Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? (7912 Views)

5 Nigerians Made Forbes Billionaires List Number Four Will Shock You / Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria? / Forbes 2015 Billionaires List Released. 5 Nigerians Made The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Dale1(m): 2:55am On Apr 01, 2008
@ sweet T
Cool. I took a friend from Atlanta there and he was very impressed. I thought that was cool coming from a guy who lives in Atlanta with it's huge Nigerian population, oh, I don't know the owner or anything like that, just thought you might want to try it.

As for the topic, Sweet T, I understand your passion and share in it but again, try to tone down the side that is directed at particular people like e monkey. For example, you don't know if he was deported or not; moreover, I suspect you said it in anger to hurt him.

The same goes for e monkey and the others who are attacking sweet T. Sweet T is entitled to his own opinions. Let us direct our anger towards the bad guys. You are not the bad guys. We know who they are.

As for me, I would of course prefer to live in my fatherland,  I know my colleagues in Nigeria who have built huge hospitals and businesses and the like and are way rich beyond words. But I'm not after just that, I chose to remain here for my own reasons. So let us spare ourselves the agony of personal attacks and focus on how to improve our image.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 3:02am On Apr 01, 2008
@Dale1

I'm trying to tone it down my brother but i don't need a man who stayed 15 years in the western world to be saying all that crap. If it was that bad, why wait for 15 years? I prefer to live in my fatherland too but the check my fatherland has given me came back insufficient!! It's one stupid fight after another, $16b electricity project and nothing to show for it. They shared it with the white men. Which is so annoying.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by emonkey(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2008
Sweet T:

@MoNKEY

I have no fear in this country cause I'm more than legit. Unlike you, i've legitimate in this nation from the start. I'm entitled to everything every American gets. I've helped deport illegals like yourself and in the nearer future i will go to court and testify against any fraudulent Africans that has a case in the court of law. To prove to the whole world that it's not every Nigerian or Africans doing illegitimate things. Some of us are very honest and work hard to get to our goals. You keep talking about fears, i see what drove you back to Nigeria. CRIMINAL MINDS NEVER RESTS.

I told you he is a security guard didn't I ?
And as you are so desperate to pull people down to your pea-brain level , I will tell you about myself . I run a well respected Technology Marketing company, and in fact it is cheaper for me to do my business outside the UK or elsewhere , that is why I am here. My web sites are www.websesame.com and www.earthsuche.com go look at them but I'm sure you'll still never be able to figure out what I do. Google it up and be afraid. I get consulted from all over the world.(sorry for the shameless self-promotion folks , but I can never resist such an opportunity wink ) . That is why we are asking Nigerians to grab knowledge abroad and then come back to use it to develop your country, and not rest on paltry rewards in some Never-never Land. I am done with you fellow.You are a bootlicker and you may probably never rise above that. Nonetheless I am not putting you down , but advising you to pull yourself up. I ordinarily have no patience for fools, but I am sure beneath it all you may be a nice person , just a lot confused and emotional; because I can't imagine that anyone can be so venomous against their roots. You don't insult your wife in public do you ? Unfortunately that is what most Nigerians do when they present their country to foreigners, and that is why the rest of us don't get much respect anymore - because of the flunky Nigerians who actively assist them to persecute other Nigerians for measly rewards. It is often said that it is criminals make the worst law-enforcers because they are hardest on other criminals - this is because they have lost all sense of human compassion and their basic instinct is to stand very far away from every indication that things are not well, so that they may not be taken as being part of the things that are not well. They enjoy pointing things out from afar - it is an evil way to live. I hope this discussion teaches everyone a ggod lesson though, most importantly that sometimes we must strongly disagree before we can become friends. I am not asking you not to live wherever you want fellow ; just stop pulling other people down and stop making irresponsible general remarks about "Nigerians". I don't know you, I don't know which home you have come from , and I don't know how many members of your family constitute the "8 out of 10" Nigerians who are arrested every day for crimes. I wish you well.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by shawn123: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2008
Sweet T:

