Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy (19003 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / ‎​How I Met Goodluck Jonathan -Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by thelastPope(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2013
slim fit :

Are you very serious or you are joking? Please tell me its a joke.

A father that steals from his hungry kids, what do you call that type of father?

My man you are insulting the south south man.
So its only a thief that you people can look up too, did you think before you type at all.
This man have no moral values at all that is the person you call your leader. I'm afraid because you are basically saying you all don't have moral values at all. Out of all the leaders you have there you choose a thief. What did he do when he was a governor first of all? You know a leader that love and put is people's interest before anything from the way he developed his area first e.g Awolowo love him or hate him his people are still benefiting from him, he puts our interest first before anything,that is why we will always love him you can hate me for using him as an example but that is the fact.

You are funny. You are guilty of the same thing you are accusing the guy of. You are from the south west and your leader is also a thief and a certificate forger with no moral value. Remember Toronto?

Alams fights for his people far more than Awolowo ever fought for his people. You know nothing about Alams. He is the biggest proponent of 50% oil derivation to Niger Delta and was the one that fought for amnesty for them. So your accusation is faulty.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by slimfit1(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2013
This action tells a lot of stories. The Ijaws are morally bankrupt if they can't find a decent elder in their area apart from a theif that stole their own wealth oh.

A Father that was stealing from his hungry children na wah oh
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ifihearam: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2013
ayox2003:

That's the problem with Nigerians. We always make excuses for incompetence. We know what is expedient, yet we want to justify our shortcomings with what Awolowo did, what Bill clinton did, what Bush did. Listen closely, Alams is the first man in the whole world to be tackled by Kleptocracy Assess Initiative. I don't want to say much. Just google it. Plus, when a governor steals, its causes a domino effect. Hospitals suffer, roads don't get repaired, infrastructural development stalls, infact people die!

Now u're making excuses for this pardon cos US did it? Do we have the same standard of living as the US? Do we have the same resource management as the US? Huh?

If we cant even think of ourselves, let's think of the unborn child or our kids. What legacy is been laid for them?

Frawzey

We don't have same standard with US but we must start from somewhere afterall its democracy you know....
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ypzilanti: 10:53am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

This is where you got it wrong. Alams is the most generous governor the Niger Delta has ever had. His style of generosity was not acceptable to some of us. But make no mistake, he was very generous. He was corrupt, just like every other governor in that era. He wasn't more corrupt than Tinubu or any other governor then. He got into trouble because of his campaign for 50% derivation for Niger Delta. I was one of those who supported OBJ against him then. But the pointt is, OBJ singled him out because of that. I still support OBJ because I think he too should have been clean so he can really fight the cause. The other reason OBJ went against him was because OBJ felt, he was supporting the militants. But the truth was, he had to support the militants. They are his people. He is still highly respected amongst his people till date for his stance.

Justifying bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior. So instead of GEJ to catch the many corrupt governors that escaped the nooze, he is freeing the few fish that we caught?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by slimfit1(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

You are funny. You are guilty of the same thing you are accusing the guy of. You are from the south west and your leader is also a thief and a certificate forger with no moral value. Remember Toronto?

Alams fights for his people far more than Awolowo ever fought for his people. You know nothing about Alams. He is the biggest proponent of 50% oil derivation to Niger Delta and was the one that fought for amnesty for them. So your accusation is faulty.

So you don't have any other leaders you can call apart from him ?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

This is where you got it wrong. Alams is the most generous governor the Niger Delta has ever had. His style of generosity was not acceptable to some of us. But make no mistake, he was very generous. He was corrupt, just like every other governor in that era. He wasn't more corrupt than Tinubu or any other governor then. He got into trouble because of his campaign for 50% derivation for Niger Delta. I was one of those who supported OBJ against him then. But the pointt is, OBJ singled him out because of that. I still support OBJ because I think he too should have been clean so he can really fight the cause. The other reason OBJ went against him was because OBJ felt, he was supporting the militants. But the truth was, he had to support the militants. They are his people. He is still highly respected amongst his people till date for his stance.

What concerns generosity with stealing the state blind? whether he's not more corrupt than Tinubu is not my biz, if tinubu is corrupt, they should go get him same way the UK police got Alams.

What is generosity again? you stole 100billion, share 100 million to few people, so we should clap for you?

Generous to his gun boys..

no matter how you try to paint what is bad, it remains bad!
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by honeric01(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

Justifying bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior. So instead of GEJ to catch the many corrupt governors that escaped the nooze, he is freeing the few fish that we caught?

