Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (91643 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
from what i see, it seems for those that use the BB7.1 OS and lower and VPN, it's still unlimited but for those those with the BB10 OS and direct connection on other devices without VPN it stops working on exhaustion of the 3GB
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: from what i see, it seems for those that use the BB7.1 OS and lower and VPN, it's still unlimited but for those those with the BB10 OS and direct connection on other devices without VPN it stops working on exhaustion of the 3GB
that's my point. ..as regards to d vpn. Udp and icmp no longer connects
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Koonbey1: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
hey Guys,im sorry,im a bit lost here;does this mean that subscribing for a vpn now is useless??.and,if i subscribe to mtn bis now and put in my universal modem,will it work automatically or are there any settings i should be aware of? thanks
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mtn bad belle! They don spoil business for me finish.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1: that's my point. ..as regards to d vpn. Udp and icmp no longer connects
my vpn still works though. cheesy

but my BIS expires tomorrow cry cry
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by damatolnew: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
my question still remains dt how can we know wen we are about to exhaust d 3gig. There should be a code to press to know how much you don use now..abi i lie?

2 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Koonbey1: 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
Koonbey1: hey Guys,im sorry,im a bit lost here;does this mean that subscribing for a vpn now is useless??.and,if i subscribe to mtn bis now and put in my universal modem,will it work automatically or are there any settings i should be aware of? thanks
pls reply
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: my vpn still works though. cheesy

it should work. Untill u exust ur mb
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1: it should work. Untill u exust ur mb
this ain't fair at all. i still have 45GB in games queued up cry cry cry
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
mtn is still gonna block it just as glo did

would wait till I exhaust my data on airtel though
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by erniok(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: my vpn still works though. cheesy

which vpn do you use cos pdproxy ain't working anymore.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by lordspiritual(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
Koonbey1: pls reply
subscribing for a vpn is now basically useless as you now have internet access directly from mtn witout you using a vpn bypass...it is now like the airtel bb model...
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nsidible(f): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
lord.spiritual:

subscribing for a vpn is now basically useless as you now have internet access directly from mtn witout you using a vpn bypass...it is now like the airtel bb model...
they can still block it.juz like glo did.m.t.n na kolo meta
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Osumare2013: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
What abt those dat are using the BIS on blackberry, will there be data cap for their subscription too? Or is it just d non-BB users?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by lordspiritual(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
Osumare2013: What abt those dat are using the BIS on blackberry, will there be data cap for their subscription too? Or is it just d non-BB users?
i dont know of the data cap yet, but wat i know is that you no longer need a vpn and you can use it cross platform (will research on datacap later)
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Deblow: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
Am still sceptical about the whole issue because I have been using the droidvpn for up to 20 days now and I am a heavy user of data. Just in a day I downloaded a two-part film both totalling about 1.1Gb let alone several other online video streaming. And since morning today I have been on my note 2 yet am still browsing! Don't you think I must have exceeded the purported 3gig cap? Honestly, its confusing
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by lordspiritual(m): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Deblow: Am still sceptical about the whole issue because I have been using the droidvpn for up to 20 days now and I am a heavy user of data. Just in a day I downloaded a two-part film both totalling about 1.1Gb let alone several other online video streaming. And since morning today I have been on my note 2 yet am still browsing! Don't you think I must have exceeded the purported 3gig cap? Honestly, its confusing
it started yesterday or soo....but me im basically talking about the fact that you no longer need droid vpn, jst connect directly and you are good to go without the vpn...
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
this is terrible angry angry angry angry many people are now making it slow angry angry
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Deblow: Am still sceptical about the whole issue because I have been using the droidvpn for up to 20 days now and I am a heavy user of data. Just in a day I downloaded a two-part film both totalling about 1.1Gb let alone several other online video streaming. And since morning today I have been on my note 2 yet am still browsing! Don't you think I must have exceeded the purported 3gig cap? Honestly, its confusing
personally i've gotten 7GB+ in the past 48 hours, thats why i'm still confused. am i using up my cap? or does it only apply after you renew your subscription?

