Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Cheapest Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cheapest Soup (24071 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
since u r from delta state,u can prepare banga soup.u can get banga for #50,banga spices #50,smoked fish#200 and u'll get a tasty meal
Re: Cheapest Soup by MrSinister(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
cheesy this thread made front page! lol grin

A lot of you believe okro soup is the cheapest but i think one can also prepare vegetable soup for roughly the same price.

N50 ugwu
N50 waterleaf
N30 crayfish
N30 palm oil
N150 smoked fish/meat (N200)
N50 salt, pepper & Maggi
Re: Cheapest Soup by NoQualms1(f): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Aafulenu: i will say nsala soup if u are igbo. i remember cooking that soup with less than 150 including fish.
fish --- 100
utazi-- 5 naira
uziza - 5naira
inshort most of the ingredients are btw 5 and 10 naira. u will even use and remain. it doesnt require oil of any kind.
note: am assuminh u have pepper,crayfish,salt, maggi at home.

Thank you for this. Can you, please, explain how to cook the soup?
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
chucky234: White soup ( ofe nsala) will do a lot of good to your pocket as its pocket friendly, all need is any amount of either iced fish,smoked fish,meat mixed with crayfish.
How to prepare:
Add either of meat,fish and the crayfish after washing into a boiling water (minimal qty),add pepper and allow to boil for about 10mins then add salt and seasoning (maggi/knorr) and allow to boil for additional 20mins. You can little qty of eba,semovita or pounded yam to thicken the soup,bring it down after 5mins and its ready to go with either eba, semovita, pounded yam or fufu (akpu).
shocked
chucky234: White soup ( ofe nsala) will do a lot of good to your pocket as its pocket friendly, all need is any amount of either iced fish,smoked fish,meat mixed with crayfish.
How to prepare:
Add either of meat,fish and the crayfish after washing into a boiling water (minimal qty),add pepper and allow to boil for about 10mins then add salt and seasoning (maggi/knorr) and allow to boil for additional 20mins. You can little qty of eba,semovita or pounded yam to thicken the soup,bring it down after 5mins and its ready to go with either eba, semovita, pounded yam or fufu (akpu).
So u can cookgrin
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
How to prepare:
shocked
How to prepare:
So u can cookgrin
Re: Cheapest Soup by Chilexeve: 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why not try native soup? Its cheap as well.

Buy 50 naira achi or offor(sorry, don't know the english name),#400 meat,#10 pepper, red oil, if rou have money you can add #100 roasted fish, #100 ugu or uziza leaf and you are good to go. Try the uziza leaf and you'll so fall in love with it.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
water soup.

Re: Cheapest Soup by grandstar(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Ila alasepo,with 500 naira your pot of soup would take kia of your belle for 6 months

ondo woman!
Re: Cheapest Soup by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okro and stew with fish will cost only N1000 and can serve 10 people.
Re: Cheapest Soup by goofie: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Orikinla: Okro and stew with fish will cost only N1000 and can serve 10 people.

i think hes looking for something cheaper
Re: Cheapest Soup by chichi414: 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
I will go for okro soup with #300 u ar good to go
Re: Cheapest Soup by megachuks(m): 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Okro is d most cheapest soup. It's really going to make u save a lot.
Re: Cheapest Soup by valboy20(m): 12:34am On Mar 17, 2013
megachuks: Okro is d most cheapest soup. It's really going to make u save a lot.

guy...i dey fear dx ur english...take am easy jor
Re: Cheapest Soup by maclatunji: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Buy Apon/Ogbono N20, Charcoal N50, 1/8th of a litre bottle of palm oil N60. Fried Fish, Pomo or Meat or even roasted panla N100, Salt N50, dry pepper N20.

Bleach a little quantity of the palm oil, add the apon/ogbono until it becomes a thick past. Add about 20cl of water and stir. Add about 1/3 of the dry pepper powder, add salt, your pomo, fish or meat. Leave for about 7 minutes and you are good to go. Buy garri N100, make eba and go enjoy your meal and thank God for his mercies.

I just gave description for making soup with N300 and a meal for N400.

That is it folks!
Re: Cheapest Soup by bikinibabe(f): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2013
thanks o jere,jst what i was thinkin
damosky12:

If you cant offer amy useful info. Why not shut-up! If Nigeria consists only people like you, it would have been hard for natural men to get help.
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nancywealth(f): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
i cheaper soup is pepper soup ( popularly called eribor otor)
Re: Cheapest Soup by blackbeau1(f): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Start with okro soup,don't forget beans and rice.
Re: Cheapest Soup by blackbeau1(f): 4:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Start with okro soup,vegetable soup,melon soup.
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
ok download the ingreadients here .
Re: Cheapest Soup by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nancy wealth: i cheaper soup is pepper soup ( popularly called eribor otor)
correct urhobo gal
Re: Cheapest Soup by AdamJack(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2013
Home made chicken, tomato or vegetable soups are cheap and very beneficial for health.I assure that all of my friends would appreciate this tip.
Re: Cheapest Soup by AutoChick4U(f): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2023
Dyt:
Egusi
U can mk a full pot wit 200
Fish, egusi, palm-oil, pepper, u go still get change sef
Oooops! 200 can't even buy onions and peppers in 2023😭😭😭😭😭

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh Foods You Shouldn't Keep In Your Refrigerator / Man Says He Found Black Spots On Pure Bliss Wafer Biscuits, Raises Alarm (Video) / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.