Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? (7911 Views)

5 Nigerians Made Forbes Billionaires List Number Four Will Shock You / Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? / Forbes 2015 Billionaires List Released. 5 Nigerians Made The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by damola1: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2008
my mistake: Chief Bola Ige
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by TheSly: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2008
“Discover The Simple & Easy Way To Open
a US Bank Account, As a Non-American,
With a FREE VISA Debit Card, Step-By-Step,
In As Little As 3 Weeks, Guaranteed!”
Deposit funds from your PayPal, 2CO, & AdSense accounts, as well as ClickBank commission

checks. Withdraw funds from any ATM around the world.Pay for Educational Training.
Open your US bank account for a mere $60.
The Best is that you will pay with Egold. Egold Number 5214742 Go to Egold website and pay
If you are interested in the offer
send Your E-Mail Address to : nike.nweke@yahoo.co.uk

Look at all the benefits you're getting,

* Fastest way to open a US bank account - active within 2 weeks.
* Free US checkbook.
* No Social Security Number required.
* No US address required.
* FREE Platinum VISA Debit Card after account is activated.
* No credit checks, no annual fees on the card, and no withdrawal fees (even if used

outside the US).
* Account cash deposit is 100% insured up to $100,000!
* No account minimums after initial deposit.
* Withdrawals and purchases around the world with your VISA card.
* Free ACH direct deposits – deposit directly into your account from PayPal, AdSense,

2CO, and more.
* Full Internet banking facilities.
* Deposit US checks by mailing them directly to your new bank account.
* No need to certify passport - Just mail a photocopy!
* Simple, short account opening form included.
* Lifetime guarantee!

# Can I trust this bank with my money?
This is not a small town bank. It is a very big and reputable company with branches all over

the US. It is even listed in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with market capitalization

of over 7 Billion!

# What is the initial deposit?
The bank says there is an initial deposit of $1,000 (US). However, you can open the account

without any deposit and then add any amount you like. I opened my account with no deposit at

all. I later added only $10. There is no minimum balance after your account has been opened.

# Are there any account fees?
No fees within your first 12 months, regardless of your deposit amount (even if you only

have $5 in your account). After that time your account can stay free of maintenance fees as

long as you keep it active.

# Do I need a US tax file number?
No. NOT even your own country’s tax file number is needed.

# How much can I withdraw per day?
You can withdraw up to $500 a day using your VISA debit card. You can write a check in any

amount (up to your balance). You can wire transfer any amount (up to your balance) to any

other bank account.

# Can I withdraw PayPal funds?
Yes, you can withdraw funds from PayPal and any other account that does ACH (direct

transfer). They will be deposited directly into your US bank account without any fees.

# Do I need Bank reference letter?
No. A photocopy of your passport is all you need. The photocopy does not have to be

notarized.

# Will I receive account statements?
Yes. You can either view them online or have them mailed to you.

# Do I need a US mailing address?
No. The bank airmails documents and statements internationally.

# Can I use my VISA debit card in any country?
Yes. You can use your VISA debit card at any ATM. You can also use it wherever VISA is

accepted.

# Can I deposit US checks?
Yes. Just endorse the check and mail it directly to the bank.

# Do I have to make a deposit to get my VISA debit card?
Initial Deposit of $1,000 only. You can send a check or wire transfer/PayPal your initial

deposit after your account is opened (after you received your account number). If you do not

make the $1,000 deposit, you won't be able to get the debit card. You do not need to make an

initial deposit if you do not want an ATM card. If you wish, you can operate your account

with wire transfers, etc. (fully functional) until you want the ATM card and only then make

the deposit.

# Can anyone open an account?
Accounts cannot be opened for people from the following countries: Canada, Germany, United

Kingdom, North Korea, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Sudan, Liberia, Sierra Leone, the UNITA

faction in Angola, Syria, and Burma
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by winnteam(m): 12:19am On Mar 31, 2008
No body wants to pay the price.

How many of these people making noise about corruption
can walk up to their corrupt relatives and tell it to their faces.

If you cannot stand up and speak against something, it is better you do not
criticize. Allow those who are to speaking and doing something about it continue.

Sacrifice is what is needed. Saying no even when it will hurt.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 12:27am On Mar 31, 2008
damola1:

To the guy who says not in his Generation, well he can Die with Obasanjo generation, as for me, I have started seeing changes, I have seen people move from just talk but to the boardroom, I have seen people die for my country ( MKO, Falae = Chief Bola Ige etc), I have seen noise makers like Oshomole become a governor, listen, If you are outside Nigeria you are missing and this is the best time to come home, whatever your skill, people will tripple the price here, everything is growing very fast and better!!.

