Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (22536 Views)

" Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / Lessons To Be Learnt From "My Oga At The Top" Drama! / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Immortal1(m): 11:20am On Mar 16, 2013
"How can we remember our ignorance which our growth requires, when we are using our knowledge all d time?" Thoreau
Most times ppl don't really want 2 know how much u know, but how sincere u can be! Sorry 2 say, sincerity is lyk a gold in Nigeria. Left 2 me, he shud have just given d idea he has about it & admit ignorance. I saw arrogance, despite ignorance in d man's response!!
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Brymo: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
we had dis defence,and a ?,was thrown at me,i sway 4rm d ?,and answered a diff ?,dats ok,but a site dat guy is wacked .
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by specialguest(f): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
If i were in " oga on top's " shoe i would have tactfully avoided the question instead of attempting to answer what i am unsure of thereby making me look like a fool.
On the other hand after watching that clip over and over again, i am of the opinion that those presenters delibrately staged a scenerio where they made the commandant look and sound like a fool by emphasizing he should answer a question he obviously had no answer to. It would have been more appropriate if they moved to the next question instead of all 3 of them trying to create a scene as if the discussion was only based on the nscdc website.
They should have continued with other discussions and at the end of the forum, publish the name of the website, email address, contact numbers and office locations for public consumption.

By the way i thought people are allowed to go through the questions they would be asked before a live broadcast?
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jude33084(m): 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
mutiply: [s]its not possible to know all,sometimes the easy tins we claim we know can skip frm our mind in some certain situations[/s],a friend of mine once asked me to spell the word "capital" in final exams, i did nt laugh at him cause i knw the tension that normally occurs within that period, am very sure that gej does not know all about niaja bt he the presido,your example is very wrong cause some men dont know the number of children they have, believe me it's always better to take the shame and learn from it.

Even your address? undecided

A website address is like knowing your office address for God's sake angry

Try to look for more better excuse mate. angry
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jude33084(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
luv2talk: Ok....I will remove myself from the shoe...Thats all undecided

Hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

₪ice one guy wink
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by naptu2: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Here's an example.

Michael Howard was Home Secretary (Internal Affairs Minister). As Home Secretary he can give policy direction to police and prison officers, however, he cannot give operational direction to officers.

It was alleged that Howard gave operational instructions to a prison officer and threatened to overrule him if he did not comply with the instructions.

Jeremy Paxman (who is known as a hard hitting journalist) asked Mr Howard 12 times "Did you threaten to overrule him?" Howard simply refused to answer the question. He did not lie or bluff.

watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsd8RAoqI

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by clemz85(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
smth for the children of the Most High.
i am costumizing my t-shirt sharpperly sharpperly.

my gift for ur dp

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Witi(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Yomieluv: i would have just told the presenters to direct any question to my Oga at the top,that way,i would have saved my face,and embarassed my Oga at the top,for employing a retardeen like ME.
grin grin grin
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by steffans(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2013
Breaking News: DailyPost Nigeria

Civil Defence suspends Lagos State Commandant over “My Oga at the top” comment - Click link to read more - http:///7umkHqTK52
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jude33084(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2013
Zzyzx92: seriously those t.v journalist ought to go for debriefing.....

Channel TV is the only TV station we have in Nigeria like Aj and CNN. AIT na politician TV.

If you are not sure of yourself dont honour Channels' TV invitation wink

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by joseph1832(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2013
For starters I don't think I can ever be in that guys situation, with the position he occupy he was suppose to have been brief about the kind of question he would be asked by his sub ordinates.

The interview shows that the guy is 100% mediocre, there are lots of Nigerians out there looking for jobs who are more than 100% more qualify than that mediocre, this trend has always been Nigeria's anathema, where mediocre occupy sensitive positions...

We shouldn't allow sentiment to cloud our sense of reasoning! That guy deserved to be sacked! Q.E.D.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
What's wrong with " I'm not too sure of the website now, let me confirm it and get back to you before the end of the programme.

