Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead (28571 Views)

Image Of Ahmadinejad Consoling Chavez’s Mother Angers Iranian Clerics / President Hugo Chavez Of Venezuela Wins Re-election / Hugo Chavez Demands His $12billion Worth Of Gold From The Usa And Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by CHIMSKY(m): 1:07am On Mar 06, 2013
Dike Anaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 06, 2013
^^^^Read that indoctrinated puppets!!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Ivynwa(f): 1:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Ivynwa:

I am sure Cappy will like Hugo, he likes anybody that ever dared stand up to countries like the US and UK. grin grin

cap28: OMG - I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS- THIS MAN WAS ONE OF THE LAST GREAT REVOLUTIONARIES LEFT IN THIS WORLD. A MAN WHO USED THE OIL REVENUE OF HIS COUNTRY TO PROVIDE HOUSING, HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION FOR HIS PEOPLE - A TRUE LEADER WHO REFUSED TO BE PUSHED AROUND BY THE UNITED STATES, A MAN LOVED BY THE POOR IN HIS COUNTRY BECAUSE HE CHAMPIONED THEIR CAUSE AND FOUGHT THE SATANIC MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS AND OIL COMPANIES IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT THE COMMON MAN IN HIS COUNTRY COULD HAVE A DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING.

WHY ARE THE TRUE LEADERS DYING WHILE THE SATANIC FORCES REMAIN IN POWER?

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

I said it,
Cappy is here----make some noiseeeeee.!

Some Nigerians that lived in Venezuela once narrated to me how Hugo once gave them residency even to the illegally migrated ones, that was nice if he feels the pulse of the common man and have a heart towards others.

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Ivynwa(f): 1:08am On Mar 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

To tell you the truth I am not concerned about Iran...my fear is for Cuba because I know how devastating the American presence in the caribbean can be. The CIA [b]TORE UP Jamaica, continues to hold down Haiti, messed up Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands [/b]etc. The plans they have for Cuba...I don't even want to talk about tbh. undecided

I didn't even realize how duped and ignorant we are as democrats until I started paying more attention to what Pres. Obama has been doing lately. It sucks but I really believe I voted for a permanent "black face" character. undecided undecided

Darkie from your post I am just hearing the first caribbean person to have a middle-east kind of view towards the US govt, some Caribbean countries have great relationships with the US really. I know for sure that beyond all those political moves of some first world countries lies some selfish motives yet I agree that there is freedom in democracy, man is not born to be held down but to be free. I like the freedom to all men being preached by the Americans. Many people attack the US policies and the minute these same policies buy them freedom and emancipation they are overjoyed.

MsDarkSkin:
To tell you the truth I am not concerned about Iran...my fear is for Cuba because I know how devastating the American presence in the caribbean can be. The CIA TORE UP Jamaica, continues to hold down Haiti, messed up Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands etc. The plans they have for Cuba...I don't even want to talk about tbh. undecided

I've got bad news for you Darkie, the US has the heart of the caribbean. They are best friends, major trade partner with the most happening if not the richest caribbean country. The country have made efforts to reconcile the US and Cuba, better have no fear about the American presence in the caribbean because they are right in your face. tongue tongue Now I mustn't be insensitive.
These countries you are listing that the US tore up, held down, messed up etc, don't they have a mind of their own? Chavez stood up for himself even while selling plenty oil to his adversary and collecting his dollars from the Americans, Smart Hugo.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by ayox2003: 1:11am On Mar 06, 2013
Tru Mantra: A lot of uninformed people make comments about Mr. Chavez being a hero of the common man. How many Venezuelans have you met and spoken with? I'm in a class right now with a number of Venezuelans and their position is that the picture of Mr. Chavez that we have is inaccurate. They do not see him as a hero and in fact,it appears that once they verify that this news is true, they intend to celebrate. I hear tales of filling a tank of gas for $1 but not being able to find milk in the grocery store or live with a reasonable sense of security.
This mirrors the views of the majority of Venezuelans I have met and although they might not constitute a representative number, it is telling that none of the Venezuelans I have met over multiple years who live in that country idolize him as many on here are doing.

Such is life. I also spoke to Libyans after Gadhaffi died. They were so happy and all. Now, they all miss him. They miss the house he gave them immediately they got married plus $10,000. They miss the revenue-allowance from oil that he pays into their account. They miss those perks. Rightnow, investors from the West are eating the good of the land. Libya that never had foreign debt would start to have.

You know what? John Kerry went to Egypt recently and he told the finance chief that if they would increase taxes and make some fiscal "reforms", the US is ready to loan the government billions of dollars. I guess the same would also apply to Libya very soon. So please, if they could get a leader that'd continue the legacy of Chavez, good. If not, they should expect a capitalist democracy where the lacuna between the rich and the poor would widen substantially.

