Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Dating Someone With The Same Profession - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Someone With The Same Profession (1285 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Dating Someone With Bad Teeth! / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Someone With The Same Profession by KateSpade(f): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
I find that I have a tendency to date men who have different career paths than me. Not only because I like the difference but also to avoid gossip or weird breakups. As if I'm already planning the breakup before the relationship begins and want it to end as peacefully for me as possible. Also I've had the instance of men either trying to compete with me all the time or claim that with me being a woman has gotten me to where I am.

Instead of having a mate that can help me grow in my same field and me help them as well I run away from it. Especially now that I am getting involved in politics and law, I know how often you see the same 100 people and they recognize and remember you. Am I the only person who thinks like this? How has your partner helped you with your career [if its the same field].
Re: Dating Someone With The Same Profession by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
A woman career ends in the kitchen chikena! If you desire to FLY then let your husband sanction it.

Before you begin to think of POLITICS and its benefits, remember your primary constituency is the KITCHEN.

Don't build a career to the detriment of your home...ekwu cha kwalam
Re: Dating Someone With The Same Profession by Mynd44: 6:21am On Mar 05, 2013
^^
A massive pile of bullshît
Re: Dating Someone With The Same Profession by Kirinwa: 7:18am On Mar 05, 2013
LastApostle: A woman career ends in the kitchen chikena! If you desire to FLY then let your husband sanction it.

Before you begin to think of POLITICS and its benefits, remember your primary constituency is the KITCHEN.

Don't build a career to the detriment of your home...ekwu cha kwalam

With my level of exposure I take exception to your views.I will only advise you sort things out and tell him what you intend to do in life. If he can cope with it fine if not RUN because it can lead to divorce.Example are models,political women.Some men don't like publicity. They prefer simple lives.

(1) (Reply)

I Bleached My Skin To Save My Marriage” – Foluke Daramola / The Truth About Women They Cannot Deny / 10 Easy Ways To Recognize Liars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.