Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead (28573 Views)

Image Of Ahmadinejad Consoling Chavez’s Mother Angers Iranian Clerics / President Hugo Chavez Of Venezuela Wins Re-election / Hugo Chavez Demands His $12billion Worth Of Gold From The Usa And Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 06, 2013
hrmkz: Oil money could not save him from cancer!
Money cannot buy life.

Who said that rich people don't die?this is the most irresponsible statement ever!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:25am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan: @shymexx: To be fair, there are other Political parties in the U.S. But those 'lesser' parties are usually more successful at the State, County and City levels. The Wall Street bankers and multinational companies prefer supporting both Democrats and Republicans because these 2 parties would be easier to control, instead of, say, 5/6 parties. The U.S. federal electoral process almost completely shuts out any 'third' party.

I understand what you're saying... However, if democracy means: government for the people by the people... How come only two parties exchange the most meaningful post in America politics?? The UK for example has a fairer type of democracy(though it is not perfect)... We've got more than three parties at national level(UK) - and the different sub-countries have parties which are very strong in those countries... For example: native English people(especially southern England) are conservatives - Northern England and places where you have a large concentration of ethnic minorities are more of Labour and Liberal Democrats(American equivalent of Labour) strongholds... Scotland has its own party etc...

How come America(the land of the free) can't do the same??
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Why won't somebody fascinated by Iranians, who is a Muslim fanatic and wants to go there for his master see the bad side of US only? I know you heard me!

It is a shame somebody can't differentiate US from UK yet willing to provide a solution. Hahaha...
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:29am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx: So, you agree with a country locking up more than 30% of a particular section of its population??
This is sophistry. How come none of my black friends is locked up? I lived in the hood and all the folks who were locked up were definitely not innocent. You act as if the cops just go into the black neigbhorhoods and start to indiscriminately arrest and lock up blacks. Why is it that most black Africans in the States are not in jail?

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

No, I don't agree with racism at all. I was just saying that, in general, rights/freedoms aren't absolute.

However, if rights/freedoms aren't absolute - why use it as means to demonise other people?? What happened to live and let's live?? It's a free world!!

People are quick to label certain leaders "dictators" - however some of these dictators are God's gift to humanity... If Nigeria had a gadaffi/Hugo Chavez/Fidel Castro etc. I'm sure 90% of the population won't be in abject poverty while the 10% rich folks are getting fat in their mansions...

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 06, 2013
Probably killed by the New World Order, he was too much of a threat
better believe they have silent weapons that can give cancer.
and its not about conspiracy, these people are evil.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

However, if rights/freedoms aren't absolute - why use it as means to demonise other people?? What happened to live and let's live?? It's a free world!!

People are quick to label certain leaders "dictators" - however some of these dictators are God's gift to humanity... If Nigeria had a gadaffi/Hugo Chavez/Fidel Castro etc. I'm sure 90% of the population won't be in abject poverty while the 10% rich folks are getting fat in their mansions...
Are you serious?! You lost my respect man. You are very petty to say that.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:32am On Mar 06, 2013
None of you would trade your spots in the UK or God's own country for any in Venezuela or Iran or Libya or Syria e.t.c. If a plane lands in Nigeria and promises to take anyone out of that country to any country of his/her choice, ALL of you would choose the UK or the US, without hesitation.

3 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 06, 2013
markingday:
This is sophistry. How come none of my black friends is locked up? I lived in the hood and all the folks who were locked up were definitely not innocent. You act as if the cops just go into the black neigbhorhoods and start to indiscriminately arrest and lock up blacks. Why is it that most black Africans in the States are not in jail?

It's about war on drugs - when your read the laws, you'll understand better...
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

I understand what you're saying... However, if democracy means: government for the people by the people... How come only two parties exchange the most meaningful post in America politics?? The UK for example has a fairer type of democracy(though it is not perfect)... We've got more than three parties at national level(UK) - and the different sub-countries have parties which are very strong in those countries... For example: native English people(especially southern England) are conservatives - Northern England and places where you have a large concentration of ethnic minorities are more of Labour and Liberal Democrats(American equivalent of Labour) strongholds... Scotland has its own party etc...