2. Lets go down past time: 20years ago, was my country like this?, with the way things are changing and people with sense are getting into power, do you not think 20years down, Nigeria will be greater,

Why don't we give names like Olosi, ODE, MUMU rather; damola to our children, because of course we want them to be wealthy, just the same way, lets speak well of the good things about our country, and just maybe that guy who might be considering defrauding another will have a change of heart, it's largely because a lot of people have givien up on this great nation that they continue to do bad, give them hope and see how things will change

I am proudly Nigerian!!!

Well said. If you see the environmental transformations going on in Lagos over the last one year or so, you will know that Nigeria can be great within a short time if we can have even a few leaders who know where they are going - and not idiots playing politics with Adedibu and other thugs. I predict that in five years Lagos might not be recognisable , thanks to the new breed professionals in power - and most especially for the foundations laid by Tinubu .

In Nigeria, we have the money, we have the manpower , all we need to pray for is selfless leaders and WE WILL SHAKE THE WORLD in less than a decade. I swear !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by winnteam(m): 12:40am On Mar 31, 2008
Hey! What do you guys say about the FLAG thing I talked about.

We should all start from there. (I have no relative or friends that sells o!)
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by emonkey(m): 12:56am On Mar 31, 2008
winnteam:

Hey! What do you guys say about the FLAG thing I talked about.

We should all start from there. (I have no relative or friends that sells o!)

It is not necessary, and might in fact be a nuisance. However by all means do it if you are outside Nigeria, if it makes you feel good. There are other ways to fly the flags:

Fly the flag with your response when people say bad things about your country. Be EXTREMELY patriotic.
Fly the flag with a positive confession for your country when you wake up in the morning
Fly the flag by writing letters to your governors (or organising pressure groups which will write letters to your governor) when you see things are not going as it should. Sue him to court if necessary . Get Gani, Falana, etc , or even some other young idealistic lawyer to do it .
Fly the flag by writing letters to chief executives of companies who constitute environmental nuisance. Organise pressure groups and sue them to court if necessary.

Keep positive , keep positive, keep positive about Nigeria every minute of the day . It is your only hope and the only hope of your children . DON'T LET IT ESCAPE !!

Anyone wants to correspond with me over this write me at mail at websesame dot com
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by KollyJay(m): 4:14am On Mar 31, 2008
@emmanuel,

Well done o, Look, U might get a good programme and honest one indeed, but the mere fact of refering us to some GSm numbers and email address is not professional @ all. Get a simple website, probably around N5k and do your adverts online, then refer us to your website. Am tired of pple refering me to call them on their gsm.

It makes us to seems like scammers jare. Lets try to be professionals! I know we Nigerians are pple with great knowlegde and skills. Lets build our nation. Lets bombard the internet with our good works.

Lets talk good of ourselves. Lets contribute to our country. And plz, can anyone do something to this nonsense that is going on in Ibadan? I need a responsible governor jare! or make i com Lagos? Fashola ride on jare,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Dale1(m): 4:56am On Mar 31, 2008
a. It seems there is a common thing that most posters agree with, which is Naija needs to make progress.
But I worry abou those on this forum who may be saying that because 'other countries' are corrupt, then we should just not be too bothered, not talk, not 'expose' it and should indeed try to protect or hush hush Naija's own social problems. At least that seems to be what I'm reading although that may not be entirely the intention of the writers. There is need to revamp of our image. 'Abstain from all appearance of evil'. I don't care if Italians or British are stealing. I care about the image Naija has right now. there is no smoke without fire. abi?

b. It is anyone's right to live anywhere in the world. I would not appreciate it if I'm called names for chosing to live in Texas or in Naija. So pls stop the mudslinging. Nowhere is perfect. I'm blessed to have lived and worked in Naija, UK and now Ame. (I actually experienced more discrimination in Naija than anywhere else, just my own personal experience)

c. Has anyone noticed that those who live abroad appear to have a sense of urgency re: Naija's social problems vs those who live in Naija? I see this all the time. When my family members visit, they say haba, it's not that bad ojare Any takes on this disparity? or there is none?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by emonkey(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2008
You are missing the point : which is to acknowledge that crime is a universal phenomenon and not that Nigerians are a special breed of people that God created for criminal purposes. Less than half a century ago blacks living in the US have faced the same problem - and it was assumed that once you are a black person you are either a thief or a drug user . And so you are most often automatically excluded from responsible social positions. Let us not associate with this negative image. It will not help us or our children.

