Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37484 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
THE AFFLICTIONS OF THE GOODS IN THE WOODS

The Goods had grown ill and careworn, yet they could not find their way back to either the River of Achievement or to the Happy-Go-Lucky town. They even seemed to have lost hope, having made the stump of a very tall tree their home. The goods had no change of raiment and they had to do with the smells harboured by their single clothing.
For weeks, they kept gazing up for solution, but each time, they were disappointed, such that they had to renounce the belief that looking up was the solution to all difficult situations. They had even vowed not to look up again, after some flying birds had defecated on their raised faces.
Goodwish had wished a lot in vain. He had wished to see the way back home acted out like a film in the film of the rain or in the bow of the rainbow in the west. He had wished to see the whirlwind lead them to the wide way. He had wished to ride on chariots of fire travelling to the north of Happy-Go-Lucky town. He had wished to see the cloud speak aloud to declare the route to them, and he had wished the thunder would strike under the firmament to stamp the map of the town in the sky.
“All my wishes have fallen to the deaf ears of nature,” wept Goodwish.
“And Father Creator has neglected us in this abandoned bush,” Goodwill added.
“My dreams are no more real,” Gooddream grumbled.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Goodwill entered a snare while leading his brothers to search the way with vigour. After they had pulled Goodwill’s leg out of the snare, they discovered it to be the SNARE OF THE FOWLER invented by Mr. Fowler of the Hurt huts a very long time ago. The snare was made with the intent of killing the olden golden bird so that it wouldn’t lead the way to the River of Achievement anymore. However, the snare had not caught a single bird since its invention, but had caught countless humans who had lost track of their way to the river or their way back home.
The Goods even found a fresh leg lying beside the snare and were shocked. The snare was automatic, resetting itself after every catch. It was not mobile, having a rigid foundation in the earth. If not for the assistance of Goodwish and Gooddream, their third brother would have lost his leg. However, Goodwill was reduced to a limping thing those times, having to now traipse behind the other Goods, instead of his gallant walk ahead of them as he was wont doing.
The Goods had not walked far from the snare that day when a stubby figure appeared from a thicket. His manly voice frightened the Goods. He had scanty hair on his head. He looked older than his age. His face appeared to have shrunken under the weight of affliction. His wrinkled forehead protruded like the half part of a mango or a cashew seed. He had bruises all over his face, but they were healed up. His hooded eyes protruded out of his face like two overripe drupes set to fall off at any little pull at the stump of the tree.
“Who are you?” the voice of the stranger rang. He was hiding partially behind the thicket. He didn’t wait for a reply before proceeding. “Did you set the snare?”
“No! We were lost in this wood,” replied the Goods in apprehension.
“Then we’re in the same shoe,” the stubby stranger said, smiling. “Just that I have only one leg in the shoe while you all have two each.” He scratched the corner of his left eye.
“One leg? How?” they asked, then the stranger came out of the thicket. He was a one-legged youth. The Goods were horrified, but the bulky youth was beaming with smiles. His stature was coterminous with Stubbornness’ but they had nothing in common regarding their characters.
“If you have seen the snare before now you’d have seen my other leg beside it.” He hopped to them. The Goods observed the semblance in the leg they saw afore and the one hopping towards them now, so they had pity for the stranger.
“Sorry,” they sympathised with him but he rebuked them as he said, “Don’t say that. Your sorry makes me feel sorry for myself.” Just then, the stranger discovered that Goodwill was limping and he asked, “What’s the matter?”
“I stepped on the Snare of the Fowler too, but I was fortunate to have my brothers around me, else I would have lost a leg too.”
“Lucky boy, from Happy-Go-Lucky I guess,” said the weirdo. “I was less fortunate, having no one beside me to help me pull the snare apart for me to depart with my leg. Anyway, I had to struggle my way out, parting with my right leg and left with the left alone. I’m grateful to Father Creator because I only parted with my leg and not with my life. I laid the leg close to the snare so that wandering sanguine youths, just like me, wouldn’t have to make the same mistake. Didn’t you notice the leg before you walked into the snare?”
“We didn’t,” they replied. “We noticed it after walking into it.”
“I’m sorry,” spoke the anonymous youth with a soft tone of voice. In wonderment, the Goods demanded the identity of the stranger as they said, “Who are you? You must be Kindness from the Hamlet of Pity.” The boy laughed and then said, “You’re wrong. The Kindness you’re talking about is not even a male to start with, but a nice pretty damsel. I’m Doggedness from the Valley of Failure.” As the boy mentioned his town, the Goods’ lips went far apart.
“It can’t be true!” they opposed.
Doggedness nodded. “It’s the truth my friends.”
“But I’ve heard that you Failures love your town so dearly that nothing could turn your mind around to leave it. How come you now come to this forest?” Gooddream asked.
“In fact, we heard that you fail in everything you do except in luring people to your town, the Valley of Failure. I guess such is what you’ve come as far afield as this thicket to do,” Gooddream added.
“If such is the case, then we are no more sorry for you that nemesis has caught up with you and cut off your leg,” Goodwish concluded.
“Don’t judge me before I speak.” Doggedness maintained his composure. “I got lost while trying to locate the River of Achievement last year. Since then, I’ve been wandering in this wood.” At Doggedness’ genuine confession, the Goods apologized quickly. He forgave them readily. Thereafter, he revealed to the Goods how Mr. Knowledge had visited the Valley of Failure to let them know that there was an island called Greatness. He also spoke of Doubt who later came visiting to antagonize the speeches of Knowledge.
“The standard of living in this thick thicket is even better than the one in the Valley of Failure where you must need obtain expensive tickets to get access to anything, even to the dirty water and the bitter butter,” Doggedness declared sincerely.
“What do you mean?” The Goods disbelieved.
“Here, though the trees bearing edible fruit are few, yet the fruit on them are sweet, unlike the ones in the Valley of Failure where everything is bitter: there, we have the rancid milk of failure, thorny honey, sooty sugar, bitter butter—everything in Failure is bad. You can’t run or walk half a mile without falling. Our swimmers get drowned and our wrestlers are restless. Our land is large but void. The colour of our gold is dirty green after being refined, yet our goldsmiths still have to face the risk of being smitten to death by evil citizens before refining them. Diseases from the seas around us make us deceased at young ages and famine affects our farms, bringing infirmities and calamities to us all. We buy things; they steal them and sell them to us again. We demand salvation but all we get is starvation. Our schools are expensive, yet our teachers spend their expensive time in pensive moods, reflecting on how to exploit us with the inks in their pens, yet we have no inkling how to read and write. Despite all these, we suffer in silence, arms folded, expecting Mr. Goodluck to come to us and perform miracles. Our leaders gave Doubt free entry and gave Knowledge the other end. I’d rather get to the Island of Greatness maimed than having two legs and remaining in the darkness of Failure forever.”
The Goods wept for their new friend and then explained the situation of their town to him as well—just a bit better than his. They unanimously vowed not to give up until they were up in the Island of Greatness.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by joseff14(m): 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
tanks for the update.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
joseff14: tanks for the update.
I appreciate you my guy
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
joseff14: tanks for the update.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
nice one, more update plsssss.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Michaellegend: nice one, more update plsssss.
Ah! Don't exhaust my story o. What'll be left for me 2 post 2mao Na? undecided
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
HOPE IN THE FLIRTS’ FLATS

