Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead (28572 Views)

Image Of Ahmadinejad Consoling Chavez’s Mother Angers Iranian Clerics / President Hugo Chavez Of Venezuela Wins Re-election / Hugo Chavez Demands His $12billion Worth Of Gold From The Usa And Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Please, explain better because I don't understand what you are on about with that comment.

There one thing that he was a friend to all dictators of the world from, Iranian president to Gaddafi.

Those leaders all had nationalistic interests. They all decided to ensure that their oil revenues benefited their fellow citizens, not just a few multi-national companies. I suspect the reason Ghadaffi was killed was because he refused to allow rapacious Western capitalists to exploit his fellow Libyans, in the name of "Free trade".

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by tellwisdom: 12:21am On Mar 06, 2013
Why did he die? sad
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Please, explain better because I don't understand what you are on about with that comment.

There is one thing that he was a friend to all dictators of the world from, Iranian president to Gaddafi.

Like I said go read.

I am not about to write an essay about slavery and the identity crisis in latin america for you because no matter what I say you'd find some reason to go around it. I was talking to shymmex who CLEARLY did his research. cheesy

thank you.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 06, 2013
tellwisdom: Why did he die? sad

I guess to pave the way for the Western Multinationals/World Bank and IMF to take over Venezuela's economy.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by shadyJ: 12:24am On Mar 06, 2013
He died? But wait, Ramsey of Arsenal didn't score na..
Twas Ramos who scored.. And twas even an own goal sef..

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 06, 2013
@all4naija check out this thread while you're at it! tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/1209070/culture-history-plight-afro-latinos

it's under major construction but it's a start! tongue
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

Those leaders all had nationalistic interests. They all decided to ensure that their oil revenues benefited their fellow citizens, not just a few multi-national companies. I suspect the reason Ghadaffi was killed was because he refused to allow rapacious Western capitalists to exploit his fellow Libyans, in the name of "Free trade".
What about Cuba? I just hope US gets self-sufficient in oil production so that people can stop speculating everything on oil.

The truth is that Gaddafi was not killed because of oil. He killed himself by being aberrant to relinquished power to the people.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by HezronLorraine(m): 12:25am On Mar 06, 2013
He was really battling with cancer while the media kept telling lies that is chemo was going well.consolation to his family and people of venezuela.why are south american leaders battling cancer or one sickness or the other,argentina's female president just survived hers,now hugo gone,3 others also with failing health,jus like our own governors.the world need divine intervention.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Ivynwa(f): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: He was really battling with cancer while the media kept telling lies that is chemo was going well.consolation to his family and people of venezuela.why are south american leaders battling cancer or one sickness or the other,argentina's female president just survived hers,now hugo gone,3 others also with failing health,jus like our own governors.the world need divine intervention.

Hugo must have wondered like you did when he accused the Americans of having the ability to send Cancer to their enemies.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by pazienza(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Where is bro cap28,i can't wait to hear his opinion on this matter.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin: @all4naija check out this thread while you're at it! tongue

https://www.nairaland.com/1209070/culture-history-plight-afro-latinos

it's under major construction but it's a start! tongue
Lol... I will do that when I am chanced to do so. Posting Nairaland link is not helping issue though.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 06, 2013
The hidden truth is that the Western Multinationals and banks control the leaders of Western nations. President Obama is just a glorified puupet, doing the bidding of U.S. and other Western exploiters.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Like I said go read.

I am not about to write an essay about slavery and the identity crisis in latin america for you because no matter what I say you'd find some reason to go around it. I was talking to shymmex who CLEARLY did his research. cheesy

thank you.
I am fine with your simple excuse.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Ivynwa(f): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2013
pazienza: Where is bro cap28,i can't wait to hear his opinion on this matter.

