Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Bye Bye To Ooman - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bye Bye To Ooman (3072 Views)

What Did U Wnt To Say Bye Bye To As U Enter Year 2014? / Dlso- The Impact Of Years Gone Bye, And This Present House / Good Bye To Religion :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by homosapiens: 6:34am On Mar 16, 2013
truthislight:

lol.

Erm! I thought children are born with lack of knowledge since they are without experience? .

Are atheist without knowledge?

Well, you said it yourself?

Olodo. says who that children are born with lack of knowledge? children are born with reflexes, fixed action patterns and instinct greater than you apparently have. this is why babies know to suck brea.st rather than to eat it, to laugh in comfort and cry in pain, to crawl, putting anything eatable to their mouth rather than their nose.

the lack of knowledge of the religious is alarming.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by homosapiens: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2013
homosapeins:

Now you have another christian brother. grin
JESUS IS LORD!!!

ineluctable hell fire awaits anyone who did this. you are doomed to hell for all eternity. your lot is in the lake of fire that burns with sulphur.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2013
ooman:

You are sarcastically refering to yourself.

Its proven that I understand this quite well. I provided reasonable logics, you provided nothing but sentiments, begging me to stop saying the truth.

Children are born with lack of belief, atheism equals lack of belief so children are born as atheists, what's so hard to understand in that?

Good morning ooman,

I trust you had a wonderful night's rest!

Usually when an Atheist is busy being unintelligible and illogical, I leave the individual to his/her illogical self cause it is disheartening that he or she can't even apply his or her intellect but prefers to pick up the thoughts of others without good reason...in your case, I have seen some intelligence but disappointed that you can't or refuse to apply this intelligence in simple matters...I will be patient with you but I will say this only ones...try and catch up!

Atheism in the broad sense, means a refusal to believe in any Deity; while in the narrow sense, it means the belief that there is no deity. The key word I will like your intelligemce to grasp in this case is "belief"...either one refuses to "believe" or one "believes" no deity exists...

Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief#Belief.. It can also be said to be "An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists" or "Something one accepts as true or real". The common denominator in holding a belief from the forgoing is that it takes a conscious act to believe or disbelieve...

Again, when an individual decides to disbelieve, the individual has to have an object of his or her disbelief...it doesn't make any sense for someone to say 'I don't believe' but does not know what he is disbelieving...in other words the individual needs to have an idea of what the proposition or premise is before disbelieving...

George's concept of implicit Atheism (though not credible) posits that some individuals can be Atheists without a conscious rejection of the theistic beliefs...he applied this theory to grown-ups who choose to be 'neutral' and 'Children' who have no knowledge of any Deity but when it came to new borns he decided to be silent on the matter cause it would have made absolutely no sense.

His theory falls apart when one considers the fact that for an individual to believe in something, there must necessarily be a subject of the belief and an object. The subject would be the individual while the object would be the proposition or premise...similarly to disbelieve or refuse to believe one must be able to demonstrate that these factors are also present...

New born children like I said, came into the world as 'blank slates' i.e they did not come into this world with the concept of belief or unbelief...their beliefs or unbeliefs will begin to form gradually later in life due to factors like trust, confidence, persuasion etc...

What am I even doing?? Schooling an Atheist on what he is supposed to know??...I refuse to go on with this argument...This is the last I will say on this matter as far as this thread is concerned. If you want to go ahead being unintelligent in this regard, you are free...

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by onyfrank: 7:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann: ooman is dead. long live homosapiens.
so he is now reincarnated. Hope he's coming up with new ideas.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 16, 2013
Ooman,i don't think u shudda bothered changing ur i.d. Only a senile person won't be able to differentiate ooman 4rm ocman.And pls,ur attitude as i perceive to religious people doesn't speak well of a humanist.You should embrace all peoples,whether religious or non-religious.This is what we're meant to show the world as humanists.There should be no discrimination,no preference. My 2 cents.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Beretta92: Ooman,i don't think u shudda bothered changing ur i.d. Only a senile person won't be able to differentiate ooman 4rm ocman.And pls,ur attitude as i perceive to religious people doesn't speak well of a humanist.You should embrace all peoples,whether religious or non-religious.This is what we're meant to show the world as humanists.There should be no discrimination,no preference. My 2 cents.

My heart goes to you. There is no discrimination or prejudice. Since ooman and ocman have a completely different view about life, people might easily confuse ooman as ocman. I dont want anyone to regard as an exponent of any myth.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 8:35am On Mar 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning ooman,

I trust you had a wonderful night's rest!

Usually when an Atheist is busy being unintelligible and illogical, I leave the individual to his/her illogical self cause it is disheartening that he or she can't even apply his or her intellect but prefers to pick up the thoughts of others without good reason...in your case, I have seen some intelligence but disappointed that you can't or refuse to apply this intelligence in simple matters...I will be patient with you but I will say this only ones...try and catch up!