@Vicade

Are you serious?? You think Lagos life represent the whole of Nigeria?? Get real bro'. There are so many kids in the north and even in the rural areas of the south that can not even go to the hospital when they get sick. I was at UCH in Ibadan recently and i literally shed tears listening to what some Doctors are saying about what sick people can afford to pay for medical expenses. They had to take up collections for some patients. I know some of the western media over sensationalize their story about Africa but some worrisome things do happen. Some kids are fixated on the same diets day in and day out. The salvation of any nation begins with an honest evaluation of the state of that nation. Let us not be afraid to air our dirty laundry they can only get better when we open them up.
dude get your facts right before your yap, People are not starving in the north: In katsina state for example, maleria treatment is free, antinatal free, prenatal free, hypetytis free. 50% of all surgery are paid by the government. Am not a northerner but i tell you most people in Lagos dont know nothing about the north because they have never left Lagos before. I have worked in different parts of Nigeria and i do know you are far from the truth. Look a friend of mine had to wait for summer to come to Nigeria to get his teeth filled, becaus he had to pay alot more in Atlanta to see a dentist, so get the picture everywhere has an advantage and disadvantage.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by shawn123: 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ SWEET T
Sometimes you make sense and sometimes you dont, why do i have a feeling you are one of those new guys that have just been give visa to the states. Definately a first timer. You feel like shooting some guys that tried to scam the nbc reporter. How about the white kids that walked into the classroom and shot all his classmates and teachers. How about Bush that kills innocent people in Iraq in the name of war just to make money. Dude grow up and look around you, dont let all the staging around you get into your head. Alot of people have been to the states and back, its really not big deal especially when you get pulled over and searched just because you are black. Physcological abuse is alot worse than physical abuse.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by deor03(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ sweet T

You should know now that you need to shift your position a little bit. If you have been watching or reading about the power projects in Nigeria recentl you would have noticed the mega scam by these so called otinbo people.
They are not saints , they are far from it. They are just using the power of the media to "colonise" people like you and their ignorant children. Like someone said , when NEPA start working, Transportation problem solved, Security enhanced, You can never compare Naija to all these places. In UK you are limited, even if you are a cleaner you will never be head of cleaning department.
Their children are not going to school hence they need "you " to come and slave for them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SENATORJD(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2008
they aint saints i agree to that but we folks down here are crazy too, got a mail from UNDP/NEPAD for recruitment for some work stuff with them and a training in yankee all expenses paid,then all of a sudden they demand $150 to be paid in a uba account in nigeria.
only to put a tab on it an realize it was a scam
and it generated from 9ja
so we folks have a lot of reputation builiding to do
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ e-monkey
e-monkey:

I don't know you, I don't know which home you have come from , and I don't know how many members of your family constitute the "8 out of 10" Nigerians who are arrested every day for crimes. I wish you well.
Oga, are you Uncle Bola Ige ? cheesy cheesy . Leave the poor guy alone and go your own way please.

@ senator jd
Every day i get dozens of mail with similar scams from European lotteries to Russian wives. Tell me which country does not have scammers . People will always offer to sell you a dog instead of a monkey , it is for you to be able to know the difference and reject it . Recruitment scams are a worldwide trick. It is even mentioned in the book I introduced at beginning of this discussion. Some crazy guy (either Nigerian or from another country) will always attempt to cheat you,IT IS NOW LEFT TO YOU NOT TO BE CRAZY also and accept. Even Bible says Beware of dogs.

Example of the mail I got today

The Camelot Group.
Operators of the National UK Lottery.
3b Olympic Way, Sefton Business Park,
Aintree, Watford , L30 1RD
REF N0: UKL/74-A0802742006
BATCH NO: 2006UKL-01

LOTTERY WINNING NOTICE

Congrats,
The United Kingdom National Lottery wishes to inform you that the results of the E-mail address of the ballot lottery international program will be held five times every year. Your email account have been picked as a winner of a lump sum pay out of Eight hundred and Sixty Thousand Great Britain pounds (£ 860,000,00 pounds sterling) in cash credited to REF: UKL/74-A0802742006. This is from total prize money of GBP £4,459,670.00 shared among the FIVE (5) international winners in this category.
please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences to our selected claim agent. Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program, before your claim agent could get this fund transferred into your account, He have to obtain a CERTIFICATE OF CLAIM AND INSURANCE CERTIFICATE from the Ministry of Justice of United Kingdom on your behalf; this is to certify you as original beneficiary of the winning fund. Therefore we will need you to send him these Details listed bellow to obtain the Certificate and insurance of Claim and for the authentication of your fund documents into your name and as to enable you alone to=2 0have access to this fund in any of the bank account of your choice in your country.
Here are the details

Your REF N0
Your FILE BATCH NO
Your full name.
Your full address.
Your private telephone, mobile and fax numbers.
Your country of origin.
Your date of birth.
Your Occupation.
Your Sex.
Your Marital status.

To begin your claim, please contact your claims agent :

Name : Mr DOUGLAS DUKE
Mobile: +447031821203
Email : douglasdukeagent@gmail.com

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotions program.
Sincerely,=2 0

Mrs. caroline owen,
Online Coordinator,
CAMELOT GROUP,
Operator of the National Lottery.