Frawzey
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2013
MsDarkSkin:
To tell you the truth I am not concerned about Iran...my fear is for Cuba because I know how devastating the American presence in the caribbean can be. The CIA TORE UP Jamaica, continues to hold down Haiti, messed up Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands etc. The plans they have for Cuba...I don't even want to talk about tbh. undecided

I didn't even realize how duped and ignorant we are as democrats until I started paying more attention to what Pres. Obama has been doing lately. It sucks but I really believe I voted for a permanent "black face" character. undecided undecided

That's the story of the planet that we live in - the real heroes don't get their just due; only the fakes, jakes, racists, tribalists, imperialists, neo-cons, neo-liberals, and ethnic supremacists are celebrated... We live in a populist world of Western civilisation where everyone has been indoctrinated from birth - so it's not surprising that the real "devils" of this world are the most celebrated...

These are the things that make me question religion sometimes - and that was why Tupac made the "Who Do You Believe In?" tune...

A black face has set the tone and foundation for the destruction of the coloured people in the next century, yet the same coloured people are the most vocal supporters of this black face... We're doomed!! I now see why Michael Jackson and Sammy Sosa had to turn "White" loooool!!

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by seguun(m): 1:15am On Mar 06, 2013
bisi16: 1 less enemy 4 America..

U saw it on a whole CNN and u still needed 2 confirm 4rm nairaland..

Doctor tell husband say him wife born pikin, husband rush go outside dey ask receptionist weda na tru. U don act 4 nollywood b4?

Is like you don't know how important nairaland is to some of us here. Sincerely if I don't see a news on nairaland now I don't believe it. E don rish da levu for me.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by cap28: 1:21am On Mar 06, 2013
chingyjant:
[b]My friend shelve those words of yours.How much do you know about Venezuela.Apart from cheap petrol what else?I stand to contest your points.Venezuela can and hear me clearly can never be compared to Nigeria.Nigeria is like paradise compared to Venezuela.Please make use of wikipedia and compare both countries.That people are suffering in Nigeria does not make the place to sound like one hell of a place.A visit to Caracas speaks volume.The slum in that country can't be compared to Nigerian slums.Even their capital is a whole bullshit of a place.Mind you Nigeria is bigger and more populated while a country rich as Venezuela and with lesser population lacks the management of state funds.In terms of electricity Naija is far better,Road far better,infact there is no basis for comparison mind you the country in question is rich.A country that has a dam called the Guri Dam, one of the largest in the world and depends on hydro power and still yet can't provide power supply for his citizens for 10 hours per day even in the capital caracas.The country with the largest oil reserve in the world still yet the people are living in penury.While Nigeria is the 35th most corrupt nation in the world Venezuela is the 16th most corrupt nation in the world.That is not to say he does not have his good side atleast they gat the cheapest price of petrol in the world because it is highly subsidized by the Government and he gives them food stamps because of hunger and poverty in which his own Government plunged the people into.Mind you he was a Dictator who used poverty as a weapon to have a grip on the masses.A country that there is no freedom of Press?Sometimes Nigerians do look down on Nigeria too much.Not all countries that their populace have light skin are doing well get that stuck in your head.Like i said before make use of wikipedia and you will know better.I rest my case[/b]

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THIS BS FROM? ARE YOU AWARE THAT VENEZUELA WAS PREVIOUSLY RUN BY A GROUP OF US PUPPETS WHO WERE PLACED IN POWER TO DO THE BIDDING OF US BANKS AND MULTINATIONALS, CHAVEZ ONLY CAME TO POWER IN 1998- SO YOU EXPECTED HIM TO UNDO ALL THE DAMAGE THAT HAD BEEN CAUSED BY HIS PREDECESSORS WHO WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISMANAGEMENT?
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by chiyex(m): 1:24am On Mar 06, 2013
alala dakosta: rip chavez.saw it on CNN, have to come to Nairaland to CONFIRM. cool

so u would believe nairaland over cnn?
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 06, 2013
cap28: OMG - I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THIS- THIS MAN WAS ONE OF THE LAST GREAT REVOLUTIONARIES LEFT IN THIS WORLD. A MAN WHO USED THE OIL REVENUE OF HIS COUNTRY TO PROVIDE HOUSING, HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION FOR HIS PEOPLE - A TRUE LEADER WHO REFUSED TO BE PUSHED AROUND BY THE UNITED STATES, A MAN LOVED BY THE POOR IN HIS COUNTRY BECAUSE HE CHAMPIONED THEIR CAUSE AND FOUGHT THE SATANIC MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS AND OIL COMPANIES IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT THE COMMON MAN IN HIS COUNTRY COULD HAVE A DECENT STANDARD OF LIVING.

