Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (64954 Views)

Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OgaTheTop2: 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
neksummi: Shame leave the man come catch me!
cheesy grin.. It's a serious mata.. cool
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by tonididdy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
tonididdy: this ish don go viral na...op goto the oga at the top websites like facebook twitter utube go lay your complain.
or goto www.nairaland...THATS ALL not this ogbonge oga at the top nairaland
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by crackhouse(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
Orpelin: oga OP, stop dis ur sermon for now jo.
This is currently trending thing but I need To Ask My Oga At The Top about ww.ncdsc.datsall

#Dats all 4 now#
this post made me laugh soteeeee, i come begin dey cough. but my oga on top will understand why i coughed.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Peterwins(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
I am trying to look positively at the creative/business opportunities (especially amongst the youth) of this trending "my oga at the top" though it may fade sooner than expected.

1. My oga at the top radio and tv adverts for FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) targeting young people.

2. My oga at the top home video.

3. My oga at the top T-Shirts.

4. My oga at the top music (heard one this morning on radio).

5. My oga at the top car stickers, banners, etc.

6. My oga at the top website.

If Mr Obafaiye Shem (the Lagos State NCDSC commandant) that sparked off this trend could go to the Nigeria copyright council/commission and secure a right to the use of "my oga at the top" as an intellectual property, he could become a multi-millionaire. His ridicule could become a source of income for him. Imagine turning shame to fame and wealth!!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Sleekydee(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Lobatan.

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OgaTheTop2: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
chiboy11: Lol
cool ... Spot on... cool

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by raynold(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
brb i need to ask "my oga at the top" if the @op is high..

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by adexsimply(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
cr7lomo.:

Y can't u nd d guys dat clickd like grow up 4 1s in ur life. I dnt tink any mature person wil kip on makin jokes til nw, unless his jobless. I tink its poverty dat is cosin dis tin. If dey say u r 12yrs, I wud bliv
WAITee!! WAITee..how could you CATEGORICALLY draw that conclusion without asking your OGA AT the TOP?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by shawndhabi: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
SlyIg: My oga at the top must have send Acidtalk to bring up this thread. Let me not say it sha because i may say it now and my oga at the top will say another thi. Dats all.

lol. I need to ask my oga at the top if this ur english correct at all. lol. na wa
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
crackhouse: this post made me laugh soteeeee, i come begin dey cough. but my oga on top will understand why i coughed.
Dry cough abi? grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hahahaha; but he'll have to ask his oga at the top first.....
kunletiwoo: He might decide to buy up the designer store and pay them off oo! Lmao!!! grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by yavo2: 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
acidtalk:
When a certain Nigeria Civil Defence Corp bigwig appeared on Channels Television some days back, a tsunami of various kind of jokes swept the entire airwaves and social media on how the guess kept on referring to his boss several times as "my oga at the top" and how the man basically doesn't know his organizations website address.

People of all ages and class had various Display Pictures on their Blackberry Phones, Twitter, Facebook and other social networking websites.

The mistake we all are making is we aren't concerned if the man was able to give substantial answers to vital questions thrown to him, example is clearing the air of the allegations made by the public that the agency is deep into job racketing.

If after posting dehumanizing jokes, graphical and video image on the man from National Civil Defence Corp it doesn't still bring abount accountability and transparency in the agency, then who is now the big fool? Is it the Man who kept praising "his oga at the top" while still getting kick backs from job racketing and other corruption based practices or the masses who were once making jest of the officer and are still jobless and with no hope of getting a job.

Nigerians should also realize they are doing the Officer more good than harm. Nigeria is a nation operated and governed on the basis of sentiments. Once you superior sees you as someone who is loyal and cool headed, they overlook your very great flaws which may include ignorance, corruption and even sluggishness.

A man who came on National Television to keep showring praises at "his oga at the top" even while being made to look silly is no where a fool. He understand the "Laws Of Power" as well as the Nigerian Hirachy rules and regulations and his acting according to the script perfectly. No one should be surprised if within a few months, this man that is being made jest of today for his ignorance is promoted severally even before his promotion is due.

The current president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan is a typical example of someone who understands the Nigeria Policy. When his former boss and Governor of Bayelsa was facing allegations of money laundry and embezzlement by the EFCC and Bayelsa State. House Of Assembly, all indications were obvious of his boss impeachment and Jonathan rising to the number one seat of his state as Governor, he (Jonathan) was never in a hurry to take over power. He praised his former boss even after he became governor. Same scenario took place a few years later only this time he assumed the president of Nigeria. Yet with all the many flaws of Jonathan and his government today, never has once Jonathan come out to run down the late President Umar Yaradua or his policies while in power.

There are rules in leadership and followership and the number one binding rule is Loyalty.