I lived and worked in the UK for almost 15years because I initially had the impression that "home is where you find happiness". We even hold British passports. But soon you come to realise that "home is where you find acceptability" . There will come a time in your life when you will be made to realise that "look man , this is not your country" and your children's opportunities will always be limited by that suggestion. at any rate, which of all the social vices and crimes that we run away from when we leave Nigeria don't we find more plentiful abroad ? frorgery, fraud, armed robbery, car-jacking, burglary, embezzlement , unemployment, etc . I tell you as a matter of fact that it is easier to get a [b]GOOD [/b]job in Nigeria than in the UK. It may not be a lot better in the USA except you are in the medical profession, teaching , engineering or software development. I know of lawyers (not even Nigerian) cooking pizza in USA to make ends meet. I have seen Americans living in worse conditions than Mushin , and of course in the sort of poverty that is even unimaginable in Nigeria. Yes, there are extremely poor people in US and UK too. Of course if this does not bother you, by all means live wherever you like : it's a free world.

I know of thousands of Nigerians doing crazy menial work abroad and barely making a living but cannot return home because of the shame of not accomplishing anything after so many years of self-deceit. On the day I came back home finally I realised that I had been many years living in bondage and thinking that I am enjoying life. If we can fix NEPA (sorry I am still unable to get used to PHCN) problems, and fix transportation problems , I assure you Nigeria will be one of the best places in the world to live in.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2008
I heard a story that some people from other african countries, commit crimes, and then claim they are from Nigeria when they are caught. I heard of a case of a guy from one of these countries robbing a store.
When they called the police and said it was a Nigerian, the cops were like "No, Nigerians dont steal from stores", the implication being that we focus on higher level crimes, i.e yahooze.
Well I guess its up to us to try and project a positive image of ourselves, as individuals, and be good ambassadors of our Nation.
Peace!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2008
wavemasta:

I heard a story that some people from other african countries, commit crimes, and then claim they are from Nigeria when they are caught. I heard of a case of a guy from one of these countries robbing a store.
When they called the police and said it was a Nigerian, the cops were like "No, Nigerians don't steal from stores", the implication being that we focus on higher level crimes, i.e yahooze.
Well I guess its up to us to try and project a positive image of ourselves, as individuals, and be good ambassadors of our Nation.
Peace!

That is a common story . One Indian once told me - " the people I respect most in this world are Nigerians. They don't do robberies and selling petty drugs, but they really know about cards" . We have a lot of brains being put to bad use. Let's try to harness them to do good things for the country.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by chrisoml(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2008
e-monkey:

You are missing the point : which is to acknowledge that crime is a universal phenomenon and not that Nigerians are a special breed of people that God created for criminal purposes. Less than half a century ago blacks living in the US have faced the same problem - and it was assumed that once you are a black person you are either a thief or a drug user . And so you are most often automatically excluded from responsible social positions. Let us not associate with this negative image. It will not help us or our children.

I lived and worked in the UK for almost 15years because I initially had the impression that "home is where you find happiness". We even hold British passports. But soon you come to realise that "home is where you find acceptability" . There will come a time in your life when you will be made to realise that "look man , this is not your country" and your children's opportunities will always be limited by that suggestion. at any rate, which of all the social vices and crimes that we run away from when we leave Nigeria don't we find more plentiful abroad ? frorgery, fraud, armed robbery, car-jacking, burglary, embezzlement , unemployment, etc . I tell you as a matter of fact that it is easier to get a [b]GOOD [/b]job in Nigeria than in the UK. It may not be a lot better in the USA except you are in the medical profession, teaching , engineering or software development. I know of lawyers (not even Nigerian) cooking pizza in USA to make ends meet. I have seen Americans living in worse conditions than Mushin , and of course in the sort of poverty that is even unimaginable in Nigeria. Yes, there are extremely poor people in US and UK too. Of course if this does not bother you, by all means live wherever you like : it's a free world.

I know of thousands of Nigerians doing crazy menial work abroad and barely making a living but cannot return home because of the shame of not accomplishing anything after so many years of self-deceit. On the day I came back home finally I realised that I had been many years living in bondage and thinking that I am enjoying life. If we can fix NEPA (sorry I am still unable to get used to PHCN) problems, and fix transportation problems , I assure you Nigeria will be one of the best places in the world to live in.