WHY ARE THE TRUE LEADERS DYING WHILE THE SATANIC FORCES REMAIN IN POWER?

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.

SMH for a lot of uninformed Nigerians.

Revolution in the face of abject poverty in the country. Where is the revolution when his family member are looting the treasury while the public live in penury. Where is the revolution when the treasury is used to finance his party and all his crony. Revolution when there is no more middle class in Venezuela due to authoritarian rule of Chavez.Venezuela is the kidnap capital of the world. I bet Bolivar will be turning in his grave due to what Chavez did in Venesuela.

If you have never been to the country, try to research a little bit about it before commenting. That is the reason we have google and Bing.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by cap28: 1:27am On Mar 06, 2013
jaidopor:

SMH for a lot of uninformed Nigerians.

Revolution in the face of abject poverty in the country. Where is the revolution when his family member are looting the treasury while the public live in penury. Where is the revolution when the treasury is used to finance his party and all his crony. Revolution when there is no more middle class in Venezuela due to authoritarian rule of Chavez.Venezuela is the kidnap capital of the world. I bet Bolivar will be turning in his grave due to what Chavez did in Venesuela.

If you have never been to the country, try to research a little bit about it before commenting. That is the reason we have google and Bing.

Do you realise you have just described your own country nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by skykenny: 1:27am On Mar 06, 2013
R.I.P fellow

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 06, 2013
RIP the voice of the voiceless, Hugo Chavez.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by skykenny: 1:31am On Mar 06, 2013
too bad!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by ayox2003: 1:37am On Mar 06, 2013
chingyjant:
[b]My friend shelve those words of yours.How much do you know about Venezuela.Apart from cheap petrol what else?I stand to contest your points.Venezuela can and hear me clearly can never be compared to Nigeria.Nigeria is like paradise compared to Venezuela.Please make use of wikipedia and compare both countries.That people are suffering in Nigeria does not make the place to sound like one hell of a place.A visit to Caracas speaks volume.The slum in that country can't be compared to Nigerian slums.Even their capital is a whole bullshit of a place.Mind you Nigeria is bigger and more populated while a country rich as Venezuela and with lesser population lacks the management of state funds.In terms of electricity Naija is far better,Road far better,infact there is no basis for comparison mind you the country in question is rich.A country that has a dam called the Guri Dam, one of the largest in the world and depends on hydro power and still yet can't provide power supply for his citizens for 10 hours per day even in the capital caracas.The country with the largest oil reserve in the world still yet the people are living in penury.While Nigeria is the 35th most corrupt nation in the world Venezuela is the 16th most corrupt nation in the world.That is not to say he does not have his good side atleast they gat the cheapest price of petrol in the world because it is highly subsidized by the Government and he gives them food stamps because of hunger and poverty in which his own Government plunged the people into.Mind you he was a Dictator who used poverty as a weapon to have a grip on the masses.A country that there is no freedom of Press?Sometimes Nigerians do look down on Nigeria too much.Not all countries that their populace have light skin are doing well get that stuck in your head.Like i said before make use of wikipedia and you will know better.I rest my case[/b]

You made sensible points. One thing is sure, whetever we do in life echoes till eternity.

Do you know the most corrupt country in the world? North Korea. Imagine. These lists are made by the West to disapprove governments that are anti-west.

See, if all what capitalist democracy gives us is the chance to vote then we're doomed. Infact, democracy should be democratized again!

Cos here in naija where democracy exists, apart from the ability to vote, nigerians enjoy nothing from the government.

If some nation decides they don't wanna adopt western democracy, why should such nations be termed bad by CNN and western media. Why? For real, Aljazeera is still the best rightnow cos there's always two-sides to a story in their journalism. Chavez was loved by his people. Pure and simple. He brought down poverty from 70% to 20%. Just forget all these CNN baseless data or internet researches.

If our leaders could place their national interest above western/personal interest, Nigerians would live like Kings.

Frawzey
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by antontech(m): 1:37am On Mar 06, 2013
He fought so hard but cancer seems to always win.May he rest in peace
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by idupaul: 1:41am On Mar 06, 2013
The C I A wins this round

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by ayotolah: 1:54am On Mar 06, 2013
alala dakosta: rip chavez.saw it on CNN, have to come to Nairaland to CONFIRM. cool

Very very funny. U don dey smoke weed...LWKMD!

