Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Bye Bye To Ooman - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bye Bye To Ooman (3073 Views)

What Did U Wnt To Say Bye Bye To As U Enter Year 2014? / Dlso- The Impact Of Years Gone Bye, And This Present House / Good Bye To Religion :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Lacking belief.

Good

Lacking belief in God or belief in no God.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Ishilove: 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
BĂ©lla3: madam! Kedu? Hw u dy?
Odinma. Longest time
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by victorNRceo: 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
'A' prefix to describe 'without','gnostic' greek word to describe 'knowledge'. Both words,mixed to describe 'lack of knowledge'. A person with No knowledge is an agnostic (we are n infants also are). The word 'view' is the study(seeing or outlook) aspect to derive a conclusion,actually used to give a manner of consideration to the disbelieve concept of gods(and now,this is agnosticism). Agnosticism is the belief of an (informed) agnostic(grown-ups),that is,finding a reason to conclude. Agnostic is a person without the knowledge of something(meaning frm d word's root),whether informed or not. That is y I descrided infants as weak agnostic/weak believer,they could easy opt.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
Victor,
I catch ur drift. But u r stretching it, seriously.
Agnostics hv a belief system dt it is improbably 2 knw any god.

Children born tabular rasa. Nothing. Clean slate. They r neutral. Dts d point.

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by truthislight: 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ooman I luv intelligent arguments but on this one u hv bn pinned. U said children r born without belief. Belief in wht? In God? Can I dare say they hv also bn born without belief in atheism?
U mention they hv reflexes like sucking. Dts untrue. They can't evn suck because there is no pre knowledge abt sucking until they r taught by putting it in their mouth.
Ur argument is very hollow in dis regard. Kindly admit u hv bn roundly defeated.
Cheers

^^^

The worst low is that he does not know that sucking of breast by infant is instinctive (purely by instinct).

On what Basis of rationality can one really be able to extract knowledge from such a one if one was to engage him?
sad

smh.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
Truthislight, I hv a baby & believe me sucking isn't instinctive. Hv u forgotten dt in d womb they only ate through d umblical cord? Hw then can they knw instinctively dt feeding is from d mouth upon exit 4rm d womb? Let ur wife hv a baby, then u come back & talk.
I'm a father & I've observed this. Instinct kicks in after u put it in d first time & then d baby realises there is a new mode of feeding.
I believe ur question is apt 4 u
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by truthislight: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Truthislight, I hv a baby & believe me sucking isn't instinctive. Hv u forgotten dt in d womb they only ate through d umblical cord? Hw then can they knw instinctively dt feeding is from d mouth upon exit 4rm d womb? Let ur wife hv a baby, then u come back & talk.
I'm a father & I've observed this. Instinct kicks in after u put it in d first time & then d baby realises there is a new mode of feeding.

What!

I said sucking is instinctive and you said that ^?

After your wife puts the brea.st in the babies mouth, i belief she subsequent taught the baby to "suck"!

Smh.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 17, 2013
Yes I said it. Sue me.
When my baby was born she didn't suck because no milk came out. We used glucose & water d first day. 2nd day & she of course didn't suck until d milk got into her mouth. Then she sucked.
Validate ur claim little boy
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 6:18am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ooman I luv intelligent arguments but on this one u hv bn pinned. U said children r born without belief. Belief in wht? In God? [size=15pt]Can I dare say they hv also bn born without belief in atheism?[/size]
U mention they hv reflexes like sucking. Dts untrue. They can't evn suck because there is no pre knowledge abt sucking until they r taught by putting it in their mouth.
Ur argument is very hollow in dis regard. Kindly admit u hv bn roundly defeated.
Cheers

well, who is talking about "knowledge" to suck, am talking about instinctive behaviors. Infancy lasts from birth until age two. Infant reflexes concern finding the nipple: suckling can occur minutes after birth, and the rooting reflex is a tactile clue for the infant to turn its head toward a touch. During the first year the infant passes through a series of developmental stages.
Infant reflex is a scientifically and clinically proven fact. There is no going back on that because you disagree with it.

@bold: you got that 100% wrong, atheism is not a belief but lack of belief. Children are born with lack of belief so can be regarded as atheists, i have said this time without number. Your problem seem to be lack of understanding of what atheism is.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 6:24am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Yes I said it. Sue me.
When my baby was born she didn't suck because no milk came out. We used glucose & water d first day. 2nd day & she of course didn't suck until d milk got into her mouth. Then she sucked.
Validate ur claim little boy

what did you expect her to suck if no milk came out. Since suckling is instinctive, if it doesnt come with reward, another source would normally be found. Babies generally would resort to crying.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 6:38am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Truthislight, I hv a baby & believe me sucking isn't instinctive. Hv u forgotten dt in d womb they only ate through d umblical cord? Hw then can they knw instinctively dt feeding is from d mouth upon exit 4rm d womb? Let ur wife hv a baby, then u come back & talk.

well, if you disagree with instinctive behavior, how then do you explain suckling in animals, feeding in worms and blood suckling in insects.
Animal (including human babies included) behaviors are generally instinctive, adult humans excluded because of presence of consciousness.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by victorNRceo: 11:11am On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28:
Children born tabular rasa. Nothing. Clean slate. They r neutral. Dts d point.
Bravo,u have just comprehended,but u still uncomprehending ur comprehension. ^(tabular rasa,clean stale to supernatural facts,it's unknown) is how we are to the supernatural facts,and that's what an agnostic signifies.

