Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,327 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (92156 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by mjay(m): 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hope it won't go the way of glo.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Joe50(m): 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
i hope they won't block the non-bb device later, as glo blocked their own, cos dis network pple dey can be funny atimes.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Joe50(m): 10:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
@op, tnx 4 d info.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Koonbey1: 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
jux unlocked my easyblaze nau nau,thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nikkyshyne(f): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
I see. I'v always thought the 'BBC' has a data limit of 200mb though compared to the 'BIS' which is/was unlimited. Is all good. I get the point now.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Joe50(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
3gig 4 N1500? Dats ok, buh my problem wit dem is dia bad netwok.

Make we rock am y its last.
make i enta room go search 4 my mtn sim,

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Brisingr(m): 4:47am On Mar 10, 2013
this will affect airtel market
lets just hope etisalat doesn't follow this trend.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Babanhajiya(m): 6:21am On Mar 10, 2013
Well if this MTN BIS could actually work on non BB devices i will subscribe to it because their network is better than airtel at the moment.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Kamaye(m): 6:26am On Mar 10, 2013
Yeah looking forward to this I'm ready to drop my airtel sim until they improve their network.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nsidible(f): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2013
who has really try diz on non bb device wit out using vpn?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by leslieu63(m): 6:59am On Mar 10, 2013
Does it mean vpn users are f*cked
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by kabasa77(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2013
How then can I check the amount of data I have used and what's left?

3 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by DonTim1: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2013
Dumpingg dat slow and crawling airtel sim shapaly while still awaiting MNP.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2013
Hotdiamond: Droid vpn. Lol . Good radiance to bad rubbish
yey!! My head! Which kind English be this? cry

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Leopantro: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2013
K_ONE: yey!! My head! Which kind English be this? cry

lol.that is the work of autocorrect.

meanwhile, guess what I saw on mtn website.
can we please have a moment of silence, for unlimited data plan on blackberry

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 10, 2013
Now EVERYBODY will start using data bundles BB users inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2013
Wtf! 350MB na for 30mins browsing na sad, anyway, I think I need me an etisalat sim. undecided
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by erniok(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2013
dunno how true it is. all i know is that it works without the vpn that i use (pdproxy) but mtn has always said that the data on #1,500 bb plan is capped while unlimited for #3k plan. maybe they are just enforcing it.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2013
All this na story.I am yet to confirm it.Have downloaded up to 1.6gb since it started.
By today I will reach 3gb will have to confirm.cus there is no way of checking data balance.at least airtel has
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by UncleJJ(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2013
MTN works...... 3GB for 1500 is a good deal.

Besides, mtn has the capacity to handle huge network load, as proven by the vpn users ... these guys are download addicts -they download anything which is stupid. But, that is not the case.

If the vpn users have bombarded the mtn network with a company of get,post and put request and the system still dey kampe.. then mtn dey kampe.

As far as we know, glo couldnt take the heat - so they blocked it.
Airtel is barely surviving the measley 1024mb allowance.

Get with MTN, they know - internet culture has reached a fully developed stage, where streaming, uploading and mass photo sharing has taken center stage.

Am glad, MTN has decided to put up a challenge for all these kuru kere networks. Its just a pity that glonigeria - our very own cannot hold the forte.

I have used mtn since my uni days, use airtel, glo and visafone briefly. But mtn is still the best.

For those of us , who "claim" mtn is slow or has no 3g in your area. You need to start by checking your modem settings and make sure its on wcdma/hsdpa "only". Reboot the pc, flush dns, set dns to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 or 208.64.222.222/208.64.220.220.

If you still dont have 3g , then your area guys need to start sending mtn complaints email. I guarantee you in 30days or less you go get 3g.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by damatolnew: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1: hello peeps i just discovered that mtn has now put a data limit to their unlimited bis complete data plan which is now just 3gig of data it really pains me tho cus i discoverd it too late and now mine is exusted those guys wanna milk us dry

just called mtn customer care to confirm your claim and they said its still unlimited, so where d hell did you got dis info from, provide us your source jor, how can it be capped without means of checking d amount you have used and amount of data remaining! Una too like to they spread rumour jare.....guess you are unemployed...if not you wont be passing dump information such as dis one!

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Leopantro: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
damatolnew:

just called mtn customer care to confirm your claim and they said its still unlimited, so where d hell did you got dis info from, provide us your source jor, how can it be capped without means of checking d amount you have used and amount of data remaining! Una too like to they spread rumour jare.....guess you are unemployed...if not you wont be passing dump information such as dis one!

there's no point insulting the guy. simply go to mtn website and go through the blackberry section. or, if it's too laborious for you, look at the screenshot of their website which I posted above
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
damatolnew:

ok dude. Lemme upload proofs....
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2013

Note:the number u see on the first msg is my remaining data balance.... If u stiil doubt try downloading more than 3gig and clear ur doubts yourself

2 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nsidible(f): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1:

Note:the number u see on the first msg is my remaining data balance.... If u stiil doubt try downloading more than 3gig and clear ur doubts yourself
how do u use it on android phone to browse.is it tru vpn?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
nsidible: how do u use it on android phone to browse.is it tru vpn?
use droid vpn or not it wil . Still browse... It will stop once u exust your data.....
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nsidible(f): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1: use droid vpn or not it wil . Still browse... It will stop once u exust your data.....
now i get it.wen we hav mtn active bb subscription.diz apn blackberry.net work.thank u.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nsidible(f): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
can diz work on symbian phones? Thank u
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by leslieu63(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
nsidible: can diz work on symbian phones? Thank u
no only java phones grin

3 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
I just got to understand d logic. It think its d best approach dey could come up with cus I just noticed that if. U susscribe for the bis dey'll give you 3gig of data ...which is surposedly ment for bb 10 users. And as you all know d bb 10 data plan will work or any device..u should also know dat if u use a regular bb the data cap does not apply to you. As I have exusted my data but can still browse with d same sim using a friends ... For those of us that uses. Droid vpn and other vpn clients the blackberry.net accesspoint will connect with your vpn. Cus its open..its no more exclusive to thE port 500 on udp anylonger. But it won't connect once u exust d data. Let's just pray we find another open port so we can continue surfing unlimitedly

2 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ashson: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Those that dont always download stuffs or watch videos online are good to go i guess...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33)

How To Validate NIN Both Online And Offline / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.