Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37621 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 20
Last question for today

Which garment has thorns in its interior?
Garment of Torment
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
U didn't undastand d question
k...is der stl ani update 4 2dai
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Let me update d story now...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hope thanked the Sage for his responses to his demands and the old man in turn turned his face towards the sky to thank Father Creator. Thereafter, he said to Hope, “My son, just as you said thanks to me before and after your requests, so do I to my Creator.”
As Hope turned to leave, the Sage called his name.
“I’m sorry for letting you stay too long with Mr. Oppressor.” The priest was sobbing.
“How do you mean, Father?” Hope asked shockingly.
“If Dwarf Faith had rescued you the first time he reached the Hut, then you would not have received much torture, torment and oppression, but for my mistake. Please, accept my apology.”
“You owe me no apology, father,” Hope replied critically. “If I’d not tired out myself by trying to embark upon the journey to that unknown island called Greatness, I’d have remained without a hurt.”
“Blame it not on trying, my boy,” the man replied. “Blame it on taking Vulnerability along with you, who allowed the hurters to catch up with you. Vulnerability cannot get to the Island of Greatness.”
“But you confessed he could!” Hope barged in.
“Only if he could discover the ability in him,” the Sage completed his sentence. “It’s only the ability spelt out from Vulnerability that can get him into the Island. Tell him this. Hope, also know that you might not get to the Island of Greatness if you give room to Doubt who could make you doubt the reality of the realities you have both heard and seen.” Hope thanked the old man for his revelation and the man, in turn, turned around and turned his face towards the sky to thank his Creator.
“Hope, just as you thanked me before and after your requests, so do I thank my father before and after requesting anything from him,” the man confessed.
Hope left the presence of the Sage happily, this time whistling homeward, forgetting that the Valley of the Shadow of Death could be dangerous, but the Sage remained, soliloquizing:
“My dear Hopefulness: full of the hope of making it to the Island of Greatness. If Hopefulness, the hope of this hopeless town, had accepted the hopeless doctrines of this town, then the Happy-Go-Luckers would have begun a friendly relationship with Hope, yet without hope. But because Hope wouldn’t believe their doctrines, they keep hoping to see him dead.”
“Hope, the tissues of your issues shall not bear the issue of blood. You shall have kings as your kinsmen to guide you daily and knights shall you have as your guards at night. You shall sit with kings and you shan’t be thrown away from your throne. And you shall be called upon to present presents to princes in the presence of popular presidents and prime ministers. For your patience in getting to the Island, Patience shall tarry for you in the Court of Courtship in the Island. Though you may get into hardship, yet your hard ship shall neither sink nor capsize, but it may shatter only if you allow fear, yet a soul shall not be lost. Hope, the Bridge of Influence shall you build and your influence shall make many here reach the Island of Greatness.”
“Hopefulness, for being industrious, your statements shall count and countless industries shall be built in your name: the Estate of Hope shall they establish in the states in the Island of Greatness. Your talent shall fetch you millions of talents of silver in the Island and your pictures shall they etch on their golden coins and cowries in millions. Houseflies shall not perforate your butter, but butterflies shall decorate your house in the island. Truly, you shan’t have any dealings with houseflies, but flying houses shall you ride. You shall not join multitude to commit in*cest and thereafter burn the Incense of Nonsense for atonement, and you shall not hanker after the handkerchief of chief Mischief in the Island, but you shall sever yourself to persevere in the several doctrines you have heard in my temple. Though you may fall with a great fall in the Island, but you’ll rise twice as tall, and your adversaries shall attend your famed anniversaries with shame. Those who cannot read and write in the left and right part of this town shall read aright and write aright with their left and right hands at your sight and your corrections shall bring about the erections of the erring ones.”
“O my Hope! You know the hopeless state of your people, therefore I request, lead your tribesmen to the conquest of the race that shall hereafter make a league with Mr. Oppressor to ruin this town, but do this with peace and patience and not with violence, and send the evil race racing back to their towns and cities. Then shall you be an eponym to this town at its rebirth.”
“Oh Islanders, the sweetness and riches of the earth you have gathered for yourselves alone, forgetting to enrich the poor with them. Many souls, having reached the Island of Greatness, had refused to bridge the gap between the poor and themselves, but had allowed Mr. Greed to indoctrinate them with his doctrines. I fear that the width of the River of Achievement would soon get so wide to become an ocean, and then it will become very difficult for the poor to reach the Island. But I hope to see Hopefulness build the Bridge of Influence someday.”