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 06, 2013
idupaul: The C I A wins this round

You are onto something. Like I said earlier, even the Military-Industrial-Complex and the CIA control American Presidents.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by DnigerianPrince: 1:59am On Mar 06, 2013
R.I.P but Yayyyyyy! finally we can get it back, what you stole from us..
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

You are onto something. Like I said earlier, even the Military-Industrial-Complex and the CIA control American Presidents.

true that!

rip Hugo, u ll be missed cry cry
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Onyocha: 2:06am On Mar 06, 2013
President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela,Hugo Chavez,the great soldier against Western imperialism and arroagance,RIP!

Chavez seen below with the following anti-imperialist leaders respectively:

1. Mahmood Ahmadinejad,President of the Islamic Republic of Iran

2. Bashar al-Assad,President of the Syrian Arab Republic

3. Ayatollah Ali Khamanei,Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

Bro, I admire your thought process and your outlook to live - and you're one of the "comrades" who actually know what's going on in the world beneath the glamour and superficial freedom... Everything in America(the alleged "Land of the Free" and the sellers of "Freedom" and "Democracy"wink is controlled by wall street, special interests, plutocrats, neo-cons, neo-liberals, racists etc..

Imagine the "Land of the Free" where more than 30% of its black population are in prison and more than 60% of its black population would be incarcerated in their lifetime - even as hopeless as Nigeria is, it's not that bad... More than half of the black people in prison in the world are in American prisons... And guess what the prison system does to them?? - they use them for cheap labour a la slavery... Prison is a big business in America!!

The "Land of the Free" where there are only two political parties - and they're both controlled by the same people... So, where is the freedom? Everything is controlled in this world by the powers-that-be - only naive and unintelligent numbnuts believe in that pseudo-freedom...

Heck, you can get arrested in America for posting certain messages on twitter and facebook... Even the UK government(the owners of "Democracy"wink were arrested people for facebook comments and BB messages during the London riots... They tap your phones, yet they tell us "We're Free" and it's time to start singing kumbaya...

2 Likes

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 06, 2013
Freedom doesn't give you the right to commit crime. It doesn't give you the right to insult or abuse others and expected scott-free,etc.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2013
There's no perfect/democratised country on this planet - the only countries/demoocracies/governments close to perfection are countries where majority(at least 70%) of the people support what their governments are doing... What's Obama's approval ratings?? - defo less than 50%... What's David Cameron's approval ratings?? - defo less than 30%(if not 25%)... What was Hugo Chavez' approval ratings before he died?? - defo more than 60%!! Raul Castro? - defo more than 60%!!! Even North Area's leader has approval ratings higher than Obama's approval ratings!!

That's what you call freedom because the people there are happy with the way they're... You can't force your way of life on other people - that's unacceptable!!! It's a free world!!

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:15am On Mar 06, 2013
all4naija: Freedom doesn't give you the right to commit crime. It doesn't give you the right to insult or abuse others and expected scott-free,etc.

I agree with your comment. But also, the govt shouldn't be wiretapping innocent citizens without a warrant.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2013
Dude, have you read the drug laws in America?? - go read a damn book before debating me... I don't have time for garbage in garbage out crap!!
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

I agree with your comment. But also, the govt shouldn't be wiretapping innocent citizens without a warrant.

So, you agree with a country locking up more than 30% of a particular section of its population?? A country where you can be arrested for DWB(driving while black)?? A country where so many innocent people are doing life in prison??

I'm not anti-west nor anti-America - however there's no perfect government anywhere on this planet, period!!

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 06, 2013
"If the Climate were a bank, the US would have already saved it" - Hugo Chavez!!

"Don't change the climate, change capitalism." -Hugo Chavez
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 06, 2013
@shymexx: To be fair, there are other Political parties in the U.S. But those 'lesser' parties are usually more successful at the State, County and City levels. The Wall Street bankers and multinational companies prefer supporting both Democrats and Republicans because these 2 parties would be easier to control, instead of, say, 5/6 parties. The U.S. federal electoral process almost completely shuts out any 'third' party.

1 Like

Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

So, you agree with a country locking up more than 30% of a particular section of its population?? A country where you can be arrested for DWB(driving while black)?? A country where so many innocent people are doing life in prison??

I'm not anti-west nor anti-America - however there's no perfect government anywhere on this planet, period!!

No, I don't agree with racism at all. I was just saying that, in general, rights/freedoms aren't absolute.
Re: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez Is Dead by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

For reason of national security man. Nobody wants to be hit at the same magnitude as 9/11 second time. The situation call for such action and the citizens have to understand. I don't think the government is doing that fun but done to based on compromise on the security and rights of the citizens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Israel Opposes Any F-35 Sale To UAE Despite Their Warming Ties / Kofi Annan Is Dead / Morocco: Boy Stuck In Well For Five Days Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.