I am sure Cappy will like Hugo, he likes anybody that ever dared stand up to countries like the US and UK. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2013
Even at the argument of making US looks devilish, it is still Venezuela largest trade partner. That says a lot about Hugo Chavez. That country is poor, though, surrounded by huge amount of wealth.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by cap28: 12:33am On Mar 06, 2013
OMG - I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS- THIS MAN WAS ONE OF THE LAST GREAT REVOLUTIONARIES LEFT IN THIS WORLD. A MAN WHO USED THE OIL REVENUE OF HIS COUNTRY TO PROVIDE HOUSING, HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION FOR HIS PEOPLE - A TRUE LEADER WHO REFUSED TO BE PUSHED AROUND BY THE UNITED STATES, A MAN LOVED BY THE POOR IN HIS COUNTRY BECAUSE HE CHAMPIONED THEIR CAUSE AND FOUGHT THE SATANIC MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS AND OIL COMPANIES IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT THE COMMON MAN IN HIS COUNTRY COULD HAVE A DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING.

WHY ARE THE TRUE LEADERS DYING WHILE THE SATANIC FORCES REMAIN IN POWER?

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

4 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Sad news.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by sweetgala(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Hopefully someone with a passion for Venezuelan people would arise
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Leemak: 12:36am On Mar 06, 2013
RIP great courageous Commandant........Venezuelans and courageous people like us will never forget u sir!!!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Chregor(m): 12:36am On Mar 06, 2013
An ailment dat seen him went under knife for a staggering number of times. I Consider this trend 'pennywise poundfoolish;' a situation, some world leaders watches their health dwindling and still hung unto power even to the detrimental of their health. However, may God grant his family and the good people of Venezuela to bear the lost.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 06, 2013
The kraken has been released from the pit of hades. Don't say I didn't tell you somebody in the name of Cap28 is going to speak fire to burn down the topic.

Welcome, Cap28 - the obvious believer in antagonism. Welcome my friend!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 06, 2013
cap28: OMG - I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS- THIS MAN WAS ONE OF THE LAST GREAT REVOLUTIONARIES LEFT IN THIS WORLD. A MAN WHO USED THE OIL REVENUE OF HIS COUNTRY TO PROVIDE HOUSING, HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION FOR HIS PEOPLE - A TRUE LEADER WHO REFUSED TO BE PUSHED AROUND BY THE UNITED STATES, A MAN LOVED BY THE POOR IN HIS COUNTRY BECAUSE HE CHAMPIONED THEIR CAUSE AND FOUGHT THE SATANIC MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS AND OIL COMPANIES IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT THE COMMON MAN IN HIS COUNTRY COULD HAVE A DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING.

[size=28pt]WHY ARE THE TRUE LEADERS DYING WHILE THE SATANIC FORCES REMAIN IN POWER?[/size]

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

I knew it! grin grin

Cap would DEFINITELY respond to this! grin

and TRUE WORDS/GOOD QUESTION btw!! cool +1billion

all4naija: The kraken has been released from the pit of hades. Don't say I didn't tell you somebody in the name of Cap28 is going to speak fire to burn down the topic.

Welcome, Cap28 - the obvious believer in antagonism. Welcome my friend!

grin
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Reference(m): 12:42am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Even at the argument of making US looks devilish, it is still Venezuela largest trade partner. That says a lot about Hugo Chavez. That country is poor, though, surrounded by huge amount of wealth.

Most south american countries are resource rich. Brazil produces as much oil. Why is the US not pounding them into the ground as many perceive.

His was the classic case of the modern dictator who raises false flags, perceived enemies so as to whip up nationalistic sentiments and while he feeds the masses with the crumbs of sequestred national resources breeds a contingent of fat cats to keep him in power perpetually.

He was dying of cancer and knew it. Why didn't he relinquish power if not for skeletons. No, he loved his people to death. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by creserve: 12:46am On Mar 06, 2013
He was ever committed to his people.I remembered one of his ministers was here and actually lectured our govt on how to use the oil money for the benefit of the masses after the increase in the pump price of petrol!Petrol sells for peanuts in his country.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 06, 2013
This is one great leader that I feel bad for his dead, I do not care if he was in power for ever, but the fact is, he helped the poor and the needy in Venezuela and catapulted that nation to the envy of the West. I personally do not believe Democracy is the best form of Government and I have nothing against communism, as far as the citizens are happy, as far as the Federal Government gives political and economic autonomy to the states/regions/units and makes sure healthcare, security, and social benefit is cardinal then they get my thumps up. Hugo, I always have been your fan, may you rest peacefully, may your soul migrate to the highest energy threshold it can muster in the ethereal realms, may your Soul, Rest Peacefully till your next incarnation, So Mote It Be!