I am sure this "Duke" is not from Niger Delta area grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2008
And what about this :

We happily write to info you that your email has won a consulation prize of 500.000.00(Five Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds).to file your claim, please contact your fiduciary agent Mr. Billy Spencer with your Batch: 742701TL and Ref: BTD /610/07 and with the information below,contact him via email immediately within 24hrs Mr. Billy Spencer(Head Winning Claims Dept.) Email:mrbillyspenceruk@hotmail.com

And what about this from south Africa :

Ministry of Natural Resources
Department of Mineral and Mining
J.H.B.2001, South Africa
E-MAIL: drsanboma@workmail.co.za

KEEP AS CONFIDENTIAL

ATTN: Managing Director / Ceo

I am Dr. San Boma, a Director working at the Contract Awarding Commitee Department in the Ministry of Natural Resources Johannesburg, South Africa. I only got your contact details on my search through a conference forum held recently and organized by the South Africa Exchange On-Line World Trade Center, I decided to propose to you this Business Relationship / transaction in sincere confidence and genuine intentions.

PURPOSE:
On behalf of my colleague in the Department and an Official in charge of our Off- Shore Remittance at the Ministry, we are seeking your foreign co-operation and assistance for the transfer of Twenty One Million - Five Hundred And Forty Thousand United States Dollars (US$21,540.000:00 M) into your foreign account in overseas for further private investment purposes with you. Hence I seek and request your foreign assistance and anticipated
Co-operation.

SOURCE OF FUND:
This amount mentioned to be transferred into your foreign overseas account accured from an over- invoiced contract amount for the refurbishment and repairs of Mines and Equipment Supplies at the Nations Kruger Gold Minning Sector Johannesburg in the year 2007 by expatriate Contracting firm. The contract which was originally valued for One Hundred Million United States Dollars (US$100,000.000:00 M) was manipulated and invoiced to read One Hundred and Twenty One Million - Five Hundred And Forty Thousand United States Dollars Extra US$121,540.000:00.

Our intentions therefore are to transfer the remaning extra amount into your account, this contract at the Ministry has since been executed and the contractors had been paid all their contract invoice bills remaining the US$21,540.000:00 M as commission for me and my colleagues here.

REQUIREMENT:
What we expect from you during the course of your anticipated foreign co-opreation with us and your sincere willingness to precede are absoult Confidentiality.

DISBURSEMENT:
We have resolved that you will receive 25% of the total amount for your foreign assistance. There is no possibility for us here to claim the contract over-invoiced funds here in South Africa without a foreign assistance for the fact that we are civil servant and are prohibited from operating account on foreign currencies. 3% has been mapped out for any miscellaneous expenses incurred during the whole transfer / transaction process. The remaining 72% is for other two colleagues and me.

SECURITY:
All modalities to effect the payment and subsequent transfer of this money has been work out, this transaction is 100% risk free. Though you are required to treat this business with strict confidence as we expect this transfer process to last 10 - 14 banking / working days from the day we receive your banking information and other personal informations to use in accordiance. Kindly be informed that the nature of your business / work profile will not neccesssarily determine the success of this transaction.

I am waiting your immediate reply either through my e-mail: drsanboma@workmail.co.za

Best regards,

Dr. San Boma.

And I never knew Toyota had a lottery grin grin

TOYOTA LOTTERY HOUSE
YOU HAVE WON THE TOYOTA LOTTERY

You won the sum of £1,000,000 GBP and a toyota highlander car from
our monthly TOYOTA ADVERTISMENT LOTTERY PROGRAM,you are hereby
advised to get in touch with our payment center officer(Mr barry
Peterson)

Contact Mr. Barry Peterson
Email: officerpetterson@yahoo.com.hk
Phone:+447011141288

Claims Requirements:
1.full name:
2.Home Address:
3.Age:
4.Sex:
5.Occupation:
7.Phone Number:
8.Nationality
9.Country Of Residence.

Mr. Greg Albot
Online Co-coordinator

I will post more here as I receive them . Trust me wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by SweetT1: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2008
@Monkey

I feel very sorry for you. After 15 years in the UK, all you have to show for it is 2 undeveloped website with a picture of a white boy? All your days as janitor in the UK couldn't give you more than that to fall back on? SORRY. Get your facts right @sswipe, America is not like an European country where police have to chase you you around like a dog. There is what is called civil right and Nigerians and other Africans have won Millions of Dollars in lawsuits due to police malpractices. So what fears are you talking about?? I love Nigeria with a passion but it's people like you that have mis-represent Nigeria overseas by your criminal activities and now come back home filled with anger due to lost opportunities that i despise. Security Guards?? May be that's what you did for your entire 15 years!! You refused to believe that there are Nigerians in higher positions worldwide. I know 2 Nigerians that works for FBI in Chicago, another one works for CIA (North African intelligence unit). These are people that makes close to $100,000 per annum! You sit behind 2 undeveloped websites blowing smoke.

