Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church (42789 Views)

I Dont Like When The Pastors Tell The Church To Shake Pples Hand / Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? / Lies Pentecostal Pastors Tell Direct From The Pulpit. END TIME PREACHERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Oludrex(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
phreakabit:

This is obviously a lie. . . . . The smart ones will see right through it. Next time try to make your lies seem a little bit realer, and not so comical. Honestly, no sane, right thinking [size=18pt] ADULT[/size], emphasis on adult, could cite such example. . . . Not because of the moral implications, but because it is utterly stup*d and highly unbelievable.

I once heard the story in one C.A.C like that
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by christophem1(m): 11:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
LOOKING UNTO JESUS, THE AUTHOR AND THE FINISHER OF OUR FAITH! Pastor or No Pastor... no body go stand on your behalf before God on the day of judgement so bros, use the Holy spirit to test all doctrines and MOGs....And as for many people wey dey commonize Miracles, una won tell me say BIBLE dey Lie?.. abi no be inside there na eim two fishes turn to plentiiie? abi no be there na eim one widow bottle of oil and one cup of flour turn plentiiee.../ ABEG MAKE UNA USE UNA BRAIN THINK!
the author of this thread na different thing eim dey talk but some pple just misplace the real topic....

3 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Kaxmytex(m): 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
#speechless
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Op, lol. That pastor is a spiritualist.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by phreakabit(m): 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

That is a lie.

Many pro-christian threads reach the front page. Adeboye's sermon, TB Joshua etc.

Unfortuantely, the most irrelevant islamic threads make front page.
]

I got banned from the Islamic section, until 2035 for a simple joke. . . . Yet here we are making "baseless", maybe false claims about Pastors and their sermons/stories. . . . Honestly, I don't feel hurt at all. . . . But don't the actions of the Mods reek of double standards?

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
I'll only say one thing only. "what did Jesus say about tithing" google it. for the sake of those that wish to knw...tithe is mean for the Pharisees and its becos those priest then don't have a job.so u give a percentage of ur farm produce and all. When Jesus came...it was stopped. Why do u think he was hated and killed.? Cos he came to refute all the lies told ant God n church. jESUS encourages giving..not force. Freely u r giving bro..give freely. Just google it n read ur self. You shall knw d truth and the truth shall set u free

6 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by MissOpe(f): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

When did pastors become holy figures that one can commit blasphemy against them?

Do you worship God or your MOG?

Brainwashed sheep.

Adebayo is man like me not a god

When miriam blasphemed again......st Moses she became a leper for a short while.. Be careful wat u wish for.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by LausDeo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
lecturerdabo: Yes I ve heard that story and also believe it is possible cos God works in mysterious ways that is why His ways are not our ways.
You are a learner
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Vansnickers: 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
Imanuelle: An olodo but prayerful student went in for an exam,
He couldn't answer any question and didn't want to copy.
During the marking, the lecturer kept putting ? (Question marks)
The recorder counted each as 7 instead of nil.
At d end, d guy got an A. 77

I've heard this before.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by zenatta: 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Post
Yes they tell stories, albeit, funny. I heard this one told by a Pastor. He said, on a sweltering afternoon, you enter the coolness of your room, open the refrigerator to drink cold water but what is sitting in the fridge is a bottle of acid. Do you drink the acid cos you are so thirsty?
This story was a LWKMD, first grade, hot from the grid and it helped in reforming me because you see, as the Pastor continued his story, he revealed the bottle of acid could be likened to SIN.

More stories told by Pastors and Priests please.
Thanks for posting this Pastor's 'story', it has reformative powers.

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by radiation(m): 11:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Those who mock miracles end up needing one...

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by wedeonline(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Keep saying it in ur mind nd God ll keep blessing ppl nd u ll jes b a spectator in d chuch... A spectator to ppls blessings nd u ll blame ppl from ur village as d cause of ur problemss..... Smh
Tolexander: (1)Offering.
(2)LIFE PARTNER.
In my mind, i knew the pastor knows that if the ladies marry from another denomination, that is good bye to the lady. But a guy marrying from another denomination brings the bride to the church and through that the church will be growing and not reducing. Pastor and overcrowding sha!

(3) HEALING
Our pastor talked about a lady that was sick and the lady had faith in the pastor telling the pastor to come and pray for her. Our pastor got their and asked if she had taken any drug, the lady answered no. Our pastor prayed for her and told her to eat and she ate rice and vegetable. Pastor said within 4hours, she was already fine and alive without taking any drug at all except his prayer.
In my mind i said ha pastor! Is vegetable not a drug? Why didn't she got healed immediately you prayed for her if it was your prayer that actually healed her.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
radiation: Those who mock miracles end up needing one...
Lol ok..
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by uche13: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hmm. For the atheists, that's another matter. But for the christians, which of the stories here make "logical" sense.

