Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? (26249 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Males, Is It Right To Disrespect Your Girlfriend's Or Wife's Father? / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by freecocoa(f): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
vanitty:

Huh?
Now what is the correlation in what I wrote and what you wrote.
I am not going to be throwing any light jare darling freecocoa, long day at work already.
Read what I wrote well
I read what you wrote very well and I don't really understand it.

I'm just looking at what could lead to him disrespecting your mom na.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by colombiana: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
Different women different particular kind of fantasy a man job is to understand and knw which one is which dat tikles her fancy, actualize iT and it opens the door in which two bottons are there, loyalty botton and respects botton weneva u actualize it u just kip pushing the botton failure to do it na better curse u go receive weda na public or private some women nor mind
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by vanitty: 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
freecocoa: I read what you wrote very well and I don't really understand it.

I'm just looking at what could lead to him disrespecting your mom na.

I don't know as well o what will make him disrespect my mother but that is the deal breaker for me.
Just like finances etc could be it for some other ladies.
Beside, I thought we were giving scenarios. What if's etc.
If I read the topic wrong, I apologise jare. Silly me.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando:
Women are by nature very mild and men by nature are very aggressive( few exceptions )
99% of violent criminals and criminals of every kind are males
Any crime you hear about 99% of the time,the perpetrator is a male
In the same manner in the home,men are most likely to be the aggressors and the violent offenders so please dont blame us
Statistics like hips don't lie
If the police is called to your home,they will most likely be prepared to arrest a man and most times they are correct.
God made women loving nurturers ,men are something else Turn any newspaper to the crime section
For every single crime by a woman there are 50000 by a man

women are not necessarily less aggressive, they just tend to show their aggression in less physical ways. you are still living in the 17th century thinking only physical abuse constitutes domestic abuse. wake up, neighbour - there's verbal abuse and relational abuse. women just get pardoned a lot cos their hormones tend to rule over them than their common sense.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Elevation(m): 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
Its easier written than lived,i read some posts of ladies writing that under no circumstances would they disrespect their husbands well it starts from now how many young Nigerian ladies would want to be supportive? Dis days wah i see depicts only few ladies that are wife materials,most of dem just love and live the life of FANTASY,some Nigerian gals definitely need ORIENTATION.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by blackbeau1(f): 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
If he disrepects me with his words or actions,I'll just follow suit.afterall,if respect is reciprocal,then disrespect I figure should also be reciprocal
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
kimakazee: I love this lady! Pls if u hav a sister with ur attitude or u knw any pls let me knw cheiii ur husband is living d life ooo, i wish 2 b in his shoes.

I am sure her husband deserves it.

Make yourself a worthy husband and a sensible wife would go any length for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by biolabee(m): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
ammyluv2002: ...once a man is rich, no matter what he does, the wife is likely to forgive him aside that women forgive easily in marriage. Most homes are going thru a lot(abuse, cheating,etc) yet the woman remains calm.. Now, in the case of that woman maybe the man has been lazy, refused to work, refused getting another job or just depends on the wife's money because some men are like that so the woman has been keeping & providing for the family probably for years, it takes the spirit of God for that woman not to disrespect the man...we are all human and have limits so let's also see it from this angle. We might not really understand because we are not in her shoes but believe me, I don't think is easy especially when the man is lazy. Some women on the other hand are just mean, once there's no money everything changes that's why, we really have to relay on God when choosing a life partner because it goes more than the Physical. Is not all about beauty please choose your partners from the inside and above all consult your creator.

You are a honest woman

damn! some die hard feminists on NL suddenly turning plain disrespect due to no money to making it justified due to spousal abuse

Cheating... SMH was this called chaeating 80 years ago... you will rather drive him to the hands of the woman that knows the value of the man

coogar i support you, the man should move out of the house
when he makes it in life, the cobwebs down there will be of thick h.ymenic proportions
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Richy4(m): 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
If she was coming back from Church and unleash such attitude,that means one thing.the title of their message that day could be "ladies,if your husband cannot provide for you, and provide for your children,then he is worst than an infidel" she then came back to attack the infidel at home.and OP U were not supposed to witness that it is a spiritual exercise cheesy

seriously, if some ladies turns out to be the bread winner of the home,(husband or partner)be really really afraid. some misbehave when they earn more than you and will not be scared to rob it on your face during a little misunderstanding not to talk of when you have no job

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
nmagirl: i witnessed a similar thing at a salon one day. A lady just finished making hair when the husband came to meet her; with smiles on his face he told the wife that her hair-do is fine and wanted to touch it, to my utmost surprise, she slapped the husband's hand away telling him that he's not ashamed to touch a hair that a man like him paid for. It was so embarrassing, in fact shame leave the man catch me. Some women can be so mean; just because her husband lost his job.

