Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church (42776 Views)

I Dont Like When The Pastors Tell The Church To Shake Pples Hand / Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? / Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
[b]I was visiting a redeem church here in Texas on a thanksgiving day.....it was time to pay tithe. in an effort to get people to pay their tithe, the pastor decided to tell a story of testimony about a group of armed robbery victims....He said a large group was traveling from Lagos to a certain location. While in transit, they encountered a road block and stopped. Then a large group of armed robbers jumped out from the bushes and ran towards the bus shouting and shooting in the air. They then entered the bus and told everybody to get out of the bus and line up beside the bus. According to him, the armed robbers then asked the bus passengers"if you pay your tithe move to the left, if you dont pay tithe stay where you are." He said most people moved to the left but a handful stayed. Then the armed robbers looked at the people that did not moved to the left and told them"you that dont pay your tithe you are robbing God so we are going to rob you, but you that pay your tithe you are free to go." The armed robbers then robbed the none tithe paying group and ran back into the woods without taking anything from the tithe payers....

When i heard the story i was a little perplexed....how can armed robbers who took months in planing and gathering weapons and man power....ambush a bus only to ask them if they pay tithe?
What if everybody would have moved to the left what would have happened? they would just thank them and tell them sorry for the delay and leave?

anyways...has anyone heard the story or similar one before?[/b]

30 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by muaa(f): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Na sunday sch? grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by nikkyshyne(f): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
shocked cheesy

That pastor must be a learner!

13 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by lecturerdabo(m): 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our ways.

53 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by mumumugu(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
It isnt funny.its a big lie

10 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by rezzy: 10:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
I believe well well. I know the pastor didnt just frame that story up. Last year, when robbers came to a building close to mine, they were asking for tithe money. They said, pay your tithe, i know say una no they pay tithe for church. Like yesterday, i and a lady were discussing about tithing. She said about last three months, she just decide to start paying her tithe in round figure and last month, her boss made her salary a round figure.

14 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Tolexander: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
(1)Offering.
there was this sunday morning service when a visiting pastor from other assembly came to our church. He was to collect an offering for the developement of the head quarter church. That day, he started his sermon/appease to the church members when he talked about his experience about a man in his church that the holy spirit ministered to to give the whole #100,000 he just collected as salary. The man felt reluctant initially but later resigned to fate and laid the money down as offering. The visiting pastor said before he got home, the man got an alert on his phone that #1million has been sent to his account from an anonymous.
In my mind, i said ha pastor, na me you dey bobo!

(2)LIFE PARTNER.
Our church is a lill bit developing church not like winners, redeem and deeper life.
That day when the pastor was preaching, he told us that it is better to marry someone from your church than marrying from another denomination. He cited an example of a lady that marry a man that always change to a cat in the night. All his emphasis was centered on the ladies and mild on guys.
In my mind, i knew the pastor knows that if the ladies marry from another denomination, that is good bye to the lady. But a guy marrying from another denomination brings the bride to the church and through that the church will be growing and not reducing. Pastor and overcrowding sha!

(3) HEALING
Our pastor talked about a lady that was sick and the lady had faith in the pastor telling the pastor to come and pray for her. Our pastor got there and asked if she had taken any drug, the lady answered no. Our pastor prayed for her and told her to eat and she ate rice and vegetable. Pastor said within 4hours, she was already fine and alive without taking any drug at all except his prayer.
In my mind i said ha pastor! Is vegetable not a drug? Why didn't she got healed immediately you prayed for her if it was your prayer that actually healed her.

22 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Techwriter: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
So you don't know that some criminals go to church. Some evil people look for a channel to appease God for their evil. Some of them believe God should understand their actions were not intentional
Even in the Bible demons proclaimed that they knew Jesus and Paul.

mumumugu: It isnt funny.its a big lie
Your name says it all. You are what u answer

10 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
Wasnt it Adeboye who calimed that he drove for miles on an empty tank?

#Fake pastor stories

19 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
How am I sure, that som1 didn't jux cook up this story. Hmmmmmm.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by blackmale(m): 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
ive heard this story several times from all these naija commedians....i this d pastor is still a learner,he shud learn more from basket mouth..

2 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by georgeehis(m): 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Na wa oo. I pity d members
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by konami001: 10:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hahaha... that Pastor has not read Scam 101 at all....

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by clemmonce(m): 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03: Wasnt it Adeboye who calimed that he drove for miles on an empty tank?