Just tiring men....
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ypzilanti: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

Did Awolowo also steal from his people? Mandela nko? You cannot be a thief and a freedom fighter at the same time. Meanwhile, we cannot even point at any sweeping development in Bayelsa state during his tenure such as we see in Akwa Ibom state...even with the drunken spending of the governor there.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by slimfit1(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Desola:

I think it is becoming clearer that there shall be no election in 2015. That is why gej is doing all things with reckless abandon and impunity and telling us all to our faces that he does not give a shiatsu! There would be no handing over of power in 2015, it is going to be war with the very likely possibility of an Ijaw republic emergence. They have the greedy western nations on their side (America to be precise) and all they need is a small civil unrest and war is unleashed. Are you surprised by the presence of US' drones in Niger as recently reported? It's all part of the script. Jonathan knows that he has the biggest nation standing behind him and that is why he can act with impunity and tell us that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Fingers and toes crossed. 24 months is only around the corner. You'll say I said so.

You are right my pastor said it too but will he survive it ?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by jammani(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Goodluck huun... After dis pardon, giv him national award. !ok! The boy is good. grin [b]
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by nep2ra(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Why are we complaining? For those who voted GEJ when there was a viable alternative, I have this to say to you; you only got what you asked for.
It's a painful way to learn a lesson but you must endure the pain of your choice.
2015 is just round the corner. You know what to do.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ypzilanti: 11:02am On Mar 15, 2013
This is the worse public decision ever taken by a government in Nigeria. Encouraging people to steal government funds in a country with a corruption problem.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by zuchyblink(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2013
our oga at the top has spoken.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by oreajayi: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2013
Is it just me, or am i the only one tired of this drunk slowpoke spewing garbage from his mouth? I thought he said he owed nobody an apology? Why the frantic, and practically ludicrous efforts to justify his own mediocrity?
Frankly it seems like Mr. President's moral backbone needs a bigger bailout than the EU economy.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ypzilanti: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2013
Let us kukuma scrap EFCC.

Where has Alams ever expressed public remorse for his actions? Did he take a newspaper advert to announce it? Has he launched a nationwide speaking tour against corruption in the universities and symposiums? Did he found a foundation against government corruption?

The guy is not remorseful. He feels wronged in the usual manner of criminals who point fingers at more fortunate crooks who have not been arrested by the law.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Dee60: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2013
Rhapsody!:

thanks a lot for this post. One of the main reason I rarely contribute here is the complete lack of objectivity by most users. Because you like and/or are loyal to a person or party, everything done by that person or party is good. And vice versa. It makes nonsense of intelligent discussion since in a bid to justify or condemn, black is blatantly labelled white.
I am not a fan of this govt. Was saying this by the third month of Yaradua's demise. I totally lost it for them after the subsidy saga. The very fact that Allison is still there disgusts me. I didn't vote for this govt, neither will I ever give it mine vote. I hope and pray that especially in the power sector, there will be a change. But even if this govt changes Nigeria to be like USA by 2015, I still will not give her my vote. I will acknowledge and commend her, but I will not trust her with my vote. That is just me. I also respect opinions contrary to mine.
But what I continually find unbelievable is the way peeps justify wrong doings. Sentiments aside, black is black. Whether you are a GEJ fan or otherwise, could we try to put aside that when we are talking about wrong and right. Whether clemency or pardon, whether Alams is needed economically or not, could we at least agree that what was done insults every decent human sensibilities? If not any other crime, the fact that he is still wanted outside the shores of Nigeria should have put this govt on caution about this pardon.
Otherwise, I truly wonder for the younger and future generations. Because we are telling them that a goat can be called a spade and nothing will happen. Infact, you will have peeps ready to die for you in defense of that.

You are correct. The present leaders do not think about coming generations. There are people here always asking why FG or EFCC have not gone after Tinubu. That is silly. Who says they should no go after Tinubu? Was Tinubu not actually docked and released of all charges? If they have fresh evidence, why should they not go after him? FG has insulted all Nigerians by this clemency and Okupe is rubbing salt and pepper to the injury.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by ypzilanti: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2013
oreajayi: Is it just me, or am i the only one tired of this drunk slowpoke spewing garbage from his mouth? I thought he said he owed nobody an apology? Why the frantic, and practically ludicrous efforts to justify his own mediocrity?
Frankly it seems like Mr. President's moral backbone needs a bigger bailout than the EU economy.

They need many reasons because one bad decision always need a million 'justifications'. The truth is always the same. Lies however, change with the situation.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by thelastPope(m): 11:16am On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

Did Awolowo also steal from his people? Mandela nko? You cannot be a thief and a freedom fighter at the same time. Meanwhile, we cannot even point at any sweeping development in Bayelsa state during his tenure such as we see in Akwa Ibom state...even with the drunken spending of the governor there.

And what sweeping development did Tinubu do in Lagos?

