Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy (19001 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by aieromon(m): 9:19am On Mar 15, 2013
I fail to see how this makes a solid case for a presidential pardon. Comparing him with Awolowo and Ojukwu even makes it all the more absurd.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by metti(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2013
angryOkupe is a theif so why will he not support a theif? President Jonathan I hail oh!!!!
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by texazzpete(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope: This is a fact and it isn't new. Go and check all the news and even threads on NL dating back as much as 3 to 4 years and you will see it clearly. Alameisegha was the biggest factor behind the Niger Delta amnesty.

Whether you agree that that is enough for him to get pardon is another debate entirely. But it is a known fact that Alameseigha was the man that got the militants to drop their arms and accept amnesty. He still remains a respected leader because of what he did for those guys over the years.

You will be fooolish to expect that those youths will throw him under the bus because of his corruption case when he has really helped them for years.

Alams my backside! MONEY was the big reason why the MEND criminals dropped their arms, not Alams. The GEJ administration basically promised them a massive payout, replete with jaunts in the top hotels in Abuja, beautiful mistresses and exotic cars...and they still get to make billions by illegal bunkering!

Despite nearly N100b budgeted for amnesty, more than 150,000 barrels of oil are still stolen everyday, with the blessings of these 'pardoned' warlords who are tasked with the security of the pipelines. Fewer pipelines are being blown but more oil is being stolen...with the tacit silence of the GEJ administration.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by BashMe1(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2013
I hope all the Nigerians who voted Jonathan in r sure enjoying the benefits they expected of him since his assumption to office. May God Help U All, Judases....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by najoke: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
Okukpe is‎​ A Senseless9gerian

angry
^
LOL.... grin
But come to think of it, its true sha.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2013
I agree with most commentators here that Alams is in no way, comparable to Ojukwu and Awolowo. That notion is just absurd!

Anyway, GEJ's pardoning of Alamieyeseigha was unnecessary, because by 2016, he would have been eligible to contest for public office or be appointed to a company board. The 1999 constitution (as amended) stipulates that a convict will be barred from holding any type of public office within 10 years of his/her conviction.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by bjdon: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2013
I don't support GEJ, in fact I think he is one of the worst Presidents we've had in this country. However in this case I think we need to be realistic. The fact is Almas is a very big man in the Ijaw nation (for better of for worse). He actually has much more 'street cred' than GEJ. If this pardon was not given, I am sure we would have seen a resumption of bombings and all the other issues that would have hindered the economy. I don't like the pardon, but if it helps to keep the creeks calm then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by S2kluv: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2013
GEJ Administration is d worst admin Nigeria ever had, how can a criminal be pardon because of baseless excuse. GEJ 4 LIFE, i salute ooooo
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by henryblaze25(m): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2013
I wonder why people keep running their mouths over this issue, dis man has accepted he messed up and also volunteered in making sure Amnesty was a success, we have all forgotten that just now because the Crude oil production has gone up again. If to say Militants still dey blow up oil facilities I 4 see if una 4 no call him name make e talk to Militants to accept Amnesty. In as much as am concerned, He is a victim of circumstance cos we still have a lot of Governors that did worse than him are still working freely today.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by coalcoal1(m): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

No matter what you think, you cannot change the fact that Alams was the guy the FG under Yaradua called upon at that crucial time to get the militants to embrace peace and amnesty. That is a historical fact!

laptop number pls.....

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by dady12: 9:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Gej is out of his senses by comparing a criminal with awolowo,i am not supprise about how his influences of making curruption an order of the day,i an expecting him to give alams one of the higher national honour ,if alam make militant to embrace annesty and found guity of financial embezzlement,does that stop him of serving his jail terms?he should make him minister of petroleun since alam ,a looter has turn to a factor of economic stability.retardee president ,second phase pardon list is coming and bode goerge ,cecilia ibbru and others must make that list

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ayox2003: 9:33am On Mar 15, 2013
Most people don't know the gravity of the pardon, really.
Cos if we know, we should be on the streets rightnow.
I mean, the headline on Yahoo and HuffingtonPost was "Nigeria pardons a criminal". They didn't wanna know if he's from south-south or Ijaw.
This president has dragged the whole nation into the mud. I will not vote for him. Never. He must go. This is the last straw!

Frawzey

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by JAZES(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2013
I think is better for GEJ to stop talking and allow this thing to die a natural death over time.
After all he said he owe no one an apology, he should just STFU.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by vedaxcool(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2013
Now only foolish people would continue to defend this kind of govt, but trust even the fool abati who wrote stinging criticism of Alams would shake his hand with somberness too! A word is enouggh for the wise we need to remove this imbecill come 2015, or else . . .
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ayodelem(m): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2013
I don't expect anything from GEJ,he and his team are heplessly hopeless
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Desola(f): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2013
phemieojelabi: He has again show his level of docility,and support to embezzlement.

It's high time people start recognising that jonathan is far from docile. He is a calculating evil and I envisage him to be worse than babangida himself. He is our greatest undoing and he is unfolding before our eyes each dawn. By the time jonathan is done with us in 2015, some of us might actually be fighting to get entry clearance into Somalia.