@Shawn123

Your friend came all the way from ATL to Nigeria to get his teeth fixed?? Does his name happen to be E-Monkey?? I feel sorry for your friend, it is obvious going by your post the level of your exposure and current affairs. I just had platinum crown put on my wisdom teeth and did not pay more than $50.00 co-payment, my dental insurance took care of the rest ( Almost $1500). Tell your friend to find another line of employment ! I refuse to stoop this low with you! Have a NEPAless night my friend. MAY GOD BLESS AFRICA, MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA !!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 12:14am On Apr 02, 2008
Sweet T:

@Monkey

I feel very sorry for you. After 15 years in the UK, all you have to show for it is 2 undeveloped website with a picture of a white boy?

Bros, are you looking at the same websites? i don't see any white boys and I think they look quite developed enough. No need to pull anybody down here .Let's face issues and not start going into blackmail. What you write here says a lot about you ,and I think you are defending yourself too much to be genuine. Do you also work for FBI ? I used to know a guy in uni who works for FBI. He has it written on his t-shirt "FBI agent" cheesy
Do you think he's a real FBI ?

A love letter email for me from a Russian Sweetheart

Hello!
How are you? I hope that all good for you and you will read my letter
with a interest. I the girl from Russia. My name is Evgeniya. I am
from Saint-Petersburg. I have fair hair and brown eyes. My height: 5 '
2 " and weight: 115 lbs. I am 27 years old. I have been born
10/29/1980. On star sign Scorpion. I work as the seller in shop home
appliances. I'm cheerful woman who like to go for sports and do all
what like are usual peoples. I am ready for creation family and want
it very much. I cannot find the man in Russia for myself because it
very hard in Russia. I want to create family and to live in your
country because the government to care about people. I want to live
and be sure in the future. In Russia it is not possible to live easy.
You understand me? To you probably it is interesting where I received
yours e-mail the address. I am right? I got your e-mail through
internet dating agency. I gave my letter to agency and they have told
that my letter will be send to man in Germany!!!! I want to arrive to
Germany and I have good chance for this. I need only man who can meet
me and probably we can to develop our relations. Some time back I'm
with my girlfriend were going to go in your country as tourists for
search of men for serious relations. But my girlfriend could not go
with me. She had problems with your family. But very soon I will
receive visa and I do not want to lose a chance to arrive in your
country. I will receive visa in 7 days for your country. Now I waiting
for reception of my visa. It will be great if you can meet me and we
can to have relations with you. I will be very happy if YOU will
answer to me. I will be very happy if you will write me and we will
have our meeting very soon. And it is possible we a meeting in 7 days
because I can arrive to you. Please tell to me about yourself a
little! I have questions for you. What is your full name? What your
age? In what city you live? I hope that you will answer to me back it
is very fast. I send you my photo. I hope that you will love wash a
photo. Send me your photo. I will wait your answer so much,

Write to me on e-mail: evgeniyaskrip@bk.ru

Yours Evgeniya
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:05am On Apr 02, 2008
WHY ARE NIGERIANS MADE SCAPEGOATS FOR SCAM ALL OVER THE WORLD.
The answer isnt far fetched " one bad orange spoils the whole basket". Although we might all choose to be patriotic and claim that Nigerians dont indulge in this activities, but we all know that is not the case. I have being in about 4 countries now, and I have observed the notorious and scandalous activities Nigerians undertake. Not to take away from many Nigerians who work hard to earn their living. The honest and desent ones seem to hide theirselves. It took a documentary by CNN for Nigerians in houston to make moves to better their image.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:08am On Apr 02, 2008
WHY ARE NIGERIANS MADE SCAPEGOATS FOR SCAM ALL OVER THE WORLD.
The answer isn't far fetched " one bad orange spoils the whole basket". Although we might all choose to be patriotic and claim that Nigerians dint indulge in this activities, but we all know that is not the case. I have being in about 4 countries now, and I have observed the notorious and scandalous activities Nigerians undertake. Not to take away from many Nigerians who work hard to earn their living. The honest and decent ones seem to hide theirselves. It took a documentary by CNN for Nigerians in Houston to make moves to better their image.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
I just won 1 million Euros . Please congratulate me everybody !

EURO LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL.
PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD DEPT.
REFERENCE: 98/67/IPB
BATCH: EGGS-946-806-499:
DATE: 27TH MARCH 2008.