Smh
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
danjkad: Nothing can ever make me disrespect my husband. God forbid bad tin

lol+1
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by dayokanu(m): 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
biolabee: coogar i support you, the man should move out of the house
when he makes it in life, the cobwebs down there will be of thick h.ymenic proportions

Thats the best thing. The guy should move out of the house probably to a new town or city where the wife wont be burdened by a "Useless husband"

And when he stabilizes himself he should stage a comeback with or without her
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
A lot of women would disrespect their husbands when he can't support the home financially because they are taught to see their husbands as Arms et al. The Bible says a man should provide but was money mentioned? Is money the only thing a man should provide? What if he loses his job, is he an infidel? What if he had a ghastly accident a year into the marriage, does he become an infidel?

A lot of men too do not provide anything in their marriages apart from money. What about direction? Leadership by [/bold]example[bold]? Prayers? Advise? Word of encouragement? Support etc? Do you really add value to your family apart from money?

What would make me disrespect my hubby?...
Disrespecting me intentionally by

Cheating on me
Abusing me (physically, emotionally, verbally, sexually)
Insulting my family
being unreliable.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by 5much(m): 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Money answereth all things- so says d bible. Wen u hv money, u'll get d desired respect from ur woman. No money means no respect to lots of ladies.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
This thread yet confirms that like everything in life respect is fleeting. On the one hand is the "if he disrespects himself" crowd, who are "waiting" for justification to exhibit their bad-manners. And then there's this;
bukatyne:

which I would like to believe is a joke.

BUt the truth and hard reality is that new generation wives do not respect their husbands. Simple. One does not even need to lose his job to be disrespected by his wife anymore, all it takes is "blame it on PMS." This is a major reason why marriage in this age is a waste of time. Women will generally only respect intrinsically masculine men< but what they (women/mothers) are grooming are effeminate "sensitive men", men who are not afraid to show their weaknesses. I say this to the men on here, hold on to your masculinity as much as is possible, practicable and reasonable. I assure you that the amount of respect your wife bequeaths you is proportional to the level of your mystery to her.

As for the laundry-doing husband, I say, "do what you gotta do".

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by DukeNija(m): 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando: Is the husband here complaining because he was doing laundry?
He has no job,why won't he do housework?
I hope he is also washing her clothes too ,doing dishes and pounding yam on a regular basis
He has to keep busy
An idle mind is the devils workshop

Nwando you are a BIG F.O.O.L!!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
nmagirl: i witnessed a similar thing at a salon one day. A lady just finished making hair when the husband came to meet her; with smiles on his face he told the wife that her hair-do is fine and wanted to touch it, to my utmost surprise, she slapped the husband's hand away telling him that he's not ashamed to touch a hair that a man like him paid for. It was so embarrassing, in fact shame leave the man catch me. Some women can be so mean; just because her husband lost his job.

Nmagirl, close your eyes next time to avoid miswitnessing stuffs wink

The woman has the guts to tell her hubby that another man paid for her hair? Is she really alright?

Some women lack common sense. I'm sure she will be feeling funky with herself and some cr.azy women like herself or pretenders who don't have the guts to look their abusive husbands in the eye would be hailing her.

I hope she is preparing to join Mr. Foolish lover man so she can keep patronizing the salon.

However, the husband might be reaping what he had sown.

Some people are wacked!
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by cowgurl: 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:
does it matter anymore?anyone who disrespects his/her significant half in public is a disgrace to the institution of marriage! i don't care what transpired - married folks should sort their problems privately and not let a 3rd party in their business.

@nwando - FYI I would have reacted likewise without having to hear from the hubby his own side of the story if it was a woman being disrespected (in any form you can think of), so murder that silly thought of yours whispering am here to take sides cos am not.

The emboldened post above is the reason for this thread - you have issues with your spouse, lock yourselves up and deal with it, you don't have to let all members of the Jehovah witness worldwide in on your smelly issues,we don't care.

What the wife fail to realise is - she didn't only belittle her hubby infront of us she also rubbished hersef and her future generation alongside so a loud shame on her.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Richy4(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
bukatyne:

I am just assuming that you are a teenager by your utterance who does not know the ups and downs of life.he lost his job due to some reason best known to them. how does that made him unworthy man/him deserving the insult .
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
fresh_dude: This thread yet confirms that like everything in life respect is fleeting. On the one hand is the "if he disrespects himself" crowd, who are "waiting" for justification to exhibit their bad-manners. And then there's this;which I would like to believe is a joke.

BUt the truth and hard reality is that new generation wives do not respect their husbands. Simple. One does not even need to lose his job to be disrespected by his wife anymore, all it takes is "blame it on PMS." This is a major reason why marriage in this age is a waste of time. Women will generally only respect intrinsically masculine men< but what they (women/mothers) are grooming are effeminate "sensitive men", men who are not afraid to show their weaknesses. I say this to the men on here, hold on to your masculinity as much as is possible, practicable and reasonable. I assure you that the amount of respect your wife bequeaths you is proportional to the level of your mystery to her.

