Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members (14816 Views)

Internet Fraudsters Contact Facebook Herbalist, Dismember Man For Ritual / Orphanage Where Elo Ogidi Was Found Has Been Shut Down / Missing 4-Year-Old Elo Ogidi Found! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by information1: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2018
@Talkgeria

The family members of a missing four-year-old, Elo Ogidi, have been left confused as different kidnap gangs have called to demand ransom for her release.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Elo got missing during a church service at the headquarters of the Christ Embassy in Oregun, Lagos.

Elo was reported with the maid during the church’s children thanksgiving service last Sunday when she went missing.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone, Elo’s father, Afokoghene Ogidi, said different kidnappers had called the family claiming to have kidnapped Elo, adding that the gangs demanded different ransom.

He said, “Several people have been calling us, demanding ransom but they are fraudsters that picked our numbers from the flyers around.

“We believe that these fraudsters are from the same place using different numbers.

“One of them called and demanded N2.5m, telling me that if I did not provide the money within 24 hours, he would kill my daughter. He later called me back that day demanding N500,000 to feed my baby.

“When I got home, I didn’t call him back because I know a kidnapper will not ask for feeding upkeep.”

Ogidi, who further disclosed that he tracked the phone number of the gang which revealed the location they were calling from, said he told the member to put his daughter on the telephone.

“He called me the second day and told me that I did not want to comply and I said him I would comply, adding that I would give him more than the amount he asked for if only he could allow me to hear my daughter’s voice.

“But he could not provide my daughter; he was repeating the same statement of me not complying. With the trauma I was going through, I told him I know his location, and I will get him arrested, so he stopped calling,” Ogidi said.

Ogidi, who noted that another kidnap gang called his sister to demand N18m ransom, said all the gangs that called the family had their locations in Port-Harcourt.

He said, “Another gang called my sister to demand N18m, and she told them that she wanted to hear her daughter’s voice, the fraudsters gave the phone to an adult to mimic baby’s voice.”

Ogidi, who told PUNCH Metro that the family had been traumatized as a result of the incident, said he could not wait to have his daughter back.

https://talkgeria.com/christ-embassy-kidnap-fraudsters-call-family-demand-ransom/

1 Share

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2018
TWO FTC'S IN ONE DAY!!! I'm a genius

CUT OFF THEIR HANDS IF CAUGHT
KIDNAPPING IS A MENACE TO THE SOCIETY.

1 Like

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by thesicilian: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2018
It's simple now, if they can't provide picture or audio evidence that the child is with them, then the kidnapper is fake.

9 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by Benblaq(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
PITAKWA BOYS!

You won't blame them, they are hungry.

but wait oh, will it not be stupid if these guys are tracked down and arrested for a crime they didn't commit.

Boys wise up!
Be legit.

6 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by izzou(m): 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
angry

One of them called and demanded N2.5m, telling me that if I did not provide the money within 24 hours, he would kill my daughter. He later called me back that day demanding N500,000 to feed my baby.

Can you imagine? undecided

Simply take the numbers that called you to the network providers with the backing of the police and get those eediots arrested

Which one be #500k to feed pikin? Na bag of rice them go buy?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by gabazin080(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
In Africa we don't need CCTV cameras, neighbors are enough
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by gabazin080(m): 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2018
africa

3 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by CoTenanttt: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
na wa
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by alfredo4u(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ok

What r the police doing......
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
May God bring the beautiful back to her parent safe and sound that's my prayer for the family.

4 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by newbie2018: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
only in that Nigeria.... chai

1 Like

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by BabaCommander: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Shithole cuntry. Instead of helping the family, they want to scam them. Nigeria is a lost hope.

2 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
I pray the little princess is found soon.

7 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by sparog(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
People are just callous

Trying to make monetary gains from someone's pain

I pray she is found alive and in one piece

9 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
I fear who no fear Nigerian.

sparog:
People are just callous

Trying to make monetary gains from someone's pain

2 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by dominique(f): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
Profiteering off people's pains? That's got to be the height of it. Why are our people so heartless?

5 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by honestivo(m): 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
This girl is release right now in Jesus name amen ,she is too hot to handle by those miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by omoranmilowo: 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Elo the hands of God is upon you wherever you are. You are untouchable in Jesus name. You will come back to meet your family safely.

5 Likes

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
honestivo:
This girl is release right now in Jesus name amen ,she is too hot to handle by those miscreants
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by AutoSpaNg: 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
this shouldn't be happening to a grieving family. we must put in place measures to ensure that anybody that choose to venture in the infamous business of forgery, thuggery and fraudery will be easily and effectively prosecuted to the highest extent of the law. with this, I would like to sympathize with every single Nigerian family that have lost their loved ones to the ugly hands of cretinous individuals who pride themselves in cheating people out of their hard earned valuables.