AWARD WINNING NOTIFICATION / FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Euro Millions Lottery Winners International E-mail programs held on the 25TH OF MARCH 2008. Your E-mail address attached toTicket number 7536-943-824-976, Serial main number 648-950-442-827, Lucky star numbers 6482-98-7456.which consequently won in the 2ND category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of 1.000.000.00 Euro.(One Million Euro) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

(HOW DID I ENTER THIS CONTEST HOW DID YOU GET MY EMAIL ADDRESSHOW DID I WIN).

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 100,000 company and 50,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world.

This lottery was promoted and sponsored by Spanish European Lottery Board in conjunction with all international world organization such as,(UN,UNICEF,UNESCO)E.T.C in order to enhance and promote the use of Internet Explorer Users and Microsoft-wares around the globe.

To file for your claim, please contact our fiducial agent:
DR. ROBERT CHRISTOPHER
(LEXCOM SECURITY COMPANY ESPAСA)
CONTACT CLAIMS AGENT ON TEL:0034-690-305-735
Email: INFOLEXCOMOFFICE@AIM.COM

Be Sure this Verification and Funds Release Form is sent to the Fiduciary agent for quick verification and funds release purpose Email: infolexcomoffice@aim.com

1.FULL NAMES:__________________________________
2.CONTACT ADDRESS:_____________________________________________
3.SEX:_______________4.AGE:__________________
5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________
6.OCCUPATION:________________________
7.WINNING EMAIL ADDRESS:_________________________
8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________
9.REFENCE NUMBER:________________BATCH NO__________
10.CITY/STATE:__________________________________________
11.COUNTRY______________________________________________
12.NATIONALITY__________________________________________

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than one month,After this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake.
Please note in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence. Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
MRS, MARIANA S. JOSE
VICE PRESIDENT
EURO SPANISH LOTTERY BOARD
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2008
And South African Lottery too . This is my lucky day !!

2010 SOUTH AFRICA LUCKY BET PROMOTION AWARD,CALL AND CLAIM YOUR FUND
Phone: + 27- 72-866-3918
Email:fair1413@hotmail.com

Congratulations!

The 2010 SOUTH AFRICA LUCKY BET PROMOTION Promotion is proud to inform you that you have won US$ 1,950,000.00.(ONE MILLION NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY)

Why you have won, 2010 SOUTH AFRICA LUCKY
BET PROMOTION LOTTERY collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to INTERNET, we only select 19 people every Month as our winners through electronic balloting System without the winner applying for the lottery or purchase the tickect, we congratulate you for being one of the people selected.

Your E-mail address is one of 19 lucky Addresses who have won in the Month Promotion.

I wish to congratulate you on your victory; Winners shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Stated below are your identification numbers:

AND YOU ALSO WIN A FREE TICKET TO WATCH SOCCER WORLD CUP BY 2010 WORLD CUP HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA AND FREE ACCOMMODATION IN ONE OF THE 5 STARS HOTEL HERE BY FIFA IN 2010.

Details on the Winnings

BATCH NUMBER: 201008.
REFERENCE NUMBER: BB/123/BB/7070
PIN: 9090
FILE NUMBER: FLIE//6767/1312.
SECURITY CODE:2007/2008

You are required to forward the details of winning to the Claim Agent to help facilitate the processing of your claims.

Make sure that you call the claim agent office,call Mr.Eric Mambo so that he will know that you the rightfull winner of this Lottery and urge him to help you facilitate the processing of your claim,dont faill to call The Claim Agent Office.

Remember, you must contact your claim agent Mr. Eric Mambo, Call him claim your prize.

send your reference and batch number and all the above information’s to the claim agent through email address and call him to let him know that you have contacted him through email.

For claiming of your prize and remember to quote your reference and Batch Number for easy processing of your prize. That's it!

Contact The Claim Agent Mr. Eric Mambo with Below Informations.

For further confirmation Please contact Claim agent office at .

CLAIM AGENT OFFICE CONTACT.
MR. ERIC MAMBO
Claim Agent.
Fax: +27-86-662-2373.
Email: fair1314@hotmail.com

You have to note that the FIFA SUPPORT AFRICAN TEAM in CONJUNCTION WITH SOUTH AFRICA NATIONAL GAMBLING BOARD,to create awareness for the upcoming 2010 FIFA world Cup, which is to be host by South Africa, is sponsoring this program.

Congratulations once again.

IT IS OUT OF GREAT TRIBULATION THAT HEROES USUALLY EMERGE.

Regards.
MRS CANDY FREE.
Promotion Manager/.
2010 SOUTH AFRICA LUCKY BET PROMOTION.
Email: fair1314@hotmail.com
Email: fair1413@hotmail.com

Contact your claim officer with details above
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by donchichi: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2008
Akede-Oba:

I just won 1 million Euros . Please congratulate me everybody !

