Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549794 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
pillzthadrugz: Flow u say u no get t.p....... nahim be say u go see ur period bdat..... wit dat madt conductor.
Ehen flow wsup wit da bitches ova bitches video clip u send to tupac's fone..... wot did u guys make out of it this time around........FLOW U GET MOUTH DIE......i dey hear from u sha!......

when we reach there, you go know wetin happen to the Video.

In the next update you would know what happened to the Video. If to say i tell you about the Video for this last update, you for no appreciate am.

Simply put, i want to relate the video to something.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by swaggerkid(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
When We Reach There You Go Know

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by pillzthadrugz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
flow1759:

when we reach there, you go know wetin happen to the Video.

In the next update you would know what happened to the Video. If to say i tell you about the Video for this last update, you for no appreciate am.

Simply put, i want to relate the video to something.
......shebi?.....i beliv u cos u neva cease to amaze muah(lol)
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Madawaki01(m): 5:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Flow,we dey await ur own story on "legend of d fvckers" oo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by jojoluv: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
i beg una don see flow1759 today?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by johnwizey: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
jojoluv: i beg una don see flow1759 today?
i saw him nd man @ madam ifeoma's place
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by tosingcfr(m): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
Just lik Drake''started from the bottom ,now I'm here'' catching up. Verily verily I say unto u, I dey gbadun dis story. Mr. Flow Udemme keep flowing lik Otamiri river
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
Lolz
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by everrichy(m): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Tip toes to Old soldier's house and peeps in to see Flow on top of Mama Ifeoma*
What!!

*Drags him and pull him up from her*.

"Oya come and post before we ban you from seeing mama Ifeoma"
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 11:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
"Brainbox you save me oh, u know say i no get money for transport, nawa oh, and those girls for laugh me well well oh" I said to Brainbox as we alighted from the bus.

I had forgoten my shirt was torn. Torn to the extent that i thought i wore a sleeveless when i actually wore a long sleeve shirt.

"Tupac where you dey go wey you dey waka fast fast like this" I saw Tupac walking towards us. "i dey go South Africa" he answered.

"you wan jay comot for Naija? Why na? You don tayah for Naija?" I said.

It had escaped my memory that there was a place called South Africa in Nekede.

"guy Nigeria go better oh, why you wan comot for Naija?" I said the r'ubbishest statement in the world.

Or rather the most r'ubbishest.

Don't try checking the word "rubbishest" in the dictionary, you would be causing yourself a heartache if you do so. Rubbishest is the superlative of R'ubbish. That is; R'ubbish, Rubbisher, Rubbishest.

"yes i wan travel go South Africa wey dey your village" Tupac said.

"you be Mumu, you no know say South Africa dey for Nekede abi, with this your Big head" Brainbox slapped my Ogor.

"guy them no born you well make you slap my ogor again" I threatened.

Ogor isn't a short form for the Ibo name Ogochukwu, it is what the mountainious curve at the back of the head of all H'omo Sapiens is called.

Some humans have a Mountain Kilimangero as their Ogor, others have Atlas Mountain as theirs, while some others have Quatara depression as theirs.

When i say Quatara depression, i mean those with Flat Ogor, the kind of SIM card Ogor, the kind of Drawing board Ogor, the kind of Bicycle seat Ogor.

Legend has it that the brilliant ones are those with Long Ogor.

If that be the case, then my Cousin Ik should be the most brilliant H'omo Sapien God created.

Ik's Ogor could cause traffic congestion. Sometimes i wondered how his mighty head came out of his Mother's womb. By surgical Operation or by Bomb explosion, or both.

Ik's Ogor could tear a Face cap and destroy a Hat. I am Sometimes ashamed of walking with him, but he is proud of his Ogor come Sunshine come Rainfall.

"no ever slap my Ogor again oh" I warned.

"i no go slap your Ogor again, but next time make you use your brain think well well, you don forget say South Africa dey for dis Nekede?" Brainbox said.

With the bag Tupac carried, i thought he was leaving Nigeria for greener pastures in South Africa. Were it to be so, i would had been happy for him. I had no choice but to be happy for him, even if i was sure i had not stepped my foot in a foreign land since i was born.

Sorry, I had been in a foreign land once. In my dream.

The Country i travelled to on a vacation was Spain. Madrid to be precise. But the dream wasn't complete because when i was about having s'ex with a Spanish beauty queen, my phone woke me. I almost smashed the Phone on the floor, but when i saw that the person calling was my Dad, my frown changed to Smile because i knew money was already smiling in my bank account.

That was back then in school, one hot afternoon, i will never forget that dream.

"wetin you wan go do for South Africa?" Brainbox asked.

"i wan go gamble" Tupac replied.

