Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag (14808 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Cocaine Worth Of $720k / Man Inserts Cocaine In Anus From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport / Nigerian Man Who Returned From Brazil For Wedding Arrested With Cocaine In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by TonySpike: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
By Comfort Oseghale

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Monday arrested 26-year-old Igwe Ogbonna for possessing 630 grammes of cocaine hidden inside two pairs of sandals and his luggage.

The discovery was made at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport Lagos while Ogbonna was attempting to board a Kenyan Airways flight to India.

According to the NDLEA Airport commander, Mr Hamza Umar, the suspect wore one pair of the sandals while another pair of sandals containing drug was in his luggage.

Umar said, “The suspect was arrested following the discovery of the drug during a routine search. Officers first found some cocaine inside the pair of sandals Ogbonna wore at the screening area.

“During the search, some quantities of cocaine were equally found in another pair of sandals and inside his luggage. He was found with 630 grammes of cocaine hidden inside two pairs of sandals and in his luggage.

Ogbonna told PUNCH Metro that he was travelling to India to further his studies.

He said, “I was advised to further my education in India since I had an uncle living there. They gave me only 700 dollars, still I was excited because I have always wanted to further my education.

“I was directed to Lagos from the East after my travel documents had been prepared and the bag and pairs of sandals handed over to me.

“The people who advised me also instructed me to wear one of the sandals, so I felt bad when the drug was detected.”

Chairman of the agency, Ahmadu Giade, said that efforts were being made to arrest other persons connected to the crime.

He said, “The agency is working to identify other suspects who are involved in this criminal act.

“I also wish to state that members of the public should be careful when people offer to sponsor them abroad. Investigation has since commenced and the suspect will soon be charged to court.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-hides-cocaine-in-sandals-bag/
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Kaxmytex(m): 9:29am On Mar 05, 2013
[size=28pt]lol....
Cocaine ninu sandal..
[/size]

[size=28pt]joooor o[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by ifyalways(f): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2013
Again ? embarassed embarassed

The stubborn housefly ends up in the grave with the corpse.His life is now messed up just cos of $700. cry
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Kaxmytex(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2013
Tony Spike: “I was directed to Lagos from the East after my travel documents had been prepared and the bag and pairs of sandals handed over to me.
“The people who advised me also instructed me to wear one of the sandals, so I felt bad when the drug was detected.”
[size=28pt]mumu of d highest order...
Dem give u bag,u no check am...
If dem kum carry bomb insyd nko?
[/size]
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Odunnu: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2013
The man sounds too naive for a drug messenger/outlet
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by ecosanders: 10:09am On Mar 05, 2013
Another industrious son frm d land of d rising sun grin

26 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by venorite(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2013
Lol,dis one dey funny ooo...
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by ichommy(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2013
Dis guy na mumu, chei na India u wan go but na kirikiri u find ur self, dis 1 bad pass Google search.
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Skywalker5(m): 11:16am On Mar 06, 2013
wtf. When will this drug traffickers learn?
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Deadlypoison: 11:19am On Mar 06, 2013
E be like say them swear for this guy ooo, hw e go dress like lunatic dey travel abroad? One leg
of sanders dey inside e bag and the other one dey e leg. hmmmm na waoooo. Guy make u talk truth so that them go pardon u for court oooo. This your story no enter light at all...

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Euckybaby(f): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
grin grin Good for him
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by akatonero(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Idiotuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Ur story sucks
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by TableLeg(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2013
IGWE OGBONNA you are a dunce
Serves you right!
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Andrew3(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Is really not his fault, it was the work of the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by donsax: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Kwennu kwennu kwezonu eeeee....
Ndi ibo na gbagbu cocaine nii

Haa haaa...na drug be only way?
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2013
the funny thing is we all rejoice when these small hungry fly are caught , when the real king pins and culprits are laughing their way to the bank.

In a world where the small time crook is locked up for life and the big time crook ends up in government.

Nigeria is a very weird place.

4 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Ejine(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2013
Mehn, that man is a real olodo. Very dull!

Dem give you sandals, you wear.
Dem give you bag, you carry.
Dem give you bomb, you wear.
Dem give you gonorrhea, you carry.
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by momodub: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2013
IGWE means king
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by bigjo: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Notthing to learn in nairaland,our youth are busy with tribal war why the youths in china are busy working to better the life of there family and the country

7 Likes

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Jeejile: 11:38am On Mar 06, 2013
The useless mumu may have been doing it but this time luck run out of his side hence he was apprehended. If not, how on earth can you accept a luggage from somebody without knowing the content of the luggage especially on international trip and at this era of insecurity all over the globe? Well, it is a lesson to all of us including land and marine passengers.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by crackhaus: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2013
No ma, his life's now messed up cos of 630g of the white powder. Bt wait o, I didn't think people own cocaine plantations in nigeria...too much powder is just in circulation

ifyalways: Again ? embarassed embarassed

The stubborn housefly ends up in the grave with the corpse.His life is now messed up just cos of $700. cry
Re: Man Arrested With Cocaine In Sandals And Bag by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Make money love your woman fear God that's my message

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Arraigns Pastor For Allegedly Raping, Impregnating Daughter / Mob Stripped The Only Woman Among The One Chance People Naked In Port-harcourt / Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.