1. A man has leprosy and is told to go deep himself in the River of Jordan. At the 7th deep, he becomes whole. Hmm!

2. A widow who has only a meal left for her and her son to eat gives it upon persuasion to a prop :ohet. He asks her to get containers and pour oil and the oil increases till the last container is filled. Hmm!

3. A man uses his rod to divide the red sea and it parts. Wash!

4. Two fish and five loaves of bread used to feed 5000 people and remains 12 baskets. Na wa

5. Water is turned into wine. Sorry, dirty water!

6. A man in the grave for three days called lazarus rises upon his name being called.

7. A virgin gives birth to a child.

I can go on and on but picture urself living in the bible days and hearing such stories. Would u believe? None of the stories in the bible makes "sense" but the foolishness of God is better than the wiseness of men.

Though christians have abused christianity, miracles still exist.

And remember, if it can be explained logically by science, then its probably not a testimony or miracle.

9 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
schorlbone: how does this relate to the topic And how does it reduce the prize of GARRI

Pls read thread title. M0r.on!
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by InvertedHammer: 11:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
OH MERCIFUL GOD, see what people are doing with your name.

Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

See FORMAT!
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Holuwaphemmy101: 11:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
For those of you who are self apponted judge over pastors, who know and see into the remotest secrete of the heart of all pastors perhaps you would do yourselves a favour by considering this piece of advice by our Lord Jesus in Matt 7: 3-5, why do you worry about the specks in another man's eyes when you have a thick log in yours you hypocrites!
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by juman(m): 11:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
It was IBB bad governance that pushed the nigerian people into the hands of religious people.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by JMystique(m): 12:17am On Mar 07, 2013
I've noticed nairaland 'atheists' who make it point of duty to troll christian threads jst to remind us about their enlightenment with overused lines like,'am an atheist','God is a fake idea',religion is the opium of the'...i no even sabi sef.I mean being d enlightened ones who have seen the light,why don't u jst allow us wallow in our foolishness.We choose to be mumus 4 our religions y e dey pain u?U hate pastors,hate churches,hate God,and never miss an oportunity to remind us.E don do,ur an atheist clap 4 urself,u try,we don hear,tnx.@ topic please if u don't want to pay tithes jst shut up and kip ur money and stay home,haba.Nobody is pointing gun @ anybody to pay stop taking panadol 4 our headache.Tithes is an xtian obligation,the fact that nigerian fake pastors everywhere have turned it to smtn else won't stop dt fact.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Oludrex(m): 12:31am On Mar 07, 2013
lecturerdabo: I'm proud I pay my tithe![/b] never begged bread from those who do not pay so why are they crying on my behalf?
BECAUSE U ARE A LEARNER AND YOU KNOW NOT WHAT U R DOING
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by markingday(m): 12:34am On Mar 07, 2013
J-Mystique:
I've noticed nairaland 'atheists' who make it point of duty to troll christian threads jst to remind us about their enlightenment with overused lines like,'am an atheist','God is a fake idea',religion is the opium of the'...i no even sabi sef.I mean being d enlightened ones who have seen the light,why don't u jst allow us wallow in our foolishness.We choose to be mumus 4 our religions y e dey pain u?U hate pastors,hate churches,hate God,and never miss an oportunity to remind us.E don do,ur an atheist clap 4 urself,u try,we don hear,tnx.

I've noticed nairaland 'Christians' who make it point of duty to troll religious threads jst to remind us about their enlightenment with overused lines like,'am a christian','God loves you',accept Jesus or go to hell'...i no even sabi sef.I mean being d enlightened ones who have seen the light,why don't u jst allow us wallow in our foolishness.We choose to be mumus 4 our beliefs y e dey pain u?U hate science,hate atheists,hate non-Christians,and never miss an oportunity to remind us.E don do,ur a Christian clap 4 urself,u try,we don hear,tnx.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:34am On Mar 07, 2013
no
J-Mystique:
I've noticed nairaland 'atheists' who make it point of duty to troll christian threads jst to remind us about their enlightenment with overused lines like,'am an atheist','God is a fake idea',religion is the opium of the'...i no even sabi sef.I mean being d enlightened ones who have seen the light,why don't u jst allow us wallow in our foolishness.We choose to be mumus 4 our religions y e dey pain u?U hate pastors,hate churches,hate God,and never miss an oportunity to remind us.E don do,ur an atheist clap 4 urself,u try,we don hear,tnx.@ topic please if u don't want to pay tithes jst shut up and kip ur money and stay home,haba.Nobody is pointing gun @ anybody to pay stop taking panadol 4 our headache.Tithes is an xtian obligation,the fact that nigerian fake pastors everywhere have turned it to smtn else won't stop dt fact.

sorry we cannot let you wallow in your foolishness. There are Pagans and atheists in Nigeria too and we cannot let your foolishness hold the progress of our Nation back.

1 Like

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 07, 2013
schorlbone: how does this relate to the topic And how does it reduce the prize of GARRI

There is a prize? undecided
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 07, 2013
InvertedHammer:
OH MERCIFUL GOD, see what people are doing with your name.

Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

See FORMAT!

Do not panic, nothing to worry about , it's all in prophecy.

"while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived." - 2 Timothy 3:13

GOD is not moved by these mere flesh and blood who are here today and gone tomorrow.

Rather , our focus should be on getting our house in order so that the power of the Spirit can be present once more and multitudes be saved.

Enjoy this song to relax. GOD is in charge grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ15YJNsGIM
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Tolexander: 1:14am On Mar 07, 2013
wedeonline: Keep saying it in ur mind nd God ll keep blessing ppl nd u ll jes b a spectator in d chuch... A spectator to ppls blessings nd u ll blame ppl from ur village as d cause of ur problemss..... Smh
and who told you God hasn't been blessing me? Sheep.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14am On Mar 07, 2013
frosbel:

Do not panic, nothing to worry about , it's all in prophecy.

"while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived." - 2 Timothy 3:13

GOD is not moved by these mere flesh and blood who are here today and gone tomorrow.

Rather , our focus should be on getting our house in order so that the power of the Spirit can be present once more and multitudes be saved.

Enjoy this song to relax. GOD is in charge grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ15YJNsGIM

house in order it was NEVER in order. SINCE DAY 1 .
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Shankboye(m): 1:24am On Mar 07, 2013
When una wan know say all dis things are lies ... Can't blv my people are been scam with dis cheap madeup story..PASTORS pls let my people go!
Techwriter: So you don't know that some criminals go to church. Some evil people look for a channel to appease God for their evil. Some of them believe God should understand their actions were not intentional
Even in the Bible demons proclaimed that they knew Jesus and Paul.

Your name says it all. You are what u answer

Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Shankboye(m): 1:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Shatap make we hear word..mumu like u, sometimes u don't need a gun before rob person. Lies like dis can do more damage dan pointing a gun.. Wetin b d meaning of 419, yahoo yahoo? Answer me... Mumu
J-Mystique:
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by Shankboye(m): 1:40am On Mar 07, 2013
U no get sense atall bros.. No be wetin adeboye talk d guy write? Which one come ur own, adeboye na ur papa? Some people even respect pastors pass dem parents self..smh.serve ur God, not MOG..wats d probability that GOD does not love u more dan ur pastor..una don put all una life ontop one man.. Wake up bro
clemmonce: being ignorant does not give you the right to act stupid and be disrespectful. can you talk to your dad like this? i bet you do.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by great063(m): 2:04am On Mar 07, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
[b]I was visiting a redeem church here in Texas on a thanksgiving day.....it was time to pay tithe. in an effort to get people to pay their tithe, the pastor decided to tell a story of testimony about a group of armed robbery victims....He said a large group was traveling from Lagos to a certain location. While in transit, they encountered a road block and stopped. Then a large group of armed robbers jumped out from the bushes and ran towards the bus shouting and shooting in the air. They then entered the bus and told everybody to get out of the bus and line up beside the bus. According to him, the armed robbers then asked the bus passengers"if you pay your tithe move to the left, if you dont pay tithe stay where you are." He said most people moved to the left but a handful stayed. Then the armed robbers looked at the people that did not moved to the left and told them"you that dont pay your tithe you are robbing God so we are going to rob you, but you that pay your tithe you are free to go." The armed robbers then robbed the none tithe paying group and ran back into the woods without taking anything from the tithe payers....

When i heard the story i was a little perplexed....how can armed robbers who took months in planing and gathering weapons and man power....ambush a bus only to ask them if they pay tithe?
What if everybody would have moved to the left what would have happened? they would just thank them and tell them sorry for the delay and leave?

anyways...has anyone heard the story or similar one before?[/b]
Yea,pretty old tale.
Re: Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church by livin: 2:09am On Mar 07, 2013
uche13: Hmm. For the atheists, that's another matter. But for the christians, which of the stories here make "logical" sense.

1. A man has leprosy and is told to go deep himself in the River of Jordan. At the 7th deep, he becomes whole. Hmm!

2. A widow who has only a meal left for her and her son to eat gives it upon persuasion to a prop :ohet. He asks her to get containers and pour oil and the oil increases till the last container is filled. Hmm!

3. A man uses his rod to divide the red sea and it parts. Wash!

4. Two fish and five loaves of bread used to feed 5000 people and remains 12 baskets. Na wa

5. Water is turned into wine. Sorry, dirty water!

6. A man in the grave for three days called lazarus rises upon his name being called.

7. A virgin gives birth to a child.

I can go on and on but picture urself living in the bible days and hearing such stories. Would u believe? None of the stories in the bible makes "sense" but the foolishness of God is better than the wiseness of men.

Though christians have abused christianity, miracles still exist.

And remember, if it can be explained logically by science, then its probably not a testimony or miracle.

i think the problem is that these miracles are not based on any the receivers tithes or offerings as opposed to what u hear these days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Entire Family / "Dead Pastor, Anderson Chinenye, Back To Life At The Mortuary" - Facebook User / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.