Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren (23849 Views)

Bigadier-General Sule Zakari Is Director-General Of NYSC Now (Photo) / Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by EkoIle1: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

Simple: because the sheer vileness and unpleasant language u word your *thoughts* (I seriously doubt u're capable of that) with make any comprehension impossible. Some of us didn't grow up in gutters so we can't really decode ur pathetic language.

You obviously re posted this trash because you thought I didn't see it when you first posted it, actually I did, I ignored it for obvious reasons. It was and still is trash so quit wasting your time re posting the same rubbish just to get my attention.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
My luv!:

^^^ Talk of giving the dog a bad name just to kill it. It's people like you that earn a living out of cheap blackmail. Smh

That wasn't my intention sir. Sorry if it looks like that.

I don't know the man, but based on the utter waste of human lives occasioned by the irresponsibility of his administration in the Dana crash, any decision made as a fall-out can be justified, never mind that ppl claim he's been outstanding up till then. That's my stand.
He may be a good man, but at that level, you need to maintain a sterling degree of professionalism at all times.

Did he? No.

Did he know the risk? Yes.

Did he have both legal and financial backing to have taken necessary steps to avoid that disaster ?Capital YES!

What happened? He was criminally negligent!

And professionally, he's lucky to be escaping with his freedom. If Nigeria were a country where the populace knew their rights and we had Lawyers who knew anything about Torts, FAAN, FG, NCCA and DANA would be deeply enmeshed in trouble now.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

You make some very good points but many parts of your arguments are speculative at best. No one is telling you "certs and books" make Demuren the best option. The fact is that his academic and professional talent, to cover the holy grail of solution provision that solidifies reputations, is not in doubt and should not be disparaged by any sensible person. I don't know why we he was sacked but we cannot just assume it is because he goofed. We are seeing evidence, daily , that this is a President who will move against anyone perceived a threat to his direct or affiliated political interest.

You ask yourself what Allison-Madueke has made of our Petroleum sector if not mired it in sleaze and corruption to the extent David Cameron had to publicly ask the GEJ government to account for the trillions received through the sector in recent years with Nigeria having nothing to show for that vast amount. After the latest episode of Allison-Madueke making a fool of Nigeria with her open compromise of the Ribadu Petroleum task force, tell me who is more deserving of a sacking in Nigeria than that Lady. Also, we all remember Azazi being sacked after he claimed the PDP was behind Boko Haram. Those are the sort of observations that tell many this is not a President who hires, fires or retain appointees purely on merit and principles. If some now question his motives for sacking Demuren, then they have solid reasons to do so because analytically intelligent people can only make inference from the consistent behaviour of others. If a well-known unrepentant kleptomaniac, would it be wrong for me to assume you may have stolen the watch you are wearing on your ankle instead of your wrist?

Sir,
I already included your point that we do not have a credible president in my earlier submission that you quoted. That I believe is the reason the DG's sack is generating so much debate (not the action in itself but the instigator and his intentions).

I still insist though does the fact that a known liar tells u a well documented fact is true make it less true? NO SIR!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

You make some very good points but many parts of your arguments are speculative at best. No one is telling you "certs and books" make Demuren the best option. The fact is that his academic and professional talent, to cover the holy grail of solution provision that solidifies reputations, is not in doubt and should not be disparaged by any sensible person. I don't know why he was sacked but we cannot just assume it is because he goofed. We are seeing evidence, daily , that this is a President who will move against anyone perceived a threat to his direct or affiliated political interest.

You ask yourself what Allison-Madueke has made of our Petroleum sector if not mired it in sleaze and corruption to the extent David Cameron had to publicly ask the GEJ government to account for the trillions received through the sector in recent years with Nigeria having nothing to show for that vast amount. After the latest episode of Allison-Madueke making a fool of Nigeria with her open compromise of the Ribadu Petroleum task force, tell me who is more deserving of a sacking in Nigeria than that Lady. Also, we all remember Azazi being sacked after he claimed the PDP was behind Boko Haram. Those are the sort of observations that tell many this is not a President who hires, fires or retain appointees purely on merit and principles. If some now question his motives for sacking Demuren, then they have solid reasons to do so because analytically intelligent people can only make inference from the consistent behaviour of others. If a well-known unrepentant kleptomaniac, would it be wrong for me to assume you may have stolen the watch you are wearing on your ankle instead of your wrist?
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Dude, NCAA do not run the airports. FAAN does.

