Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe (37408 Views)

Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show / African Magic By Sammy Hoe: 'WATCH' MOVIES HERE / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(season2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Mrs pick-offence. Pikky for short
Correct!
Welcome on board Mr Legend
You have 3 points
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2013
karev 12 pts
gameboy 3pts
M Legend 3pts
others 0pt
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 11, 2013
Question 7
What is the name of the corner behind the hurt huts?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 7
What is the name of the corner behind the hurt huts?
the sconer's coner
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Correct!
Welcome on board Mr Legend
You have 3 points
Thank you
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 11, 2013
you again Mr Karev!
Dis is. unfair
anyway u have 15points
Karev 15
gameboy 3
M legend 3
others 0
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2013
you again Mr Karev!
Dis is. unfair
anyway u have 15points
Karev 15
gameboy 3
M legend 3
others 0
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 11, 2013
Karev_wite: the sconer's coner
correct!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
correct!
hehehehehe...neeeeeexxxxxxxxtttttttttt!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 11, 2013
I will giv u a run for yr money now.
Question 8
How did Bad will shoulder Hope?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by joseff14(m): 11:48am On Sep 11, 2013
i love this story so much that i can only hope that the story of little hope should continue cheesy.
more ink to your pen bro. am feeling ur story. grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe: I will giv u a run for yr money now.
Question 8
Like a soldier...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe: I will giv u a run for yr money now.
Question 8
bad will shoulder hope jst lyk a soldier wil shoulder a fellow soldier
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Like a soldier...
Incomplete answer
He shouldered him the way a soldier would shoulder a fellow soldier who was hurt by enemy soldier in a battle front
1 point for you anyway...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Karev 16points
M LEGEND 4points
Gameboy 3points
others 0 point
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Incomplete answer
He shouldered him the way a soldier would shoulder a fellow soldier who was hurt by enemy soldier in a battle front
1 point for you anyway...
Haha.... Dat's just d summary nah
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Haha.... Dat's just d summary nah
summary not allowed...anyway I'll giv u full mark now as wlcom gift
Karev 14
You 6
Gameboy 3
others 0

