Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife (25594 Views)

See These And Decide If You Still Want To Have Plenty Kids / Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please

12 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
Waiting to read their hypocritical comments .

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
I will also value your opinion or experience.
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocrital comments .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
Monman56:
I will also value your opinion or experience.
The right people will answer you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

250 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right charcater is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

217 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by fineboynl(m): 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
There are beautiful girls with good characters. Just that the world is now very spoiled due to internet and bad influence.

If you find a beautiful girl and a character that matches your liking. Soon you will find other things about her that will irritates you, we are humans so na manage we de manage people.

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by pansophist(m): 11:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.

374 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by 1Sharon(f): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
IconicR:
Waiting to read their hypocrital comments .

Character over beauty? 😂 Yeah right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Dizzyyish: 1:18am On Jul 18, 2023
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by onumadu: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2023
Most men would choose good character while still eying that beautiful woman. lol
As long as we assume ONE WIFE, that is why men cheat.
Else, a man would marry that good woman, and then support her with the trophy wife. cool
That is why monogyny/monogamy (compulsory one wife) is NOT natural.

20 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:40am On Jul 18, 2023
Monman56:
Very true but again do you realise that some people's perception of beauty changes over time. Like a not so beautiful lady can become beautiful in a person's eyes after some years of acceptance and also some ladies can become ugly to some people because of consistent awful character

true, but we all know that the first impression is what gets you to notice someone to remotely wanna get to know them... and that 1st impression is solely physical.... nobody sees an ugly girl and says:" let me get close to this woman and see if she has good character", that doesnt happen... your beauty/sex appeal is what will get someone to notice you FIRST, thats the initial foundation that you will use to build a r/ship with that person, and although you need other foundations to make a great r/ship stand the time, beauty (aka physical attraction) is a well needed foundation.

yes, beauty fades but by then, the r/ship you have built is so strong (thanks to other foundations that support you r/ship), that even if beauty is gone completely, you would still want to be with that person.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 18, 2023
1Sharon:

Character over beauty? 😂 Yeah right.
Exactly 😂😂😂
Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Justkatty(f): 6:29am On Jul 18, 2023
pansophist:
Character is everlasting, beauty is fleeting. That's why you must choose character above looks.

And even if you get your beauty standards, her beauty will become the new normal, just as your novel gadgets become ordinary. If her character is not right, she will quickly transform into the ugliest woman in the world.

Most importantly, the true meaning of marriage is tieing yourself with someone competent, so that you can both become stronger, and formidable together. Beauty cant look after you when you are sick for example, but a woman with a good character.

If marriage is a ship, then the couples are the sailors. In the midst of the storm, a beautiful sailor is useless, but you need a competent (think character) one that can sail with you and prevent the ship from sinking.

If you want to go far in life, you need an ally that will traverse this journey of life with you, and character is the engine of it.
You write like a poet.

43 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by MrHighSea: 8:01am On Jul 18, 2023
So there're people contemplating Beauty over character?

You can cleanup ugliness out, prolly 50k monthly,

Try that with character, you'll lose weight, later your mind and finally your life.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by LivingSage: 10:01am On Jul 18, 2023
We look for beauty only at tender age but as we age, we have different perceptions towards our desires.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Monman56: 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin.... Money cannot repair some face oh
MrHighSea:
So there're people contemplating Beauty over character?

You can cleanup ugliness out, prolly 50k monthly,

Try that with character, you'll lose weight, later your mind and finally your life.

13 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by pansophist(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2023
Justkatty:
You write like a poet.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jewessgratitud3: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
it should never be character over beauty.... but instead beauty WITH the right character. choosing an ugly wife that has the right character is as useless as having a beautiful dumb wife

You can't always have it all in one package. So you'll have to chose either beauty over character or vice versa.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Jewessgratitud3: 8:00am On Jul 19, 2023
It's funny how most men place character over beauty and the next minute they are out there shouting fine girl come " and even when the fine girl" says get lost! They'll still be chasing her regardless. Lol 😂 😂. Umu nwoke, make una dey talk true.

A male colleague of mine once told me he would rather marry a beautiful ogbanje girl than marry an ugly girl with good character and he was serious about it. Hian!

13 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Kingosytex(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
We can continue to deceiving ourselves, outward beauty is as important as character cheesy
In fact, outward beauty attracts you to a person before the character is ascertained.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Mase2020g(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Peace of mind

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by ojmaroni247(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hmm..Character over beauty is best. Many men are married but still feel lonely. You are looking for a life partner not a show off. Beauty gets her marriage character sends her back to her fathers house.

Character over beauty any day,I can't be suffering and smilling

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by DrWorries: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023

Zealot s78 boombox SPEAKERs 🏁

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Billionaire2: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Arranged Marriage 👍
They say it’s outdated?? But it worked for me and I’m glad. I call it the ‘Kanu Nwankwo Style’
I never dated my wife for one day… came back to Nigeria wanted to marry, family arranged recommended her and everything went well. …. Some say luck🍀

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by IboHausaYoruba: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Marriage is a long term commitment and adventure that's likely to last till death. No man will mostly marry a woman simply because she has nyash or large front, beauty and shapes are secondary. When a man is ready to choose a life partner, consideration for happiness and above all mutual respect for one another top the wishlists, chemistry and loyalty. You see all those curves ehn! They are only suitable as girlfriends or sidechicks. Many of them have got nothing upstairs. That is why one keeps seeing average-looking-ladies getting married every Saturday and the curvy ones have no serious suitors. I'm not condemning beauty (ofcourse every woman is). You see those curvy women? Majority of them are full of pride, believing their nyash and fine face is all it takes, they believe their shapes will always open doors for them, forgetting most men running after them are just after chewing their own bite and go.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by AntiChristian: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
No one is perfect!

Look for someone you'll like something so much about come rain come sun!

Religion plus Region plus Character plus beauty

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by opalu: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
When the first courtship showed me where, I didn't need anyone to tell me to leave beauty to chase character. After 16 years, I have seen that, that lady is not even beautiful as I thought. She exploded in size ehnn. Kudos to her husband lolz

22 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by masterfactor(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
The day she showed me her true colors. Character over beauty anytime, anyday

17 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Neddstark: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
After Osas that Benin girl show me shege that year. Character na everything my brother o

15 Likes

Re: Why Did You Finally Decide Character Over Beauty When Picking Your Wife by Fortune118005(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Monman56:
I have very high specifications I want from my to be woman and I know its difficult to find. What point did you decide to settle for Character over beauty or did you get the high requirements you wanted.

No insults please
Beauty can fade away at old age but character remains.
Modified: No woman is ugly, every woman is beautiful. Physical beauty without character is equal to annoyance and hatred. So, beauty is not by physical appearance only, good character is the real beauty.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Refuses To Take Child To Hospital After Blood Flowed To Her Head.See Why.PIC / Help! Am I Wrong Asking My Wife To Talk To Her Mum / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Twins After 13 Years Of Waiting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.