“O, how I’ve longed to see the day Hopefulness, the hope of this town, would turn around the idle brains to a museum of ideas and produce sense from nonsense. How I wish to witness the day Limitation would give heed to Hope to have her name changed to Illumination, Mediocrity to Meditation, Badmanner to Goodmanner, Vulnerability to Ability, Standaloof to Standout and ultimately, Happy-Go-Lucky to Island of Hope. If such days be long, then my days on earth shall be long too to witness it. Then I shall fain to remain a sane saint to gain the fainting hearts of the dainty souls in this domain.”
“Thou Mother Witch, none shall slay you but the wickedness of your wicked bosom himself. If you hadn’t laid down the lives of many highly esteemed youths willing to get to the Island, then the highly esteemed Island would have been teeming with a great team of souls from here. How I desire to witness the day your wickedness would slay you and put your hoary head off thy neck, just as did you to many gentle-looking innocent dreamers in this town afore time. Though the hope of staying alive might appear to you suddenly at your trying time, yet it shall not happen, because your slayer shall smite you rapidly and leave your remains to be fed upon by the wild birds.” The man rested his speech after realising that he was alone, and then he added, “I withdraw my wits since I’m without an eyewitness here to witness the fulfillments of these wits within my withering soul.” He turned to face his cottage whose facade was far from being attractive.
Hope was still a long distance away from his home when he cast his mind to the thought of Gooddream, Goodwill and Goodwish whom he hadn’t thought about since his abduction by the hurters. With smiles, he decided to trek the long mile to their home to seek them. He was perplexed when he discovered that they were not in. Hope almost ran amuck after using discretion to guess that they hadn’t returned since the time they were all beaten to unconsciousness on the way to the Island of Greatness. He feared that they had passed on through their unconscious states, or some wild beasts, especially vultures, had torn them apart for food, taking them for dead ones.
Hope headed homeward in grave silence as he muttered, “Without Goodwill, Goodwish and Gooddream, my life is incomplete. They are the only friends I’ve got in this town. Now they’re dead!”
Hope reached his home and lay cold on the clay floor, tempted to cover himself with the Blanket of Restriction. He had not arrived for too long when Limitation silently crept in. She smiled to herself as she reached for the blanket. Without thinking twice, she laid the Blanket of Restriction on Hope’s body, but this time, Hope yielded no reaction.
“You’ll sleep till Doubt comes,” she spoke, laughing.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Let me update d story now...
tnk u
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks for participating today
Karev 26
Legend 25

Pls don't cover urself wt d blanket of restriction as u re coin to bed o...else e go make u slp till Doubt go come.
Gudnite! cheesy
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Thanks for participating today
Karev 26
Legend 25

Pls don't cover urself wt d blanket of restriction as u re coin to bed o...else e go make u slp till Doubt go come.
Gudnite! cheesy
Gud nyt
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 19
Where did the inferior feelings of Hope's ancestor lead them?
dilapidation dwellingplace.
Gud nyt peeps.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Gud day
Hope you had a sound sleep.
I bless God for keeping us all alive to see this day. My prayer is that God will show us His mercy today. Amen.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2013
First question for today
Question 21

Who are the cousins of Mr Cheat?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: First question for today
Question 21

Who are the cousins of Mr Cheat?
Conceit and Deceit
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2013
let everyday be a luv u can feel, let everyday be a dream you can touch, let everyday be a reason to live cos life is beautiful.... Good morning house. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2013
mawnin all
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2013
Karev_wite: mawnin all
morning karev, sammy, michael. And every body else.

3 Likes

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
...story continuation...
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
MR. DOUBT’S WITS

At noon, Doubt arrived as expected and the first speech he made was, “I hope Hope is not hoping to leave this town to live in that island anymore.” With broad smiles, Limitation replied, “He can’t do that, not when he has me Limitation as a mother.” She smote her chest confidently, then Mr. Doubt creamed his mouth with smiles as he said, “I trust you Lim.” However, on a second thought, he changed his speech and said, “I doubt if your physical strength of restriction can restrict Hope. He will surely slip out of your slippery hands while you’re sleeping one night, just as Alacrity did and leaped into the open lips of the Octopus of Trouble.”
“Trust me brother,” replied Limitation confidently. “I don’t blink my eyes anymore,” she added as she blinked her eyes rapidly to get rid of a grungy housefly that had just descended on her eyelashes.