How come America(the land of the free) can't do the same??
Just as I said, the two big big parties are funded by big business, so it isn't much of a surprise that their candidates get to play a game of musical chairs with regards to Federal elective positions. The US Supreme Court ruling in the "Citizens United" case basically stated that corporations had the right to donate unlimited sums of money to politicians running for federal offices. You can imagine if an average Joe decides to run against a well-funded candidate, who is backed by billions of dollars; who do u think is going to have the advantage.
Also, bear in mind that a 30-second advertising spot on tv in most big US cities cost more than $1 million. You can now see that only those candidates funded by the wealthy/multinational corporations have a shot at 'delivering' their 'manifesto' to Americans.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 06, 2013
markingday: None of you would trade your spots in the UK or God's own country for any in Venezuela or Iran or Libya or Syria e.t.c. If a plane lands in Nigeria and promises to take anyone out of that country to any country of his/her choice, ALL of you would choose the UK or the US, without hesitation.
The truth is that most of them who are bad-mouthing US and UK here live in those countries. What an irony!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Are you serious?! You lost my respect man. You are very petty to say that.

Petty to say what

Is Nigeria not practicing "democracy?"

How come all your corrupt leaders get red carpets in the west and hide their looted funds there, yet no one is calling them out It's all a game!!

Gadaffi or Hugo Chavez would have transformed Nigeria - true story!!

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:34am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

Shymexx, I am highly disappointed. Have you ever lived in Nigeria? I lived in Nigeria when we had a dictator---Sani Abacha---and when he died, folks poured out into the streets and started to dance. How can a dictator be good for a country? These dictators are first class hypocrites. They constantly assail and insult the West, but they siphon and embezzle the wealth of their nations and store it in FOREIGN BANKS. Do you see the irony?

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:36am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx: It's about war on drugs - when your read the laws, you'll understand better...

What laws? I live here! Do you? I see the sh*t first hand. No police has ever assaulted me before. No one in my family is in jail because we OBEY the law. If blacks are indiscriminately tossed in jail, you would have seen threads on NL dealing with the issue.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Onyocha: 2:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Hugo Chávez hints at US cancer plot

Venezuelan president suggests spate of cancer among leftwing South American leaders may be inflicted by US technology

Tom Phillips
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 29 December 2011 13.37 GMT

He has called George W Bush the devil and described Barack Obama as a clown.

But Hugo Chávez's customary jabs at his neighbours to the north took an unusual turn this week, when the Venezuelan president suggested that Washington might be behind a wave of cancer among Latin American heads of state.

"Would it be so strange that they've invented the technology to spread cancer and we won't know about it for 50 years?" Chávez pondered, one day after Argentina's president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner announced she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer and would undergo surgery in January.

Speaking on Wednesday during an end-of-year address to the armed forces, Chávez hinted that a spate of cancer among the region's leaders could be a US plot – although he conceded he had no proof and did not want to make "reckless" accusations.

"I repeat: I am not accusing anyone. I am simply taking advantage of my freedom to reflect and air my opinions faced with some very strange and hard to explain goings-on," he said at the event, broadcast live on state television.

Recent years have seen a series of leftwing Latin America leaders diagnosed with cancer including Brazil's current president, Dilma Rousseff, Paraguay's Fernando Lugo, and the former Brazilian leader Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

In late June Chávez admitted he was also being treated for cancer, telling Venezuelans that doctors had removed "cancerous cells" from his body.

"I don't know but … it is very odd than we have seen Lugo affected by cancer, Dilma when she was [presidential] candidate, me, going into an election year, not long ago Lula and now Cristina," Chávez said this week.

"It is very hard to explain, even with the law of probabilities, what has been happening to some leaders in Latin America. It's at the very least strange, very strange," the Venezuelan president said, according to government radio Radio Nacional de Venezuela.

Despite his lack of evidence Chávez hinted that other Latin American leaders should watch out – and recalled how US doctors could have infected 2,500 Guatemalans with STDs during the 1940s.

"Evo take care of yourself. Correa, be careful. We just don't know," he said, referring to Bolivia's first indigenous president, Evo Morales, and Rafael Correa, the president of Ecuador.

Chávez said he had received words of warning from Cuba's former leader Fidel Castro, reputedly the target of dozens of failed and often bizarre assassination plots including a fungus-infected diving suit and an exploding cigar.