Why will a eurepean lottery have an email address with AIM instead of a mail address with its own domain?!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2008
donchichi:

Why will a eurepean lottery have an email address with AIM instead of a mail address with its own domain?!!

I wonder O !! Why would the governor of the central bank for nigeria be sending email to some idiot american who he doesn't know to come collect $10 million dollars in Nigeria . And some fall for it . Isn't it crazy ?

I just got another one . Certainly not from Lagos . (Did this one teach nigerians or did nigerians teach him ?) Wonders will never end.

Dear Friend,

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we have not yet met. After searching through your country's Chamber of Commerce and industry here in London I am contacting you to assist me, I have to say that I have no intentions of causing you any pains as you read this. I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Prof.FRANK ADAM, a professor of chemistry here in London, presently taking medical treatment.

I have been diagnosed with Prostate and Esophageal a cancer that was discovered very late due to my uncaring attitude for my health. It has defiled all form of medicine and right now, I have only about a few months to live according to medical experts. To be frank with you, I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business and money.

Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that I know my time is almost up, I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth.

So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations here in UK, United Arab Emirates and Ireland. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this my self any more. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and donate the money which I have there to some charity organizations in Bulgaria, they refused and kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be content with what I have left for them. The last of my money is the huge cash deposit (20mGBP) that I have with a Finacial Instute. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations and let them know that it is I, Prof.FRANK ADAM that is making this generous donation. I am writing this from my laptop computer in my hospital bed where I wait for my time to come.

As soon as I received your sincere response, I will hence give you my attorneys contact who is in the position to give you all the necessary details of how this can be done. I pray that you will support and assist me with good heart so that I can be able to achieve my goal. If you accept to help me do this, I promise you a reward of 30% of the (20mGBP).

PLEASE DO CONTACT ME ON THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS:proff.frankadam@yahoo.com

Thank you for understanding.
PROF.FRANK ADAM.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2008
And it appears that a lot of people are dying from cancer today and don't want to take their money to heaven , so they are strongly considering me because I am the greatest man of God in the world grin grin

DEAR RECIPIENT,

I AM MRS. EDWARDS, A CANCER PATIENT; I SEEK YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE TO READ THROUGH MY MESSAGE.

I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU CAN HANDLE A GODLY PROJECT THAT WILL INVOLVE 10.5MILLION (US DOLLARS) ON MY BEHALF AND FOR YOUR EFFORT, YOU WILL RECEIVE 5% OUT OF THE MONEY, PLS NOTE, ALL I WANT YOU TO DO IS TO INVEST MONEY ON CHARITY FOUNDATION BASED ON INSTRUCTIONS FROM ME, I FAILED TO HELP THE NEEDY WHEN I WAS STRONG AND NOW I AM REAPING WHAT I SOWED AND I HAVE DECIDED TO MAKE PEACE WITH MY GOD BY GIVING THE EARTHLY THINGS WITH ME.

DUE TO MY CONDITION, I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU AS FAST AS YOU THINK, BUT WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, I WILL LIKE TO LEAVE A GOOD LEGACY.

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO THIS, CONTACT ME FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT ME AND THE CHARITY FUND I WANT TO PLACE WITH YOU.

PLS CONTACT ME ONLY IF YOU ARE SINCERE AND GODLY IN NATURE.

MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU.

MADAME EDWARDS.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2008

Oh dear ! I am the next of kin to a dead millionaire !! cheesy cheesy

For Your Kind Attention.

We are a Corporate Financial Service Provider in Europe. We had a customer who deposited 24.3 million pounds with us and eventually died without any reference to a next of kin.

In accordance with the EU Trust and Federal Laws, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, his investments with our Financial Trust shall revert to ownership of the government of the country of the said investments if nobody applies as the next of kin to claim the investments.

Since you share the same surname with this client, I want to present you to stand in as the next of kin so that you and I can benefit from this investment equally (i.e. 50% for you and 50% for me). I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect us from any breach of the law.

If this proposal is acceptable to you, kindly indicate your full names, your private telephone, fax numbers and location where the money will be remitted.

I will instruct you on the next step to take.

With friendly greetings,

Michael C. Johanson.

