Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? (15614 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / Surviving Without Sex As A Single Mum... It's So Difficult / Woman Asks Husband To Return Her Virginity And Standing Breasts For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Haymus007(m): 12:53am On Jul 24, 2023
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Waffarianman(m): 1:01am On Jul 24, 2023
He built Lagos, he built Lagos, when time reach to build Nigeria cement finished. Nawa 4 our leaders

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Taylor90: 1:18am On Jul 24, 2023
Mouth wey them use price TOTO when you’re on a heat period no be the same mouth them dey take bring money fast after ejaculation

That’s human for you but if the money is little you can forget about it because automatically that money has closed several other future borrowing he would have made in future

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
A friend of mine borrowed some money from me and since then he has refused to return back my money. I still don't know why people can be so desperate when in need of some amount of money for something urgent/important but fail to return it ASAP.
Probably because they think fools of people who lend money to them without receiving some sort of insurance to ensure they pay it back. undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by otipoju(m): 2:33am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Probably because they think fools of people who lend money to them without receiving some sort of insurance to ensure they pay it back. undecided

I have a cousin that I borrowed money three seperate times over the course of 10 years.
Not once has he paid back...giving the impression that he does not have the funds to pay back.

Recently he was blabbing about how he sowed two natives for total 30k a piece...I just laugh for my mind sey this one owe gbese but still dey do fashion.

I've become more ruthless now though. If I wan give I go give but no be you go force me.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by GboyegaD(m): 2:39am On Jul 24, 2023
If it is the Nigerian case, it is entitlement mentality.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Jul 24, 2023
otipoju:
I have a cousin that I borrowed money three seperate times over the course of 10 years.
Not once has he paid back...giving the impression that he does not have the funds to pay back. Recently he was blabbing about how he sowed two natives for total 30k a piece...I just laugh for my mind sey this one owe gbese but still dey do fashion. I've become more ruthless now though. If I wan give I go give but no be you go force me.
Your cousin outwitted you and you think laughing and calling him owe gbese gives you some upper hand? LOL... grin

Consider that he may have planned the same con on others like you then maybe you will see how you were the one who made the terrible mistake of lending him money without demanding some form of insurance from him that will guarantee he pays no matter what. undecided

If no be dash you dey dash person money, there is no reason why you should not get some form of legal IOU from that person which you can use to get your money back. lipsrsealed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by otipoju(m): 3:16am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your cousin outwitted you and you think laughing and calling him owe gbese gives you some upper hand? LOL... grin

Consider that he may have planned the same con on others like you then maybe you will see how you were the one who made the terrible mistake of lending him money without demanding some form of insurance from him that will guarantee he pays no matter what. undecided

If no be dash you dey dash person money, there is no reason why you should not get some form of legal IOU from that person which you can use to get your money back. lipsrsealed

He is the foolish one. He is eating crumbs and loosing out on many other bigger things and will NEVER ever be called to seat and feast at the table...because he is not trust worthy whereas trust is the currency of valuable relationships. If your word is as valuable as dust, you will be treated as dust.

A mans word should be his bond. Especially among family and friends. Once I have to go official with a friend or family member...him don turn to outsider be that.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Kobojunkie: 3:21am On Jul 24, 2023
otipoju:
■ He is the foolish one. He is eating crumbs and loosing out on many other bigger things and will never ever be called to seat and feast at the table...he is not trust worthy and trust is the currency of valuable relationships.
Ok oo grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by otipoju(m): 3:47am On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ok oo grin

I let go after making my stance clear because I dey fit use am for other things. I don mature.

By his own hand he has shut out himself from better things. I have dashed him more than he borrowed but he will never get any thing really substantial.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by chatinent: 3:49am On Jul 24, 2023
Evil!

But they’ll never give you when you need but will see you as GTB reserves.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by alphaNomega: 3:49am On Jul 24, 2023
1. Some thing they have outsmarted you out of your own money

2. Some are unable to pay back.

3. Some think you already have a lot of money to ask for your money back.

4. The list does not end here

20 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by JeffreyJunior: 4:00am On Jul 24, 2023
To most people, borrowed money from friends and family na free money naa or las las, na trade by barter.

It's true if you really look at it well. Borrow me 1k today and tomorrow you see me for bar, I buy you drinks, loan repaid. grin

If you wan become a lender, make it official by documenting it and requesting collateral.