“You can’t know what Hope could do these days,” Doubt replied. “In a twinkling of an eye, he could sneak out of this roof to meet the Sage, and in a wrinkling of a face, he could return filled to the brim with the doctrines of the Sage.” Limitation laughed and said, “Trust me. I wouldn’t let him lie without covering him up with the blanket I inherited from Restriction our distant foremother.”
“Now where is he?” asked Doubt as though disinterested in his sister’s speech.
“Still lying down there sleeping,” she replied.
“Sleeping till noon?” exclaimed Mr. Doubt. “I doubt if he’s not dead by now.”
“I won’t tell a lie, you know.”
“I can’t believe it if I don’t see it,” Doubt uttered his common slogan sluggishly, accentuating each word. “Can you let me into his room?”
“Why not?” Limitation led her brother into Hope’s room. Doubt saw it and was shocked, having not seen Hope lying down at noon before. Mediocrity joined them with Standaloof in his arms and Vulnerability behind.
“In-law, you’re already here,” said Mediocrity with delight. “I heard voices, so I came in here.”
“You’ve seen me, so then—I’m here,” replied Doubt. At his order, Limitation pulled the blanket off Hope’s body and the boy yawned, stretched, sneezed and sighed as he opened his long-shut eyes.
“Little Hope,” Doubt called him.
“I’m not little anymore,” Hope spoke tiredly, but Doubt laughed and said, “You’re the most little of all in this little town, sleeping like a little baby. Haven’t you heard the crow of the time? It’s noon already, yet you keep sprawling there. If Lim has left you alone, I can assure that you’ll keep sleeping till the completion of my school, the Doubt School of Thought, on the premise of Despair my father, your grandfather.”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Michaellegend:
Conceit and Deceit
Correct!
Now you're on top!
Mlegend 28pts
Karev 26pts
Damex 15pts
Joseph 1pt
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2013
I answered a question but you DIDN'T give me the points, i know nobody answered it including you.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
Damex333: I answered a question but you DIDN'T give me the points, i know nobody answered it including you.
The answer you gave is wrong, that's why.I will go and quote the question now and put d correct answer.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Damex333: dilapidation dwellingplace.
Gud nyt peeps.
The question says: Where did the inferior feelings of Hope's ancestor lead them?
The answer is The Unstable stable. So here's d new table.
Sammyhoe 100pts( cos d question tough non carry 100pts put for head. grin
Mlegend 28pts
Karev 26pts
Damex 15pts
Joseff14 1pt
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 19
Where did the inferior feelings of Hope's ancestor lead them?
Answer: the Unstable stable
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
The question says: Where did the inferior feelings of Hope's ancestor lead them?
The answer is The Unstable stable. So here's d new table.
Sammyhoe 100pts( cos d question tough non carry 100pts put for head. grin
Mlegend 28pts
Karev 26pts
Damex 15pts
Joseff14 1pt
U suppose tell us yestaday say d question na 100pts nah
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
...story continuation...
Hope yawned the second time as he lifted his head up to view the sky through the roof. He sensed the truth in the ache ringing in his head and in the position of the sun in the sky.
“Impossible!” he yelled. “How can this happen?”
“There’s possibility in your impossibility, Hope,” Doubt replied. “If you weren’t asleep, then there could have been no way I’d sneak into your room. Remember, you’ve not been hospitable enough to permit me step my heavy toes into your room.”
“Yes, uncle Doubt, I can never give room for such.”
“But you’ve done that already, Hope,” laughed Limitation and Doubt. “The worst you can do now is to vacate your room for me,” Doubt added and Hope yelled, “Impossible!”
Mediocrity handed Standaloof over to Vulnerability and took a seat beside Hope. He put an arm on Hope’s back and spoke to him softly, “Hope, we all love you. That’s why we want to keep you away from the rivers, especially from the River of Achievement.”
“We don’t want you dead,” added Limitation.
“But Father Sage said—”
“Hey, don’t bring Sage into this!” Hope was sharply rebuked by Doubt. The man turned to his sister and said, “Didn’t I tell you that in a twinkling of your eyes this boy could sneak to the Dotage cottage? Don’t you think the old priest indoctrinated him of recent?”
“But I was keeping my eye on him,” Limitation spoke up in wonderment but Hope was quick to say, “Mum, your limiting strength isn’t capable of limiting me. I sneaked out last night to tell the Sage a word of thanks and to ask him questions about Father Creator the invisible one.” Limitation’s mouth went wide in bewilderment. She almost drooled as she gawked incredulously into Hope’s eyes.