As agreed, Doubt returned to Hope’s home to take him away. Happily, Limitation and Mediocrity let him go, but Vulnerability shed tears and followed him until Doubt had asked him to get back.
The Flirts’ flats seemed to be of much more improved condition than the Dilapidation dwelling place. As a matter of fact, the Flirts’ flats had been considered the second most attractive apartment in Happy-Go-Lucky after the Duplicity Duplex. The Flirts’ flats seemed to be housing more women than men, especially single ladies spending all their days living in pleasure, for they love to stay long hours in front of the mirror to preen and prettify their faces. As expected, the facade of the Flirts’ flats had great similarity with the Suite of Sweet-Sleep built in the Haven of Hedonism, which was somewhere very far from the Happy-Go-Lucky town. The structure was made eye-catching by the precious gems plastered on its walls and by the silvered pilasters jutting out from the edges of the pillared walls. The petals of the bouquet of scarlet pimpernels grown around the structure spread-eagled at the touch of the radiant sun and expectorated their amiable fragrances to call the attention of butterflies. The hibiscuses beamed with inviting smiles out of their vases, their blood red velvety skins being made the cynosures of the lustful eyes of the sweat bees whose unending sweat they would pour endlessly into the hollow of the flowers in return for the nectars they had sucked. Houseflies wouldn’t back out, for they would advance with their filthy proboscis to take their own fill of the sweetness of the sacred hibiscus flowers after having short discussions with them. Everything here was in apple-pie order.
As Hope observed the floral touches of the anonymous horticulturist, he said, “I don’t believe my eyes. The standard of living here must be greater than that of Average.”
“Of course yes!” Doubt replied. “Thanks to that important imp of a person and a love-vendor in person who made it so—Mr. Hedonism.”
However, Hope’s attention was stolen by the sight of the nubile lady walking stylishly to and fro in front of the first flat in the Flirts’ flats. The anxious look on her close-set pink almond eyes could make anyone guess that she was expecting a guest. She had Ornaments of Adornment on her from the crown of her head to the tips of the nails of her toes. She wore her auburn hair in a bob, having held the lower end of each half with aureate bobby pins. Overlying her hair was a wide white woolly boater hat whose top was knit with neat colourful bobbles. The black round blob lying just above her left brow had been a cynosure to many and the concavity of the dimples on her cheeks, being made conspicuous and alluring with rouge, did much to add to her artificially-made beauty. She had long tinted thick hairs as eyelashes, which she fluttered often to pass across her body messages to her potential customers. Her ears were not left naked as well, for on each lobe was fastened some golden studs. To Hope, she appeared to be standing on a high hill because of the high-heels beneath her feet. When she saw Doubt, she let her toes lie still in her stilettos, for she dreaaded him.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Ah! Don't exhaust my story o. What'll be left for me 2 post 2mao Na? undecided
Dont worry more will come...i'm just anxious to knw what will happen next.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2013
Good morning pals
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by emmyeuler1: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2013
Morning pals. This is Sammy Hoe. I was banned by antispambot yesterday after updating d story and my post was hidden. So I took permission from a friend to use his account to post this now. I'll be free from d ban around 7pm today.
Then I'll post the continuation of the story and the remaining questions for today.

