Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children (15608 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / What Do You Miss About Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by SKIPCY(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
Still single but I'll definately miss my indomie when I get married.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2013
k4kenny: Interesting that this thread is coming up today. Last night, I went to bed at 10.30 pm only to b awaken by my baby at 12.30am, she didn't go bak to sleep till 8.30 am. In my sleepless state, I had to bathe and prep her older bro for sch, pack 2 meals, tidy up d mess he made in my living room, bathe and feed d cranky baby before finally crashing into a 5hr sleep grin

Do I sometimes miss my single life of being responsible for no one but M̶̲̅ε̲̣? Yes

Would I trade my current life for anything in this world? HELL NO!!!
Interesting.....pls extend my greetings to ur kids n b tnkful 2 God 4 dem. Many wuld b eternally tnkful if only they culd hav just 1kid.

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by konn: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
missed my freedom, privacy, others. but all in all marriage is the best
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Richtronix(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Kuma and brandy sessions,coupled with random sex with women of questionable morals
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Oohrhii(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
Still single..tho of marriage age. Working and doing fine, i just don't think i want to for now.Despite all clamors from mum and family..and ofcourse girl-fys..i still want to wait..a little bit more...But make god help me as pressure too much. i think y am stalling is cos of my freedom! i dont want to miss..it chai!

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by olumidazz: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Never been an fornicator, but I miss my solo or private sessions with benson % hedges and vodka whilst cooling off after work with joe serenading from the home theatre all night.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
Awwwwwh.....

Anyway to all d single ladies and dudes, enjoy ur single life now while it lasts...that includes me...
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by fubbyy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
So all these things you all are missing are what am gonna enjoy forever, oh what a life...

Am happy
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Kofho: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
Miss is an understatement I wish!!! bur lyf goes on.one tin abt Africans is dat marriage is a
must cuz @ a certain age ppl wil start askin u sum ?s bur cum to fink of it is it a must?anyways plz guys njoi ur freedom now while it last n to d Marid ones struggle continues
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Tpave(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
grin
huni_naija: Single life: i can go out and get back anytime i want without hearing a disgruntled voice asking me where iv been..

can wear what i like, when i like, with whom i like, i always like, got to like, in the hike, catch a bike, no man strike! wink grin

Omo this single life is sweet. tongue

Married life: prison!
Are you a rapper? See ryhmes. grin
huni_naija: Single life: i can go out and get back anytime i want without hearing a disgruntled voice asking me where iv been..

can wear what i like, when i like, with whom i like, i always like, got to like, in the hike, catch a bike, no man strike! wink grin

Omo this single life is sweet. tongue

Married life: prison!
Are you a rapper? See ryhmes.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by jaywonder1: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
kulyie: Well i am not yet married and i am still enjoying every bit of my life.my singlehood,independence,freedom from any infant relying on me for survival,freedom from being responsible to anyone except myself,freedom to spend my money the way and whichever way i choose,freedom to wear anything i want and spend my day the way i like,freedom to go wherever and whenever i choose,freedom from societal inhibitions of being a 'mrs',freedom to live my life and not anyone in order to please inlaws,husband and whoever.infact i dont yet think am longing for marriage so soon
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by UmmRumy(f): 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
So many things. First 3 r sleep, sleep & yes SLEEP!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by mecussey(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
kulyie: Well i am not yet married and i am still enjoying every bit of my life.my singlehood,independence,freedom from any infant relying on me for survival,freedom from being responsible to anyone except myself,freedom to spend my money the way and whichever way i choose,freedom to wear anything i want and spend my day the way i like,freedom to go wherever and whenever i choose,freedom from societal inhibitions of being a 'mrs',freedom to live my life and not anyone in order to please inlaws,husband and whoever.infact i dont yet think am longing for marriage so soon

i like you bro, the only problem about barchelorhood is lonliness. Its either you go home with chicks or you get tipsy otherwise, you will be so lonly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by fubbyy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
mecussey:

i like you bro, the only problem about barchelorhood is lonliness. Its either you go home with chicks or you get tipsy otherwise, you will be so lonly.
am even thinking married life will bring loneliness, a lonely bachelor needs to check him sef weda he dey ok

As for me, always on the street hustling, always in da club bubbling, always @ home phucking pussy

Married life will bring loneliness because you will only stuck with ya family

Thank God I will never get married
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by mecussey(m): 8:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
fubbyy: am even thinking married life will bring loneliness, a lonely bachelor needs to check him sef weda he dey ok

As for me, always on the street hustling, always in da club bubbling, always @ home phucking pussy

Married life will bring loneliness because you will only stuck with ya family

Thank God I will never get married

You are a Murderfu*ker if wont get married man ..lol. There is something about Marriage, if you continue with the bubling life, your health will judge you at 40 or 50. I will soon marry because, I like taking risks and getting ahead of myself

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
For some reason I think I'd have more freedom when married. cheesy
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 10:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
stillwater: For some reason I think I'd have more freedom when married. cheesy
Really? Pls share now, dnt b shy...
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by jonaboy: 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wow really miss sleeping till when I feel like waking up,miss hanging out with my guys and clubing,miss a lot of things about singlehood but I can't trade being married with singlehood cos when I think of my pretty wife and cute daughter I think getting married was one of the best decisions I have ever taken.

