain yesterday in P.H o!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by Odunharry(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
lagos na dai oo..sinc dx year....me na ard 8pm n 12am i dy bath nyt bath.....d heat fit boil beans overnyt

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? by pryzlez: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
busayochic: why not get a rechargeable fan instead

No be electricity e go take charge am ni

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment / Ijeoma Nnodim: A Paediatrician Born Deaf; An Inspirational Story (Photos) / Househelp Forcefully Delivers 6-month-old Baby In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.