Atheism in the broad sense, means a refusal to believe in any Deity; while in the narrow sense, it means the belief that there is no deity. The key word I will like your intelligemce to grasp in this case is "belief"...either one refuses to "believe" or one "believes" no deity exists...

Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief#Belief.. It can also be said to be "An acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists" or "Something one accepts as true or real". The common denominator in holding a belief from the forgoing is that it takes a conscious act to believe or disbelieve...

Again, when an individual decides to disbelieve, the individual has to have an object of his or her disbelief...it doesn't make any sense for someone to say 'I don't believe' but does not know what he is disbelieving...in other words the individual needs to have an idea of what the proposition or premise is before disbelieving...

George's concept of implicit Atheism (though not credible) posits that some individuals can be Atheists without a conscious rejection of the theistic beliefs...he applied this theory to grown-ups who choose to be 'neutral' and 'Children' who have no knowledge of any Deity but when it came to new borns he decided to be silent on the matter cause it would have made absolutely no sense.

His theory falls apart when one considers the fact that for an individual to believe in something, there must necessarily be a subject of the belief and an object. The subject would be the individual while the object would be the proposition or premise...similarly to disbelieve or refuse to believe one must be able to demonstrate that these factors are also present...

New born children like I said, came into the world as 'blank slates' i.e they did not come into this world with the concept of belief or unbelief...their beliefs or unbeliefs will begin to form gradually later in life due to factors like trust, confidence, persuasion etc...

What am I even doing?? Schooling an Atheist on what he is supposed to know??...I refuse to go on with this argument...This is the last I will say on this matter as far as this thread is concerned. If you want to go ahead being unintelligent in this regard, you are free...

^ so long a letter.

There is only two ways to go about this- a belief or lack of belief. There is nothing inbetween.

Belief system=theism

Lack of belief = atheism

Children are born with lack of beliefs and so can be regarded as natural atheists, till they are conscious enough to claim it for themselves and then graduate to being an atheist.

I see no reason why you should disagree with
the above.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Bella3(f): 8:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Hello Bello. Long time?
Bello kwa? Bella is fine...
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2013
Bélla3: Bello kwa? Bella is fine...
Ah! I'm sorry. You're welcome
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 16, 2013
ooman:

^ so long a letter.

There is only two ways to go about this- a belief or lack of belief. There is nothing inbetween.

Belief system=theism

Lack of belief = atheism

Children are born with lack of beliefs and so can be regarded as natural atheists, till they are conscious enough to claim it for themselves and then graduate to being an atheist.

I see no reason why you should disagree with
the above.

Guy I am out...enjoy your thread! No need arguing the obvious!

Edit: I have made my point known to you i.e. changing your user id does not make much sense.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Edit: I have made my point known to you i.e. changing your user id does not make much sense.

To you or to him?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ijawkid(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2013
striktlymi:

My brother go do better thing with your time and leave this stark olodo that claims to be sapient............

Logicboy for long too has clung on to this fallacy that everyone was born an atheist........

Sometimes its best to leave them to there foolishness and pride........
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 9:55am On Mar 16, 2013
striktlymi:

And I got ur point. Hail Mary!!
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Alfamann: 9:57am On Mar 16, 2013
ooman:

My heart goes to you. There is no discrimination or prejudice. Since ooman and ocman have a completely different view about life, people might easily confuse ooman as ocman. I dont want anyone to regard as an exponent of any myth.

This ooman self, your case worse pass that of Lazarus. I think say you don die. Wetin you dey do here again?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2013
ijawkid:

My brother go do better thing with your time and leave this stark olodo that claims to be sapient............

Logicboy for long too has clung on to this fallacy that everyone was born an atheist........

Sometimes its best to leave them to there foolishness and pride........

When people lack wisdom, they resort to abuse.

Provide 26v4 when arguing with fools, dont answer their foolish arguments. NIV
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann:

This ooman self, your case worse pass that of Lazarus. I think say you don die. Wetin you dey do here again?

Na striky say make I wake am up again oo
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2013
What a thread...
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ijawkid(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2013
ooman:

When people lack wisdom, they resort to abuse.

Provide 26v4 when arguing with fools, dont answer their foolish arguments. NIV

Hehehe...why u dey quote bible..angry...

Don't you have another book you should be quoting from??.....
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Ishilove: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Do you now what it means to impersonate? Please stop making a mockery of your intelligence...You can be very many things but Childish.

How can someone who registered on nairaland before you impersonate you? If you change your user id and you find out later that someone else has a similar user id, do you run off to create another thread?

This is disappointing! If intelligent Atheists can have this kind of attitude I wonder what the dumb ones will do. Abeg guy stop this thing before it gets out of hand.
Lwkmd!!! cheesy
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Ishilove: 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bélla3: Bello kwa? Bella is fine...
grin
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by truthislight: 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
homosapiens:

Olodo. says who that children are born with lack of knowledge? children are born with reflexes, fixed action patterns and instinct greater than you apparently have. this is why babies know to suck brea.st rather than to eat it, to laugh in comfort and cry in pain, to crawl, putting anything eatable to their mouth rather than their nose.

the lack of knowledge of the religious is alarming.

grin

infant!

