Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. (4833 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge / My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Do you know that a mundane point like the wife "squeezing the toothpaste from the middle" while the husband squeezes his from the bottom has caused some divorce in some families? Do you think it would have happened if she had her own room/bathroom?

Or they could just use 2 separate toothpaste tubes. Problem solved?

*highly unlikely that the way toothpaste was being squeezed was the real reason for the divorce*
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by biolabee(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2013
chaircover:

very true! but it would have even been worse for this same couple if they stayed in separate rooms.

Excellent and true
It is possible for a same room couple to ignore each other for more than a day at the least but seperate rooms compound it.

It should however not be a life and death issue
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by vanbonattel: 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
biolabee:

Excellent and true
It is possible for a same room couple to ignore each other for more than a day at the least but seperate rooms compound it.

It should however not be a life and death issue

I think you are wrong, same room in a quarel is a catalyst for trouble, one partner can detest the other so much that he/she packs their bag and walks out than the thoughts of sleeping on the same bed with the person who brought you so much pain.

If they had different rooms, she/he can lock each other out till time and reason brings them back to their senses and they can negotiate again.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

I think you are wrong, same room in a quarel is a catalyst for trouble, one partner can detest the other so much that he/she packs their bag and walks out than the thoughts of sleeping on the same bed with the person who brought you so much pain.

If they had different rooms, she/he can lock each other out till time and reason brings them back to their senses and they can negotiate again.

each to his or her own, no two marriages are the same, if you think that is how you want it and you also think that is how its going to work for you, then good, go ahead, but dont say, you are not told o.
May God help us all.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
Both have their own advantage and disadvantage

When a heated quarell occurs its better not to be in the same room

I would support them having separate rooms but sleeping in the same room

When tension is too high, one can go to the other room and lock himself or herself in pending the time things defuse
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by igbonla(m): 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
aadetoyin:

Abeg don't Bite me!!!
I said my opinion and u don't have to agree with it.
And for ur information I am married so calm down when u re responding to people that don't think ur way.
I am married and I can never have separate rooms becos its harder to keep malice that way but since u re a malice professional then u can sleep beside ur spouse for days without talking. Seems u must be really good at doing that.
In my home, we trash issues before going to bed. I wonder how some people sleep well knowing u re angry with the person next to u.

Now I can tell you are married! My comment was never meant to be an insult, I preach peace but it doesn't stop me from teasing.

Crux of my message - Problem resolution is not necessarily dependent on where you sleep, your level of maturity determines how/when you handle issues.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by igbonla(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
chaircover:

If something as simple as that is enough to make them get a divorce, then they had no biz getting married in the first place. . . . .The sad thing is that no one needs to use tube toothpaste these days, so if tube is causing trouble, they can always go for push up toothpastes . . problem solved grin

Good idea or I bring my own toothpaste from my bag! Dunno why people get into all these unnecessary fights, life is hard enough making money..
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by fidatt(f): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its not right for a husband and wife to sleep in separate rooms. For peace to remain in marriage, there should be togetherness both physically and spiritually.
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by everyday: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
My wife and I sleep in separate rooms.I am more comfortable with that
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
emmabright: Is it polite for husband and wife to be using seperate room?
It is not Polite as it marks the beginning of separation in their Life !!!

The essence of Marriage is Unison,Cohesion and Tolerance as well as training Children positively towards the society @large !!
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
zayhal: It's absurd to sleep in separate rooms but they can have separate rooms to keep their things since one room isn't enough for some women to store bags and shoes.
Sensibly put ..... Yes , wife should have ''her own Apartment'' which is just within the Master's Bedroom where she can keep all her Ornaments among other feminine treasures also, where she can have privacy in a situation of ''Bigger Guests'' utilising the Master's room during ''Owanbe Parry'' !!! wink
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
When I get married I wouldn't want us to sleep in seperate rooms y now

Impossible gats dey see my wifey
Re: Seperate Room For Husband And Wife. by Kanwulia: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2013
I prefer separate rooms o. . .
I love my space. Infact I have remodelled my home to include SEPARATE LIVING QUARTERS. . . .with separate entrances. . . .LIVING ROOMS/KITCHENS IN THE the same house.
Only the garage doors and alarm systems we have in common!

HALLELUJAH TO SWEEEEEEEEEET H-OPIN MARRIAGES!!!! cool

Time to sew aso-ebi again jare. . . my and this my handsome DELTA-IGBO hunk of a husband must pose again in public to SHUT 'EM GOSSIPPERZZZ UP!

Mu che che che che che. . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Marriage, You Must Be Blind And A Mumu To A Lot Of Things. / My Husband Has Suddenly Changed: He Comes Back Home Late / You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.