Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (22508 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by busoye19: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
cecegorz:
Your DP analogy does not in any way relate to Mr Shem's situation.
One funny thing I've found all around social media commentators is that most people are completely ignorant of the basis on which the State commandant was invited for an interview in the first place.
He was solely invited because many job seekers has been swindled by phishing fraudsters using clones of NSCDC website to advertise and collect payments for the job. The very first thing he should have come to the table with is the correct URL of the organization, so as to educate Nigerians and also clear the air that the frauds was an insider job.
He ended up confusing the populace without giving any address, making it look like the 'oga at the top' is actually the fraud mastermind.
There was no reason whatsoever for him to dilly dally on this particular question, that was why the panel insisted on getting him to say something that will be taken as the official website.
If I invite you for an interview to clear the air that some people are using variants of your father's name to defraud people, you should be able to tell me clearly, what your father's real names are.
DAZ ALL!!!
Gbam!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Just say oops
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Dee60: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
I have a feeling that 90% of Customs staff do not know the web address of Nigeria Customs and possibly 99.5% of Police staff do not know the web address of Nigeria Police Force (do they have one?). Government employees in Nigeria are not challenged to excellence because most of what matters to them is egunje!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Isiterere(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
IMO there is no excuse that can justify this man ignorance. How on earth will someone like him will not know the organization's website he represent. Is like asking an adult "what's your surname" and he/she replied "I will not mention any surname now cos my dad might say another one". This man shame has really shown the decadence in our society. He lacks the proper knowledge entitled to someone in that kind of position. Now I know the reason why GEJ want to change UNILAG to MAULAG. The School authority need to probe this man's Certificate. Shame on him and shame on his oga @ d top.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by OgaTheTop2: 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
I would simply throw the question back to the presenters and jokingly ask them to tell the public the answer...if they insist I would feign ingnorance and ask for the next questions... cool
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
There is no excuse for ignorance.

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by alfablondy: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Isiterere: IMO there is no excuse that can justify this man ignorance. How on earth will someone like him will not know the organization's website he represent. Is like asking an adult "what's your surname" and he/she replied "I will not mention any surname now cos my dad might say another one". This man shame has really shown the decadence in our society. He lacks the proper knowledge entitled to someone in that kind of position. Now I know the reason why GEJ want to change UNILAG to MAULAG. The School authority need to probe this man's Certificate. Shame on him and shame on his oga @ d top.

This is a cracker! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by 2cute(m): 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
From bbm:

Dear All, I'd like to ask that we do please be a bit more responsible with our use of social media specifically regarding the 'Oga at the top matter' it may have made for a good laugh in the beginning..but now its an overkill, with Tshirts, viral videos,pple following the man's children on twitter...these have now become abit too heavy! His wife went to channels to protest his inability to sleep! Do we need a suicide case on our hands just for a few laughs?- Pls, let's 'keep it down!'..not to mention that we are further hurting our country's image when we go viral with these and are we happy now that the Man is now on suspension? Pls be sensitive. End it! Don't forward videos, any thing viral, don't comment on websites etc. Help a man here after all we all don't get obvious things right all the time and we are not PERFECT EITHER. .sign ur name and forward if you agree. Many thanks!

2cute

3 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by fckmn24seg(m): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
let me use this opportunity to ask this,pls what is op as always used to address a person that post?

2 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by muktarmtt(m): 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cn someone pls now tell me d meaning of DP b4 i make my own Oga @ d Top pls help a a broda out
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
destinedvcde: What is the website of the NSCDC? How simpler can a question get please? The man was just busy stammering and beating around d bush for almost 2mins b4 giving that awful answer, how did this man get this job abeg? Was he interviewed atall? What a shame Mr Shem!
How did he get the job? Well, he had been in the job before dotcom came to Nigeria.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by hbabe(f): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
I totally agree with Cecegorz. The interview was about various fake websites so Mr Shem should have prepared well for the interview and giving the genuine site for his organisation would have helped a lot.
In his shoes, I would have admitted not knowing and asked to get it from a colleague than the funny way he went about it. That would have stopped this whole drama.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
fckmn24seg: let me use this opportunity to ask this,pls what is op as always used to address a person that post?
Opening post.

