Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia (19050 Views)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia by doveda: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
If you are very comfortable, strong hearted and from a comfortable family, you can still marry her but be ready to pick and choose which baby should be born and which one shouldn't. However I don't think it would be easy. The best thing as others have suggested is to let her go.

Teetom2:
hmmm life has not been easy for the past one year. I met this lady at the university and proposed to her. it took me two years before winning her heart. For the first six months, my beautiful, loving and caring girlfriend seemed disturbed whilst I was Okay having her around me even though I was disturb too for her unhappiness which I didn't know the cause. whenever I said I love you, she hesitantly responded but when I ask her Would you love me forever she will say "that time is yet to come for all of us to decide especially you " . I never understood her. She did not show any sign of living with the SC type of sickle cell condition. she indeed show care for me as I also love her. When we were going for vacation she asked me to check my blood type, HIV and sickle cell status. I love the girl and for that matter conducted the tests she instructed me to do. But to my disappointment I turned out to be AS. with no sign of my lover been a person living with sickle cell, I submitted the report with the idea that even if she is not AA and she is AS we can still continue.

But it wasn't what I was thinking. she is rather living with SC condition of sickle cell. I try to frame my statement in different ways to seek the opinions of friends about such a relationship in which the danger of putting an innocent child into pain but all answers comes in the form of separation. Anytime the issue of breakup comes to mind tears become our food for the day. It is difficult on each of us part to let the other go but all avenues seems blocked for the continuation of our relationship. I always take her to hospital when she falls sick .In fact I cannot say when she is sick I won't attend to her but as much as she falls sick and I am with her my love for her increases. She has become part of my life and living far from her always send me signals that I have neglected my calling. I look at myself and sometimes I think anybody who hear of this will insult me that I am crazy and irrational. For this reason I have no one to discuss this with except on social media where no one knows this insane guy writing. I know I will still look irrational in the eyes of some but those who care should express themselves to help.
Re: Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia by Kayboy123(m): 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
I am so comfortable being[left][/left][size=8pt][/size] a bachelor after so many searches. I gave up searching when I discover that I am always depress after rejection. Life is tough for sicklers, especially in Africa. If I am destined to marry, GOD will bring a compatible lady who will accept me for who I am, without any hindrance from her family or friends.
Re: Marriage And The Sickle Cell Anaemia by Kayboy123(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
I am so comfortable being a bachelor after so many searches. I gave up searching when I discover that I am always depress after rejection. Life is tough for sicklers, especially in Africa. If I am destined to marry, GOD will bring a compatible lady who will accept me for who I am, without any hindrance from her family or friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / 70-yr-old Man Insists On Marrying 12-yr-old To Boost Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.