Well said man, I could not have agreed more with you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by ppanther(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2008
Akede-Oba:

That is a common story . One Indian once told me - " the people I respect most in this world are Nigerians. They don't do robberies and selling petty drugs, but they really know about cards" . We have a lot of brains being put to bad use. Let's try to harness them to do good things for the country.

@Akede-Oba

Thanks for the original post and this one.

Thank GOD we have the Internet where people
like you and I can speak up and make a change.

Frankly, we have to pray that our leaders see
the need for image management.

Like someone mentioned in this thread, Nigerians
are oh so eager to paint themselves in the
worst possible light. Maybe in an attempt to
impress the West that we are "genuine", whatever
that means.

Truth be told: most of the "Nigerian scams" being done
today are by Europeans and Asians.

Nuff said
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by goodbobo: 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2008
I am really ashamed of people like  sweet T . No doubt there is corruption in Nigeria but the rate at which this same corruption is becoming a thing of the past in Nigeria of today is something any Nigerian worldwide should be proud of and should show to the rest of the world not making the bad painting of Nigerian picture worse by saying some thing like  8 of every 10 Nigerian is a scammers  . In today’s Nigeria, great men like Oshiomole who for the past years have been fighting for the Nigerian workers with all honesty are becoming governors and every day now , corrupt leaders are being brought to book .

The white world recognize the potential this largest black nation has and they try as much as possible to over rate our bad side and continually bring this to world through the media ( CNN and Co. ) and it is such a big shame to see u ( sweet T) a Nigerian to be part of this .  No doubt, Nigerians might be well-known for internet scam but the truth is internet scam in just a small aspect of Financial fraud . The big fraud we know where its been conducted

I meet a lady online from Atlanta GA. She happens to be a full black  American . we got chatting for like a year and she came down to naija ( Lagos in particular ) . u will be shocked at all what she said . She confessed that all these stuff said in the media about africa and Nigeria in particular was not what she came to meet here at all ( she spent 3 good weeks in Nigeria ) . She said the painting she had about Lagos Nigeria was far different from what she saw that what they have been made to understand is that there is so much violence , crime instability going on in Lagos , Nigeria  .  She said the white world dont really love u black . even the black Americans are still struggling for equal right in America . How can they see such a country like Nigeria with so much potential and not paint u black to the rest of the world knowing that if given free hand someday u might just be very great with the so much talents ( human resources , and natural recources the country has .

My American friend also said that she in not sure if the crime rate in Atlanta is not more that that of Lagos . The question she ask me was that like how many percent of lagosians have access to guns . she was so surprised to know that very very negligible number of us in naija have access to gun and we know what the story is like in the developed world .

Yes , things are still bad but it can be better and actually be the best in Nigeria and this is the time for every Nigerian to be proud of Naija and let the create change we have been praying for and that has started  continue .  

Those that ask that what is the good things about Naija . Let me tell u confidently that Nigerians are the toughest people in terms of emotional stability . Nigerians can withstand any form of pressure . What would have caused great war and disintegration in many countries came many times in the country and gone and nothing happened , we still have a Nigeria that is becoming stronger united every day . Nigerians are very hard working , very smart and intelligent . Nigeria has a country has natural recourses that no country in the whole world can boast of . And God in his infinite mercy has located Nigeria in a part of the globe that is very very stable geographically not prone to natural disasters like earth quake , hurricanes and the likes .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 6:44pm On Mar 31, 2008
@Goodbobo