Now, I'm your oga at the top.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
muktar mtt: Cn someone pls now tell me d meaning of DP b4 i make my own Oga @ d Top pls help a a broda out
Dp= display picture.

Now, don't tell anyone unless you confirm from me, your oga at the top.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
pmc01: For those that are trying to justify[b] Mr. NSCDC PRO's [/b] gaffe as a 'normal' mistake, it is no mistake, it is inexcusable stubborn ignorance and ego, that further dents our country's image in the eyes of the International community...
And for those blaming the Channels TV presenters for 'ridiculing' him... It's either:
-you are subsidiaries/beneficiaries of a rival media station
-or you are subsidiaries/beneficiaries of NSCDC
-or you are simply learning learners
-or your thinking faculties have been encrypted by 'the Oga at the top' and he has misplaced the access code...
#Datz all!

You didn't even know his position. So much for thinking faculties.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by mekzone: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
I sincerely empathize with Mr. Shem for the cruel way he has been excessively mocked and caricatured in the Nigerian social media space.

Given, his performance at the interview was way below expectation and should warrant some form of sanction.....however I have never known Nigerian government agencies to employ ivy league quality personnel and frankly many with such quality would rather not work in the civil service....for obvious reasons.

Shem is a product of our shabby public education system (destroyed by years of military rule) and is no different from many of the individuals that have mocked him incessantly and cruelly in the social media.

Many of these pinging, mohawk sporting and sagged jeans wearing youth are just as uninformed about contemporary matters....I wish they showed the same zeal in flaying The Presidency's controversial state pardons last week as they have with this 'oga at the top' craze.

Sometimes I fear we are cursed with a shallow generation that think being able to 'ping' , 'tweet' or post on You Tube makes them more educated than Shem is.

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Costa2000(m): 5:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
Elvin001: I just pity the man's children cos dem don get new name for skul be dat.
lol the children go de vex for there papa no be small.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by K08(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
This needless joke should end here. I
tell you, facing live cameras isn't easy. I remember the 1st time I
participated in a live programme in that same Channels' studio (Rubbing
Minds - the maiden edition), I was totally overwhelmed and nervous
despite the fact that I knew what I wanted to say (impromptul though).
So, this man could also be nervous, knowning that whatever remarks he
made would be used against him. He had possibly had the premonition of
what would become of him afterwards - what he most feared has happened
to him, it's simple psychology. By the way, my Oga at the top has
ordered me to stop you all from overflogging the joke. DAZ ALL!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by muktarmtt(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
mokshaq7: the question asked from him is an identity of the organisation he works for,lets stop dribbling around ,its like you don't know ur name in that vice,to it shows the extent of decadence in picking officers for offices in public office,civil service is a funny place to be for a challenging mind,you find it boring and annoying,the so called ogas moved around shoulder high without anything in their head,what matters is i am the oga based on rank which at times its not merited.We have some brilliant people too there but generally its very poor.I believe what he should have done is not to go there alone,he was too confident but he knew nothing,if he had gone with a sharper younger mind he would have salvage the situation.
Jarus:
Dp= display picture.

Now, don't tell anyone unless you confirm from me, your oga at the top.

lol ok sir i not do anyting untill i confirm frm @ d top
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by zarkknight(m): 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
You guys need to watch the full interview. He admitted later on he had never gone to the website that he was too busy with operations. What I don't understand is why he succumbed to the pressure of the anchors to mention the website when he knew fully well he didn't know it. I guess he was scared of what his "Oga at the top" would do if he couldn't defend them but he ended bringing shame to them....very sad
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by wwwdotnscdc(m): 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
In a not so insane climate, the best one would have done is to talk one out of the question or be plain and straightforward: I don't know. I have forgotten would've been an appropriate answer by me.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by lightheart(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2013

HAS ANYBODY BOTHERED ASKING
WHY IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT
FOR ONE, WHO GOT THE 'www.nsdc' part
TO FORGET the '.com' part
Or isn't that the contention here?