“Lim, can you now see the proof of the authenticity of my utterances?” Doubt smiled proudly. “I said it, you doubted it, and now the truth is brought to limelight.”
When Limitation recovered from her shock, she vowed to limit the span of the twinkles of her eyes by not winking at all. However, Doubt didn’t attack her speech this time, but only advised that speaking sense (nonsense) into Hope’s head was the only way to melt and mellow him.
“Now it’s your duty, father of our son, to speak to your son,” Limitation spoke to her husband. Mediocrity took the centre-stage as he said, “Hope, the Island of Greatness isn’t safe for you. The risk you face on your way is even too much for you to make you have a rethink. You might die at the sight of the tides of the river, let alone diving into it.”
“Father Sage said there are no tides in the River of Achievement, but instead, a glad tiding after gliding through it,” Hope differed.
“Tides or no tides, have you forgotten how Alacrity died?” Mediocrity spoke with a wrinkled face but Hope was quick to reply, “He died in the forbidden River of Haste and not in the River of Achievement.” Mediocrity was short of words and Limitation noticed it. To save him, she turned to her brother and said, “Let’s allow my brother to take over.” As an afterthought, Doubt asked, “You said you went to the Dotage cottage to thank Sage.”
“Yes of course! For sending Dwarf Faith to rescue me.”
“Why thanking him for that?” asked Doubt in puzzlement. “A task not accomplished isn’t worth a word of thanks.”
“But it was accomplished,” Hope impugned. “Little Faith did set me free.”
Mr. Doubt burst out, laughing.
“Funny Hope,” he spoke amidst his laughter. “That tiny thing died a painful death. He crawled to the frontage of this house before the ghost in him gave up the ghost. He died by the mortal pains of the darts.”
“He did not die by the Fiery Darts,” Hope argued. “In fact, he’s yet alive, hale and hearty.”
“Keep quiet, Hope!” Doubt hollered. “Everyone here, including Standaloof, can testify to this fact.”
Hope laughed and asked, “If indeed he had died here, then show me his corpse.” Hope’s demand set Limitation and Mediocrity into confusion, but Doubt laughed it over and replied, “By common sense, Hope, you should know that the ants would have carried it away.”
“And by uncommon sense, uncle, you should know that ants cannot bear the weight of something as heavy as Dwarf Faith,” Hope replied.
“Enough!” yelled Limitation. “Vulnerability can testify to it that the Dwarf’s Shield of Faith was handed over to Father Sage by him. Why? Because the dwarf has died before his shield arrived.”
“Mum, I can assure you that Vulnerability didn’t move an inch to deliver the shield to Father Sage. Instead, he helped Dwarf Faith get up to his feet, gave him the shield and followed him.”

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
Michaellegend:
U suppose tell us yestaday say d question na 100pts nah
Ha! Ha! Ha!
LWKMD grin grin grin sad grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Question 22
What is the name of the hostel inside the Slander School of Thought?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 22
Hostility hostel
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 22
hostility
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: ...story continuation...
Hope yawned the second time as he lifted his head up to view the sky through the roof. He sensed the truth in the ache ringing in his head and in the position of the sun in the sky.
“Impossible!” he yelled. “How can this happen?”
“There’s possibility in your impossibility, Hope,” Doubt replied. “If you weren’t asleep, then there could have been no way I’d sneak into your room. Remember, you’ve not been hospitable enough to permit me step my heavy toes into your room.”
“Yes, uncle Doubt, I can never give room for such.”
“But you’ve done that already, Hope,” laughed Limitation and Doubt. “The worst you can do now is to vacate your room for me,” Doubt added and Hope yelled, “Impossible!”
Mediocrity handed Standaloof over to Vulnerability and took a seat beside Hope. He put an arm on Hope’s back and spoke to him softly, “Hope, we all love you. That’s why we want to keep you away from the rivers, especially from the River of Achievement.”
“We don’t want you dead,” added Limitation.
“But Father Sage said—”
“Hey, don’t bring Sage into this!” Hope was sharply rebuked by Doubt. The man turned to his sister and said, “Didn’t I tell you that in a twinkling of your eyes this boy could sneak to the Dotage cottage? Don’t you think the old priest indoctrinated him of recent?”
“But I was keeping my eye on him,” Limitation spoke up in wonderment but Hope was quick to say, “Mum, your limiting strength isn’t capable of limiting me. I sneaked out last night to tell the Sage a word of thanks and to ask him questions about Father Creator the invisible one.” Limitation’s mouth went wide in bewilderment. She almost drooled as she gawked incredulously into Hope’s eyes.