1 Like

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
stillwater: For some reason I think I'd have more freedom when married. cheesy
hahaha....am telln u!
Now am so stucked with books, no time to sleep and ve fun! sad
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
jonaboy: Wow really miss sleeping till when I feel like waking up,miss hanging out with my guys and clubing,miss a lot of things about singlehood but I can't trade being married with singlehood cos when I think of my pretty wife and cute daughter I think getting married was one of the best decisions I have ever taken.
Hmmm...dats nice to hear. I hope NL peeps would see dat marriage can actually b fun...
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Becacia_Barbie:
hahaha....am telln u!
Now am so stucked with books, no time to sleep and ve fun! sad
huh? Pls wot do u mean?
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by goldwaters(f): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
i soooo miss my sleep and ability to go out when i want to be ALONE but i wont trade my husband and kids for anything*yawns*
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by othenok(f): 11:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
I miss/need sleep, miss having guys fight over me ;DI
Miss having time for my self. But truth be told, I love my boys like hell smiley. Wouldn't trade them for the world.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by moneyes: 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wasn't an extrovert; marriage and kids freed me somewhat. But I miss not caring abt the bills. I miss not being able to hibernate with a good novel for a whole day (been on one for 2 yrs now grin). I miss the girly fights and gossips with my 4 sisters. Am begining to have a full night's sleep (that used to be something; the lack of unbroken sleep)

Still won't trade for the single, simple life.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 13, 2013
The only thing I miss is my guitar which I was able to play for hours on end without any distractions.

The things I don't miss are:
1. The loneliness; coming home to my tiny flat with no one there to say hello and welcome me.

2. The endless days and nights of congee

3. Earning my salary and not knowing what to do with it because my needs were so simple, therefore going to spend it on nkwobi and beer.

4. Not being able to eat good home-made food and eating all kinds of junks sold in canteens.

5. The useless girls who were always trying to distract me when all they have to offer is their expired kpekus cheesy

6. Being broke at halfway of the month because of frivolous spending on useless things.

Overall, I prefer marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by jeffizy(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2013
taryour: I don't miss anything. It only when am preg I miss myself cry
You know the naija saying....."belle na sisi husband".
Oyun ni oko omoge!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by jeffizy(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2013
SKIPCY: Still single but I'll definately miss my indomie when I get married.
The poundo yam with fresh fish will be a better replacement bro.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:02am On Mar 13, 2013
Wooow! 80% of pple in here, really missed their long nights rest So Marriage means u sleep less sad geez! I love sleepn Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo....sad
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by thelegend1(m): 10:51am On Mar 13, 2013
pDude: The only thing I miss is my guitar which I was able to play for hours on end without any distractions.

The things I don't miss are:
1. The loneliness; coming home to my tiny flat with no one there to say hello and welcome me.

2. The endless days and nights of congee

3. Earning my salary and not knowing what to do with it because my needs were so simple, therefore going to spend it on nkwobi and beer.

4. Not being able to eat good home-made food and eating all kinds of junks sold in canteens.

5. The useless girls who were always trying to distract me when all they have to offer is their expired kpekus cheesy

6. Being broke at halfway of the month because of frivolous spending on useless things.

Overall, I prefer marriage.

i greet you...well said!
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by IdiAmin2(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2013
Temismith: I missed my freedom, sleep, privacy, hanging out with frends,the free recharge cards and money i get from my magasgrin grin grin grin....... But HONESTLY, AM HAPPY TO BE MARRIED cos of d respect and favour i get wherever i go to..

why are u calling them FREE recharge cards It's not like your magas did not get something (wink wink) in return for those recharge cards,
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
I miss my sleep,having a straight night sleep is impossible.There is always this ear piercing cry of Taata!!Taata(meaning water)thrice every night.Kids can trouble the hell out of me,as they keep making me yell.

I prefer marriage abeg,more fun,constant company,someone to pamper you,sex without consquences,lots of respect from people around you,as a matter of fact I feel prettier as a mother than I did as a single lady.I didn't do much with my freedom as a single lady,so I don't miss it.There is something comforting about the fact that someone really cares for you and its not because he wants free kpekus.
Re: Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children by niyoni: 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
nNawa o! Does it mean married pple dnt sleep well? I beta get all d sleep I can now, b4 I get married.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.