Fasten your seat belts all, there are more jokers in jonny's hat.

Mariwo la ri, aa ti r'egun!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by coalcoal1(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2013
Surely, jonathan is not going to win the next election come 2015
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by vanstanzy(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2013
But ofcourse, Alams is crucial for the ease of siphoning Nigerias wealth. grin grin grin grin grin GEJ, our Oga at the top, u are too much!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by jadakiss213(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2013
ayox2003: Most people don't know the gravity of the pardon, really.
Cos if we know, we should be on the streets rightnow.
I mean, the headline on Yahoo and HuffingtonPost was "Nigeria pardons a criminal". They didn't wanna know if he's from south-south or Ijaw.
This president has dragged the whole nation into the mud. I will not vote for him. Never. He must go. This is the last straw!

Frawzey
'Nigeria pardons a criminal'.So?who then needs a Pardon?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by taharqa: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2013
Bash Me: I hope all the Nigerians who voted Jonathan in r sure enjoying the benefits they expected of him since his assumption to office. May God Help U All, Judases....
Yes, we are. Even though i didnt vote for him last time, his Admin is by providing real benefits than oda Admins in at least d last 20yrs, regardless of what d ongoing Media propaganda pounds on yr head. If sm of u honestly bliv dat sm of us wud even tink of reducing our support cos of an indiscretn (one which I completely disagree with by d way), then you are on a rili loooong thing. Dat ain't going to happen; certainly, not cos of dis.. @topic, cud smone plz tell Okupe to SHUT d fvnk up for now?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ayox2003: 9:41am On Mar 15, 2013
S2kluv: GEJ Administration is d worst admin Nigeria ever had, how can a criminal be pardon because of baseless excuse. GEJ 4 LIFE, i salute ooooo

Its the worst. No development. No innovation. He knows how to take people for granted. He's the worst president in Africa. I've been reluctant before. Now I know he's the worst.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by skyfall: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2013
...bunch of power-drunk lunatics
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by dady12: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2013
I am very sure that this so call okupe the charge and defend aid to GEJ are very serious in edging the president closer to a pit which will seek his life and career,he should go ahead and confer alams with an honour since he is a stability factor to nigeria economics,if alams make militant to embrace annexty and found guity of finance related offences,does that make him not to serve his jail terms?goodluck will make alams the next minister of petroluen since criminal ve become a stability factors in his admistration.second phase pardon list is coming and i think bode george ,cecilia ibru and many other criminals must make that list ,stupit president
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by davseun2ta(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2013
Alams' pardon by the president is another imbecilic approach by the president...okupe claims he has repented,is okupe a god to know if he has repented or not? who are they fooling? Nigerians are not nit wits, we have outgrown that level. Talk of it, From the beginning i have never believed in Jonathan's competency, cos he lacks the self will a true leader should possess cos of the "ogaS at the top in PDP". He was elected out of pity cos he used to trek bear footed to school in his village! common Nigerians, its obvious this guy is preparing for 2015, he needs money, connection(remember Obasanjo is no longer in support of him as a president)... hmmmm!!! what a country.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by arusoncd(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2013
By Alams. Wounds GEJ was made perfect. We understand. Thanks, as you teach us forgiveness and one good turn deserves another.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ayox2003: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2013
jadakiss213: 'Nigeria pardons a criminal'.So?who then needs a Pardon?

Ofcourse. But u know captions are meant to captivate. International readers didn't even know it was a presidential pardon until they read it. Just read through comments there.

Frawzey
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by StanleyDivine(m): 9:56am On Mar 15, 2013
I'm nt surprised dat Alams was granted presidential pardon but I'm only surprised dat Nigerians feign surprise n annoyance.
It's only those who embrace an unrealistic conception of Nigeria that can rave n rage @ dis. Until u accept dat 9ja iz a failed state u wil perpetually be disappointed.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by davseun2ta(m): 9:59am On Mar 15, 2013
ayox2003:

Its the worst. No development. No innovation. He knows how to take people for granted. He's the worst president in Africa. I've been reluctant before. Now I know he's the worst.

Frawzey

fresh air, was his slogan.... are we breathing anything fresh? whats the diff between him and Abacha? Thank God i didnt vote for him, Even though it was lost, but its worth it.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by lightheart(m): 9:59am On Mar 15, 2013
SELL THIS COUNTRY ALREADY!!!!
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by duddexeng(m): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Mr president need to leave a legacy before leaving office and this is one of such. He is one of the fans to criminals and corrupt people in naija.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2013
There are 2 entities you can not fight and win; God & Government - Alamieyeseigha after ordeals from powers that be.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Akshow: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

No matter what you think, you cannot change the fact that Alams was the guy the FG under Yaradua called upon at that crucial time to get the militants to embrace peace and amnesty. That is a historical fact!
So?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Budget Riddled With Errors Puts Graft War In Doubt -bloomberg / President Buhari Participates At The Dubai Expo 2020 (PHOTOS) / Magu Gets 2 Days To Prepare Legal Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.