If family and friends know you're a serious money lender cum businessman, they will always pay back their loans. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2023
The funniest thing is that, the energy, smile and humility they'll give when begging is another form of wickedness grin

When the time comes for them to pay back, they'll display another form of wickedness, telling you different lies from the pit of hell grin

Greetings y'all, do well to check my signature...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Haymus007(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Exactly, very annoying something

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Darlingme(f): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
Stop borrowing people money if you want to maintain your sanity. Just give what you can let go to support.
Because people's attitude when looking for loan is not always the same when is pay back time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIocV4rhMiU

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by April396949: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2023
There are several reasons why people who borrow money find it difficult to return it in due time:

1. Financial constraints: Borrowers may be facing financial difficulties, such as low income or high expenses, which make it challenging for them to meet their repayment obligations. They may have limited cash flow or unexpected expenses that hinder their ability to repay the borrowed amount.

2. Lack of budgeting and financial planning: Some borrowers fail to create a proper budget or financial plan, leading to poor money management. Without a clear understanding of their income and expenses, they may struggle to allocate funds for loan repayment, resulting in delays or missed payments.

3. Prioritizing other expenses: Borrowers may have competing financial priorities, such as regular living expenses, essential bills, or immediate needs. In such cases, they may prioritize these higher on their list, making it difficult to allocate sufficient funds towards repaying the borrowed amount.

4. Overborrowing: Some individuals may borrow more than they can afford to repay, taking on loans beyond their repayment capacity. This can lead to a cycle of debt, where they struggle to repay one loan while taking on additional debt to cover their expenses, exacerbating the repayment challenge.

5. Lack of financial discipline: Some borrowers may lack financial discipline and be prone to impulse spending or living beyond their means. They may struggle to adhere to repayment schedules and make impulsive purchases instead of meeting their loan obligations.

6. Unforeseen circumstances: Unexpected life events, such as job loss, medical emergencies, or other unforeseen circumstances, can significantly impact a borrower's ability to repay their loan on time. These unforeseen events can disrupt their financial stability and make it difficult to meet repayment deadlines.

It is essential for borrowers to be mindful of their financial situation, create realistic repayment plans, and prioritize loan repayment appropriately to avoid these challenges.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Okortor: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lack of financial discipline, managerial skill and diversion of funds other than using it for business or loan purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by beardedboy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
It's Greed
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Goodman2023: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Because of tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Divoc19(f): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Depends on the conditions attached before the borrowing.
Trust me.
But our indigenous loan apps have to learn to do better. Defaming defaulters online won't make people pay.
Conditions are very important when giving out a loan. Don't just assume the person will pay, until they are comfortable doing so
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by ecolime(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Na wetin Loan sharks sef dey face be this. Na why dem dey defame bad debtors.

Many Nigerians are bad borrowers. Instead of them to repay their debt, they would rather pray for your death.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by SegunBABA007(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Anyway, are you suffering from Erectile dysfunction?? I have a secret recipe for you and it works like magic😇😇Quote me if interested
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
I have stop borrowing , I dash what I can afford to lose. Imagine ordinary 2k na him my friend for street borrowed, he stop greeting me and anytime I try to get close to path, he double the walking.... Another didn't even bother to pay, 8 months later he come for another borrowing. I remind him the last one he borrowed 8 months ago,maybe they think I forgot , I said I can't borrow him again since he didn't pay up, I just dash him 500, I no wan make Dem turn to my enemy if I borrow them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by emonkey(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Haymus007:
Because the person no get money nah grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by saphiere(f): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Because this is Nigeria. A lawless country ruled by the gender that betrayed our Lord Jesus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Sultty(m): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
in whatever u do, don't borrow money from palmpay. May we not be unfortunate o grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
lipsrsealed
That's too bad.... You can see dem blaming those loan apps for their own misfortunes when they fail to abide to their own part of the agreement.....The truth is that I've known alot of people to be like that...Some of dem go even ready to throw punches with you angry. For your own kindness wey you show again shocked. That's why if at all I want to borrow you money,I go makesure say na the kind amount of money wey no go pain me if you fail to repay undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Xwizard: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
the question now is, why is everyone borrowing

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? by Odunharry(m): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Many Nigerians esp are fond of that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink / Porta Potties: The Bad, Worst And Ugly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.