"that Video wey dey your phone, you don watch am?" I asked Tupac, as i took him to a corner, far from the reach of Brainbox's "Antenna ears".

"i don watch am, una be bad boys oh, how una take Video Kate and Mama Ejima dey do that thing na?" Tupac said.

"guy i wan go gamble, and i no get money, e be like say i go use my phone gamble oh" he added.

"i go give you my memory card, so incase them chop my phone for gamble, the video no go just go" he further said, as he handed his tiny memory card to me.

"no wahala, but i wan ask you one question oh" I said. "wetin be the question" Tupac asked.

"anybody follow you watch the video?" I asked.

"nobody oh" he answered.

"what of Bigie? Him don watch the Video?" I asked.

"after we clear grass finish that day, Bigie comot for house, na this morning him come back oh" Tupac said.

"i no wan show am the Video sef, because i know say him get big mouth" He added.

True talk, Bigie's mouth was as big as his size. He could go to Kate and demand money from her in exchange for the Video, and that would me disaster, real disaster.

"but guy make you and Man give Kate the Video na, that girl bad oh" Tupac warned.

"i go put the memory card for my phone com delete the video" I assured. I wasn't sure i would do such a thing without reasoning with Man wey dey reason.

"delete am oh, because Kate na green snake oh" Tupac said as he walked away.

If she was a green snake, then my friend Man the tamer would tame her. Or so i tot.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by pillzthadrugz(m): 12:45am On Jun 03, 2013
Flow na man u bi.........abeg kip em comin.........U GET MOUTH JOOR!

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nduking92(m): 6:04am On Jun 03, 2013
keep flowing mr flowey
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by valboy20(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2013
nice one flow.

we awaits ya update at the legend of the fvvckkers

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 9:33am On Jun 03, 2013
Am abt 2 change anoda rib
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 11:05am On Jun 03, 2013
"when we go continue our kponkpon work na, those welders never finish their work?" Brainbox asked the next morning as we sat at Big boys cutz.

"i don call Madam Ifeoma, she say make we give the welders one week say them get plenty work to do" Man informed.

"if them like make them use one year do the work, i no wan work that r'ubbish work again sef" I said.

"Flow you know say you dey talk nonesense? Work wey dey feed you nahim you dey call r'ubbish work ba?" Man said.

Yes, Kponkpon could be referred to as the fingers that fed me, but the money i was getting from the Jewelleries marketing business was enough for me. Or so i tot.

Soon, we started arguing football at the top of our voices.

All of a sudden, Tupac came out of the compound with a Lady. Albeit the Lady was beautiful, her minus was that she was short. Very very short.

"Tupac you don change cloth again" Brainbox said. And we laughed out loud.

"why una dey laugh na? Una no like my cloth? E no fine?" Tupac asked what made us laughed the more.

"e fine, but e too short for you" I said, putting the laughter at top gear.

Tupac couldn't comprehend what "cloth" meant, so he continued staring at the yellow T-shirt he wore. But it seemed the Lady with him knew that we were referring to her, as her formerly smiling face suddenly went pale.

If Ladies were clothes, then Tupac had a loaded wardrobe. He had them in Varieties, from Suits to Tuxedos to T-shirts to Jeans to even Okrika clothes.

He had more Okrika clothes than Tuxedos. Maybe it was because Okrika clothes were cheaper and easier to maintain, little wonder he had a bale of Okrika clothes in his wardrobe of Ladies.

If you don't know what "Okrika" is, then you are not a Nigerian. And if you have not worn an Okrika before, it means you are the Son or the Daughter of either Aliko Dangote or Mike Adenuga.

For people like us, we grew up with the Knowledge that Okrika was affiliated to Tm lewis and Kalvin kleen. And that Emperor Armani was the same as Emperor Nnamani of Aba.

"how this my T-shirt take short? You dey see well so?" Tupac said, as he walked passed us.

Our laughter annoyed the short Lady that had it been she was with a gun she would had shot us all dead.

What made us laughed the more was viewing both of them from behind, it was a funny sight to behold. The Lady's height couldn't exceed Tupac's stomach. But for the high heel she wore, her height would had been approximately Tupac's waist.

"Tupac no dey shame to waka with this short girl?" I said. "how him go shame to waka with person wey dey give am Kpormor chop" Man said.

Talking of guys ashamed of their Ladies, i will never forget my Uncle's girlfriend. Saying she was too tall is an understatement, she was taller than some trees. I am not exaggerating here. She was damn too tall.

She loved my Uncle so much, but my Uncle never reciprocated her Love.

For the short time my Uncle stayed with us in the barracks, i saw that height wasn't a barrier where there is Love. She was practically forcing herself on my Uncle.