If you're doubting maybe I should post the story continuation now.

If you want me to post it then quote me and reply 'yes' to this post. If not, then till 7pm by God's Grace.

Love y'all : kiss
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2013
emmyeuler1: Morning pals. This is Sammy Hoe. I was banned by antispambot yesterday after updating d story and my post was hidden. So I took permission from a friend to use his account to post this now. I'll be free from d ban around 7pm today.
Then I'll post the continuation of the story and the remaining questions for today.

If you're doubting maybe I should post the story continuation now.

If you want me to post it then quote me and reply 'yes' to this post. If not, then till 7pm by God's Grace.

Love y'all : kiss
let me fight your case and you will be unbaned now, just send a message to mynd44 with email you used to open ur sammy hoe's account.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by emmyeuler1: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2013
I don't get you. What is d mynd44 all about? Is it a mail, a nairaland user name or what?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2013
emmyeuler1: I don't get you. What is d mynd44 all about? Is it a mail, a nairaland user name or what?
mynd_44 is a nairaland user, he is also the moderator of this literature section, he can unban you.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
7pm kwa...choi dts lyk nxtwik o...aniwais i is waitn
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2013
Thank God my ban is lifted grin I am back and better!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
WELCOME BACK.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2013
Michaellegend: WELCOME BACK.
Thanks to you all:You Karev. Damex Kenchukschole Gameboy Joseff14 fateemah mcmooney etc. for not neglecting dis thread while I was exiled by antispambot. Thanks to you all!!!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2013
cheesy grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2013
Story continuation