Are all atheist like you?(so empty)

you are too low for me to banta words with as such, silence is the best answer for a ........
Ciao and peace.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Bella3(f): 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
musKeeto: What a thread...
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Bella3(f): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ishilove:
grin
madam! Kedu? Hw u dy?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
truthislight:

grin

infant!

Are all atheist like you?(so empty)

you are too low for me to banta words with as such, silence is the best answer for a ........
Ciao and peace.

so dorky
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ooman I luv intelligent arguments but on this one u hv bn pinned. U said children r born without belief. Belief in wht? In God? Can I dare say they hv also bn born without belief in atheism?
U mention they hv reflexes like sucking. Dts untrue. They can't evn suck because there is no pre knowledge abt sucking until they r taught by putting it in their mouth.
Ur argument is very hollow in dis regard. Kindly admit u hv bn roundly defeated.
Cheers
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ooman I luv intelligent arguments but on this one u hv bn pinned. U said children r born without belief. Belief in wht? In God? Can I dare say they hv also bn born without belief in atheism?
U mention they hv reflexes like sucking. Dts untrue. They can't evn suck because there is no pre knowledge abt sucking until they r taught by putting it in their mouth.
Ur argument is very hollow in dis regard. Kindly admit u hv bn roundly defeated.
Cheers

You can't be born with beliefs. Theism is to believe in God. Is anyone born with knowledge of God or even anything for that matter? No. At best, one could consider a baby ignorant but aren't we all ignorant of certain things?

Over time, your society introduces you to different customs and beliefs. You are taught to read the symbol 'A' as the first alphabet in the English language. Of course, it will make no sense to anyone who hasn't been exposed to the English language. These customs and beliefs become a part of you, including the religious beliefs. A baby is gullible and his mind can be easily molded. Thus, a religious system is built in his mind, and with this a God.
Babies are born 'atheists' as their minds come empty, free of any beliefs in any god.

As to your sucking example, I no sabi where to start with that one... Humans come with basic survival instincts..
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by victorNRceo: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ooman I luv intelligent arguments but on this one u hv bn pinned. U said children r born without belief. Belief in wht? In God? Can I dare say they hv also bn born without belief in atheism?
Cheers

*clears throat* precisely,a new born is naturally an AGNOSTIC,agnostism,in other words,could be referred to improbable view about God. Though,agnostism still fall into atheism owing to its disbelieve in the already set standards of gods beliefs as a result to invalidity. From d ^ one could conclude,a new born is naturally an atheist(but,to avoid ambiguous view,we had better used AGNoStisM). @bobbysworld28 don't forget d mama only positions the baby and the breas.t in proper penetration phase. Mama can't control baby's pulse to suck or resist. It's more like u sayin' 'mama makes her dead baby suck',the dead would never react. Newborns are sensitive and are AGNOSTIC(weak agnostic,because they can't c the necessity) by nature just like they could become religious(weak believer,because they can't c the necessity) in childhood by parental pressure.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by victorNRceo: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cheers

*clears throat* precisely,a new born is naturally an AGNOSTIC,agnostism,in other words,could be referred to improbable view about God. Though,agnostism still fall into atheism owing to its disbelieve in the already set standards of gods beliefs as a result to invalidity. From d ^ one could conclude,a new born is naturally an atheist(but,to avoid ambiguous view,we had better used AGNoStisM). @bobbysworld28 don't forget d mama only positions the baby and the breas.t in proper penetration phase. Mama can't control baby's pulse to suck or resist. It's more like u sayin' 'mama makes her dead baby suck',the dead would never react. Newborns are sensitive and are AGNOSTIC(weak agnostic,because they can't c the necessity) by nature just like they could become religious(weak believer,because they can't c the necessity) in childhood by parental pressure.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Theism is belief in God.
Atheism is belief in no God.
Hw then can a baby be born atheist?

Babies don't suck institively. Remember dt in d womb, they didn't suck. It is when u make sure milk goes down their throat they understand d rules hv changed. I'm a father & I hv first hand experience.
Pls stay corrected
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by victorNRceo: 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cheers

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
Agnosticism is the view that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable. More specifically, agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable.

The key word is view (or belief). View implies an interaction with an object (or a school of thought) before deciding either accept or reject d notion. So hw can babies be born agnostic, atheist or even theist?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Agnosticism is the view that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable. More specifically, agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable.

The key word is view (or belief). View implies an interaction with an object (or a school of thought) before deciding either accept or reject d notion. So hw can babies be born agnostic, atheist or even theist?
Lacking beliefs, lacking a concept of God...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying / Lovely Testimonies...come And Experience Fruitfulness / How I Wish Nijaz Could Do This For The Likes Of Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.