"Fidel always told me, 'Chávez take care. These people have developed technology. You are very careless. Take care what you eat, what they give you to eat … a little needle and they inject you with I don't know what,'" he said.

While Venezuela's economy remains closely bound to the United States – the South American country exports more than 800,000 barrels of oil there each day – Chávez's colourful attacks on the Washington have been a regular fixture of his presidency.

Apart from the regular insults hurled at its leaders, Chávez has also accused the US of plotting to invade his country and involvement in a 2002 coup attempt that briefly toppled him from power.

In July this year Evo Morales floated a conspiracy theory of his own, suggesting the CIA might deliberately plant drugs on Bolivia's presidential plane in order to discredit his government.

"Do you know what? I think they have to be preparing something," he said. "So much [so] that I'm afraid to go with our airplane to the United States."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/29/hugo-chavez-us-cancer-plot?mobile-redirect=false

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:
Just as I said, the two big big parties are funded by big business, so it isn't much of a surprise that their candidates get to play a game of musical chairs with regards to Federal elective positions. The US Supreme Court ruling in the "Citizens United" case basically stated that corporations had the right to donate unlimited sums of money to politicians running for federal offices. You can imagine if an average Joe decides to run against a well-funded candidate, who is backed by billions of dollars; who do u think is going to have the advantage.
Also, bear in mind that a 30-second advertising spot on tv in most big US cities cost more than $1 million. You can now see that only those candidates funded by the wealthy/multinational corporations have a shot at 'delivering' their 'manifesto' to Americans.

And how do these big companies recoup their funds back?? Bear in mind that no one invests in any "business" just for a jamboree... That's where the military industrial complex and imperialism comes in...

It's all just a big ponzi scheme on the people - politics is a big business... Everything is make believe, hence why I don't envy those who actually want "freedom" to do their own thing their own way without external influence from the so-called western world because they know they're all pawns in the big ponzi scheme..

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Why won't somebody fascinated by Iranians, who is a Muslim fanatic and wants to go there for his master see the bad side of US only? I know you heard me!

It is a shame somebody can't differentiate US from UK yet willing to provide a solution. Hahaha...
Chavez probably heard/read about the book "Confessions Of An Economic Hitman". The author of the book was an EHM (Economic Hit-Man) who was in the employ of a US corporation, that usually advised resource-rich nations to accept IMF/World Bank loans as a necessary ingredient toward a more 'prosperous' populace. These EHMs also advised leaders of such nations to privatize most social services, and let Western corporations operate in their countries almost without hindrance, in order to exploit that country's natural resources.
Former Chilean President, Salvadore Allende was ousted by a military coup, which was financed by the Nixon administration thru the CIA. Allende was ousted because he refused to play ball with the EHMs.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by TUMIC(m): 2:39am On Mar 06, 2013
I see a man who stood up for his people and what he believed in and not like the selfish, corrupt and cowards we have as rulers.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Of course, the US is not perfect; we are always trying to make ourselves better; to better the state of our union; to make better the lives of our citizens; yes, we falter and we make mistakes, but pick ourselves up, rectify our mistakes and move on, with the hope that future generations will continue where we have left off. When I meet immigrants from Cuba, Venezuela, and other countries with dictators, their harrowing tales make me give thanks to God for my current situation.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:40am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

Petty to say what

Is Nigeria not practicing "democracy?"

How come all your corrupt leaders get red carpets in the west and hide their looted funds there, yet no one is calling them out It's all a game!!

Gadaffi or Hugo Chavez would have transformed Nigeria - true story!!
what makes you think Gadaffi or Hugo Chavez doesn't hide theirs in the West? Mister, you are misled to think those men are innocent of corruptions. Please, spare me this pollutant idea about the West.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 06, 2013
markingday:

What laws? I live here! Do you? I see the sh*t first hand. No police has ever assaulted me before. No one in my family is in jail because we OBEY the law. If blacks are indiscriminately tossed in jail, you would have seen threads on NL dealing with the issue.
It's true that Black Africans aren't many in US jails, but places such as South-central LA have witnessed undue Police raids, usually targeted at black males.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:42am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: what makes you think Gadaffi or Hugo Chavez doesn't hide theirs in the West? Mister, you are misled to think those men are innocent of corruptions. Please, spare me this pollutant idea about the West.