Hope stared at her awfully, being carried away by the cleavage on her upper bust, which was made conspicuous by her low-cut holey outlandish dress, and by her seemingly velvety skin, as well as her ravishing equine coiffure provoking him to fleshly lust.
Doubt passed by her without uttering a word, but Hope halted with the intent of saying ‘Hi!”. Before Hope could utter a word, his uncle had turned back and pulled him away as he grumbled, “I doubt if she’s worth a word of salutation. She’s too cheap!”
Hope was amazed at the sight of Doubt’s living room appearing four times as wide as the widest room he’d ever seen. They did not remain too long in the living room before Doubt led him into an inner one. At one corner of the room lay a thin boy in his late teens, having ten tins of milk beside him. They were empty. Perhaps the boy had emptied them into his belly before then. Hope would not be surprised if such was the case, since the boy in question had been described to him earlier as very lazy. But it amazed Hope that the boy here was not as fat as he had thought he would be. At the sound of the approaching footsteps he heard, the boy rose to his feet lazily. His name was Idleness.
“You must be Hope, aren’t you?” the boy asked, yawning.
“Yes, you’re right,” Hope replied. “And you Idleness, right?”
“Got it right,” responded the boy too. “It’s the first time I’m meeting you.”
“And me too,” Hope replied. The boy hugged him passionately. Just then, Doubt said, “I shall now be departing for the City of Disorder to make sure the city maintains its order of disorderliness. I’ll be back in two weeks. Hope, Idleness will take care of you until I return. Just feel at home here. Bye-bye, to see you by and by.” Doubt exited.
The embrace was long and emotional, both seeming to enjoy it. Hope began to get weaker while Idleness seemed to have gained much strength. It was as though a transfer of impetus from Hope to Idleness had occurred as well as a transfer of laziness vice-versa.
“It’s amazing!” Idleness exclaimed when they had disentangled. “For the first time in my life I’m beginning to think of the Island of Greatness.”
“Don’t bring that issue now,” Hope frowned briefly and then smiled suddenly. “And for the first time in my life too, Idle, I’m thinking of sneaking into the Do-nothing School of Thought, the best school here, to be taught.”
Immediately, Hope began to feel uneasy. His legs became heavy and his mouth was filled with the yearning to be yawning from dawn to dusk. Instantly, Hope hurried to Idle’s corner to lie down but Idle reached for the door and left the house the same time, something he had last done many years back, being a homebody whose bed was his bobby-dazzler.
Hope was lonely. He couldn’t sleep, though he tried hard to find it. His hands were numb, his mouth dumb as his heart pumped slowly. He felt cold! In the twinkling of an eye, three souls sneaked into the room, since Idle had left the door ajar. Hope took no notice until they were beside him.
“Who are you?” Hope was perplexed but they asked him to keep quiet.
“Though we are strangers to you, yet we’re your friends,” said one of them.
“My friends? How possible?”
The second replied, “We are the friends of Idleness; you are Idleness’ friend too, therefore we are your friends.” Hope relaxed and smirked with a feeling of ambivalence.
“So—why are you here? What are your names?”
“We are three brothers,” the first said. “I’m Evil Thought.”
“I’m Wishy-Washy,” the second spoke, and then the third said, “Daydream is my name.”
Hope knew he had heard those names before, but he had forgotten when and where he heard them. However, he remained silent as the first spoke, “Didn’t you see that graceful lady out there when you arrived these Flirts’ flats?”
“I saw her of course!”
“Didn’t you see how beautiful she is? Even her make-ups are worth dying for!” uttered the sugar-coated mouth of Evil Thought.
“Hmm!” Hope smiled broadly as he turned around on Idle’s bed like a fat cake in the oven.
“Won’t you get close to her, at least to just see her better? Won’t you just ask for her name? Can’t you just say hi to her?”
“I think that way too,” Hope concurred. “Only that I am not a match for her. Before her I’m sure going to appear like a matchstick figure, for I’m no match for her lipstick.”
Wishy-Washy took over from Evil Thought. “How I wish you are bigger than this. How I wish you have enough cash to lure her to your side. How I wish she could just look at your eyeballs and see the sincerity of love in them.”
Hope cuddled up on the wide bed and held his pillow tight. “I’m wishing like that too, Wishy-Washy, but—”
“Don’t lose hope, Hope,” Wishy-Washy interrupted. “If you could say ‘Hi!’ to her on the top of your voice today, she will make you feel high and on top of the world tomorrow. If you could ask her for her name today, she will put your name in her mind tomorrow. How I wish you could flatter her in her flat today, then in the latter times she will tell you in her chatters how you matter to her. How I wish you could sway her with your sweet lips today and go away with her to the Suite of Sweet-Sleep tomorrow. How I wish you could launch yourself at her today and have her to have lunch with you tomorrow...” Hope had shut his eyes as he listened to Wishy-Washy’s wishes. He began to see those wishes happening as Daydream stepped to his side and caressed his body with the Cream of Dreams. Hope was daydreaming!
Hope stood high up a hill with the nymphet in her pink high-heels and a mink fur garment, winking and smiling at each other playfully like some happy dinks. When Hope asked after her name, she poked his nose and ran away playfully. Hope ran after her and soon caught up with her. When he pulled at her stole, she confessed, “You stole my heart away.” Then they descended the hill together and sat on an evergreen pasture where they had serious chats and unserious chants together like some enchanted lovers. Thereafter, the lovers walked together to have lunch and then headed for the Suite of Sweet-Sleep at the setting of the sun. They hadn’t entered into the suite when Hope felt a hand pulling him. His eyes opened wide only to find Idleness standing over him.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2013
yea man...gud 2 ve u bk...yeepeee stori iyaf continue...

