Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Man Wey Dey Reason - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Man Wey Dey Reason (549418 Views)

As E Dey Happen (pidgin Tory Wey Sweet Wella) / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Ibo Boy Wey Like Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Meritbaba(m): 7:19am On Mar 08, 2013
This Story too much, more ink to your pen
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:19am On Mar 08, 2013
"Everybody, how was ur night?" Pkc asked the next morning, "mine was disastrious" i said out of my mind's mouth.

"its time for morning devotion, Flow would lead us in praise and worship while Man would lead us in prayers" Pkc said, "why me na, i no get voice oh, the mess wey Baba jay give me chop last nite don make my voice dry oh" i almost said.

"worthy, u are worthy, king of kings lord of lords, u are worthy" i began. I sang one song for 5minutes before i could think of another song. I totally forgot songs, my brain went blank.

Now it was time for prayers. Funniest prayer ever.

"Baba God, how far, how heaven today" Man began, "thank u for the match wey Chelsea win yesterday, Baba God i say make i ask u oh, shey u be Chelsea fan?" he continued, "Baba, i thank u say me and my guys dey alive to see today, Baba give me strength as i dey go mix rice and beans today, in Jesus name" he concluded "Amen!" we responded. "Man wey dey reason!!" they cheered him. I couldn't help but laugh at such a prayer, but i promised myself i would later ask him the meaning of "mix rice and beans". "Man u need to learn how to pray oh, that thing u just did now is no prayer" Pkc said.

"if any of una wan carry woman come house, how him go do am?" i asked Snoop as we sat outside discussing that morning. "guy we dey carry am go Tupac and Bigie room" he responded pointing at a room at the extreme of the lodge. "we no dey let Pkc know oh, because if him know, him go vex well well, him no dey like dat kin thing" Snoop added. "make we go there make Tupac and Bigie see u and Brainbox" Snoop said. As we walked towards Tupac and Bigie's room, i saw from the corner of my eyes that, Tega and Man were going out, so Snoop asked, "Tega u dey travel?", because Tega was holding a bag. "yes, i wan enter warri" Tega responded. There was no need to ask Man where he was going to, it was obvious he wanted to go mix rice and beans.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by ebamma(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2013
oga flow abeg no leave dis mata for matyrs come complete am waiting
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Warlord3000(m): 8:13am On Mar 08, 2013
Bumper to bumper thingz..

Me go just dey follow silently smiley
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by 4kizo(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2013
Dat guy wey cover una 4 prayer need deliverance
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by beycitee(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2013
oga flow i dey feel u die.......u get mouth like kettle.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by luvmijeje(f): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flow na food food I just deh see for this thread,make I chop come finish the remaining tori.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dayleke: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
My Man Flow,
U try no be small,may ur ink well never run dry,Ase.
Oya carry go,I dey ur back na...
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by dayleke: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
@HNB,you dey here too?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Fishoy(f): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmmmmm.....jst dey flow dey go jare
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by fiolaP(f): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
flow, just keep it coming..but what does mixing rice with beans mean anywayz
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
"Man, how far you don come back?" Baba Jay said that evening. "ehn i don come, food dey house?" Man asked, "food no dey oh, na Golden Morn we drink" Snoop responded. When he said Golden Morn, he never meant Nestle Golden Morn, he meant Garri Golden Morn. When u drink Garri in that house, you would simply say u drank Golden Morn. It was the code name. I came to realize that there were so many code names that i needed to know their meanings. Code names like; mix rice and beans.

"ehen, Man wetin be the meaning of mix rice and beans sef?" i asked. "mix rice and beans mean say to mix cement and gravel a.k.a to carry kponkpon" Man said. "so na kponkpon work u dey do?" Brainbox said, "yes oh, and the thing dey give me money no be small, sometimes na me dey feed dis house na" He added. "nahim u no tell us make we follow u go?" i said. "i don tell Baba jay and snoop before na, Baba jay say him too old for dat kin job, snoop say him no fit carry kponkpon for dis him fine hair wey him plait" Man said.

"guy we go follow u go tommorow oh" I said. "una fit work? No be small work oh?" Man cautioned. "na me be Brainbox wey get power, and dis my guy na super Flow, u no see him chest?" Brainbox said pointing at my broad chest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by sambroose(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
oga flow....keep the spirit high abeg, no dull moment for here
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Emperortj93(m): 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flowbaba, no try "concree" work oooo btw u re stil d best so far so gud
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by alfablondy: 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
Oga flow, u think say u go fit mix rice and beans? this one no be blue angel runs and no be your third leg they need for their oh!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
finali dem don release me...
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by alfablondy: 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: finali dem don release me...
welcome back!
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ozimmiri lodge was more of a family house than a students hotel. Small but mighty. Our neighbours were:

Mama and Papa Ejima; The young couple that had a Four year old identical twin boys; Daniel and David. Mama Ejima was so beautiful that the moment i saw her i instantly had a crush on her, but i dare not make any move because her husband was a heavy weight boxer.