As for the laundry-doing husband, I say, "do what you gotta do".

I believe my post is very explanatory...
A young man wishes to make a loving wife and I counsel him to be loving himself.

I'm sure you have heard respect begats respect;
Respect is reciprocal;
Respect is earned;

Same goes for disrespect too.

Change the kind of women you roll with.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Richy.:

I am just assuming that you are a teenager by your utterance who dose not know the ups and downs of life.he lost his job due to some reason best known to them. how did he deserve it .

What ups and downs old man?

If your brother wishes to find a good wife, would you not counsel him to be a good husband?

If your sister wishes to find a good husband, would you not counsel her to be a good wife?
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by free2ryhme: 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
OP WHY ARE YOU SPREADING MAN-WORSHIP AND CORRUPTING NIGERIANS!!! angry angry angry angry

CHRISTIANITY SURVIVES ON PLAYING WITH PEOPLES EMOTIONS!

u have no business here go meet your kind elsewhere
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by cowgurl: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando:
Because being married makes you immune to real human feelings
You switch off and switch on like ogbanje because u are married
A man can beat you black and blue and visitors show up ,you smile and bring them garden eggs because that is what is expected of you[\b]

Biko comot jare
What marital school did u attend that teaches that nonsense
This is the reason women pretend and remain in abusive unions and end up in early graves because of mindsets such as this

[b]SHe is punched in the eye and expected to tell people she walked into a wall or got hit by a ball since a husband must not be disrespected

Graveyards are filled with such women
You cannot blame this woman for anything
We don't know what she did or said and what prompted her utterances
We don't even know what the OP means by disrespect in this instant do we?

I didn't preach that - a man punches you in the eye, you tripple-punch him bak and whoever ends up six-feet under, may his or her soul rest in peace.
Regardless of gender, I do not support abuse in any kind.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by adewal15(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
It's sincerely a stupid mentality to think. *If he doesn't have money, he shouldn't expect due respect* I wondered if Love and Money had anything in common... Well women these days act in such rude manner even most of which are single.. Imagine wen they get married let alone bbecause he lost his job..
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by adewal15(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
Well I'm happy some girls here are talking responsibly.. Those married knows alot of who is wrong...
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by adewal15(m): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
It's reflects already in here days single ladies.. No money, no love.. *so disappointing* Buh flash keys even if it your house key looks like that of a Volvo car, thy are blushing already.... I wonder how Nigerians define Love when some are saying it's because he is not bouyant. . mtcheww..
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Richy4(m): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
bukatyne:

What ups and downs old man?

If your brother wishes to find a good wife, would you not counsel him to be a good husband?

If your sister wishes to find a good husband, would you not counsel her to be a good wife?

yes I will counsel my siblings to go for the best. the bottom line is finance. in this case,she could be the best wife; to the best of the man's knowledge. until he lost his job.that was the ups and downs of life. No matter how good you are, if you are facing financial difficulty, most friends will run away. peoples attitude towards you will change including the people you helped when the going was good. It has nothing to do with being a good wife/ husband.thing happens to good or bad people
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

u have no business here go meet your kind elsewhere

dont teach me my business. go do yours. repent and accept the Gods.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by platinum131(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

you are very correct -
marriage is not a do or die affair - she should leave him if she cannot stand it anymore. he's better off single than having a wife disrespect him. when fortune smiles on this man again, this yeye woman should start praying.......

she should leave ke , she should leave house that she is paying rent ke ? What is the man still doing there anyway? Why cant he just leave since theres no more respect instead of playing the victim?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by cowgurl: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
And yes, I can be disrespectful to my hubby[b]if[/b] he cheats on me or be abusive to me in any form but I won't be caught dead spraying his smelly linen in public - not me.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by cowgurl: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando: Is the husband here complaining because he was doing laundry?
He has no job,why won't he do housework?
I hope he is also washing her clothes too ,doing dishes and pounding yam on a regular basis
He has to keep busy
An idle mind is the devils workshop
grin this cracked me up, LOL.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
bukatyne:

I believe my post is very explanatory...
A young man wishes to make a loving wife and I counsel him to be loving himself.

I'm sure you have heard respect begats respect;
Respect is reciprocal;
Respect is earned;

Same goes for disrespect too.

Change the kind of women you roll with.
Of course, your post explains itself, and on some twisted level it makes sense. As a parallel is a woman who deserves being uppercut from her husband, afterall why would a sane man southpaw his wife if there isn't a good enough justifiable reason! And no, you have no idea what sort of women I roll with. I'm sure this post is self explanatory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cobbler And His Wife Welcome Triplets In Uyo, Cry For Help (pics) / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.