For those mocking this man about not knowing his organization's website address, even though it won't stand as an excuse not to know it, do this people also realize that more than 95% of our present Bank CEO's do not also know their bank's website or slogan. Most Nigerian Senators, Honorable members, Ministers and Governors can't recite Nigeria's National Pledge not to talk of the Anthem.

Let's start tackling more inportant issues and look for solutions rather than being engrossed in irrelevant and nonbeneficial discussions.

This whole saga is a reflection of the rot in our entire country (including your post)...are you suggesting that the laws of leadership and followership encourages ineptitude? Lets call a spade a spade...this guy blew it! The best way to tackle it is to laugh it off...excellence should be encouraged in every sphere of life. Besides loyalty and excellence are not mutually exclusive!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by crackhouse(m): 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
@Op, i can see that you are among the people that got an employment in NSCDC through this man.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Jonnysteve: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
My oga @ d top pls kip quite if u no get any tin serious 2 say
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
This has got to be the biggest joke of the century from Piers Morgan; Lol
Sleekydee: Lobatan.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Costa2000(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
Who wan stop My Oga at the Top?.No let My oga at the top catch u oooo.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Ogaatthetop3: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
@OP, i have sent an emmisary to file some disciplinary measures against that NCDSC guy for disgracing me! angry If any of you has a question, feel free to ask me and if any mod bans you, call my number and i will pour hot oil on him. I am in Control
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
The ladies are the bum....
Oga@TheTop:

cool ... Spot on... cool
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by hariorh: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
ngoziliz: Please what is the origin of 'oga at the top'?

Let me ask my oga at the top!!!

Oh! He said u must be a learner wink
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
yavo2:

This whole saga is a reflection of the rot in our entire country (including your post)...are you suggesting that the laws of leadership and followership encourages ineptitude? Lets call a spade a spade...this guy blew it! The best way to tackle it is to laugh it off...excellence should be encouraged in every sphere of life. Besides loyalty and excellence are not mutually exclusive!

You should be the Oga at the top... angry

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Ichiddy: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
my oga at the top must read dis first
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by donsteady(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Buy one get one befor my oga at the top say another thin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Yoshiyuki(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
solomonkane:
@OP: This has got to the biggest piece of gutter trash I have ever had the misfortune of reading (and I served in a public secondary school); a tale of fury, told by an idiot, signifying nothing (apologies to Shakespeare). Wrong spellings, horrible sentence formation, nonsensical opinions e.t.c. If your write up is indicative of your thought processes and command of the English language, I cringe in horror trying to imagine what you would have said if you had been in the man's shoes. Please get yourself copies of Brighter Grammar and learn how to articulate your thoughts properly.

I couldn't agree more with Solomonkane. When I saw the topic, I was under the impression that I would be reading a well thought out write up laced with strong arguments and presented in an engaging manner. What the OP, acidtalks or whatever it calls itself, did was come up with one of the worst piece of cow manure that i have also had the misfortune of reading. However, the remarks that followed reminded me of why I love NLers so much because nobody is taking this clown seriously.
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by ipasco: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
while we laugh we also report the shamelessness of our beloved country.
hariorh:

OP didn't say u shouldn't laugh. But then again, what's the point of laughing today and see more of these bloopers tomorrow? The future of this nation is been messed up by some bunch of disgraceful old men and the best we can do is to laugh...and continue laughing... Then what happens next

Obviously, we all pretend it never happens and continue to enjoy our "happy" suffering...

Mtcheeeeeew!!!

Even the jobless ones on NL are laughing... Guess its not dawned on them yet. angry
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by OgaTheTop2: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
sanb: Hahahaha; but he'll have to ask his oga at the top first.....
OMG! grin grin grin, Who exactly is this Oga at the TOP self? cheesy grin
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by tiwantiwa: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
That joke cant stop. more more i see a new perspective to it , the more i view the video and the harder i laugh. it is a pure , undiluted joke, this type of jokes does not happen except in special circumstances.
i am beginning to see that may be the best way to start beating the demons in nigeria. the statement Oga at the top if properly analysed can reveal a lot of things ...

our creativity in time of pressure
real time financial opportunity in such situation
potential of starting an oga at the top must stop movement ( that will help us as a nation)
the hidden potentials of nollywood
the reality of blame game
the need to always be prepared as the Boy scouts will say
the lack of content in our social media circle
the true level of our internet literacy
the clueless-ness (sic) or powerlessness of even the powerful. Almost everyone has had his oga at the top moment, some are more graphic than the others
the real truth of the whole human problems ... there is truly an OGA at the top

sadly most people will only see the cover of this joke, they wont have the gut to examine the content

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju:
cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Eneche Blasts Governors / Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? / Alex Otti Sworn-In As Abia Governor, Ikechukwu Emetu As Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.