Mama Ejima was not as beautiful as Kate. The delectable Drop dead gorgeous Kate. She was so S'exy that the sight of her "mouth watering" a'ss from a distance could make not only one d'ick, but several d'ick to doff their hats, not to talk of her coming close, "u go just release". She was our next door neighbour. She was very S'exy, but no guy in the compound dare asked her out because she was the perfect description of "u can admire but u can have". She was a "runs" babe that deals mainly on Sugardaddies, "she no even get our time sef". I was told the whole guys(except Pkc) went on a bet that whoever would sleep with her would recieve 5k each from other guys. I and Brainbox joined in the bet because we were sure no guy from that compound would see Kate's panties, not even in dream world. Or so i tot.

Another neighbour we had was Tupac and Bigie. These two guys had stuck to each other like bee to nectar right from their childhood days. They attended the same primary, secondary and higher institution, and they were still staying together searching for job. If i was told that they were the reincarnation of American rappers, Tupac and Biggie, i would believe, because they really looked like them. Infact their lives were just the picture perfect lives of Tupac and Biggie, because inasmuch as they were close friends and roomates, they were always at loggerheads. I only wished a "Faith Evans" wouldn't walk into their lives pretty soon.

We also had Haruna and his wife Nkiru as neighbours. Haruna doubled as the security man and the caretaker of the compound. I was told he had been into the security business since he was Seven. A business that had carried him far and wide Nigeria. He brags about marrying three wives. One Ibo, One Yoruba, and One Hausa. The Yoruba Lady, he Married when he was in Ibadan. The Hausa Lady was in the north. While the Ibo Lady was staying with him, her name was Nkiru.

Nkiru!! Oh Nkiru!! Nkiru was the u'gliest woman i ever came across. She looked more like a wild animal. Infact, it was better i died than marrying such a "vampire". I wondered what Haruna say in her that made him marry her, well, like they say: "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". Infact the only beautiful thing about Nkiru was that she owns the provision store outside our compound.

A provision store that guys wanted to run down with L101 and L102.

L was a code name for looting. While 101 meant "one person" and 102 meant "two persons", so L101 meant looting that involves one person, while L102 meant looting that involves two persons.

8 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
@ Foxy Rebirth, so dem don release you?
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by sol2galay: 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flow! Flow!! are u back? me self i'm back

1 Like

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by yoyothefirst(f): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
Guy easy o make d weight lifter no ko bounce on u ooo
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by opeoluwa2(f): 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
*sitting with popcorn and icecream*
Waiting for more L101
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
flow1759:

how u want make e be na? Where u dey?
Me dey Ben now sha, wen i ball in Lag, i go control u.
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flow wey dey reason pass,infact i dey feel ya
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by ocee31(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nwa u don start this thread and you no tell me wosky son of odin
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
"Flow na the site be dis, na me be the chief kponpkon officer, shebi una carry una work cloth come?" Man said as we got to a deserted bushy place. "we carry am na, na wetin dem wan build here sef?" Brainbox asked. "na big filling station na, and we go chop money here well well, because na me dey in charge here" Man said. "the woman wey dey build am her pekin dey abroad, her name na Madam Ifeoma, she dey come here everyday come supervise wetin we dey do and pay us our money after work" Man said. "na she put me in charge of all the labourers wey dey work here. She go soon come sef" Man added.

We removed our clean clothes, put on our working clothes and sat down waiting for Madam Ifeoma.

Soon, a labourer came. He introduced himself as Igbakwambo. In Igbo language Igbakwambo means a hustling fellow. A name that sure befits him. He was stunted, muscular and fair in complexion.

Then came another labourer. Ochagbuorie was his name. In Igbo language Ochagbuorie means Someone that works "hard" and eats "harder" i.e Someone that spends his money on himself. He was sure spending his money on himself because he was wearing a fine perfume.

Ochagbuorie and Igbakwambo were not their real names but names they gave themselves because of the kponkpon job.

Madam Ifeoma came sooner than expected and Man told her that we were his friends, that we came to join the "white colar" job of kponkpon.

Work started. As Madam Ifeoma was instructing us on how the work for the day would be like, i caught a glimpse of how beautiful her face was. I never knew there was something more beautiful than her face behind her. Though she had some gray hair, facially, she was not all that old. She turned backing us and showing us how we were to cast the concrete. I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying, rather i was staring at her "television shaped" a'ss.

2 Likes

Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by sosiq: 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flow ah sight u shocked
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by Bluediamond1(f): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flow,am feelin ur flow.ride on
Re: Man Wey Dey Reason by flow1759: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
Blue diamond: Flow,am feelin ur flow.ride on

As u dey feel me so, naso i feel dey u oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.