Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? (1732 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / How I Dealt With A Female Gold Digger.........(PHOTOS) / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by 4Play(m): 7:49pm On May 06, 2006
I believe women are unfairly demonised for being attracted to men with money.The popular perception is that such attraction is shallow minded,but far from that it is only natural that women are attracted to men who they feel will offer them protection.
In pre-historic times,such protection was sought from the strongest man in the community.Today this is offered by the rich.It is not any less narrow-minded than a man who's attraction to a woman is determined by the size of her hips or her breasts.
It is legitimate and natural for a woman to be attracted to men with money and a genuine loving relationship can blossom from such an affair .To be cynical, one can say that such attraction is even more tolerable on the grounds that a  man is more likely to remain rich for his lifetime but a woman's physical assets are bound to deteriorate with age.
Obviously,if a woman remains in a relationship solely for money that will be wrong.But it won't be wrong if money is one of the key factors in her starting the relationship.It is simply the natural order of  things.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by hotangel2(f): 8:56pm On May 06, 2006
Nice speech. smiley

Obviously,if a woman remains in a relationship solely for money that will be wrong.But it won't be wrong if money is one of the key factors in her starting the relationship.It is simply the natural order of things.

Well i agree with you. 100%.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by mokwuosa(f): 10:29pm On May 06, 2006
Valid point and great argument. I am pleased to hear that a man has a positive view on this issue.

I actually agree with you on this topic; however, there are some men and women out there that believe that a woman who states that she wants a man who is well off as her simply she is seeking the money. However, it is okay for a man to articulate that he wants a woman with a big butt and big breast, and that is okay. Great observation. Please preach on to those who are not open-minded to respect other's desires and wishes, and see other sides of the coin. smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by whitelexi(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2006
Some men like women who are attracted to them for whome they are and not for what they are or have. So, if the woman doesnt know he's rich, she doesnt get attracted to the same person she woulda been interested in if she knew he was rich?

That sounds just a bit funny grin
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by mokwuosa(f): 3:19pm On May 08, 2006
whitelexi:

Some men like women who are attracted to them for whome they are and not for what they are or have. So, if the woman doesnt know he's rich, she doesnt get attracted to the same person she woulda been interested in if she knew he was rich?

Well in a sense that will benefit the man because he will not waste his time with a woman that only wants him for what he has than whom he is. 

However, my question is does it make it any better for a man to want a woman for her body than who she is as a person?  I simply don't understand why a woman should get so much slack for desiring a man for the things he has, but we don't argue with a man because he desires a woman for what she has.  Sounds like pure contradiction in my opinion.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by jagenne(m): 3:40pm On May 08, 2006
This is hilarious.

So you're comparing a woman's body to Cash?

Big butt, phat boobs are equivalent to a guy's height and good looks.
So why sneak in pocket-size into it?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by kimba(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2006
are there no male-Gold diggers too?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by mokwuosa(f): 4:35pm On May 08, 2006
jagenne:

This is hilarious.

So you're comparing a woman's body to Cash?

Big butt, phat boobs are equivalent to a guy's height and good looks.
So why sneak in pocket-size into it?

The comparison is not one's body to money. The comparison is in regards to desires. If a man desires a woman with a certain body type (and that only) does that make him right? However, if a woman desires a man with money that makes her wrong? The picture is much more broad than that. People need to understand that simply because a person desires a certain style, quality, or attribute in someone that they are seeking to be involved in does not make them bad--it is simply their choice. If you as the person being desired do not agree with the other's choice as to why they are interested in you, then let them know or simply do not be involved with them.

The point is women get harped on far too much for making choices regarding types of men they will be involved with; but we do not discourage men from doing something somewhat similar. That is a huge double standard which frankly is unfair.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by eveseh(f): 9:24pm On May 10, 2006
nothing's wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by trendy(f): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2007
Absolutely nothing, guys too are gold diggers you know
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by angelchi(f): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2007
guys r more of gold diggers than female.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by OmoEko1(f): 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2007
Becos we Love money and free stuff and their is nothing wrong with it.
Guys are MUMU and MUGU for falling into our traps
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by ima1(f): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2007
women think about the future, and we imagine where we would be, how our kids would live, i know i do, so if i am attracted to a rich guy that can give me all i want including protection that doesn't make me a golddigger, it makes me a smart woman. i just wants wats best for me, come on and who would want to be poor for the rest of their lives.

if guys pretty much go for sex, then why shouldn't we go for money, its an even trade that makes everyone happy.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by Razorr(f): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2007
WOW! So 4play actually has a brain! shocked I'm impressed! Well. . . We are all basically prostitutes in our own little ways. Both guys and chics. tongue
Re: What's Wrong With Female Gold Diggers? by spoilt(f): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2007
correct guy! wanting the good things of life doesnt make a woman a bad person. no one wants to suffer abeg. why do poor guys always have bellus for guy with dough? instead of whining go out and try to make your own money. then chicks can be drawn to you like bees to honey.

(1) (Reply)

Do They Match? / Stop Taking Advantage Of Girls / Is Money Everything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.