If most Nairalanders are like you . . . then, same of the same. Bunch of clowns and mo.rons. Internet-empowered dummies.
Word
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
People have been ranting since this topic came up on front page without even having a good knowledge of the system.Mr Harold Demuren deserve to be sacked long ago.Academic qualification don't always transcend to good management.Its only in Nigeria people go for courses abroad and end up not using it instead all they think about is their promotion.I challenge anybody to name any of his achievements ever since.There is no safety in the Nigerian aviation system.The last plane crash that occurred could have been averted if the agency was efficent.A plane that was faulty from Port Harcourt to Abuja was allowed to fly immediately to Lagos without proper clearance from NCAA and this led to loss of lives.With that incidence he ought to have been relieved of his duty.Nigerians just look for way to blame the President for everything.Just like El Rufai said even if Jesus should be handed Nigerian Presidency he will still face insult and condemnation

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
chingyjant: People have been ranting since this topic came up on front page without even having a good knowledge of the system.Mr Harold Demuren deserve to be sacked long ago.Academic qualification don't always transcend to good management.Its only in Nigeria people go for courses abroad and end up not using it instead all they think about is their promotion.I challenge anybody to name any of his achievements ever since.There is no safety in the Nigerian aviation system.The last plane crash that occurred could have been averted if the agency was efficent.A plane that was faulty from Port Harcourt to Abuja was allowed to fly immediately to Lagos without proper clearance from NCAA and this led to loss of lives.With that incidence he ought to have been relieved of his duty.Nigerians just look for way to blame the President for everything.Just like El Rufai said even if Jesus should be handed Nigerian Presidency he will still face insult and condemnation

I would blame the plane crashes on the NCAA's aircraft inspection personnel. They were the ones that inspected those planes, and gave them a 'clean' bill of health. It's unfortunate that Demuren, as the former DG of the NCAA had to take the blame for those crashes because as the saying goes "The buck stops at the leader's table". Therefore, I believe that there should be a total revamping of the section in the NCAA that handles aircraft inspections. Those technicians/engineers that are found to be fraudulent should be relieved of their jobs; while the agency should hire new people that will do a competent job.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by texazzpete(m): 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Beam:

I don't know the man, but based on the utter waste of human lives occasioned by the irresponsibility of his administration in the Dana crash, any decision made as a fall-out can be justified, never mind that ppl claim he's been outstanding up till then. That's my stand.
He may be a good man, but at that level, you need to maintain a sterling degree of professionalism at all times.

Did he? No.

Did he have both legal and financial backing to have taken necessary steps to avoid that disaster ?Capital YES!

And professionally, he's lucky to be escaping with his freedom. If Nigeria were a country where the populace knew their rights and we had Lawyers who knew anything about Torts, FAAN, FG, NCCA and DANA would be deeply enmeshed in trouble now.

So what you're saying is, you've gone to the future, seen the report of the Dana air crash investigation and it fingers the NCAA head abi?

Nah, I thought not. You're just blowing hot air out of your arse.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Just watched AIT news and there was an article where the senate commended GEJ for implementing their reccomendation and sacking Demuren. Now we know who the "stake holders" are.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by emmatok(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
CFCfan:

He was instrumental in ensuring that Nigeria attained the US CAT 1 status. This enabled our domestic airlines to fly directly to the US on Nigerian-registered aircraft.

Don't mind those tribal bigots.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 12:25am On Mar 13, 2013
texazzpete:

So what you're saying is, you've gone to the future, seen the report of the Dana air crash investigation and it fingers the NCAA head abi?

Nah, I thought not. You're just blowing hot air out of your arse.

Don't need to go into the future pal. This is simple deductive reasoning.

Was he head of NCCA? Yes

Is NCCA responsible for regulating airline operations? Yes

Was there a breach of regulations that led to the DANA crash? Yes, SEVERAL!

Was any appropriate step taken to correct said breach and avert disaster? NO, unfortunately.

Is he culpable for the brazen breach in regulations that occurred under his watch? VERY!

There you have it, that's common sense and objectivity for you. Anything less than that is partisan.

Sacking him is actually a good way of reducing the culpability and liability of the govt. in a lawsuit.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 13, 2013
this is a step in the wrong direction...sentiments aside this man- NCAA DG Dr Demuren in my opinion is three of prof Barth Nnaji combined!!! he will be sorely missed by naija.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by naptu2: 7:12am On Mar 13, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

expatiate....Hey dont soil ur good record here. This is restructuring not politics

Who told you I'm talking about GEJ's decision? I've already given my views about the decision. I'm referring to the crazy reactions on this board. The unnecessary insults, the attempts at spinning the decision this way or that way (based on silly ethnic loyalties, or blind party political affiliations). The attempts to destroy people's reputations, etc.

naptu2: To be fair, I can't blame GEJ for this. He did not want to sack Dr Demuren, despite intense pressure from the National Assembly, but when you are faced with a choice of retaining him and watching the National Assembly cause unnecessary delays and blockage of government’s aviation policies and removing him from office, but allowing him to continue to assist in the background, I believe it’s better to remove him.