“Lim, can you now see the proof of the authenticity of my utterances?” Doubt smiled proudly. “I said it, you doubted it, and now the truth is brought to limelight.”
When Limitation recovered from her shock, she vowed to limit the span of the twinkles of her eyes by not winking at all. However, Doubt didn’t attack her speech this time, but only advised that speaking sense (nonsense) into Hope’s head was the only way to melt and mellow him.
“Now it’s your duty, father of our son, to speak to your son,” Limitation spoke to her husband. Mediocrity took the centre-stage as he said, “Hope, the Island of Greatness isn’t safe for you. The risk you face on your way is even too much for you to make you have a rethink. You might die at the sight of the tides of the river, let alone diving into it.”
“Father Sage said there are no tides in the River of Achievement, but instead, a glad tiding after gliding through it,” Hope differed.
“Tides or no tides, have you forgotten how Alacrity died?” Mediocrity spoke with a wrinkled face but Hope was quick to reply, “He died in the forbidden River of Haste and not in the River of Achievement.” Mediocrity was short of words and Limitation noticed it. To save him, she turned to her brother and said, “Let’s allow my brother to take over.” As an afterthought, Doubt asked, “You said you went to the Dotage cottage to thank Sage.”
“Yes of course! For sending Dwarf Faith to rescue me.”
“Why thanking him for that?” asked Doubt in puzzlement. “A task not accomplished isn’t worth a word of thanks.”
“But it was accomplished,” Hope impugned. “Little Faith did set me free.”
Mr. Doubt burst out, laughing.
“Funny Hope,” he spoke amidst his laughter. “That tiny thing died a painful death. He crawled to the frontage of this house before the ghost in him gave up the ghost. He died by the mortal pains of the darts.”
“He did not die by the Fiery Darts,” Hope argued. “In fact, he’s yet alive, hale and hearty.”
“Keep quiet, Hope!” Doubt hollered. “Everyone here, including Standaloof, can testify to this fact.”
Hope laughed and asked, “If indeed he had died here, then show me his corpse.” Hope’s demand set Limitation and Mediocrity into confusion, but Doubt laughed it over and replied, “By common sense, Hope, you should know that the ants would have carried it away.”
“And by uncommon sense, uncle, you should know that ants cannot bear the weight of something as heavy as Dwarf Faith,” Hope replied.
“Enough!” yelled Limitation. “Vulnerability can testify to it that the Dwarf’s Shield of Faith was handed over to Father Sage by him. Why? Because the dwarf has died before his shield arrived.”
“Mum, I can assure you that Vulnerability didn’t move an inch to deliver the shield to Father Sage. Instead, he helped Dwarf Faith get up to his feet, gave him the shield and followed him.”
lol i luv ds conversation...sami hw mani update do we ve per day
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Karev_wite: lol i luv ds conversation...sami hw mani update do we ve per day
I don't know o. It depends on how you much ginger I receive to fuel me. U know evrytin in life nid fuel nah wink
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
In fact Karev, I am inspired by ur ccomment just now. So I'm dedicating d next update 2 U
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
####****T wink Karev_Wite**** shocked shocked
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
####****T wink Karev_Wite**** shocked shocked
Limitation, Mediocrity and Doubt guffawed at Hope’s speech but Vulnerability’s eyeballs were left to hide in the corners of their sockets for fear as his lips and hips quivered.
Doubt stared at Vulnerability whose cadaverous look and timid eyes would always give him up to being despised by many. They had taken him for an invertebrate human.
“Vulne isn’t fit to get himself up to his feet, so how then was he fit to get another to his feet?” Doubt spoke up at last.
“I don’t know,” confessed Hope. “He’s here, ask him.” Vulnerability jittered as Limitation turned to him. He bobbed his head nervously like a remanded robber anticipating severe reprimand. However, Limitation spoke to him harshly, “Vulne, did you get Faith up indeed and follow him?” Vulnerability allowed silence to prevail a little moment before responding “No!”
“I—I walked to the Dotage cottage and gave the s—shield to t—the priest,” he lied. Hope’s mouth went wide as he rubbed his palm against his face twice in disbelief.
“Hope,” Doubt called. “Hope you heard him. I guess you’ve run mad. Perhaps, the too much knowledge you’ve obtained in the Knowledge School of Thought have made you mad.” Hope seemed not to have heard his uncle’s speech, having focused his whole attention on his brother whose lips had just uttered a lie. He soon gained courage to speak.