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
Bed time stuff...hope am nt gonna daydream tonight grin

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Mcmooney(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2013
its gr8 dat u ar bak nw i can be sure to get more updates on d best story on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 22, 2013
Michaellegend: Bed time stuff...hope am nt gonna daydream tonight grin
If you don't cream yourself with wishy-washy's weird cream of dreams u won't daydream this night grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2013
Happy New Week!!!
Glad you made it 2 This Week.

What does September 22 holds for us in history? Let's feed our eyes joor!
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

66 - Emperor Nero creates the Legion I
Italica.
530 - Boniface II begins his reign as
Catholic Pope
530 - St Felix IV reign as Catholic Pope
ends
530 - Discorus begins his reign as Catholic
anti-Pope
1236 - The Lithuanians and Semigallians
defeat the Livonian Brothers of the Sword in
Battle of Šiauliai.
1499 - Switzerland became an independent
state .
1504 - Settled engagement of Karel of
Luxembourg & Claudia the Beaujeu
1504 - Treaty of Blois : Philip van
Bourgondie & Maximilian I & Louis XII
1529 - Cardinal Thomas Wolsey stripped of
office as Lord Chancellor of England
1586 - Battle at Zutphen : English vs Dutch
army
1692 - Last (8 ) person hanged for witchcraft
in US ( Salem Mass) #mother Witch must see this one o#
1699 - People of Rotterdam strike over high
cost of butter
1711 - French troops occupy Rio de Janeiro
1733 - Polish King Lesczynski flees to
Danzig
1735 - Robert Walpole is 1 st British PM to
live at 10 Downing Street
1745 - Bonnie Prince Charlie 's army returns
to Edinburgh
1753 - Pangeran Gusti installed as sultan of
Banten
1756 - Nassau Hall opens at Princeton
University
1761 - Coronation of George III of the United
Kingdom and Queen Charlotte.
1784 - Russian trappers established a
colony on Kodiak Island , AK
1789 - US Office of Postmaster General is
created under the Treasury Department
1792 - 1 st First French Republic forms
1817 - John Quincy Adams becomes
secretary of State
1851 - The city of Des Moines, Iowa was
incorporated as Fort Des Moines .
1861 - Fort Fauntleroy ( Wingate ), rapes
Navaho Indians
1862 - President Lincoln, says he will free
slaves in all states on Jan 1

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 22, 2013
Story CONTINUATION....... ....... ......

