Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (22535 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by NelsonNayo: 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
This is going too far, i think yall shd cut it out, i heard the guy was suspended, n he has been having sleepless nights cos of this
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by goofie: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
d guy shld hv known dt simple piece of info considering his reason for being there in the first place.

i hv hrd pple blaming channels tv 4 being unprofessional. but i dont think dey were
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by richnsexy25: 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
mutiply: As for me, i will tell the interviewer the truth about my ignorance. There is no shame in learning, i will take it as a chanllenge to go and learn more if someone ask me about something which i ought to know, life is all about mistakes and learning, our lives begins to end the day we stop learning from our mistakes. no one is ever perfect.
AFAM answered u right!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by SkyRider1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ask me what i dont Know. i can either;
go agbero "Take your time"
go Lawyer way " I put it to you that you csnt ask me that questiuon"
go doctor way " Just wait for confirmation from the Lab"
go Okada rider way " Abeg comot here"

There are so many ways one can take, but for My Oga At the Top.., so hilarious. You beat me my Oga
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by ajeboh: 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
mokshaq7: the question asked from him is an identity of the organisation he works for,lets stop dribbling around ,its like you don't know ur name in that vice,to it shows the extent of decadence in picking officers for offices in public office,civil service is a funny place to be for a challenging mind,you find it boring and annoying,the so called ogas moved around shoulder high without anything in their head,what matters is i am the oga based on rank which at times its not merited.We have some brilliant people too there but generally its very poor.I believe what he should have done is not to go there alone,he was too confident but he knew nothing,if he had gone with a sharper younger mind he would have salvage the situation.
na u sabi pass?
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Fussbot: 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
In oda news..pls dnt try 2 download d song..orin oloriburbku gba ni..in no sweet,d beat is wack and d worst is dat d lyrics does nt even near d title...mtscheew..na my mb dey make me vex lik dis o...
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Fussbot: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
In oda news..pls dnt try 2 download d song..orin oloriburbku gba ni..in no sweet,d beat is wack and d worst is dat d lyrics does nt even near d title...mtscheew..na my mb dey make me vex lik dis o...
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by mkoabiola: 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dose guys@channels are very intelligent,
Maupe ogun,sulaiman,tony ,ayotunde balogun and laureta aigbe.
I will simply tell dem,we ar currently working on d website.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by joseph1832(m): 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
mekzone: I sincerely empathize with Mr. Shem for the cruel way he has been excessively mocked and caricatured in the Nigerian social media space.

Given, his performance at the interview was way below expectation and should warrant some form of sanction.....however I have never known Nigerian government agencies to employ ivy league quality personnel and frankly many with such quality would rather not work in the civil service....for obvious reasons.

Shem is a product of our shabby public education system (destroyed by years of military rule) and is no different from many of the individuals that have mocked him incessantly and cruelly in the social media.

Many of these pinging, mohawk sporting and sagged jeans wearing youth are just as uninformed about contemporary matters....I wish they showed the same zeal in flaying The Presidency's controversial state pardons last week as they have with this 'oga at the top' craze.

Sometimes I fear we are cursed with a shallow generation that think being able to 'ping' , 'tweet' or post on You Tube makes them more educated than Shem is.
Many if us here in Nairaland and also Nigeria, far and wide are products of the "shabby educational system" but we are no way in the same league with Mr "oga @ the top". He's a mockery of the NSCDC.

I for one believe that the ability for one to be mediocre or excellent in whatever field he or she desires resides in that individual!.

I've often said it that we always allow sentiments to cloud or sense of reasoning and judgement. Our "shabby educational system" has produced top notch graduates and at the same time substandard graduate.

Like I said before, the ability of fail or excel resides in ones hands! We shouldn't use flimsy excuses to try and defend ourselves. Period!

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by DarryOsh(m): 12:46am On Mar 17, 2013
berem: When going for an interview program on Channels TV who we know for sure have very intelligent anchors, He should have prepared well in the first place. Maupe Ogun seems to be a very intelligent lady and you can't escape her questions.

Well, i pray never to be in his shoes anyway.
prepare? Everyone is saying he should hav prepared himself bofore d interview. Bt it doent work that way. What happened in d interview does nt show lack of short-term preparation. I am beginning to wonder if he is qualified for his job(i am nt sayin he is not). Does it mean he has never visited d website? Does it mean he didnt take time to check things by himself when he heard about the fraud?
One thing we should know bout preparation is dat last minute stuffs r supposed to supplement d ones we have been making throughout our lives, careers etc.
On hw i wud handle the situation i would say that it does not readily come to my my mind @ the moment (that is a euphemism for i cant remember).Simple. After all if i go for who wants to b a millioniare and i dont know d answer to a question i wud say so because i know the consequences of gettin it wrong. Personally, i mak effort to equip myself wit relevant infor bt i know i cant know it all (it took a while b4 i knew d meaning of DP) bt i try not to be embarassed if i dont know somethin cos at one time in our lives we were all ignorant of the things we now know. Havin said that, i dont think anyone would forgive me if as a father i dont know the name of my child or the brand of car i drive