4 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by funkymedina: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
Good Morning Jesus, my original Oga at the Top! The one who knows the whole www of my life.... smiley

1 Like

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by naptu2: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2013
(I wish i had the tapes)

Robin White (the former head of the BBC's African Service) is known to ask very difficult questions (a listener nicknamed him the terror). I remember two separate interviews he had with Nigerian ministers in the 1990s because of their, almost exactly opposite results.

He interviewed Jerry Gana and Gana spent most of the interview saying ehm, ah, well, because he couldn't answer Robin's hardline questioning. However, when Robin interviewed Ambassador Baba Gana Kingibe, he was left looking like a tame little cat. Kingibe effortlessly answered all his tough questions that i had to pay attention at the end to confirm that Robin was actually the one doing the questioning.

(my favourite Robin White question: to President Charles Taylor in an interview conducted at the Executive Mansion "How would you like to die?" )
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by COOLDK(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2013
Can anyone please tell me where I can buy the "My Oga at d Top" T-shirt?
I need it very urgent.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by masks(m): 11:40am On Mar 16, 2013
Simple, just say you are not really sure for now
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by expert1(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2013
No one is perfect. I am so sure that GEJ does not know his Facebook account ID
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by kennytidistar(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2013
We dont have a properly fuctional website currently, i always advice public not to use the available website, since it is under construction and will be made available as soon as it is work ready.
Thanks

wahalai oti pari question yen niyen, that is why i like jona, the guy can parry question like monkey.
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by xynerise: 11:45am On Mar 16, 2013
I will use the power of "clearing throat" grin. For example "Our website is www.Nscdc..*clears throat*.com."
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by estherkunle: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2013
pls, my oga's on top....wat is d full meaning of dp?
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by xynerise: 11:51am On Mar 16, 2013
jude33084:

Even your address? undecided

A website address is like knowing your office address for God's sake angry

Try to look for more better excuse mate. angry
you are no different from "My Oga at the top" undecided

2 Likes

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by clemz85(m): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2013
dp means 'display picture'
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by clemz85(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2013
here... for dp's

Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Suljosh: 11:55am On Mar 16, 2013
Elvin001: I just pity the man's children cos dem don get new name for skul be dat.
ROTFLMAO
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 16, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]What i usually do when i find myself in such a position is to lie confidently. I will just say whatever i like and if you check it up later and find out it's not correct, i'll just tell you that i made a mistake and then give you the correct version after checking it up. But that man could not have done it because all the presenters had laptops in front of them and would have checked it right there and it would have meant more embarrassment for the man.

Now, what i would have done is to lie again and tell the presenters that the website if being worked on and that due to security, upgrading reasons or any reason at all, it cannot be revealed to the public at least for 48 hours. That way, he would have saved himself the embarrassment.[/size]
[size=18pt]
Long story: This shows that you may even do worse! Simply say it just skipped my mind but I can send it to channels after the interview to inform the viewers acurately! What is so difficult in that....This your method is a PhD dissertation![/size]
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2013
Now, what i would have done is to lie again and tell the presenters that the website if being worked on and that due to security, upgrading reasons or any reason at all, it cannot be revealed to the public at least for 48 hours. That way, he would have saved himself the embarrassment.[/size][/font][/quote]

You have also proved incompetence here. The website has existed and they are not changing their url...so even though it is being worked on, the website address still remains the same. My friend AFAM4EVER [/b]or what ever you call yourself you are not different from [b]SHEM
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by oshinlajaneyo(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2013
My own submission is so simple,we dn't hv functionally site now, but our I T department are working on it
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by chiboy11(m): 12:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
I wud ve told dem at dat moment I want 2 go n urinate
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by naptu2: 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tony Blair vs Jeremy Paxman

"I've said what I have to say about that".

"I honestly don't know what to do about that"

"You are going to come to step down questions again. I'm not going to say anything about that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6iCnRtTsA
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by jude33084(m): 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
xynerise:
you are no different from "My Oga at the top" undecided

You guys are simply trying to carve an excape rout for him,.....tongue
Re: What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
I would have slapped all the presenters and blame it on my Oga At The Top.Na by force dem dey answer question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.