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Karev 14
You 6
Gameboy 3
others 0
Thanks thanks
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
twelve more questions left for this Week:
Today 4 questions left
Tomorrow 6 questions
Friday Story continuation
Saturday last 2 questions
Note: the 20th question carries 10 marks
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe:
Karev 14
You 6
Gameboy 3
others 0
kum y u dai deduct ma mark..
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
As directed by Madam Pickoffence, Mr. Oppressor forced the Garment of Torment on Hope such that he became conscious at once to the pains from the pricks.
“My skin! My skin!!” Hope groaned but Mr. Oppressor pressurized him with his hefty beefy arms the more. When he was done, he clutched Hope and dragged him to the Pit of Pit Vipers. He had not released the caged vipers on him before hurrying back to his chamber to get the long coveted hug, perhaps a tug, else he would bug out this time around.
“Done,” Mr. Oppressor said exhilaratingly, hoping to get an instant embrace from her, but he was the one who eventually had to make haste to race towards her to embrace her when she remained cold and would not stop grimacing.
“Don’t touch me!” shrieked Madam Pickoffence. Some saliva got into her lungs, and so she hacked and stepped back, with lack of consideration for her husband’s natural connubial necessity.
“No room for ruminating on another excuse, else—”
“Don’t threaten me, Oppy!” she barged in. She had just recovered. “Here’s the last task for you. If you can’t do it, then forget the hug.”
“What is it?” demanded the man, but his wife remained silent, grinning. “I say what is it?”
“Go capture Giant Faith and bring him here bound,” said Madam Pickoffence, sounding half-serious and half-humorous.
“But this task is impossible!” Mr. Oppressor spoke nervously.
“Well...that’s my say,” Madam Pickoffence said. She was stubborn. “Bring Giant Faith here and then hug me forever if you wish.”
“Alright then, I’ll be back,” the man put up a finger and walked out of his chamber awkwardly. Madam Pickoffence’s eyeballs surveyed the room. She smiled smugly when she spotted a mug made of clay beside a jug laid on a tray, which was filled halfway with a brown liquid. She tilted the jug and poured the liquid into the mug. She then closed her eyes and gulped the content, tightening her skinny face as though the potion had soar taste. She blinked her eyes, and when she opened them she found Mr. Oppressor standing before her with his hands behind him. “Back so quick?” she asked shockingly.
“Yes of course Picky.” The man sounded sober. She grinned.
“Huh, I guess he chopped off your hands while you were trying to bring him here,” she said jokingly, but no response was forthcoming. “If so, then there will never be any hands for a hug,” she concluded as she made to leave the chamber. Immediately, a gigantic log of wood swooped down upon her belly. She fell facedown like a log of wood across the log of wood. She groaned.
“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Mr. Oppressor laughed, for he was the devil. “You refused my hug...now you are eagerly hugging the floor. Nonsense!”
Madam Pickoffence writhed in pain and mustered the little strength in her to mutter, “You monster. You didn’t keep y—your p—p—promise.”
“What promise?”
“That you’ll no more damage my pregnancy,” she responded, spitting blood.
“W—what d’you mean?” asked her husband, fearing his insinuation. “Are you pregnant already?”
“Yes,” she whispered with a tone of sincerity and held her stomach in pain again. “But I’m s—sure it’s now dead, I mean the foetus.”
“What!” raged Mr. Oppressor. “Do you realise what you’ve caused, Picky? Didn’t I tell you to keep me abreast of your state? Picky, what shall I do with you?” the man wept like a baby. “If the generations before me had refused to put to bed then no one would have put me to bed, Picky. But now I refuse to have a child. When I die, tell me, who shall inherit my father’s Garment, the Garment of Torment? You have made my life miserable these twenty years, provoking me into destroying the issues and the tissues in your womb over little issues, yet I’ve never been a foe to the foetuses in you these twenty years. I hate you!” Mr. Oppressor bent immediately and lifted Madam Pickoffence, who was almost motionless, above his shoulders. Then he headed for the back of the Hurt huts. Reaching the spot, he laid her on the fence and pushed her. Madam Pickoffence fell off the fence of the Hurt huts. She gashed her forehead against a rock. Blackout!
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by joseff14(m): 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
am loving it. my favourite character is stubbornness.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Karev_wite: kum y u dai deduct ma mark..
To add it to M LEGEND's own now. you know u shld b Ur bro's keeper..
I'm joking o. It was a typographic error:
Karev 16
M LEGEND 6
Gameboy 3
Others 0
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
joseff14: am loving it. my favourite character is stubbornness.
DAT is to say u'r a funny guy too
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
joseff14: am loving it. my favourite character is stubbornness.
DAT is to say u'r a funny guy too.
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 11, 2013
Question 9
What was Stubbornness knouted with?
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sammy Hoe: Question 9
What was Stubbornness knouted with?
Knout of blackout
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by joseff14(m): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Knout of blackout
why can't u what for me to answer. angry
i was searching every post to look for the expo but my internet server is just too slow.
please wait for me to answer the next question. grin
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Karevwite: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
joseff14:
i was searching every post to look for the expo but my internet server is just too slow.
hehe tk heart
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Michaellegend(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
joseff14:
Ehya... Sorry.
Tell ur network provider to be fast next tym.
Try againnnnn...
Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Knout of blackout
correct!
devil is a liar! bin fightin to com online tay tay...network.
Congrat! M Legend is correct!
Karev 16 pts
You 9pts
Gameboy 3pts
Others 0pts

1 Like

Re: Hope And The Island Of Greatness- A Fiction (allegory) Written By Sammy Hoe by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
Knout of blackout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Scents Of Lust / Broken Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.