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
and for some reason my network is faster when i'm connected to my vpn than when connected directly undecided undecided undecided

wonder why

update::: browsing with the apn alone doesn't open mtnonline .com
had to use a proxy address.
wierd
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
So this kind thing de happen for nigeria since and una quiet. So unfair.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
please does this apply to system users? Does that mean vpn for systems/PCs won't work anymore?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: personally i've gotten 7GB+ in the past 48 hours, thats why i'm still confused. am i using up my cap? or does it only apply after you renew your subscription?
did u watch it... Re u sure u exceeded 3gig
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
VPNs still work. only thing is the APN also works without any VPN.

i might as well exhaust my data before it expires tomorrow grin
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
ozor1: did u watch it... Re u sure u exceeded 3gig
not sure when they started it though.

i'll find out if it works when i renew tomorrow.
in the meantime i'll use it till it's finished(whenever it stops working) grin grin cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
the big question remains.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL DATA CAP
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix:
the big question remains.

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL DATA CAP
i really don't know.. Or maybe they re having network glitches
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
mtn is idiotic. those mofos cut me off this afternoon. apn connects, droidvpn doesnt, system vpn doesn't both on icmp and udp.
before this shiiit happened, I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that their vpns stopped working. tot it was a joke till it hit me.
I run windows 8 which in a way.aint too friendly with direct connections. from my windows behavior,I noticed this on friday morning and didnt think of direct surfing till yesterday night.

problem is blackberry.net is connected. I cant surf neither with vpn nor direct. if it was capped, it should say. something like this via message. (you have exhausted your 3gb blackberry data plan. text BBC to 21600 for a 3gb monthly blackberry data plan.) dont yall think that.? am by then,definitely the apn will seize to connect.

so to my conclusions, I think.mtn didnt cap the damn thing.its still unlimited but the bad news was they set the network free to be able to block the icmp,udp ports individually on our sims.
reason someone I know who has not used upto 100mb since this thing started,got blocked before me. there might be a more lucid explanations but this are my conclusions
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix:
VPNs still work. only thing is the APN also works without any VPN.

i might as well exhaust my data before it expires tomorrow grin
Mine has stopped on my PC. It just connects but doesn't read which in turn doesn't connect my tunngelguru. I pray its network
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by gmcbiz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
where did u guys get this idea of 3gig cap? cos what i see in their site is 350mb

http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/blackberry#
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
gmc.biz:
where did u guys get this idea of 3gig cap? cos what i see in their site is 350mb

http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/blackberry#
e no fit be 350mb na I've used over 3gig and it's still working make dem no cut me off soon oh
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ozor1: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
HOLLASLYD: mtn is idiotic. those mofos cut me off this afternoon. apn connects, droidvpn doesnt, system vpn doesn't both on icmp and udp.
before this shiiit happened, I've gotten a lot of complaints from people that their vpns stopped working. tot it was a joke till it hit me.
I run windows 8 which in a way.aint too friendly with direct connections. from my windows behavior,I noticed this on friday morning and didnt think of direct surfing till yesterday night.

problem is blackberry.net is connected. I cant surf neither with vpn nor direct. if it was capped, it should say. something like this via message. (you have exhausted your 3gb blackberry data plan. text BBC to 21600 for a 3gb monthly blackberry data plan.) dont yall think that.? am by then,definitely the apn will seize to connect.

so to my conclusions, I think.mtn didnt cap the damn thing.its still unlimited but the bad news was they set the network free to be able to block the icmp,udp ports individually on our sims.
reason someone I know who has not used upto 100mb since this thing started,got blocked before me. there might be a more lucid explanations but this are my conclusions
check the picture i pisted earlier...... This is how dey'll alert you.Y'ello, Your active -2322 subscription will expire on BBC. Thank you. The 2323 is the mb balance this was with my friends. Sim.. N mine was stated clearly. You acctive 0 subscription will expire on. Bbc... Didnt make screen shot of it tho... But it was after i downloaded a file of about 3gig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33)

Wapdam - Your All Time Place For Music, Videos And Games Download / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. / Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.