Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (22534 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by markdacas: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2013
I even hear the guy has been suspended. Na wo o
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2013
seriously those t.v journalist ought to go for debriefing.....
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2013
[code][/code]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2013
Even the Arsenal fans,Chelsea fans,Man u fans, Barca fans all knows their respective club website talkless of a man that is eaning his liven and can say his website bullshit.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by emiye(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2013
mutiply: its not possible to know all,sometimes the easy tins we claim we know can skip frm our mind in some certain situations,a friend of mine once asked me to spell the word "capital" in final exams, i did nt laugh at him cause i knw the tension that normally occurs within that period, am very sure that gej does not know all about niaja bt he the presido,your example is very wrong cause some men dont know the number of children they have, believe me it's always better to take the shame and learn from it.

You are right about the boldened, i remember attending an interview in 2008, and was asked a dummy question, "tell me the name of the president of the country". i looked surprised and laughed, and simply said Umar Yaradua, the interviewer asked for the middle name, i started looking like a dummy. Not until i stepped out of the interview room that i remembered Ah Ah

Umar MUSA Yaradua.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Coldfaya(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2013
Elvin001: I just pity the man's children cos dem don get new name for skul be dat.

Omoh ehn na wetin me sef d talk since b dis o. E go even bad pass if d children na d forming types wey ppl nor dey like . Choi dem go beg dem papa to change dem I swear.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Chrichigo(m): 10:37am On Mar 16, 2013
What is d meanini of 'oga at d top'?..let sm one help me wit dat Qus...is part of bein truthful hea dat i dont no d meanin....am waitin oooo......What is d meanini of 'oga at d top'?..let sm one help me wit dat Qus...is part of bein truthful hea dat i dont no d meanin....am waitin oooo......What is d meanini of 'oga at d top'?..let sm one help me wit dat Qus...is part of bein truthful hea dat i dont no d meanin....am waitin oooo......
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by christiancy(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2013
lie lik niaja politicianz....use dem instead of dem using u...tnks wink
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2013
I can't fit in his shoes. I don't want to tell you my shoe shoe size before I say one thing and my oga at the top will say it's another.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Xunxhine(m): 10:43am On Mar 16, 2013
All u need to do is say the truth
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Amya(f): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2013
It was clear from the first few seconds that the man probably didn't know the answer. Now that is pardonable. Where he killed himself was when he started beating around the bush probably thinking the answer would come from above, or someone may volunteer to say it or they may divert to another new discussion after the very famous 'my Oga at the top' sayings. But the presenters weren't fools , they saw what we all saw.

It's not quite a terrible thing if the older generation is not particular computer savvy, it happens all over the world. Big position or no. So if I were in his position, I could just joke that the IT trend all caught the young people and as an old man, I really don't know all about that computer stuff.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by great063(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2013
Mynd_44: What happened to "I don't know or I don't remember it right now"? If he was honest about this whole thing, the matter would have died down.

He could have easily said they have a department that takes care of the IT side and he is not conversant with the website as he is usually too busy with other stuff. I surely would not blame him for that but trying to cover up his ignorance by lying is wrong
Same here.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Onyenna(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
WTF!!!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
I would have masked my ignorance with confidence. Just say "NCDC(dotcom)". If it turns out to be wrong, I will just claim I thought it to be so. grin
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by ujchief(m): 10:47am On Mar 16, 2013
Like I said in another thread:

ujchief: In another unrelated news; the officials of nairaland has encouraged this oga@top trend by moving all the threads to frontpage. Right now, more than 3 of such topics are on the frontpage and gathering traffic for nairaland.

Please, when it finally becomes old and boring, don't go on a banning feast, banning all those that drop the comment here and their. You are actually encouraging them now.

I knew what we went through in the hands of the garri gang and the 'first to comment' gang before now.

I hope you all are enjoying the trend now, don't click that 'ban' button when it starts becoming offensive and uncalled for.

Thanks.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by bright007(f): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2013
Get your copy now!

2 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]I was surprised when she couldn't extend the same treatment to Jonathan when she was invited as one of his interviewers.[/size]

She no dey fear face?

Infact if anyone like her tries bullying me using what i dont know, i will give him/her a silent insult on live TV.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by OCHULORC(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]What i usually do when i find myself in such a position is to lie confidently. I will just say whatever i like and if you check it up later and find out it's not correct, i'll just tell you that i made a mistake and then give you the correct version after checking it up. But that man could not have done it because all the presenters had laptops in front of them and would have checked it right there and it would have meant more embarrassment for the man.

Now, what i would have done is to lie again and tell the presenters that the website if being worked on and that due to security, upgrading reasons or any reason at all, it cannot be revealed to the public at least for 48 hours. That way, he would have saved himself the embarrassment.[/size]
This is d best response so far.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by pappilo(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]If you're ignorant about where you work then you don't deserve to be in that position. It's like someone asking me how many children i have and i'm telling the person the truth about my ignorance.[/size]

You are not sharp. In 1999, George W Bush couldn't name the president of nuclear armed Pakistan, The president of restive Caucasus of Chechnya and the prime minister of India. Why wasn't he dropped by the Republican party as their presidential candidate? He went on to become a 2 term president of the United States.

You post a lot in these political threads and you feel you know a lot but your contributions paint a picture of someone who is extremely clueless.I believe you are a mod so you need to study more and be objective with your posts.