Bobbysworld28,I leave u to the ^,make of it whatever u wish. Lastly,all your opinions are wrong,just open ur mind towards all that have been said,without ur vanity,and u will c ooman,truthislight n I are right. Good luck.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Victor, d essence of my talk is clarity & enlightenment.
If d goal of ur pursuit is to be right & nt letting others partake by varrying them along, then sorry.
I can be wrong & u could be wrong so let us get to a meeting point.
4rm ur point, neutrality is agnostocism. I still don't agree

atheism
The rejection of the belief in God. Some atheists have held that there is nothing in the world that requires a God in order to be explained. Atheism is not the same as agnosticism, which holds that we can have knowledge neither of the existence nor of the nonexistence of God.

Both stands show dt d subject comes to a conclusion over time which isn't true for babies. Dts my submission
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Victor, d essence of my talk is clarity & enlightenment.
If d goal of ur pursuit is to be right & nt letting others partake by varrying them along, then sorry.
I can be wrong & u could be wrong so let us get to a meeting point.
4rm ur point, neutrality is agnostocism. I still don't agree

atheism
The rejection of the belief in God. Some atheists have held that there is nothing in the world that requires a God in order to be explained. Atheism is not the same as agnosticism, which holds that we can have knowledge neither of the existence nor of the nonexistence of God.

Both stands show dt d subject comes to a conclusion over time which isn't true for babies. Dts my submission

well, your submission about atheism is wrong.

atheism equals lack of beliefs, babies are born with lack of beliefs. Hence, babies are born as atheists.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2013
Ok,
I give up. All animals r atheists. Same 4 all inanimate objects.
Happy now?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 10:47am On Mar 19, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Ok,
I give up. All animals r atheists. Same 4 all inanimate objects.
Happy now?

When that includes all new born human babies, yes I will be happy.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

When that includes all new born human babies, yes I will be happy.

Lol!!!...you don't give up!
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 11:50am On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!...you don't give up!

Not when people reject logics and facts.!
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by seyibrown(f): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman back from the dead...... abi Lazarus! cheesy cheesy
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
seyibrown: ooman back from the dead...... abi Lazarus! cheesy cheesy

Na striktlymi wake am up
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Na striktlymi wake am up

ooman is a better user id than homosapiens in my opiniontongue
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

ooman is a better user id than homosapiens in my opiniontongue

Why?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Why?

It reminds me of the frailty of man and our search for meaning in this our lowly existence...the user id is kinda philosophical to me.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

It reminds me of the frailty of man and our search for meaning in this our lowly existence...the user id is kinda philosophical to me.

You mean ooman philosophical than homosapiens? Homosapiens means wise man, do you know what ooman means? How is that philosophical to you?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

You mean ooman philosophical than homosapiens? Homosapiens means wise man, do you know what ooman means? How is that philosophical to you?

First question answered! This post irrelevant to the first!
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

First question answered! This post irrelevant to the first!

Once again the question is-why do you think ooman is philosophical than homosapiens?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Once again the question is-why do you think ooman is philosophical than homosapiens?

...Once again, the answer has been given:

striktlymi:

Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

...Once again, the answer has been given:

Anyway, I assure you that you will not prefer ooman again when I tell you what it means. Do you want to know? Can you guess?
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Anyway, I assure you that you will not prefer ooman again when I tell you what it means. Do you want to know? Can you guess?

You might not know this but 'ooman' can mean 'woman'...some have postulated (though in a figurative sense) that woman can mean Woe Onto MAN!!!

This is the meaning I make of this as I suggested previously, it is my own personal viewpoint on the matter...a man of woe is to me a man of frailty and that user id reminds me of this...

What am I doing again...
You seem to have a way of letting me say my personal ish...

#If ur meaning is vulgar, keep it!
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by ooman(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
striktlymi:

You might not know this but 'ooman' can mean 'woman'...some have postulated (though in a figurative sense) that woman can mean Woe Onto MAN!!!

This is the meaning I make of this as I suggested previously, it is my own personal viewpoint on the matter...a man of woe is to me a man of frailty and that user id reminds me of this...

What am I doing again...
You seem to have a way of letting me say my personal ish...
#If ur meaning is vulgar, keep it!

Well ooman is a parody of the xtian trinity and tripartite nature-body spirit and soul.

It means soul-not existing- 0
Spirit-not existing - 0
Body-existing- hence, man.

So we have 00man or ooman.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

Well ooman is a parody of the xtian trinity and tripartite nature-body spirit and soul.

It means soul-not existing- 0
Spirit-not existing - 0
Body-existing- hence, man.

So we have 00man or ooman.

Even in your own 'loose' meaning it makes sense for you to keep the name.
Re: Bye Bye To Ooman by Ishilove: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Sucking is soooo instinctive. Does anyone teach the baby how to suck?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lovely Testimonies...come And Experience Fruitfulness / Is Taking Part In Politics A Sin? / Are Gays Really Sinners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.