#Fake pastor stories
being ignorant does not give you the right to act stupid and be disrespectful. can you talk to your dad like this? i bet you do.

16 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by ceejayluv(m): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
lecturerdabo: Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our ways.
I'm actually laughing my a$$ off at this post.....

6 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by donsax: 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
This churches and pastors image tanisher his here again....why can't you let pastors be for God sake? If you can't pay tithe, those who pay knows what they see in returns and don't complain...... You don't need to cook a story in other to tanish them...just come out straight and accuse them atleast nairaland is a free place to post accuse anyone even our president.

7 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by seechris(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
atleast he didnt threaten that your child will be run over by a vehicle if you dont pay your tithe...i mean why result to threats

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by immkels(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lmao. I Refuse to Comment
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
I have heard Pastors who told us a man came to revival 5ft 9 tall and he left 6ft 2

I have heard a pastor wanting to drink tea closed his eyes to pray and his tea became half full after opening his eyes when he wondered God told me "Didnt you invite me to come and join you"

Also Pastor who drove on empty tank for 300miles

Also a pastor who healed someone blind from birth as evidence they asked him what colour was this and he said BLUE. Question How can someone blind know Blue colour?

Moral: Don't be a learner

42 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by mysticgal(f): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
op why say stupid things,i believe you have your own opinion,why not keep it to urself than spew it out.#dumb#u irritating

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by omaigala(m): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Show a born again & I'll show you complete hypocrite. Mtcheeewww... Capitalizing on people's fear to milk them dry.

9 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
All na runz grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by 7842I: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
They are not armed robbers, must be special task force of church members trying to enforce tithe paying

17 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by flow1759: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Only for naija.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
clemmonce: being ignorant does not give you the right to act stupid and be disrespectful. can you talk to your dad like this? i bet you do.

What? Are you angry that you and your pastor's tithe fraud schemes are ridiculed?

grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
LMFAOO!!! anybody who swallows that pastor's story hook, line and sinker is a complete möron. I mean, how can a pastor even portray armed robbers in some sort of positive light all in the name of tithes? mschew!!

Do they think we are all learners? undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by lecturerdabo(m): 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
I'm proud I pay my tithe! never begged bread from those who do not pay so why are they crying on my behalf?

12 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
mysticgal: op why say stupid things,i believe you have your own opinion,why not keep it to urself than spew it out.#dumb#u irritating
is everything ok with you? dont get mad at me...im just asking a question

6 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
In as much as some pastors may say series of stories to make u pay ur tithe aint sufficient for us to judge them. Let God b the judge

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by phreakabit(m): 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
[b]I was visiting a redeem church here in Texas on a thanksgiving day.....it was time to pay tithe. in an effort to get people to pay their tithe, the pastor decided to tell a story of testimony about a group of armed robbery victims....He said a large group was traveling from Lagos to a certain location. While in transit, they encountered a road block and stopped. Then a large group of armed robbers jumped out from the bushes and ran towards the bus shouting and shooting in the air. They then entered the bus and told everybody to get out of the bus and line up beside the bus. According to him, the armed robbers then asked the bus passengers"if you pay your tithe move to the left, if you dont pay tithe stay where you are." He said most people moved to the left but a handful stayed. Then the armed robbers looked at the people that did not moved to the left and told them"you that dont pay your tithe you are robbing God so we are going to rob you, but you that pay your tithe you are free to go." The armed robbers then robbed the none tithe paying group and ran back into the woods without taking anything from the tithe payers....

When i heard the story i was a little perplexed....how can armed robbers who took months in planing and gathering weapons and man power....ambush a bus only to ask them if they pay tithe?
What if everybody would have moved to the left what would have happened? they would just thank them and tell them sorry for the delay and leave?

anyways...has anyone heard the story or similar one before?[/b]

This is obviously a lie. . . . . The smart ones will see right through it. Next time try to make your lies seem a little bit realer, and not so comical. Honestly, no sane, right thinking [size=18pt] ADULT[/size], emphasis on adult, could cite such example. . . . Not because of the moral implications, but because it is utterly stup*d and highly unbelievable.

7 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by playahP(m): 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
A girl got bitten by a cat in her dream and she died instantly!!....... I seriously wondered... Who did the girl tell?.... Pastors though!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / "Dead Pastor, Anderson Chinenye, Back To Life At The Mortuary" - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.