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by DarryOsh(m): 12:53am On Mar 17, 2013
mutiply: its not possible to know all,sometimes the easy tins we claim we know can skip frm our mind in some certain situations,a friend of mine once asked me to spell the word "capital" in final exams, i did nt laugh at him cause i knw the tension that normally occurs within that period, am very sure that gej does not know all about niaja bt he the presido,your example is very wrong cause some men dont know the number of children they have, believe me it's always better to take the shame and learn from it.
u av made a point without even knowin it. Would u call a man who doesnt know the number of children he has an ideal father? He may av succeeded in other areas bt in fatherhood he is found wanting. It is different from forgeting the spelling of a word, way different
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by DarryOsh(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2013
pappilo:

You are not sharp. In 1999, George W Bush couldn't name the president of nuclear armed Pakistan, The president of restive Caucasus of Chechnya and the prime minister of India. Why wasn't he dropped by the Republican party as their presidential candidate? He went on to become a 2 term president of the United States.

You post a lot in these political threads and you feel you know a lot but your contributions paint a picture of someone who is extremely clueless.I believe you are a mod so you need to study more and be objective with your posts.
guy u r saying rubbish. The two situations r not d same, they r nt comparable
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 17, 2013
i will not even fall victim cus if i knw my standard i will go to channels for any public live interview, he wanted to show us dat he also belong, so he should pray dat he is not sacked n learn to make his coat according to his cloth not size.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by geogino(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2013
ujchief: Like I said in another thread:

I hope you all are enjoying the trend now, don't click that 'ban' button when it starts becoming offensive and uncalled for.

Thanks.
This is so true. Hope the mods got to read this.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by LANRYUS(m): 9:19am On Mar 17, 2013
If i find myself in his shoes, I will simply say that due to the use of the existing website for job scam, the NSCDC is in the process of registering another website which I cannot disclose at the moment for security reasons. Shikena
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by plainmirror(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2013
mutiply: As for me, i will tell the interviewer the truth about my ignorance. There is no shame in learning, i will take it as a chanllenge to go and learn more if someone ask me about something which i ought to know, life is all about mistakes and learning, our lives begins to end the day we stop learning from our mistakes. no one is ever perfect.
It wil be deemed outright stupidity if a high ranked govt. Official like him shud easily use ignorance as a device to salvage †нэ question.come to think of it,†нэ official website @ U̶̲̥̅̊я workplace shud b †нэ cheapest quetions to answer.WAKE-UP!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by touchmeder: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
naptu2: Here's an example.

Michael Howard was Home Secretary (Internal Affairs Minister). As Home Secretary he can give policy direction to police and prison officers, however, he cannot give operational direction to officers.

It was alleged that Howard gave operational instructions to a prison officer and threatened to overrule him if he did not comply with the instructions.

Jeremy Paxman (who is known as a hard hitting journalist) asked Mr Howard 12 times "Did you threaten to overrule him?" Howard simply refused to answer the question. He did not lie or bluff.

watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI

Very true, tough interview
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by WAM1(f): 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Lol it all depends. If its an interview where my interviewers don't have a clue of the subject in hand I would BS my way through it and I wouldn't be bothered. However if its in a setting where they know their stuff- there is no harm in saying you don't know and following up with them if its vital information.

I'm sorry but there was nothing intelligent about the interviewers - very basic questions and in my' opinion the unnecessary things were stressed. What was the purpose of the interview? To ridicule or to enlighten? Was the end point achieved? These are questions I find myself pondering on - its so easy to deviate from the important stuff and focus on things that don't count.

On the other hand if I was the guy or a relation of his - I would laugh at myself or my own. My sisters and I still laugh at my mum and tell her technology has left her- that doesn't stop her from being an embodiment of knowledge.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jpphilips(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Jarus: I don't see Maupe as that intelligent. She bullies too much. That's not her first time. Suleiman would have managed the situation better.

bully you said? i dont think so there are so many block heads piloting the affairs of this nation that is the reason this nation is not making progress.

the media has exposed a whole lot of rot in the Nigerian polity, i know most of you do not rem. one big gaffe they exposed during the subsidy saga that was remarkable.

A top functionary in the ministry of pet. resources was asked "shouldn't the NNPC be concerned over the entire situation"?

the f00l replied " NNPC relies on crude from the private sector for it's 5 refineries"

i couldnt believe my ears. Nepotism is about to crush this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.