“Gush!” Hope screamed in annoyance, to Idleness’ surprise, who asked, “What’s the matter?” For a response, Hope smiled and shut his eyes again. Idleness tapped him and said, “Now I seem to know why you were smiling that way, Hope. I guess those three unwanted guests have paid you a visit.”
“How d’you know?” Hope demanded at once in awe.
“Your type of smiles were such I carried those days too when they sneaked into my room to lure me with their alluring talks. Hope, I’ll advise you not to listen to them,” Idleness advised soberly but Hope asked, “Why?”
Shockingly, a tear dropped down Idle’s cheek. “These three sons of Mr. Liar were the same people who deceived me into rap!ng Vice and Virtue. Virtue’s rap?e remained a great wound in my heart till today, but I don’t regret rap!ng that evil Vice.”
“But why don’t you regret rap?ng Vice?” Hope asked. Idleness said, “She called for it by her skimpy dress, jumpy skirt and her seductive red lips. She enticed me indirectly and I rapidly rap*d her directly. Aside that, she was the brain behind the death of Harlotry my only sister.”
“What do you mean? I mean how?”
“She was the one who taught Harlotry how to go flirting about with boys. She would take Harlotry out of these flats, the Flirts’ flats and take her to her own flats, Flatterers’ flats to teach her how to listen to those woeful woos which eventually engendered her downfall. Ultimately, this evil Vice advised her to accept Badmanner’s sexual advances. She did and got pregnant, then she swallowed some pills to get rid of it; but she died in the process. Badmanner who gave her the pills ran away from this town from Revenge whom my father had sent after him. He returned two years later when the issue had died down.” Idle began to cry, shedding tears in abundance.
“Why these tears?” Hope queried. “Are you now weeping for Harlotry your dead sister?”
“Not at all,” Idle replied sincerely.
“Then it’s for Vice I guess,” Hope said further, but Idleness snapped his fingers in annoyance and yelled, “Over my dead body! I don’t care if Vice keeps falling victim of rap*e until she dies. She’s evil!” Idle began to sob again. Amidst his tears he said, “I’m weeping for Virtue instead, that costly virgin. I held her and forced her and gagged her and pulled her and pushed her and pinioned her to the bare floor. She cried and cried as she tried to rip herself off my grip, but I overpowered her and wrapped her up in a drape, squeezed her up like a grape and rap*d her until she gave up. If I’d known I wouldn’t have heeded the evil advances of Evil Thought and his brothers.” Idle did not stop weeping.
“Their advances didn’t appear evil,” Hope came in. “In fact, I’ve never enjoyed myself as much as I did today when they were conversing with me. They are good friends.”
“Hope, since Virtue’s ra!pe I’ve been shunning them. They are evil!”
“I don’t think they are,” Hope argued. “A single fault made by someone shouldn’t make him evil.”
“Their faults are numerous, Hope. In fact, they are responsible for many of the wicked acts done in this town.” Hope demanded an example and Idle said, “Badmanner himself testified that these three sons of Mr. Liar were the same people who advised him to lie with Harlotry and also asked him to give her the deadly pills when she became pregnant.”
“But how come they didn’t come visiting me while I was in the Dilapidation dwelling place? Is it because they live near here and far from there?”
“They don’t live near here,” Idle spoke. “In fact, no one knows where they live. All I know is that they roam everywhere to seek whose minds are idle so that they could build some workshops of evil thoughts there. Mr. Liar their father prefers to hide his own face, since it is too ugly to behold.”
“It’s enough, big brother. Will you now come with me to say “Hi!” to someone?”
“Who?”
“I’m about to ask you for her name too; it’s that damsel outside there, whose smiles are gracious and her make-ups are worth dying for,” Hope spoke excitedly. Idle shook his head and said, “Your speech is the product of the speech of Evil Thought. Know this, Hope, her make-up is what is making her up. Remove them and she’ll turn a vulture.”
“I don’t care,” Hope responded, smiling. “Will you tell me her name or let me go and ask her myself?” Idleness waited briefly before saying, “Seekbeauty. Her name is Seekbeauty. She has appetence for beauty more than she has appetite for her necessary meal. She has nothing doing other than luring youths and adults to her room to spend the time with them and get paid.”
“Wonderful!” Hope’s eyes widened in excitement. “That is good of Seekbeauty!” The urge had descended on Hope to seek Seekbeauty immediately. He asked Idleness, “Will you come with me to say ‘Hi!’ to her or you will let me go alone?” Idleness pondered briefly and said, “I’ve only come to ask you if you could lead me to the River of Achievement, but here’s what I meet.”
“Will you come or not?” Hope asked in anger as a result of the ‘river’ he heard Idle mention.
“Of course I will!” responded Idle. Hope was glad beyond measure. He held his arm and pulled him as he said excitedly, “Let’s go!”
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2013
happy new week, we must not stay idle dis week so dat evil thought, wishy-washy and day dream will not have a chance in our life...cheers
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2013
Michaellegend: happy new week, we must not stay idle dis week so dat evil thought, wishy-washy and day dream will not have a chance in our life...cheers
hmmm true dat...happy new week
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Story CONTINUATION grin grin grin