My brother help me ask am o. The previous leader of North Korea watched American movies in his spare time and had an array of assorted cars; drank champagne like no man's business, but he was always quick to castigate the West and their ways of live. Hypocrites!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that most of them who are bad-mouthing US and UK here live in those countries. What an irony!

Where do you want me to live?? I didn't tell my parents to give birth to me and raise me here - I just grew up from concrete to love humanity... There are millions of native britons who believe in the same thing I believe in... Heck, Karl Marx was a Germanic(Western). And most people who post comments on UK website say the same thing I say on here and they're white NOT black!!!

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by babaowo: 2:43am On Mar 06, 2013
why good leaders are dying ?
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: what makes you think Gadaffi or Hugo Chavez doesn't hide theirs in the West? Mister, you are misled to think those men are innocent of corruptions. Please, spare me this pollutant idea about the West.

I can't certainly say either Ghadaffi or Chavez were saints; but if those men had private bank accounts in Western countries, those accounts would have been revealed to the world.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:45am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan: It's true that Black Africans aren't many in US jails, but places such as South-central LA have witnessed undue Police raids, usually targeted at black males.

What evidence do you have? I am speaking from experience. I lived on Crenshaw and Adams (South Central LA) for 6 years and no African I know was unusually targeted. None. Why is it always African Americans? On my street (somerset), we had houses where crack cocaine, heroine, and meth was being sold; those were always the ones raided. I knew what was going on for it was obvious. No cop ever pulled me over when I was on the street or the sidewalk. If you obey the law, the chances of you being harassed is slim to none.

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 06, 2013
markingday:
Shymexx, I am highly disappointed. Have you ever lived in Nigeria? I lived in Nigeria when we had a dictator---Sani Abacha---and when he died, folks poured out into the streets and started to dance. How can a dictator be good for a country? These dictators are first class hypocrites. They constantly assail and insult the West, but they siphon and embezzle the wealth of their nations and store it in FOREIGN BANKS. Do you see the irony?

He was a greedy dictator just as Jimmy Carter was a bad democratically elected president... Murtala Muhammed was a good dictator and if he hadn't been killed by the CIA for being too pan-Africanist, he would've been the best president ever in Nigerian history... The Babangida was also a dictator, and guess who sponsored him to the post?? - CIA using the Abiola guy... Hence why he was buddies with Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reegan... Read about IRAN CONTRA!!

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:48am On Mar 06, 2013
@CFCFan

If I also were a cop, I would know which houses to raid and who to pull over. It is obvious. My uncle and I always complained about the illicit activities in our neighborhood and we were always happy when the cops came to raid. No one will say these things on TV, they will always blame the white man and the government. Interestingly, so many of the cops were also black and because of that, they were labelled as House Niggers.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 06, 2013

You wanted a debate and I'm indulging you - you're entitled to your opinions, mate...

Questions for you:

- Was Libya better with Gadaffi than it's now??

- Can compare you compare Venezuela before Chavez to the Venezuela of today??
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

Where do you want me to live?? I didn't tell my parents to give birth to me and raise me here - I just grew up from concrete to love humanity... There are millions of native britons who believe in the same thing I believe in... Heck, Karl Marx was a Germanic(Western). And most people who post comments on UK website say the same thing I say on here and they're white NOT black!!!
Go back home and start your anti-West movement. The West doesn't need you. You do literally everything on West inventions yet you are the first to backbite them.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by markingday(m): 2:51am On Mar 06, 2013
@shymexx

There is no such thing as a good dictator. It is a quintessential oxymoron. If you ever lived in a country with a dictator, your views will instantly change. Ask any immigrant in the UK whether they prefer the conditions in their former homes to their current ones. As for the operations of the CIA, I cannot speak about that. I do not have evidence to argue for or against your claims. Most of what I read were speculations and conspiracy theories.

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by BodyKiss(m): 2:51am On Mar 06, 2013
alala dakosta: rip chavez.saw it on CNN, have to come to Nairaland to CONFIRM. cool

Your brain correct so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Israel Opposes Any F-35 Sale To UAE Despite Their Warming Ties / Kofi Annan Is Dead / Morocco: Boy Stuck In Well For Five Days Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.