No one is suggesting that every 8 in 10 Nigerians are corrupt, read my post again. We need to be honest about our conditions b/4 we can treat our ills. How can you receive a treatment without a proper diagnosis? We have pretended to be great for so long and it only hides our numerous problems. I Love Nigeria with a passion and i will gladly lay down my life for her if that's what it takes to give these innocent kids a brighter future. There are so many Nigerians worldwide doing great things but there are a lot more idiots Doing horrible things. There is a guy here in Texas by the name of Kase Lawal. This guy is a good example of what a good Nigerian citizens should be like. He's a highly successful man with a good education and a highly successful business. There are a lot more like that holding powerful world positions. These guy worked their way and were patient to see success, they did not tarnish Nigeria's image by seeking an overnight success. It is far easier to mess up a country's image than to build it. It begins from the home, if you lay a foundation of truth,honest and hard work in your home your children will emulate you and spread it out to the society. IN NIGERIA, WE ALLOW EMOTIONS AND SENTIMENT TO CLOUD OUR JUDGMENTS, WE GET GET EXCITED OVER UNIMPORTANT THINGS LIKE WHO DRIVES THE BIGGEST CARS OR WHO HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CELL PHONES.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by 3dhunter(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2008
No one is suggesting that every 8 in 10 Nigerians are corrupt, read my post again. We need to be honest about our conditions b/4 we can treat our ills. How can you receive a treatment without a proper diagnosis? We have pretended to be great for so long and it only hides our numerous problems. I Love Nigeria with a passion and i will gladly lay down my life for her if that's what it takes to give these innocent kids a brighter future. There are so many Nigerians worldwide doing great things but there are a lot more idiots Doing horrible things. There is a guy here in Texas by the name of Kase Lawal. This guy is a good example of what a good Nigerian citizens should be like. He's a highly successful man with a good education and a highly successful business. There are a lot more like that holding powerful world positions. These guy worked their way and were patient to see success, they did not tarnish Nigeria's image by seeking an overnight success. It is far easier to mess up a country's image than to build it. It begins from the home, if you lay a foundation of truth,honest and hard work in your home your children will emulate you and spread it out to the society. IN NIGERIA, WE ALLOW EMOTIONS AND SENTIMENT TO CLOUD OUR JUDGMENTS, WE GET GET EXCITED OVER UNIMPORTANT THINGS LIKE WHO DRIVES THE BIGGEST CARS OR WHO HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CELL PHONES.

how i wish
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Dale1(m): 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2008
Definitely, Nigeria of today is not the same one of a few years ago and there has been progress in certain areas and people are working hard.
We are by far some of the most hard working and most resilient people in the world. We have proven ourselves in ALL fields of human endeavor, both at home and abroad. In my field, we are very highly respected everywhere. There is no doubt as to the industrious nature of the typical Nigerian. And it is NOT true that most of us are corrupt. I know many Nigerians and it's simply not true.
We should rather direct our energy at the ruling elite, the gang of people who have been giving us the bad name. They, the corrupt politicians are the ones we should be demanding change from. That is starting to happen but it will take a long time yet to see very tangible change.
Guys here, you or me are not the enemy, it is the ruling elite who are intent on wasting generations of Nigerians that should be our focus. It is unnecessary to fight each other here. of course, we all differ in the way we think about the same issues. that's natural. You are not robots. So let's be civil and let's face the common enemy.
Most of the bad name has been created by the looters, and have only been worsened by the small number of Nigerian 419 who I believe are simply modelling the behavior of these psychopathic politicians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2008
@3rd_Hunter

Excuse me?

Apart from the politicians selling Nigeria cheap to their white counterparts, it only takes a few people to destroy a nation. I was watching a program about some Nigerian 419ers on NBC the other day and they showed this guy that was busted for trying to defraud Chris hansen of NBC. When Chris Hansen asked him if he has any explanations for his actions, the idiot asked for a "Beer" to drink. I felt so ashamed that i felt like shooting the bastard between the eyes. What a shame.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by omoovie(f): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2008
Please you people should leave Sweet T alone. He is the by-product of 'kolomentality' and too many generations of tribalism and suppression. If he is content to be a beggar and second-class citizen in the unbelievably TRIDAFUL world of USA, I certainly am not. I believe it's Dante that said, "Better to reign as a king in hell than be a slave in Heaven". I'd rather put in the untoward amounts of work it's going to take to go back home and make a difference even if it's in my little town of Onicha-Olona than be living in self-assumed prison in New York.

As per the original poster's question:

The answer is two-fold - 1. To a certain degree the foreign press has to take the brunt of the blame. They never broadcast anything positive about African countries all you see is war this, despot that, dirty stinking city this and starving children that, HIV this and not food or clean water that. Not saying these issues aren't present, pressing and real but if that's all you ever hear out of an entire continent your psyche begins to associate only those negative attributes with countries in that region. Look at Egypt for example. People, black and white alike don't even think it's part of Africa, why? because you hardly ever hear anything negative from there and obviously it can't be African because afterall, the media portrays Africa as a continent of only black people with nothing but failure, despotic governments, people living in the stone age and all the evil man has to offer. They broadcast to a larger, diverse audience and have greater global reach so they should be held accountable for how Nigerians are treated once they set foot outside their country because the fact is they are systematically and casually tainting the universal image of almost 20% of the world's black population (yes, we constitute almost 20% of the world's black population! Just Naija alone. There's a reason you can find a Naija person in almost every country in the world. We are that many).