Her visiting wasn't a problem at all, when she wanted leaving was the War. Who would see her off to the bus stop was the Big problem.

My Uncle always pleaded with me to see her off. He always gave me a bribe of as huge an amount as 200naira(it was a huge amount then) just to see her off for not up to 200metres from our house.

I was 18 then, and taller than most of my friends.

But whenever i saw her off, i always cried within me at how short i was, my height wasn't even up to her h'ips.

Any of my friend that saw me seeing her off couldn't just laugh, but would go the extra length of informing others. They even concluded i was dating her.

That never deterred me from seeing her off and recieving my 200naira bribe.

She always felt bad seeing people laughing at her because of her height.

Her name was Bola. It would had been better for her had her parents named her Tola instead of Bola.

Sometimes i wondered how My Uncle went through the Herculean task of having s'ex with her, it would be like having s'ex with a Coconut tree.

And i sometimes picture them marrying, what kind of kids would they had given birth to? because my Uncle was also a bit tall. Maybe their first child would had been a Sky scraper, and their second child would had been an Iroko tree.

We had not stopped laughing when a Nissan Amanda Jeep drove in.

Two persons came out of the Jeep.

The person that came out from the driver's seat was Opopo, and the other person was Tega.

Opopo was looking so Opopolicious, and Tega was looking so Tegalistic.

They were expensively dressed.

"see as my guys baf up eeeeh" I said with my mouth ajar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Eneze1(f): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2013
kudos to u flow, keep flowing, may ur memory never be cut short
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by texanomaly(f): 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
I pity the girls you laugh at. sad But I can't help laughing. cheesy Shame on me. You are too much Flow. I smile before I start to read because I know you will entertain me. Flow is the man!!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by plainmirror(m): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
*Singing phyno- obago*
Okereke okereke
My guys no abakeleke
N'ekperem ekpere
Sika m fepu ka chekeleke
Si mu kuwa k'elekera
Na ezem k'ekelebe
Ebughim otu mana m ga n'egbu ha ka ebelebe
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Madawaki01(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
plainmirror: *Singing phyno- obago*
Okereke okereke
My guys no abakeleke
N'ekperem ekpere
Sika m fepu ka chekeleke
Si mu kuwa k'elekera
Na ezem k'ekelebe
Ebughim otu mana m ga n'egbu ha ka ebelebe
and the meaning of those incantantions is?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nduking92(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
flow we de reason.jonzin ìs allowed but u no de jonz my man or so i tot.keep flowing
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2013
Flow u say u tall, but how come na for Hips you dey reach the girl na? I knw say u must reach 6ft +, so if na hips u dey reach ur uncle girlfrnd, den definatly she go dey lyk 11 or 12ft +, or more dan. Then thats is Exaggeration

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Rapmaestro(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wizee: Flow u say u tall, but how come na for Hips you dey reach the girl na? I knw say u must reach 6ft +, so if na hips u dey reach ur uncle girlfrnd, den definatly she go dey lyk 11 or 12ft +, or more dan. Then thats is Exaggeration
GBAM .. U should undastand na
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Wizee: Flow u say u tall, but how come na for Hips you dey reach the girl na? I knw say u must reach 6ft +, so if na hips u dey reach ur uncle girlfrnd, den definatly she go dey lyk 11 or 12ft +, or more dan. Then thats is Exaggeration

I was 18 then, do you know how many years ago that was?

Well, am presently 6ft2.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,
I appreciate you all that read my story so far, and those that are yet to read it. I promise you guys more rib cracking updates ahead. But, too sad to say that the story would end in this month of June, my birthday to be precise.
Pls don't ask me when my birthday is because my answer would be "when we reach there you go know". Nevertheless, my birthday is not in a weeks time, neither is it in two weeks time, as it draw nearer, i would let you guys know.
Yours Flowing,
Flow.

PS: My birthday wish is for this story to make frontpage. Ogas at the top take note.

STILL I FLOW.

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Melancholy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Flow, you can never stop flowing,i guess it eternal.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Flow i don endorse this storey to Anty cuddlemi bt e be lyk she no dey see am. Well i go still dey endorse maybe she go change mind and make all the readers wey enjoy these lovly work make we join hand put am for FP.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
"Tega na you be this? See Tega oh" Man said as we shook hands with them.

"na me na, levels don change oh" Tega said smiling.

"guy which person car una borrow?" Brainbox asked.

"na my car be this" Opopo said, smiling.

"na lie" I said.

"guy my Maga don pay wella, you never see anything sef" Opopo said.

"guy talk true na, for where una thief this car?" Bigie said. "you think say na everybody be thief like you, na Opopo get this car" Tega said.

It dawned on me at that moment that they were serious, the car was actually Opopo's.