Look, get me right. I am not really an Alams person. He is a good guy but I do not agree with his style of doing good. He thinks like that Adelabu guy from Ibadan. But my point is, he has done a lot for Niger Delta people. Different regions have different kind of needs. The immediate need of some ND areas like Bayelsa is not infrastruture but to get people off the streets and the creeks. Of course, the bigger picture is to build serious infrastruture. If you think he doesn't deserve pardon, I think you have some point. But what you can't fault is that this man has done a lot of good for ND and subsequently, Nigeria
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Rhapsody1(f): 11:17am On Mar 15, 2013
henryblaze25: I wonder why people keep running their mouths over this issue, dis man has accepted he messed up and also volunteered in making sure Amnesty was a success, we have all forgotten that just now because the Crude oil production has gone up again. If to say Militants still dey blow up oil facilities I 4 see if una 4 no call him name make e talk to Militants to accept Amnesty. In as much as am concerned, He is a victim of circumstance cos we still have a lot of Governors that did worse than him are still working freely today.
Why do you think we have a lot of people, public servants and otherwise choosing corrupt practices? Primarily, because of this kind of mindset. A lot, a whooping lot are still walking free, blatantly doing more. Until we condemn what is wrong, make it despised and unattractive, then those things and worse even will still happen. And continues to happen. And continue to happen. And continueing to happen. Please pardon my bad grammar, its just for emphasis. And with each occurrence, we can always give excuses and justification about thwarting whys, how Alams was set up, poor poor Alams who was victimized, how he is loved by the militants, how so an so president pardoned so and so, why ex convicts should hold public offices, etc. As long as we keep giving room for justifications and excuses, development in Nigeria may still be light years away.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Spoils(m): 11:21am On Mar 15, 2013
This pdpees God help us all,if not because I learnt a skill to beta my life,my own struggle would hve bin to toss all this fools away into the belly of 6 feet by anymin necessary even if it means dyinga,ah,ah.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by thelastPope(m): 11:23am On Mar 15, 2013
nep2ra: Why are we complaining? For those who voted GEJ when there was a viable alternative, I have this to say to you; you only got what you asked for.
It's a painful way to learn a lesson but you must endure the pain of your choice.
2015 is just round the corner. You know what to do.

In 2015, he will still win again because what he was voted to do was not to pardon or not pardon Alams. Once the power becomes stables by next year, the agric and rails enter second gear and roads and second Niger bridge takes off, he will win again. What you think about Alams is inconsequential to his reelection and GEJ knows that. Voting is not done on NL!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Tmex(m): 11:23am On Mar 15, 2013
Get tins right, what do u call someone who has given you meat instead of chease?someone who has given u.a shoe instead of walking barefooted? Someone who had increased the production of crude oil so that there may be more money to squander and get fixed in switzerland?isn't such person worth pardoning so that he can be free from the british gov. and can be used some other time to help in money laundering cos by now he had a good knowledge of his mistake and may never make such mistake.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 15, 2013
are people still discussing Jonathan?
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by BashMe1(m): 11:27am On Mar 15, 2013
taharqa: Yes, we are. Even though i didnt vote for him last time, his Admin is by providing real benefits than oda Admins in at least d last 20yrs, regardless of what d ongoing Media propaganda pounds on yr head. If sm of u honestly bliv dat sm of us wud even tink of reducing our support cos of an indiscretn (one which I completely disagree with by d way), then you are on a rili loooong thing. Dat ain't going to happen; certainly, not cos of dis.. @topic, cud smone plz tell Okupe to SHUT d fvnk up for now?

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Okija_juju: Why is this Doyin Okupe Nigga still in our government please?!

I am a strong Jonathan supporter, but this guy is doing more harm than good to our 2015 comapaign... angry
Whats all this foolish talk he keeps making everyday.
Alamco is a Thief. He is helping out with the Amnesty programme my a`ss.. Wasnt it himself and Odili that armed these creek boys in the first place?! angry If anything, Alam should be in the amnesty programme as well as a repentant militant.

I am very very very disappointed in Jonathan.. If Doyin continues this foolishness on his behalf, then the 2015 dream would slowly die off.

For the first time in a while, the Fresh Air dosent smell as fresh as it should. angry
Its such a shame that you could make this statement.

Someone committed an offence, he was convicted and served his term in jail. He came out and helped the then Yar Adua led govt to convince the militants in the Niger delta to accept amnesty. On the basis of that, the Yar Adua govt declared amnesty which was hugely successful in terms of number of militants that surrendered arms and ammunitions.

Now we have relative peace in the Niger delta and oil production has increased to an all time high of over 2million barrels per day.