2. WE LIKE TO WASH OUR DIRTY LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC!! How many crimes are committed in the US? Detroit, New York, Miami, Memphis, all you ever hear on their local news about this places is who stabbed who, who got shot by a random stranger, who got strangled by her husband or by his wife because of money, adultery, improper washing of the dishes, who stole out of company coffers and robbed customers blind et cetera! Do you ever hear all that info in the news they broadcast to the world? Hardly! Why? Well, news is power and propaganda and people won't be immigrating en masse to the US if all they ever saw out of the US was heinous instances of all the 7 deadly sins! I'm more afraid to step out in my neighbourhood in NY than I was walking in the shadiest parts of Lagos!

& if Naija is so awful why are there so many "expatriates" immigrating there, building families, businesses and lives there and living in places like VI and Abuja?

Sorry for the long reply.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2008
Sweet T:

@3rd_Hunter

Excuse me?

Apart from the politicians selling Nigeria cheap to their white counterparts, it only takes a few people to destroy a nation. I was watching a program about some Nigerian 419ers on NBC the other day and they showed this guy that was busted for trying to defraud Chris hansen of NBC. When Chris Hansen asked him if he has any explanations for his actions, the idiot asked for a "Beer" to drink. I felt so ashamed that i felt like shooting the bastard between the eyes. What a shame.

Don't be narrow minded. If a Nigerian is caught for a crime by all means let the authorities treat him like just any other human being in the world who is responsible for the choice he has personally made in life , and not " a typical Nigerian" . there is nothing like a typical Nigerian - we have all come from different homes and we bear different names. I don't know who Chris Hansen is and I don't know how he got involved in dealing with fraudsters anyway. Is it so that he can have a show to put on television ? Go figure, man.
Bros I think the person you should be shooting is your Chris Hansen
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 12:00am On Apr 01, 2008
@Omoovie

It shows how ignorant you are. I wonder what makes you think all Nigerians in the USA are 2nd class citizens? There are Nigerians enjoying the benefits of that country that even white men can only dream of. I don't usually like to argue with an ignoramus but somebody has to educate you. Even the good whole bible said " A man is more valuable in a domain other than his". Even Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ left his family to find Glory and serve the Almighty in other lands. It's always funny how deportees all of a sudden becomes a preacher of "Don't go to other lands". It's a matter of choice where you choose to reside just make sure you do right ! Africa in it's entirety is sick, sick of old and useless leaders, sick of corruption, sick of all-time violence. Imagine people like Adedibu in Ibadan controlling a government? The man that could barely speak a line of English. We need to find a way to resolve our differences other than "political assassinations", "Riots" and "thuggery". Burning tires on the streets !

@Akede-Oba

Chris Hansen should be shot for exposing a man that is trying to defraud him and his people of $5m ? This is part of the sentiments and lack of judgment that I'm talking about. We let our emotions and "Protect my people from responsibility" mentality cloud our judgment. What would you do if you have the chance to expose a man trying to defraud you?? IT IS NOT PATRIOTIC TO DEFEND CRIMINALS NO MATTER WHERE OR WHO THE ARE AND IT IS MY PATRIOTIC RIGHT TO EXPOSE ANY THING ILL THAT IS WRONG WITH MY COUNTRY. Maybe you should listen more to people like Prof. Wole Soyinka and see their views about the state of the nation or are you saying Prof. Soyinka is unpatriotic ??
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Finecat(m): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2008
@Omoovie

And most of the crimes you see on the TV you are talking about are usually committed by the black American folks, whose mentality are not far different from that of some Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by emonkey(m): 12:53am On Apr 01, 2008
Sweet T:

@Omoovie

It shows how ignorant you are. I wonder what makes you think all Nigerians in the USA are 2nd class citizens? There are Nigerians enjoying the benefits of that country that even white men can only dream of. I don't usually like to argue with an ignoramus but somebody has to educate you. Even the good whole bible said " A man is more valuable in a domain other than his". Even Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ left his family to find Glory and serve the Almighty in other lands. It's always funny how deportees all of a sudden becomes a preacher of "Don't go to other lands". It's a matter of choice where you choose to reside just make sure you do right ! Africa in it's entirety is sick, sick of old and useless leaders, sick of corruption, sick of all-time violence. Imagine people like Adedibu in Ibadan controlling a government? The man that could barely speak a line of English. We need to find a way to resolve our differences other than "political assassinations", "Riots" and "thuggery". Burning tires on the streets !