Surprising, if u ask me

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by segello58(m): 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
The wife of the NSCDC Commandant that was ridiculed in the crazy "My Oga At The Top" video has been reported to have barged into Channels TV studio today to protest bitterly to the chairman of Channels on the damages the crazy video has caused his family.sad :]xx She says her kids at school are been ridiculed everydaycry cry , her neighbours and fellow market women make jest of her everyday, and to make matter worse, she says her husband can't sleep at night again cos of the terrible embarrassment the video has caused him:& . In fact she says the man cry every night and also, the so called oga at the top is even thinking of sacking or demoting the man cos of the damages the video has caused NSCDCcry . So, my fellow Nigerians, pls, pitty this family now. If na you d thing happen to, how u go feel?:| Abeg, make we stop this "Oga at the top" madness before the commandant go kill himself.:| The commandant, his children and his wife cry of shame and disgrace everyday.:]xx sad cry Pls, Stop the Oga at the top madness!:|
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by MissOpe(f): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hmmm People always looking for ways to bring people down @ the slightest mistake... Just One single Goof and all hell is let loose.
I WONDER IF D PARENTS OF SOME OF THIS CHILDREN MOCKING AN OLD MAN SPEAK BETTER OR KNOW BETTER DAN THIS MAN...NONSENSE.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by toyibhabib: 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Creating a storm out of the tea cup over Mr. Shem's blunder is inconsequential.... this is really getting out of hand, why not deviate a bit to the shameful, disgraceful above all ungodly presidential pardon granted to a who disguised putting on woman wrapper in London.... this country is finished..... then oga jona should release all inmate in prison all over Nigeria to show his sympathy for criminals... yeye
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by 3kay945(m): 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
K.08:
This needless joke should end here. I
tell you, facing live cameras isn't easy. I remember the 1st time I
participated in a live programme in that same Channels' studio (Rubbing
Minds - the maiden edition), I was totally overwhelmed and nervous
despite the fact that I knew what I wanted to say (impromptul though).
So, this man could also be nervous, knowning that whatever remarks he
made would be used against him. He had possibly had the premonition of
what would become of him afterwards - what he most feared has happened
to him, it's simple psychology. By the way, my Oga at the top has
ordered me to stop you all from overflogging the joke. DAZ ALL!

I would have love your post without this,
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Encoredme(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Learn the lessons Oga Shem missed out here: www.tobeyinspire..com/2013/03/lessons-from-my-oga-at-top.html?m=1
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Isiterere(m): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
muktar mtt: Cn someone pls now tell me d meaning of DP b4 i make my own Oga @ d Top pls help a a broda out
. Very simple- it is called display picture. No offense d last time I checked google still has search engine.... No use am play o
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by lightheart(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
mekzone: I sincerely empathize with Mr. Shem for the cruel way he has been excessively mocked and caricatured in the Nigerian social media space.

Given, his performance at the interview was way below expectation and should warrant some form of sanction.....however I have never known Nigerian government agencies to employ ivy league quality personnel and frankly many with such quality would rather not work in the civil service....for obvious reasons.

Shem is a product of our shabby public education system (destroyed by years of military rule) and is no different from many of the individuals that have mocked him incessantly and cruelly in the social media.

Many of these pinging, mohawk sporting and sagged jeans wearing youth are just as uninformed about contemporary matters....I wish they showed the same zeal in flaying The Presidency's controversial state pardons last week as they have with this 'oga at the top' craze.

Sometimes I fear we are cursed with a shallow generation that think being able to 'ping' , 'tweet' or post on You Tube makes them more educated than Shem is.

God bless you sir!!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Isiterere(m): 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
fckmn24seg: let me use this opportunity to ask this,pls what is op as always used to address a person that post?
. OP - original poster
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Lordwize(m): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
nbright: Wow... Afam you of all people shouldn't have been suprised at that na... This is Africa and some people still respect their elders even if others tend to see only the wrong in their doings.... (No be mock I mock you o)
Oga @ d top is her senior too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Achigili Raph Ogili: How FRSC Official Forged UNIABUJA Certificate For Promotion / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. / First Bank To Providus Bank Or Globus Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.