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Fussbot: 10:55am On Mar 16, 2013
4 crying out loud,the man should jst hav added .com 2 the www.nscdc..and d anchors wld av crctd him by saying u mean .gov.ng sir??and he wld say oh!am sorry yes .gov.ng..... instead of ending it with dat's all..bt wat baffles me is..wat does dat qstn gat 2 do with "my oga @ d top"??and dey even askd him do u mean u hav multiple website sir?and he said no...den wat does ur oga gat 2 do with itd man brot d embrsmnt on himself jare!

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by ace1(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2013
"I'm sorry, I'm not very sure about the website address for now but when I confirm it, we'll make it public."

If the presenters insist I say it, I'll just say
"Like I said before, I'm not very sure so I can't give out information I'm not sure of"

10 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 16, 2013
berem: Bully as in how? She is very intelligent abeg! Only a guest who is brainy enough can actually challenge her. Other Anchors seems to be on the mild side. Whenever she isn't on the show i don't watch Sunrise Daily. The babe is hot!

[size=36]okay[/size]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2013
Imagine if you are a bachelor and your oga ontop is a spinster who you have a crush on. tongue
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2013
2good: I have found myself in a similar situation at work when we were having a meeting and someone asked me for an infirmation related to expected time of arrival of an item which I wasn't sure of. My answer was I can't remember the time but I will get back to you. He insisted again that I give him an approximate time and I told him that I cannot give you what I am not sure of and my boss response was 'that is a very good answer'. Mind you I was the only black person in that meeting.

[size=50]....and so what

You really messed up, you and your oga on top.[/size]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by MrDon12: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2013
What if you were in "oga at the top's" shoes? How would you have answered a simple question you don't know in a public space?
i would be long gone before he knows his shoes are missing.....lolz
seriously though, i would have answered with "I dont know", after all Obama was the first US president to be checking his emails by himself, beside, doesnt truth set people free
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by naptu2: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2013
When going for such an interview, you should prepare properly. Know what the subject of discussion will be (it's usually stated in the invitation) and research issues related to the subject matter.

However, if you are asked a question and you do not know the answer, or you know the answer, but you cannot give it, truthfully state that you do not know the answer or you are not authorised to provide that answer.

Do not lie and do not bluff, because you can easily be caught out in a lie or bluff. That's actually the mistake Mr Shem made. He didn't prepare properly and he tried to bluff his way through. It is more honourable to state the truth, than to attempt to lie or bluff.

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by zanga420: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2013
mokshaq7: the question asked from him is an identity of the organisation he works for,lets stop dribbling around ,its like you don't know ur name in that vice,to it shows the extent of decadence in picking officers for offices in public office,civil service is a funny place to be for a challenging mind,you find it boring and annoying,the so called ogas moved around shoulder high without anything in their head,what matters is i am the oga based on rank which at times its not merited.We have some brilliant people too there but generally its very poor.I believe what he should have done is not to go there alone,he was too confident but he knew nothing,if he had gone with a sharper younger mind he would have salvage the situation.
you jst hit dnail on dhead. The rate at which some of these(morons) ogas destroy/run down organisations with their ego always piss me off. I pity for nigeria
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by box9t9(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by OGAATTHETOP1: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2013
BLOODY BAGGARS. AFTER EMBARASMENTING ME YOU WANT TO ENTER MY SHOE, WHAT CONSIGN MY SHOE WITH ANYTHING, GOD PUNISH YOU PEOPLE IN ALL THESE INTERNETS. IF YOU DONT HAVE WORK, COME AND WRITE APPLICATION IN NSCDC SO THAT I WILL EMPLOY YOU TO FEED YOUR SEF.

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jude33084(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2013
Jarus: Teachable moment. Beyond the comedy. What if you were in "oga at the top's" shoes? How would you have answered a simple question you don't know in a public space? For example, I had been using BB for 3 years before I knew the full meaning of DP? What if I was on live TV, discussing 'politics and the social media' and one thing led to the other I was required to tell the full meaning of DP (e.g I mention DP and the presenter asks me to enlighten him on what DP means). How would you have managed such situation? If I was in such situation I would have played with words. For the DP case, I would have played with words and answered like this: "Maupe, one interesting thing about social media is that a number of abbreviations fly around, that people are even less interested in their meaning, but the message they pass. For example, popular as it is, we still have people that don't know the full meaning of lol. In essence, people are more concerned with what DP is about. I know the P-part means picture, but you will be surprised I may not be able tell exactly what the D stands for. Definitely, me and you know what DP is about - the picture in the short data page of your BBM. And that's the most important."

I need suggestions on how to manage our "oga-at-the-topĀ­'s" situation. What is the least embarrassing way to manage such situation i.e being asked your organization's website on live TV and you don't know it?

How do you salvage such situation? How do you minimize, if not outrightly eliminate, the embarrassment?

And generally, how do you manage embarrassing situations in public/interviews etc?

You are even the dullest for using bb for 3yrs without knowing the meaning of DP angry

I believed he wasnt the only one that was in that tv interview. He should have forwarded the question to the IT dpt instead of the 'oga at the top saga'
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by metmartins: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2013
Its no longer "TOP SECRET" because even 'MY OGA ON TOP" kno that we like dancing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.