“Vulne, Father Sage says, speak the truth, not a lie. If you lie, then you’ll die. Do you want to die early like Alacrity?” Hope’s speech sent gargantuan fear down his brother’s spine. Immediately, he went down on his knees and wept.
“What is going on here?” Doubt was confused, but his confusion soon vanished when Vulnerability began to confess, “I don’t want to die young. I’ll speak the truth now. I helped Dwarf Faith to remove all the darts on his skin and then he had the Shield of Faith with which he set Hope free thereafter.”
“Hey! What do you mean?” Doubt challenged. “Are you mad too?”
“That’s the truth, uncle,” replied Vulnerability, sobbing, but Doubt responded, “I doubt it. I doubt if your strength could carry you to carry out such feat. The dwarf’s rough skin is too tough for you to get those darts out of them.”
“I doubted my ability initially too, but little Faith told me that with him by me I could do all things, and then I found it possible.”
“Nonsense!” Doubt yelled at him. “Everyone here’s getting crazy!” In annoyance, the man rushed out of the room but Limitation went after him to lure him back.
“Brother, you’re the only one who could silence the urge in Hope to embark upon that pilgrimage. Just come over.” She pulled him.
“How do you mean?” he asked. “I doubt if anyone can stop Hope from venturing into that dangerous adventure.”
“Brother, only you can do it,” Limitation psyched him up. “I found it out last night.”
“How?”
“Hope confessed it himself. He said it’s only the impact of your words that makes him weak, not even the Hurt from the hurters.”
Doubt stood for seconds in silence, but with tumultuous noises ringing in his brain. At last, he settled for the belief that Limitation’s confession was right. He smiled.
“Let’s get back,” he accepted and the two returned to Hope’s room.
“Hope, the Island of Greatness is too dangerous for you,” Mediocrity spoke. “You will be without your dad and mum if you eventually make it there. There will be no Limitation to prevent you from dangers and there will be no me to inculcate simplicity in you. Furthermore, the pressure of fame will hit you hard from right and left and your enemies shall multiply ten times. Therefore Hope my son, consider these thoughts and let the advent of today’s event prevent you from venturing into the adventure.”
“I’ve heard all your talks father,” Hope replied. “But I’ve not accepted any.”
“But why?” Mediocrity almost wept.
“Because they don’t appeal to me. I’ve considered those thoughts too when I was in the Simpleminded School of Thought. But those days when I began to sneak into KSOT, I jettisoned them for a second thought. I’ve weighed those thoughts on the Scale of Preference invented by Mr. Preference the student counsellor of the KSOT, but they came out to be light negative excuses for trying to avoid a positive move. A far weightier thought is this: not what others will do for you that matters, but what you will do for others. I could remember, during break periods in the Knowledge School of Thought, we would all sit together to feed on this Food for Thought cooked up by Mr. Experience. Here it goes: pressure is sure to press you down but you will create impression if you could cope with it.”
“Cope with pressure?” asked Mediocrity. “You can’t handle it!”
“Which pressure is as intense as Mr. Oppressor’s?” Hope replied. “Yet I coped with it. Though his heavy arms are covered in vain veins, I coped with them.”
“But Mr. Oppressor’s pressure is only one out of a million,” Mediocrity spoke. “In your said Island, there will be millions of pressures—peer pressure, political pressure, public pressure, private pressure, psychological pressure and more. As I said before, you’ll incur more enemies than friends if you refuse to yield to these pressures.” Hope laughed and said, “How would I incur more enemies when I’m not an evildoer? I’ll be kind to all, meek and coolheaded, seeking everyone’s good. By so doing, I’ll attract friends, not enemies. Ultimately, I’ll live to please Father Creator, perhaps by so doing he’ll make my enemies to be at peace with me, according to Father Sage’s singsong.”
“Keep quiet father and son!” Mr. Doubt barged in rudely. “There’s no single sense in your talks. To say the truth, you both speak like the foolish ones attending Mr. Nonsense’s Fools’ School of Thought,” Doubt lambasted further.
“Don’t get crossed brother,” Limitation pleaded critically and faced her husband with style, beckoning on him to keep shut for Doubt to speak.
“I’m sorry In-law,” pleaded Mediocrity. “I’ll learn from you.”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sammy Hoe: In fact Karev, I am inspired by ur ccomment just now. So I'm dedicating d next update 2 U
yeeepeee!...tnk u sammie...am gr8ful

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Scents Of Lust / The Charismatic Charlie Wade (novel) / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.