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by TruMantra(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2013
A lot of uninformed people make comments about Mr. Chavez being a hero of the common man. How many Venezuelans have you met and spoken with? I'm in a class right now with a number of Venezuelans and their position is that the picture of Mr. Chavez that we have is inaccurate. They do not see him as a hero and in fact,it appears that once they verify that this news is true, they intend to celebrate. I hear tales of filling a tank of gas for $1 but not being able to find milk in the grocery store or live with a reasonable sense of security.
This mirrors the views of the majority of Venezuelans I have met and although they might not constitute a representative number, it is telling that none of the Venezuelans I have met over multiple years who live in that country idolize him as many on here are doing.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by cap28: 12:53am On Mar 06, 2013
THE UNITED STATES FINGER PRINTS ARE ALL OVER THIS - THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF HIM FOR YEARS - DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THE US GOVT SENT THEIR AGENTS TO KIDNAP AND MURDER HIM IN 2002, HIS PEOPLE GAVE THE US GOVT A 48 HOUR ULTIMATUM TO PRODUCE HIM AND THE VENEZUELAN ARMY REFUSED TO OVERTHROW HIM - THIS IS HOW MUCH HIS PEOPLE LOVED HIM.

[b]The Revolution will Not Be Televised! This is a great documentary that will have you at the edge of year seat. A European crew was in Venezuela on a different mission when they came to realize that a revolution was taking place right in front of their eyes. They changed their focus to capture the day Hugo Chavez disappeared from his Presidential seat and a stooge beholden to International Zionists and imperialists was sworn in as the President of Venezuela. Where was Hugo Chavez? No one knew except his kidnapers. But word got around really fast that there was a coup and Venezuela now had a new president. The Venezuelan poor poured out into the streets and there was a counter-revolution. They demanded to have their president back! International Zionists and Imperialists had no choice faced with the number of people demanding the return of their President. When Hugo Chavez returned, he was shielding his eyes from the lights in his office, indicating that he was kept in darkness and his eyes were having a hard time adjusting to just ordinary lights.

There was eventually an interview of Fidel Castro who was closely monitoring what was taking place in Venezuela. He was in constant telephone conversation with Hugo Chavez's daughter and Castro was trying to give directions through Hugo Chavez's daughter to salvage the situation. The Castro interview itself is fascinating. If you just want to go directly to the portion about Hugo Chavez's kidnapping and Castro's retelling of it, please scroll down until you find a horizontal line where Castro begins to tell us the saga of the kidnapping.

Hugo Chavez: The story of the Hugo Chavez's kidnapping as told by Fidel Castro as he was on the phone with Chavez's daughter during the entire ordeal. Fascianting.

If you just want to go directly to the portion about Hugo Chavez's kidnapping and Castro's retelling of it, please scroll down until you find a horizontal line where Castro begins to tell us the saga of the kidnapping.

Hugo Chavez: The story of the Hugo Chavez's kidnapping as told by Fidel Castro as he was on the phone with Chavez's daughter during the entire ordeal. Fascianting.
"The Revolution will not be televised" Video - 83 minutes. The day Hugo Chavez was kidnapped and replaced by Zionists' and Imperialists' picked president. This a great documentary. .