Those of you living in Abuja, FCT that have place value on their vehicle should bring in their vehicle to our Ultra Modern Vehicle Repair Facility for a specialized computer based diagnostics backed by a comprehensive manual diagnostics procedure that would figure out anything at all that is wrong with your vehicle. Now the beauty of our service is that after the diagnostics we recommend actions that must be taken to put the vehicle in order, If you run any of the repairs in our workshop we will return the money you paid for diagnostics back to you in full. We are located at Jahi, Abuja Call Mr Fix it now: 08189742614
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by VANENON(f): 1:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
This is the height of wickedness, trying to make profit off peoples pain and tears.
I pray God arises for this family so they are reunited with their daughter safely and speedily.

1 Like

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by MrAnele(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2018
Even inside church is no longer safe ..
Scam is now ubiquitous
Naija no good naija no good.. no job opportunities blah blah and instead of fighting the powers that be we decided to pick up society vices....

Naija don cast and na we the citizens cast am by ourselves.....

Don't forget to Visit ictjobber.com, Nigeria's first designated Tech Job Portal for your latest ICT job vacancies in Nigeria
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by deebrain(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
Some Nigerians are the definition of wickedness.

And you will be amazed, many that do these things, at the back of their minds, pray that such evil don't happen to their own.
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by aalangel(f): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
information1:
@Talkgeria

The family members of a missing four-year-old, Elo Ogidi, have been left confused as different kidnap gangs have called to demand ransom for her release.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Elo got missing during a church service at the headquarters of the Christ Embassy in Oregun, Lagos.

Elo was reported with the maid during the church’s children thanksgiving service last Sunday when she went missing.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone, Elo’s father, Afokoghene Ogidi, said different kidnappers had called the family claiming to have kidnapped Elo, adding that the gangs demanded different ransom.

He said, “Several people have been calling us, demanding ransom but they are fraudsters that picked our numbers from the flyers around.

“We believe that these fraudsters are from the same place using different numbers.

“One of them called and demanded N2.5m, telling me that if I did not provide the money within 24 hours, he would kill my daughter. He later called me back that day demanding N500,000 to feed my baby.

“When I got home, I didn’t call him back because I know a kidnapper will not ask for feeding upkeep.”

Ogidi, who further disclosed that he tracked the phone number of the gang which revealed the location they were calling from, said he told the member to put his daughter on the telephone.

“He called me the second day and told me that I did not want to comply and I said him I would comply, adding that I would give him more than the amount he asked for if only he could allow me to hear my daughter’s voice.

“But he could not provide my daughter; he was repeating the same statement of me not complying. With the trauma I was going through, I told him I know his location, and I will get him arrested, so he stopped calling,” Ogidi said.

Ogidi, who noted that another kidnap gang called his sister to demand N18m ransom, said all the gangs that called the family had their locations in Port-Harcourt.

He said, “Another gang called my sister to demand N18m, and she told them that she wanted to hear her daughter’s voice, the fraudsters gave the phone to an adult to mimic baby’s voice.”

Ogidi, who told PUNCH Metro that the family had been traumatized as a result of the incident, said he could not wait to have his daughter back.

https://talkgeria.com/christ-embassy-kidnap-fraudsters-call-family-demand-ransom/

Stupid and Nonsense News Bar; Christ Embassy Kidnap
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by neolboy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
I hope by the time these fraudster who want to use this opportunity to cash in some money are been caught they should never put the blame on the Devil

1 Like

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by 1metre: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
i think the best federal govt should do is to execute on site any kidnapper or related stories. until death penalty is adopted and clearly implemented i dont think this mayhem can be curb. very soon with the trend of kidnappers in nigeria, kidnappers will resort to keeping hostage of anyone irrespective of how much money they could realise so far money will drop. this is the worst inhuman treatment.
Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by mamatayour(f): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
I heard about it.....so sad even in d house of God

1 Like

Re: Elo Ogidi, Christ Embassy Kidnap: Fraudsters Contact Family Members by NaijaBlend: 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
Kidnappers seldom hold babies because they know it is more of wahala for them to take care of the toddler. This girl must have been abducted by either traffickers or ritualists. It will be a special miracle from God if she is still found alive.

The family should ignore every call from kidnappers. They are likely fraudsters. They should intensive their prayers, and also work discreetly with security agencies and talk less to the public.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian-Americans Killing Their Spouses In The Us - (1) / Vigilante Members Arrested After Attacking And Abducting Man In Lagos. Photos / Mall AbdulMumuni Murdered In Kogi (Ozuwaya Community Chairman) Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.