O ga o !!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by favcom(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2008
For whatever reasons, many Nigerians have resorted to the ignoble act of scamming, but that doesn't make everyone of us a scammer. It can be very annoying when someone accuses you for what you never did
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by AkedeOba(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2008
favcom:

For whatever reasons, many Nigerians have resorted to the ignoble act of scamming, but that doesn't make everyone of us a scammer. It can be very annoying when someone accuses you for what you never did

Correction sir, "some Nigerians" and not "many Nigerians" . There is a difference. And as I have demonstrated by examples of scam mail that I receive everyday , scammers come from every part of the world . I live in UK by the way. The reason why the typical westerner find the Nigerian scam intolerable is the disgrace of being outwitted by a person that you think is mentally inferior to you - a black man.
Therefore dear Nigerians get used to the fact that you may indeed be mentally superior , and begin to use that wisdom for good things that will benefit the country and the world . There was a time also that the Lebanese were considered the most dangerous people to do any business with . There was a time also that nobody would buy anything from china or japan because they were considered inferior. now see where they are now. We must start being great from somewhere.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Albato(m): 7:37pm On Apr 04, 2008
My brother the truth is that we are always almost responsible for any of those accusations. You need to meet some of our boys out here. Many are invloved in either credit card fraud, passport runs or drugs. I sometimes visit a pub near where I live on weekends. Come and see our boys spending money like water. Sometimes I wonder if this is the same pounds that I literarilly slave to get mine. Many times I have been approached to offer my bank account for them to use in their runs - they will tell you they want to deposit money into your account and give you a percentage. Others want you to cash a cheque. New comers are very vulnerable here. What with someone telling you to offer your bank account so he can deposit £20,000 and give you £1000 in 2 weeks. Really tempting until the police come after you and you find you are alone. The guy will be untraceable because they always have plenty fake IDs. Most dont even have papers.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by damola1: 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2008
You are absolutely correct, boys are bad, and Nigeria boys are quite talented even in badness, we cannot rule that out!

Listen, I live, eat and drink with boys, but what I have found out is that, boys have given up on this country. And the worst thing that could happen to a man is loss of hope, loss of direction, loss of vision.

The point is: if we the good ones fight back, and not allow them ( the bad ones or those that choose to insult us(foreigners)) trample over us, and take a great pride in what we own, there's a great chance that very soon, things will fall in place.

Listen, I have managed people from different walks of life, chinese, british, americans, and I know none is better, in fact they cannot deliver what we can deliver.

I want you to stand up and fight back, if a boy tells you this country is finished, tell him it's not, tell him the Lagos state govt. is trying, tell him the power project is being revived and thats why we have incompetent fools disgraced on national TV, tell him  6 governors that got in through the back door have been kicked out, tell him he cannot give up, if he believes, I tell you, this boys are hard fighters too, they can fight (you need to feel their intellectual delivery when they deal with their magas), only they need direction.

they need a reason to fight, and only you can give them this reason because our govt. don't even have time for them yet, only you can give them a reason to push, and standup once again, then don't stop there, just like the likes of Pat Utomi, or those that we perceive good are trying in business and politics, we should try in our own way to force these animals who continue to destroy what is left.

Alas, once the leadership is better or better still, we can have a stronger followership that holds the leadership responsible, there's a focus, there's a dream, and boys will be better,  NO body give our boys a chance, they only took an easier route, 

You and I can give them a reason to say, Nigeria is Great, and indeed it'll be great. in fact, It must be great, no other choice but Greatness!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by Albato(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2008
At the rate I get unsolicited scam mails (mostly from naija judging by the names), its a tough battle we got in our hands. Every young person grows up with the false doctrine that the foreigners robbed our forefathers and we got to steal back from them. They believe its a sign of weakness to do 9 to 5.