Remember, although Azazi was removed from the position of National Security Adviser (due to pressure from PDP), he continued to advise GEJ unofficially.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Beam:

Did he? No.

Yes, for the records, he has been outstanding before and after the Dana incident. He has maintained quite an excellent record in terms of safety oversight functions in the Nigeria aviation sector. An accident can happen even when all necessary precautions are being taken... I'm sure you know what a human error is. You talk like you know exactly what caused the Dana incident, or are you being (mis)informed by someone? Do not slander
, God does not take it lightly.
Have you known he in 1995, was "forced" into
retirement as Director Safety Services because of his strict adherent to
Safety after a Government "restructuring"
exercise. And ten years later, he was appointed the DG? Pls be sure of who to blame, it takes an ignorant to cast blames to the wrong person.
Have a nice day
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Beam:

Was he head of NCCA? Yes

Was any appropriate step taken to correct said breach and avert disaster? NO, unfortunately.

Is he culpable for the brazen breach in regulations that occurred under his watch? VERY!

There you have it, that's common sense and objectivity for you. Anything less than that is partisan.

Sacking him is actually a good way of reducing the culpability and liability of the govt. in a lawsuit.

He's no DG of any NCCA, he is the DG of NCAA. Repeating this mistake severally in your posts gives you away as being too ignorant to judge a case like this.
Secondly, your deductions are not complete, and therefore can pass as null and void!
Your statement: "Was there a breach of regulations that led to the DANA crash? Yes, SEVERAL!" Did I hear you say NCAA? Then you must have time traveled into the future to confirm that.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Beam:

Was he head of NCCA? Yes

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:00am On Mar 14, 2013
My luv!:

Yes, for the records, he has been outstanding before and after the Dana incident. He has maintained quite an excellent record in terms of safety oversight functions in the Nigeria aviation sector. An accident can happen even when all necessary precautions are being taken... I'm sure you know what a human error is. You talk like you know exactly what caused the Dana incident, or are you being (mis)informed by someone? Do not slander
, God does not take it lightly.
Have you known he in 1995, was "forced" into
retirement as Director Safety Services because of his strict adherent to
Safety after a Government "restructuring"
exercise. And ten years later, he was appointed the DG? Pls be sure of who to blame, it takes an ignorant to cast blames to the wrong person.
Have a nice day

You are entirely missing the point. This' not about his records or qualification, it's a question of did he do anything wrong this time or not?

Accidents happen? Yes they do.

Even when all necessary precautions were taken? Of course, That's what qualifies them as *accidents*

What if the basic precautions taken were less than 100%? Then they become avoidable disasters that could have easily been prevented.

Consider a doctor who has been performing successful brain surgery for years, the very first day he endangers a patient by operating with his bare hands not covered by surgical gloves and in the process complicates the patient's condition thereby leading to his death, IT IS THAT SAME DAY he'll face the medical board for malfeasance and explain why he should retain his license. Never mind his sterling track record.

And in the same vein the CMD of the facility too is liable for administrative negligence if it appears from the evidence on ground that there was no system in place to check against this fundamental breach of professional ethics (and from all appearances in the DANA crash, it does appear that way). The onus is on Demuren now to prove he did have a working system in place to check against the type of breach in safety rules that led to DANA crash and the airline+pilot with their actions expressly breached all due process and misled officials in a way that increased vigilance would not have mattered.

See when you work with human lives, it's as much an enviable career as well as risky. You have to stay sharp at all times such that if accidents happen, it won't be as a result of what you could have done and didn't do or what u weren't supposed to do and u did.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 6:19am On Mar 14, 2013
My luv!:

He's no DG of any NCCA, he is the DG of NCAA. Repeating this mistake severally in your posts gives you away as being too ignorant to judge a case like this.
Secondly, your deductions are not complete, and therefore can pass as null and void!
Your statement: "Was there a breach of regulations that led to the DANA crash? Yes, SEVERAL!" Did I hear you say NCAA? Then you must have time traveled into the future to confirm that.

NCCA/NCAA? Oh well, my mistake.

And like I said earlier, u're entirely missing the point, This is NOT about me or my knowledge of NCAA, or indeed my relationship with Mr. Demuren. This is a simple matter of failure in corporate governance and breach of basic HSE principles and I don't have to be a consultant to NCAA for my common sense to deduce if there has been a breach or not.