[/b]

http://ziomania.com/articles3/The%20Revolution%20will%20not%20be%20televised.htm

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by ayox2003: 12:56am On Mar 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

To tell you the truth I am not concerned about Iran...my fear is for Cuba because I know how devastating the American presence in the caribbean can be. The CIA TORE UP Jamaica, continues to hold down Haiti, messed up Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands etc. The plans they have for Cuba...I don't even want to talk about tbh. undecided

I didn't even realize how duped and ignorant we are as democrats until I started paying more attention to what Pres. Obama has been doing lately. It sucks but I really believe I voted for a permanent "black face" character. undecided undecided

Thumbs up girl. +10000.

But really, its not an Obama factor. Its more of the institution - white house. Even if a saint comes to power, he/she must agree with the actions of the CIA, either good or bad. Obama is kinda gentle to me though. Had Romney clinched power, definitely troops would have been all over Mali and West Africa. Soldiers would still be in Afghanistan.

Democrats are not war-mongers like the Bushes of this world. They are mostly concerned about the economy. So u didn't make a bad choice.

The death of Chavez would make the West re-strategize cos he was almost ousted by a sponsored coup that failed. That's why he never liked Bush. Well, let's see who replaces him cos Cuba would suffer if a right wing leader emerges.

Frawzey
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 06, 2013
Chavez was a great leader.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by cap28: 1:00am On Mar 06, 2013
US GOVTS ATTEMPT TO OVERTHROW CHAVEZ IN 2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id--ZFtjR5c

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2013
ayox2003:

What about Nigerians? Aint they suffering in the midst of plenty? Mind you, Venezuela has the cheapest price of oil in the world. Saviour of the poor. Plus, he was never a puppet to the West.

If you talked about crime and immorality...it would have been another issue.

Frawzey
[b]My friend shelve those words of yours.How much do you know about Venezuela.Apart from cheap petrol what else?I stand to contest your points.Venezuela can and hear me clearly can never be compared to Nigeria.Nigeria is like paradise compared to Venezuela.Please make use of wikipedia and compare both countries.That people are suffering in Nigeria does not make the place to sound like one hell of a place.A visit to Caracas speaks volume.The slum in that country can't be compared to Nigerian slums.Even their capital is a whole bullshit of a place.Mind you Nigeria is bigger and more populated while a country rich as Venezuela and with lesser population lacks the management of state funds.In terms of electricity Naija is far better,Road far better,infact there is no basis for comparison mind you the country in question is rich.A country that has a dam called the Guri Dam, one of the largest in the world and depends on hydro power and still yet can't provide power supply for his citizens for 10 hours per day even in the capital caracas.The country with the largest oil reserve in the world still yet the people are living in penury.While Nigeria is the 35th most corrupt nation in the world Venezuela is the 16th most corrupt nation in the world.That is not to say he does not have his good side atleast they gat the cheapest price of petrol in the world because it is highly subsidized by the Government and he gives them food stamps because of hunger and poverty in which his own Government plunged the people into.Mind you he was a Dictator who used poverty as a weapon to have a grip on the masses.A country that there is no freedom of Press?Sometimes Nigerians do look down on Nigeria too much.Not all countries that their populace have light skin are doing well get that stuck in your head.Like i said before make use of wikipedia and you will know better.I rest my case[/b]

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 06, 2013
[size=18pt]Hugo Chávez kept his promise to the people of Venezuela[/size]

He wrote, he read, and mostly he spoke. Hugo Chávez, whose death has been announced, was devoted to the word. He spoke publicly an average of 40 hours per week. As president, he didn't hold regular cabinet meetings; he'd bring the many to a weekly meeting, broadcast live on radio and television. Aló, Presidente, the programme in which policies were outlined and discussed, had no time limits, no script and no teleprompter. One session included an open discussion of healthcare in the slums of Caracas, rap, a self-critical examination of Venezuelans being accustomed to the politics of oil money and expecting the president to be a magician, a friendly exchange with a delegation from Nicaragua and a less friendly one with a foreign journalist.