You cant imagine the ridicule we face everyday from other African countries (including Zimbabweans that cant even run a democratic govt). They view us with suspicion. They believe every Nigerian is there to defraud the system. Its embarassing sometimes. And then our home videos (which they all love very much ironically) is not helping matters. The only thing they show is juju, 419 and other shameful ills of society in naija. Granted they protray the affluent side of us with those big houses (which has given us some respect) but that bad "scammy image" is always there. God help us all.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by maryray(f): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ shawn123, seems u are d only person that makes sense here. u are so saying d truth about d girl in texas, tsweet or whatever her name is. one of those people that are always trying 2 impress d colourless(white). they will forever live in ignorance and dream world, and yet she had d guts 2 insult monkey.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by tyna1(f): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2008
Foundation's Officer,Fondazion Di Vittorio, ITALYhttp://www.fondazionedivittorio.it
Dear Donation Beneficiary,
The Fondazion Di Vittorio, ITALY, is glad to notify you that you havebeen chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients ofa cash Grant/Donation.
To celebrate the 7th anniversary program, the Fondazion Di Vittorio,ITALY in conjunction with other relevant bodies is giving out a yearlydonation of ¤100,000,000 (One hundred Million Euros) to 100 lucky recipients.You were selected among the luckyrecipients to receive the award sum of ¤1,000,000.00 ( One millionEuros) as charity donations/aid from the Fondazion Di Vittorio, ITALYin accordance with the enabling act of Parliament. Please endeavor to quote your Qualification numbers(N-222-6747,E-900-56) quotein alldiscussions. when sending your claimsinquiries to Financial Officer.
SEND ALL YOUR CLAIMS AND INQUIRIES INCLUDING YOUR NAME,
CONTACTADDRESS,OCCUPATION AND PHONE NUMBERS TO:
Mr.Claudio GiovanniExecutive Secretary,Fondazion Di Vittorio.Email: foundation_officercontact01@yahoo.it
All information is strictly confidential and will only be used for thepurpose to which it is been requested.
On behalf of the Board, kindly accept our warmest congratulations.
Regards. Jennifer PuzoNOTE:YOU ARE TO SEND YOUR REPLY TO THISEMAIL:foundation_officercontact01@yahoo.it
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by tyna1(f): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2008
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by tyna1(f): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2008
I am coming back to Nigeria after 5yrs and am not been deported.There is no place like home. I believe that i have to come and share whatever knowledge that i have gained outside ,if we all can invest in Nigeria it will create employment ,it is time we start thinking about manufacturing most of the things for ourselves .Nigerians are smart and intelligent people that survives no matter the situation .So let us survive together.You have all made your points what is the way forward? Scams are all over,just don't be greedy for quick money.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by tinard(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2008
Every one in life is aspiring to be better than his neighbour and this is most common amongst us Africans. However few among us have morals so will endeavour to make it one way or another. That;s why blood money and scams has always been rampant in Africa, It is not as though we are scapegoats. We might not be the author of most scams but we do it the most. It's the same as most things in life either good or bad. We find out about it and we try to adopt it in our life.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by stag: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
they can write. what they cant do is make me feel Nigeria is less a country than theirs. i am proudly Nigerian!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by OpeLovely(f): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2008
Because we're intelligent and unfortunately out of every 5 fraudsters, 3 are Nigerian. But hey, man must chop even though the economy cannot cater to everyone like they do in China. I ain't supporting scam but i'm sure if they use their brains for legitimate ventures, they will be kingpins.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Made Scapegoat For Scams All Over The World? by cgem: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2008
Hello all,

The 419 thing has finally been publicized by the most popular black woman in the world. Oprah winfrey on her show with Brian Ross of ABC news said all Nigerians are fraud stars. The topic of the show was "Internet scams by Nigerians"
At the moment in the world today Nigerians are at great disadvantage. In Australia they do not allow wire transfers to Nigerians. In the US Daily Times and New York Times they always warn American citizens about having to do anything with Nigerians.
Several times on ABC news, they have focused on Nigerian scams to enlighten the americans. Infact they have come to lagos before to arrest yahoo boys in cafes! Straight from New York.
It is a pity, for those of you that have been to Europe and America you know how Nigerians are viewed. Even on Nairaland people bring in healthy discussions and some others are trying to bring in scam adverts to make quick money. Agreed not all Nigerians are fraudsters, but I mean most of the emails scams that are sent to 100s of millions every day are coming from this part of the world.
Nigerians are intelligent but a lot of people direct their intelligence to criminality. Even at student level when one becomes a student union government, his year plan is to buy a car before he leaves. Let the yahoo boys look at people that have directed their intelligence to bringing fame to the country and to them selves. Take a look at Prof Olufunmilayo Olopade, who won the McArthur genius award, for her work on breast cancer, take a look at Chimanda the lauret writer, and many others, these are people that we should cue from.
For all you of that are just trying to get out of the borders of Nigeria to perpetrate crime, You shall no no peace and the end shall be distastrous for you. Let us give our country a good name and stop shitty emails trying to defraud other careless or greedy people.
The latest news rocking this country is federal government expenditure of $16billion on power, with little or no light to common Nigerians. Look at China as big as it is only 2.2billion USD is used to rebuild Beijing for the common wealth games! Sarkozy, the French president was in the middle east to sign a number of contract with at least 4 countries for provision of Nuclear power by france and that contract was just $10billion. Now compare that with Nigeria and see how corruption have eaten so deep! I love Nigeria, but we should join hands and make Nigeria a better place.
There are a lot of issues and this is spreading like a cancer. Comments please on this this thread.
Here is a link http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2186033,00.html
Check out the comments on Oprah's statement from people from all over the world.
I don't support what oprah has said. But Yahoo boys and our corrupt leaders have messed all your good buisiness and creative minded Nigerians up.
You need real hard work to get to the top!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Buys $2.7bn Nigerian Crude In Six Months / Oil Workers End Nationwide Strike, Reach Deal With FG / How Can I Open A Webmoney Account And Fund It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.