Attacking my credibility based on the correct (or in this case incorrect) name of the parastatal is off track and typing the incorrect abbreviation of the name doesn't in any way prove the submission of an ethical breach wrong. Nor does it in any way constitute irrefutable proof of lack of knowledge of the organization (Note: knowledge that's not even needed to pass an informed opinion on a simple matter as basic precaution)

Do I have to know all about Julius Berger to be able to tell that if they don't take strict steps to ensure all workers and visitors in their yards are aPproproately kitted safely according to standards, then they are liable if an accident happens in said yard as a result of this breach?

Well now, it's up to Mr. Demuren to challenge the termination in a competent court and explain why he's not liable for the administrative lapses that allowed an aircraft with documented engine trouble take-off from an airport where NCAA has oversight function of preventing exactly things like this. Is that complete enough?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
The Beam:

NCCA/NCAA? Oh well, my mistake.

And like I said earlier, u're entirely missing the point, This is NOT about me or my knowledge of NCAA, or indeed my relationship with Mr. Demuren. This is a simple matter of failure in corporate governance and breach of basic HSE principles and I don't have to be a consultant to NCAA for my common sense to deduce if there has been a breach or not.

Attacking my credibility based on the correct (or in this case incorrect) name of the parastatal is off track and typing the incorrect abbreviation of the name doesn't in any way prove the submission of an ethical breach wrong. Nor does it in any way constitute irrefutable proof of lack of knowledge of the organization (Note: knowledge that's not even needed to pass an informed opinion on a simple matter as basic precaution)

Do I have to know all about Julius Berger to be able to tell that if they don't take strict steps to ensure all workers and visitors in their yards are aPproproately kitted safely according to standards, then they are liable if an accident happens in said yard as a result of this breach?

Well now, it's up to Mr. Demuren to challenge the termination in a competent court and explain why he's not liable for the administrative lapses that allowed an aircraft with documented engine trouble take-off from an airport where NCAA has oversight function of preventing exactly things like this. Is that complete enough?

Can you confirm the documented engine trouble? Anyways, it is still lawful to clear an aircraft with some known deficiencies to fly as stipulated by the law.
So, if you are claiming the recorded deficiency caused both engines of the aircraft to fail, then I suggest you come open so to help lessen the burden on the investigators.

Do you still have in memory the stated reason for his sack? What where the unanswered questions and when were the said questions asked? What a reason!

I still maintain it's purely politics. Giving the dog a bad name.......
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by talktimi(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
GEJ nominates Capt Akinkuotu as new NCAA Director General, waiting for senate aproval.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by TheBeam(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2013
My luv!:

Can you confirm the documented engine trouble? Anyways, it is still lawful to clear an aircraft with some known deficiencies to fly as stipulated by the law.
So, if you are claiming the recorded deficiency caused both engines of the aircraft to fail, then I suggest you come open so to help lessen the burden on the investigators.

Do you still have in memory the stated reason for his sack? What where the unanswered questions and when were the said questions asked? What a reason!

I still maintain it's purely politics. Giving the dog a bad name.......

Pal, u keep missing the point! A machine in good working order will never fail and the fail-safe fail too at once. Two good kidneys without a history of steady alchohol abuse can't suddenly fail! It's d "alchohol abuse" Monsieur Demuren was fired for.

Let him challenge the decision in court if he indeed ensured all regulations were complied with cos it'll be a wrongful termination of appointment and a crt can get him reinstated. Did I hear a "God knows best" there?

His silence alone is indicting sef
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Myluv1: 2:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
I think you are the one missing the point here.
I can tell you Dr. Demuren was sacked because some corrupt 'stakeholders' are aggrieved by his stance on due process. So for me, going to the courts means less and a total waste of his precious time because his tenure has expired quite some time ago. The president has the power to still sack him, even if he did nothing wrong, get it?

Remember, he was sacked because of "unsatisfactory response to the 'CONCERNS' of stakeholders in the aviation sector..." Or did you see Dana mentioned there as the reason? They already knew he can't be found wanting with any concrete reason, hence the vague reason stated for his sack.

Allow not sentiments to becloud your sense of judgment, and don't allow yourself to be misfed by some incomplete news around town.
Re: GEJ Fires Director-General Of NCAA, Demuren by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2013
The legacy of ms oduah

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Visit To Ekiti State (Photos) / Know The 81 Campaign Promises Of President Buhari / South-East Governors, Ohaneze Write Appreciation Letter To Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.