Nicaragua is one of Venezuela's allies in Alba, the organisation constituted at Chávez's initiative to counter neoliberalism in the region, alongside Cuba, Ecuador and Bolivia. It has now acquired a life of its own having invited a number of Caribbean countries and Mexico to join, with Vietnam as an observer. It will be a most enduring legacy, a concrete embodiment of Chávez's words and historical vision. The Bolívarian revolution has been crucial to the wider philosophy shared and applied by many Latin American governments. Its aim is to overcome global problems through local and regional interventions by engaging with democracy and the state in order to transform the relation between these and the people, rather than withdrawing from the state or trying to destroy it.

Because of this shared view Brazilians, Uruguayans and Argentinians perceived Chávez as an ally, not an anomaly, and supported the inclusion of Venezuela in their Mercosur alliance. Chávez's Social Missions, providing healthcare and literacy to formerly excluded people while changing their life and political outlook, have proven the extent of such a transformative view. It could be compared to the levelling spirit of a kind of new New Deal combined with a model of social change based on popular and communal organisation.

The facts speak for themselves: the percentage of households in poverty fell from 55% in 1995 to 26.4% in 2009. When Chávez was sworn into office unemployment was 15%, in June 2009 it was 7.8%. Compare that to current unemployment figures in Europe. In that period Chávez won 56% of the vote in 1998, 60% in 2000, survived a coup d'état in 2002, got over 7m votes in 2006 and secured 54.4% of the vote last October. He was a rare thing, almost incomprehensible to those in the US and Europe who continue to see the world through the Manichean prism of the cold war: an avowed Marxist who was also an avowed democrat. To those who think the expression of the masses should have limited or no place in the serious business of politics all the talking and goings on in Chávez's meetings were anathema, proof that he was both fake and a populist. But to the people who tuned in and participated en masse, it was politics and true democracy not only for the sophisticated, the propertied or the lettered.

All this talking and direct contact meant the constant reaffirmation of a promise between Chávez and the people of Venezuela. Chávez had discovered himself not by looking within, but by looking outside into the shameful conditions of Latin Americans and their past. He discovered himself in the promise of liberation made by Bolívar. "On August 1805," wrote Chávez, Bolívar "climbed the Monte Sacro near Rome and made a solemn oath." Like Bolívar, Chávez swore to break the chains binding Latin Americans to the will of the mighty. Within his lifetime, the ties of dependency and indirect empire have loosened. From the river Plate to the mouths of the Orinoco river, Latin America is no longer somebody else's backyard. That project of liberation has involved thousands of men and women pitched into one dramatic battle after another, like the coup d'état in 2002 or the confrontation with the US-proposed Free Trade Zone of the Americas. These were won, others were lost.

The project remains incomplete. It may be eternal and thus the struggle will continue after Chávez is gone. But whatever the future may hold, the peoples of the Americas will fight to salvage the present in which they have regained a voice. In Venezuela, they put Chávez back into the presidency after the coup. This was the key event in Chávez's political life, not the military rebellion or the first electoral victory. Something changed within him at that point: his discipline became ironclad, his patience invincible and his politics clearer. For all the attention paid to the relation between Chávez and Castro, the lesser known fact is that Chávez's political education owes more to another Marxist president who was also an avowed democrat: Chile's Salvador Allende. "Like Allende, we're pacifists and democrats," he once said. "Unlike Allende, we're armed."

The lesson drawn by Chávez from the defeat of Allende in 1973 is crucial. Some, like the far right and the state-linked paramilitary of Colombia would love to see Chavismo implode, and wouldn't hesitate to sow chaos across borders. The support of the army and the masses of Venezuela will decide the fate of the Bolívarian revolution, and the solidarity of powerful and sympathetic neighbours like Brazil. Nobody wants instability now that Latin America is finally standing up for itself. In his final days Chávez emphasised the need to build communal power and promoted some of his former critics associated with the journal Comuna. The revolution will not be rolled back. Unlike his admired Bolívar, Chávez did not plough the seas.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/05/hugo-chavez-people-venezuelan-president

Adieu Brother Leader!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Israel Opposes Any F-35 Sale To UAE Despite Their Warming Ties / Kofi Annan Is Dead / Morocco: Boy Stuck In Well For Five Days Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.