Consequently, more funds is now avialable to both state, local and federal govt to sustain infrastructural developments and the economy from north to south. The fact is that many of the projects some celebrate on this forum, including the famous Lagos streets, may not have been possible if the militancy in the Niger delta and dwindling oil production had continued.

You should also consider the fact that this issue was deliberated upon by the National Council of State. With the eminent persons in the Council of State, it is safe to assume they arrived at the RIGHT decision.

Initially, I couldn't understand the decision but after careful consideration, I thought the council of state took the right decision.

I mean those who deserve pardon are sinners not saints. The drafters of our constitution knew that some sinners may deserve pardon and so inserted pardon in our constitution.

Even on several occasions, state Chief justices have granted pardon to some criminals or suspects across the country.

If we'r to stretch the debate further, may questions will arise. Who granted pardon to coup plotters? Who granted Buhari and co, who hijacked our NATIONAL resources using the gun, pardon?

Which is a bigger sin- to seize the national budget (state, local and federal) using the gun or steal Bayelsa state funds? Yet, many Nigerians see nothing wrong in Buhari and co parading themselves as patriots today.

I understand the fact that granting pardon to Alams generated lots of controversy mainly because both the president and Alams are from the same state or because Alams was a former boss of the president. But should the president now deny Alams a deserved pardon simply on the basis of sentiments? I dont think so.

Personally, I dont post comments to impress ANYBODY on this forum. I say only what I'm fully convinced about or what I think is REALISTIC. I dont play to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Rhapsody1(f): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Rhapsody1(f): 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
thelastPope:

And what sweeping development did Tinubu do in Lagos?

Look, get me right. I am not really an Alams person. He is a good guy but I do not agree with his style of doing good. He thinks like that Adelabu guy from Ibadan. But my point is, he has done a lot for Niger Delta people. Different regions have different kind of needs. The immediate need of some ND areas like Bayelsa is not infrastruture but to get people off the streets and the creeks. Of course, the bigger picture is to build serious infrastruture. If you think he doesn't deserve pardon, I think you have some point. But what you can't fault is that this man has done a lot of good for ND and subsequently, Nigeria
Was it impossible for the govt to continue to quietly encourage him to keep doing the purported good he is and/or was doing without insulting the nation with this pardon? He must be given a state pardon to be encouraged to do more? That doesn't seem like repentance and patriotism to me. A nation is supposed to be bigger than her citizen. Apparently in some nations, certain individuals come before the nation. The question is not his repentance or kindness or influence, it is the pardon. It is not justifiable to any decent person.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by badesco(m): 11:32am On Mar 15, 2013
Which Economy? The man doyin okupe is a barking dog that can not bite. let him say whatever he likes, they are all birds of same feather flock together.God judgement is at hand.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by obasi1(m): 11:36am On Mar 15, 2013
Emmmm....wen shall we ever grow in naija.........pardon a thief.God will judge them.To me the case of Alam's ...its crucial
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by Sharrks: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2013
Why is it that you are found of spewing out rubbish.Most of your defence of "your oga at the top" lack any serious substance,your blabbering seem to me as a remark from an inept personality
thelastPope: This is a fact and it isn't new. Go and check all the news and even threads on NL dating back as much as 3 to 4 years and you will see it clearly. Alameisegha was the biggest factor behind the Niger Delta amnesty.

Whether you agree that that is enough for him to get pardon is another debate entirely. But it is a known fact that Alameseigha was the man that got the militants to drop their arms and accept amnesty. He still remains a respected leader because of what he did for those guys over the years.

You will be fooolish to expect that those youths will throw him under the bus because of his corruption case when he has really helped them for years.
Re: Jonathan - Alamieyeseigha Is Crucial To Nigeria's Economy by thelastPope(m): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2013
Rhapsody!:

Was it impossible for the govt to continue to quietly encourage him to keep doing the purported good he is and/or was doing without insulting the nation with this pardon? He must be given a state pardon to be encouraged to do more? That doesn't seem like repentance and patriotism to me. A nation is supposed to be bigger than her citizen. Apparently in some nations, certain individuals come before the nation. The question is not his repentance or kindness or influence, it is the pardon. It is not justifiable to any decent person.

So when is a pardon justifiable? Remember that a pardon is granted to sinners, not to saints. Even in advanced countries, some criminals don't serve the full length of their jail term if they are considered to have done some good. A man sentenced to 25 years might only spend 12 years if he is considered repentant and have done some good. The El Rufai some of you celebrate can only make noise because the same GEJ dropped all charges against him. The same GEJ used his powers and brought both El Rufai and Ribadu from exile.

So when does a man deserve pardon because whether you like it or not, our constitution supports it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Swears-in Acting Chief-judge, Daisy Okocha / Buhari's Budget Riddled With Errors Puts Graft War In Doubt -bloomberg / "You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.