Was it the same Opopo i chewed his vomit about two weeks ago? Did he rob a bank? Were the questions i asked myself.

"guys, make una touch my body, no be my spirit stand for una front oh" Opopo beckoned that we touched him to confirm he was flesh and blood and not ghost.

Nobody touched him but Flow. I touched him to confirm that he wasn't a ghost.

"guy how you take buy this fine Jeep na, abi you do blood money?" Brainbox who was walking round the Jeep and admiring it said.

"na your papa do blood money" Opopo cursed.

He was denying the fact that he had soiled his hands. I was becoming scared of him, because i was thinking he had used someone's head or someone's p'enis for money rituals.

Talking of what people do for money, i will never forget Emma best, the guy in my room-mate's department back then in school.

The guy was from a poor family, but when we got to second year, he suddenly became rich. Very rich that he bought a Honda "End of discussion" car. His friends even nicknamed him "Karishim magana" which was the Hausa interpretation of "End of discussion"

How he suddenly became rich is still unknown to me even up to this moment. What is known to me is how he used people's destiny for money rituals.

He would take like 5guys to drink, intentionally leaving without his car. And after they had drank to stupor, he would pay for the drinks.

Him paying for the drinks wasn't the main issue. The main issue was that he would empty his wallet and asked one of the 5guys to give him transport fare of maybe 50naira.

The person that would offer him the 50naira was offering him his destiny. You wouldn't blame that person, would you? If someone bought you 6bottles of beer and asked you for just 50naira to transport himself back home, wouldn't you gladly give that person the money? Am asking you my readers, wouldn't you give that person the money?

According to people that had gone drinking with him, he would call one of them aside and said; "guy i don spend all the money wey i bring come for them the drink wey we drink, abeg give me 50naira make i use enter bike go house".

Verily verily i say unto you, that 50naira would end up in his babalawo shrine, and his babalawo would multiply the 50naira to 500,000naira.

Maybe the rest 499,950naira was the riches the person that offered him the 50naira would had recieved in the nearest future. Or maybe not.

Emma best was so "best" with his tricks that he had never told one person to offer him "the 50naira" twice.

One thing about the devil is that; he never gives permanent riches. When we got to final year, Emma best became so poor that people started calling him "Emma worst".

When the discussion ended for "Karishim magana" himself was when he was caught with C..ocaine. He never graduated.

Nkàn bé!!! like the Yorubas would say. Strange things are really happening in this strange world.

Since then till this moment, whenever i go drinking with a stupendously rich dude, i go empty, without even transport fare.

If you like call me "fear-fear" na you sabi. Am simply applying caution. I don't want to sell my riches of tomorrow for just 2bottles of beer.

Note of warning to guys that love free drinks; like the Bible says, the devil is a king of deception. He knows that when one is drunk his brain is fast asleep, nahim make him go use that opportunity use your brain drink garri.

A drinking table had led so many to kissing the sky, a drinking table had also led so many to actualizing their dreams.

"guys me sef go soon buy my own car, make una give me 1month, just 1month" Tega announced.

"make una go wear cloth make we go drink for town, make i wash the car for una na" Opopo said.

As Opopo drove us to a drinking bar along Tetlow road Owerri, i promised myself i would drink just one bottle, and then one for the road, and then one more for the road.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
Flow, am totaly crazy, dats wot dy kip telling me
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by danjkad: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ N̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴͡ carry money G̶̲̥̅̊☹ Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
B4 e G̶̲̥̅̊☹ collect all Ūя destiny finish.
LMAOOO
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by swaggerkid(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hhehehe.update more ooh
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by MsPweshy(f): 11:56pm On Jun 03, 2013
flow1759: Dear Nairalanders,
I appreciate you all that read my story so far, and those that are yet to read it. I promise you guys more rib cracking updates ahead. But, too sad to say that the story would end in this month of June, my birthday to be precise.
Pls don't ask me when my birthday is because my answer would be "when we reach there you go know". Nevertheless, my birthday is not in a weeks time, neither is it in two weeks time, as it draw nearer, i would let you guys know.
Yours Flowing,
Flow.

PS: My birthday wish is for this story to make frontpage. Ogas at the top take note.

STILL I FLOW.

hapi b.day in advance swthrt•••
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Cuddlemii: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2013
Wizee: Flow i don endorse this storey to Anty cuddlemi bt e be lyk she no dey see am. Well i go still dey endorse maybe she go change mind and make all the readers wey enjoy these lovly work make we join hand put am for FP.

Uncle Wizee, no vex!
Please, contact the moderator in regards to this.
Use the complaints thread--->https://www.nairaland.com/983531/literature-writing-complaints-thread/11
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.