@Akede-Oba

Chris Hansen should be shot for exposing a man that is trying to defraud him and his people of $5m ? This is part of the sentiments and lack of judgment that I'm talking about. We let our emotions and "Protect my people from responsibility" mentality cloud our judgment. What would you do if you have the chance to expose a man trying to defraud you?? IT IS NOT PATRIOTIC TO DEFEND CRIMINALS NO MATTER WHERE OR WHO THE ARE AND IT IS MY PATRIOTIC RIGHT TO EXPOSE ANY THING ILL THAT IS WRONG WITH MY COUNTRY. Maybe you should listen more to people like Prof. Wole Soyinka and see their views about the state of the nation or are you saying Prof. Soyinka is unpatriotic ??

Everybody let's give this almost American guy a standing ovation . grin grin grin
I bet you don't know that no television program is produced and aired without a script . And no producer will do an uninteresting show, so the script must be made as interesting and sensational as possible so that advertisers will buy it , and the station will make more money. If you don't know , keep your mouth shut and go drink more liquor to "pa'ronu re" like many frustrated immigrant do when they have completely lost their bearing and life purpose .
Clearly you do not understand the point of the argument we are pursuing on this discussion, and you chose instead to get sentimental about the security of your tenure in a country where your demand will always take second priority to that of the natural citizens. You have again confirmed my early fear about yourself sir - a buffoon you are . Your fears will catch up with you sooner or later and you will yourself be "deported" , with nothing to show for your long years except a small American flag which you will go purchase at Oshodi for N100 and continue to wave all over Lagos till they finally lock you up inside Aro Mental Hospital for ever. grin grin grin
Have you ever met Wole Soyinka ? Have you ever heard him make general remarks about "Nigerians" ? I doubt if you can ever come to terms with what Wole Soyinka writes , not to talk of you understanding how he thinks.
You are clearly an illiterate trying to impress on this forum. The sad thing is that every post you make further exposes your ignorance. As my son will say, you are whacked , man !!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Dale1(m): 2:04am On Apr 01, 2008
Folks, pls don't fall into the temptation of attacking ourselves. I know we are passionate about our ideas, but personal attacks will not help us focus on the solution to our problems.
The bad guys are the evil professional politicians and if anything, let us direct our venom towards them and not towards each other.
Remember, they are enjoying the loot while you guys are bringing yourselves down and wearing each other out!!! Wake up my friends!!!! We can have very good, passionate and honest discussions without tearing ourselves down! Trust me, it is possible.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by FatherAita(m): 2:09am On Apr 01, 2008
I understand you my guy!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 2:14am On Apr 01, 2008
@Monkey

You are an ignoramus my friend. This is the reason why you got deported from the UK. You are crucifying the western world like it's plague and yet you claimed to have lived their for 15 good years before they deported you. If it was so bad here, why did you stay for 15 years! I've seen family members stay for 1,2,3 years and so on and returned back home because of one obligations or the other. Your bitterness for getting booted out after 15 years is showing my friend!! It shows how much of a hypocrites you are.

The so-called Nigerian founding fathers all the way from Chief Obafemi Awolowo to Chief MKO Abiola, all studied and stayed in the western world and still had businesses their before their demise. Nigeria is improving so good that the politicians and the Nigerian leaders send their children overseas. Nigerian is improving so bad they are running to South Africa and Ghana of all places. As I'm writing this right now some politicians or minister is sending his/her children overseas. Our universities are redued to nothing more than glorified high schools, science students in Nigeria don't even know what a DNA looks like. And you idiots wants us to keep quiet. Gone are the days when UI and OAU are known all over the world!

For every 2 steps Nigeria takes forward, The corrupt old fools called leaders drag it back 10 steps. Imagine what the ancient city of Ibadan looks like? Refuse everywhere! And yet they have a sitting governor! And this MONKEY wants us to keep quiet. You my friend, are a victim of your imagination. How many people defending Nigeria here over the age of 21 can honestly say that they have never applied for a visa? we will continue to expose the ills of our society until the voice of the true patriotic Nigeria is heard.

The few people making heads way in Nigeria work from sun up to sun down! They are slaving for people like Jim OVia (Alumni of Louisiana), Tony Olumelu (Alumni of Harvard). Mr Monkey get a reality bite and let's have an educated debate, don't let bitterness of past disappointment cloud your judgment. By the way, what do you do for a living in Nigeria??