CHAPTER NINETEEN
HOPE AND THE BEAUTY OF SEEKBEAUTY

Seekbeauty went about her business as usual. She smacked her painted lips loudly every now and then to call the attentions of passersby, both young and old, passing by the open gate of the Flirts’ flats. At the fourteenth hour of each day, Seekbeauty would walk a bit farther from the Flirts’ flats to bring some boys with her who were returning from the Simpleminded School of Thought.
“I have decked my bed and perfumed my pillows with sweet smells. I have made clean my room, rouged my cheeks and smoothened my lips. My living room is well ventilated and my inner chamber roomy enough for our solace of love. Therefore come over with your cash to catch pleasure and treasure your time with me without measure. The flickers of my trinkets as well as the fragrance of my blanket called Blanket of the Perishing shall satisfy you and my golden bed shall you cherish after you have lain with me on my patchwork Quilt of Guilt, which is a quintessence of bedcovers manufactured in the Haven of Hedonism. My room is as spacious and precious as the rooms in the Suite of Sweet-Sleeps in the Haven of Hedonism, and the perfumes of my raiment shall you desire.”
Seekbeauty had deflowered many students from the Simpleminded School of Thought. She had almost deflowered Vulnerability too when he was attending the Simpleminded School of Thought, but because the poor boy wasn’t with a penny then, she allowed him get away untouched.
“I don’t deal with people with pen in their pockets but penniless,” she would address the simpleminders coming with empty pockets. “Come with me if you have your money with you.” In the actual sense, the simpleminders would not call for her initially, but after their first encounter with her they would become her regular customers. Most of them would steal monies from their mummies to pay her.
As usual with Seekbeauty, she sat on her seat with her legs crossed and her lean back leaning against the wall as she winked and blinked her wanton eyes like someone wanting to get rid of dust particles from her eyes. She hissed in annoyance when Mr. Contentment passed by the Flirts’ flats without looking at her the second time; someone who had turned his face away rapidly at the first sight of Seekbeauty. When Seekbeauty accosted him one day, he told her point-blank, “I have a wife at home.”
“I know,” said Seekbeauty. “But Father Adultery and Mr. Infidelity also have wives, but they still call at my place on regular basis. They cannot do without me in a day. Why is your own case so different?”
“I have made a covenant with my eyes.” said Mr. Contentment. “Why then should I get myself obsessed with the thought of a damsel?”
Before she could utter a word he had petered out of her sight.
“Foolish man!” Seekbeauty spoke under her breath and rose to her full height, five feet eight inches, in annoyance. Just then, Hope and Idle came close to her. She saw them and frowned, perhaps at the sight of Idle who hadn’t saluted her for once all his lives, yet they were neighbours.

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
why dis place dey dry lyk dis nah? Una don join ASUU or na man utd fans una be?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Michaellegend: why dis place dey dry lyk dis nah? Una don join ASUU or na man utd fans una be?
Na so me sef see am o! People no wan talk for this thread. E kon tire me so tay I confuse. Anyway, make only me and you dey yarn nah!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
...Story continuation...HOPE AND THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS...

“So?” she asked, putting a hand forward. Hope gladly stretched forth his hand to hold her but she withdrew her hand quickly and screamed, “Empty hand?”
“Em, er, uh, we—we just c-come to say hi!” Hope stammered.
Seekbeauty bellowed in annoyance. “Your ‘hi!’ is too low to catch my high eyes! A ‘hi!’ without a dot of cash cannot catch my interest, so also is a tease without a cross of dough. So, go and dot your ‘hi!’ with cash and cross your tease with dough. More so, you’re too small, too small for my liking!” She sized him up with her eyes. Hope felt sharp pain all over him, as though those piercing eyes she had used to size him up were slicing him up as a knife would do to a dead fish. Hope was clothed with humiliation. He had found himself dumbfounded before her. He turned to Idle, expecting that he would speak for him, but the boy was even of more frustrating look than Hope himself.
“Anyway, I’ll tell you this,” Seekbeauty spoke with style as she walked stylishly around them. “I am not cheap like the cassava chips you eat in your dirty house. In fact, I’m even more costly to pleasure seeking Flirt-dwellers than outsiders. So, little boy, for you to have me close to you, you’ll need nothing less than a handful of cash. I’m done with you!” She poked Hope’s nose with a finger. Her long tinted fingernail made a little impression on Hope’s nose. She turned to leave the two gaping boys, but then she noticed an elderly man approaching. She rushed excitedly to meet him and helped to bear his little bag as they made to walk in.
As the man came close to Hope and Idle, he asked, “Who are these prats?” Seekbeauty responded, “They are rats!” She shooed them away with her left high-heeled shoe which she had pulled for that intent.
Hope got in frustrated, but Idle was the more agitated. He blamed Hope for the humiliation he had shared with him, but the latter protested, directing the whole blame at their poor state.
“Just a handful of money is all we need,” Hope spoke and plunged into silence.
“And where do we get that from?” Idle asked, breaking the silence. “Just leave me out of this, eh!” Before Hope could say a thing more, Idle had walked out on him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / The Charismatic Charlie Wade (novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.