And yes i have seen Wole Soyinka and the things he has to say about Nigeria will open your eyes. He was invited to my college when i was in college. So does Papa Enahoro. These are good people who knows the values of exposing societal ills.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by FatherAita(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2008
SIMPLE!

Nigerians are made scapegoats because non Nigerians are jealous of the God given talent, intelligence and smartness of Nigerians.

Come to think of it, is there any other nationality that is better than Nigerians? the answer is NOOOO

Your question thus should be;

1. WHY IS IT THAT WHITE ADULTS LIKE KIDNAPPING AND RAPING 3 - 4 YEARS OLD CHILDREN (BOYS & GIRLS)? abi you no dey listen to CNN, FOX, NBC for USA
2. WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE IN THE WESTERN COUNTRIES KILL THEIR WIVES OR HUSBANDS BECAUSE OF INSURANCE MONEY?
3. WHY IS IT THAT YOUNGER ONES IN WESTERN COUNTRIES DO NOT RESPECT ELDERS?
4. WHY IS IT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE WESTERN WORLD ARE GAYS & LESBIANS?
5. WHY IS IT THAT WOMEN CANNOT STAY IN THEIR HOMES WIHTOUT SOME PEEPING TOMS CARRYING OUT THEIR STUPID ACTS.
6. WHY IS IT THAT PEOPLE IN THE WESTERN COUNTRIES LOVE TO CHANGE THEIR SEX FROM WHAT GOD CREATED THEM IN e.g. MAN TO WOMAN, WOMAN TO MAN?
7. WHY IS IT THAT THERE IS NO VALUE FOR LIFE IN THE WESTERN COUNTRIES WHERE A 7 YR OLD BOY CAN SUDDENLY RUN INTO HIS FATHER'S ROOM, BRING OUT A GUN AND KILL A CREATION OF GOD.

The questions are endless but em stop at 7 because it is a spiritual number.

When you compare what Nigerians do to what people in Western countries do, then you will know NIGERIANS HAVE THE FEAR OF GOD.

It is good to travel out of Nigeria for if you dont, you can never appreciate you country.

Nobody is perfect, but Nigerians are the best.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 2:25am On Apr 01, 2008
@Dale1

The politicians and the ones that refuse to face the reality of the situation in Nigeria are our enemies. The last eight years were nothing close to improvement for Nigeria! The last eight years has allowed Ghana, South Africa, etc etc to gain better recognition than Nigeria. The last Eight years, corruption and desperation increased tremendously. Gone are the days when Dollars was $1=N5. Whenever you tell a Nigerian what are the improvement of the past few years? They start pointing to things like GSM, ATM. Things that are worldwide now. Even Gabon and Mali has all those. They forgot how bad our GDP and inflation has gotten. It takes sack loads of Naira to buy comfortable things these days. Our Democracy is being run by Glorify monkies like Baba Adedibu and Obasanjo. Peoples that belong in Jail for several atrocities. we need a honest and national debate to solve our problems and not undeserved pat in the back.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 2:29am On Apr 01, 2008
@fatheraita

No doubt people are jealous of us because we are threats in many positive ways. but we need to use our intelligence to build a better country, we deserve way more than Obasanjo and these leaders have given us. Our intelligence seems to have been detrimental to our honesty. All those things you mentioned happen in every society. It is the same logic that makes Bablawos in Naija use human skulls to make money. IT IS CALLED GREED.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Dale1(m): 2:31am On Apr 01, 2008
@ sweet T
Just off topic, I notice you live in big D? I live in Plano. Have you tried Murphy's? It's a good Naija eating place in Richardson, off Greenville avenue. Quite nice if you haven't tried it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 2:33am On Apr 01, 2008
@DALE1

Not yet but i will soon.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 2:40am On Apr 01, 2008
@MoNKEY

I have no fear in this country cause i'm more than legit. Unlike you, i've legitimate in this nation from the start. I'm entitled to everything every American gets. I've helped deport illegals like yourself and in the nearer future i will go to court and testify against any fraudulent Africans that has a case in the court of law. To prove to the whole world that it's not every Nigerian or Africans doing illegitimate things. Some of us are very honest and work hard to get to our goals. You keep talking about fears, i see what drove you back to Nigeria. CRIMINAL MINDS NEVER RESTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Buys $2.7bn Nigerian Crude In Six Months / How Can I Open A Webmoney Account And Fund It / Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.