Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room (22505 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / ‘my Wife Is So Smelly, Dirty I Can’t Sleep With Her’ - Husband Tells Court / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
I never knew i would bring this to Nairaland.
We have been married for about 2years now and have a child. We had a distant relationship so we didn't really live together for me to notice his dirty habit. I moved to his location few months after our wedding and since then, it beena terrible experience for me. He is just too dirty. doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet even when there are urine drops on his hands, he just wipes with his trousier, we have two batherooms, one for each room. Initially we were sharing one bathroom but I had to stop using it because of him. After toiletting, he will not washer with brush even when there is water. soap and brush and the toilet bowl is splattered with his feaces. He said its beneath him to wash the toilet, that how can a man wash the toilet? I had to switch to my ownership bathroom which thankfully has a toilet. He uses his for as long as 3months without washing neither toilet or bathroom. I was washing it before but I just had to stop when he said its beneath him to wash his own toilet, that its a woman's duty.

Secondly he is too unkempth and lives a scattered life, throws clothes anywhere, can wear one sleeping trousier for one month,after sex, he will use d same trousier to wipe his dicccck and still wear it, can sleep on an unmade bed for as long as possible. Never makes the bed insisting its s duty of a woman to make the bed everynight. Most times when he sleeps before me, I wake him up so I will make the bed, he will ask why didn't I make the bed before he slept, that I should make only my part I want to sleep on with our baby. Its all irritating and the worse of all is after I complain like forever, he says its the nature of their tribe man that they are used to dirtyness. I should get used to it. I dated a man from his tribe before I met him and that man is a direct opposite, neat to a fault. So I know its not an issue of him being from that tribe (edited).

This man will drink satchet water, and leave the satchet lying about for days, I was picking up all his trash before but I have since stopped after he repeatedly said that its my duty to pick up the dirt he throws anywhere he likes. He will have a trash basket right infront of him but will still drop dirt on the bare floor.

Early Last month, a nurse came around to take his blood sample for some test cos he wasnt feeling well, till now as i am writing this, the cotton wool he used to wipe the blood from the skin surface is still lying on his part of the wardrobe.

I am the type that encourages brushing the teeth twice a day but my hubby has refused to be doing it. He has a little mouth odour and will not help himself. He is always rubbing his diccccckkk with his bare hands and uses same hands to touch everything in the house.

I sweep and mob the house regularly but he will just mess it up the minute am thru. We have a second room we reserved for our kids but from the look of things, I am considering setting the room up for myself.

The funny thing about this is that outside, he is a seen as a clean man and very very goodlooking but inside, he is a dirty pig.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Osama10(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2013
Seriously is it every single thing people bring to nairaland to complain about?

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by greatgod2012(f): 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2013
If he doesnt complain and does not see it as a big deal for separating your room, you can move, but will that stop him from being dirty again. In my own opinion, i think that is his own weakness and we are to complement each other in marriage, why dont ou continue to let him see reasons for good hygiene. Although, i dont buy the idea that every those things he said are women's duties, i think hes only lazy and giving that as an excuse for himself.
Well, Its one of the marriage dramas and may God help and give you wisdom to handle this without it leading to something else.

Brb

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by baby124: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
LOL, maybe you can train him to be a little tidy. This is what women get when mother's think their son's should not know anyting about housekeeping or cooking. Teach your own sons to be responsible in that area. And their father is not too old to learn. I think sleeping in the same room is good for bonding, quarrel resolution, gossip and easy pow pow.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Geomac: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
First off,I can't tolerate a dirty person, but this is an issue you can handle. I will advise you to move to a new flat or better still, relocate to a new city. Small thing Nairaland, my husband fart in the living room Nairaland.....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by wellmax(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Your post was interesting until you brought tribalism into it. I stopped reading.
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2013
with all due respect Madam, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling ur husband a dirty pig.
if you are dat clever why didn't you privately proffer a solution to the problem instead of exposing ur matrimonial affairs on an internet forum??
My advice:- if you cannot communicate with ur husband and make him what you want him to be, you can as well move back to where you relocated from. other babes for the area go dey service am for you.
this why i always support courtship before marriage.

20 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
991: with all due respect Madam, you should be ashamed of yourself for calling ur husband a dirty pig.
if you are dat clever why didn't you privately proffer a solution to the problem instead of exposing ur matrimonial affairs on an internet forum??
My advice:- if you cannot communicate with ur husband and make him what you want him to be, you can as well move back to where you relocated from. other babes for the area go dey service am for you.
The importance of

lol.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
baby_123: LOL, maybe you can train him to be a little tidy. This is what women get when mother's think their son's should not know anyting about housekeeping or cooking. Teach your own sons to be responsible in that area. And their father is not too old to learn. I think sleeping in the same room is good for bonding, quarrel resolution, gossip and easy pow pow.

Thanks. He blames his mum for everything, says its way his mum brought him up. Its really a sad situation when you have to continually see a 36yrs man act like this. Its quite irritating and annoying. Bringing my children up in a completely different way from his upbringing is now my priority cos I can't imagine my child in future blaming me for any such a thing or parental related issues.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2013
Osama10: Seriously is it every single thing people bring to nairaland to complain about?

Why is it called a forum? and why is this called the family section? Please keep your talks to yourself andblet those who have things to say, say. I know i will learn a thing or two on how to handle the situation without having to move to a seperate room. I know what I'm doing.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
wellmax: Your post was interesting until you brought tribalism into it. I stopped reading.

And you expect me to feel bad?

26 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2013
LadyCCP:

lol.

lol back! marriage is for mature people, a kind of maturity that gives the ability to understand, accommodate and make changes without nagging.
you said you have a child abi? did you see d baby as a pig when you were changing pampers every now and then? that is marriage for you my sister, this time you have to realize you are not just a woman but a mother.
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
greatgod2012: If he doesnt complain and does not see it as a big deal for separating your room, you can move, but will that stop him from being dirty again. In my own opinion, i think that is his own weakness and we are to complement each other in marriage, why dont ou continue to let him see reasons for good hygiene. Although, i dont buy the idea that every those things he said are women's duties, i think hes only lazy and giving that as an excuse for himself.
Well, Its one of the marriage dramas and may God help and give you wisdom to handle this without it leading to something else.

Brb

My sister I have tried. I won't givebup yet like you and baby123 said, will try more but its tiring talking about one issue over and over again. I hate dirtiness with passion that is why its difficult for me to cope. I will try.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks this thread is funny?

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by biolabee(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
ive been laughing since like a madt dawg

alutacontinua: Am I the only one that thinks this thread is funny?

you are defo not the only one

Op.. sorry o ur post is funny n the tribalistic lines killed it for me

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by LadyCCP: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
991:

lol back! marriage is for mature people, a kind of maturity that gives the ability to understand, accommodate and make changes without nagging.
you said you have a child abi? did you see d baby as a pig when you were changing pampers every now and then? that is marriage for you my sister, this time you have to realize you are not just a woman but a mother.

How can u compare a baby to an adult? Let ur hubby urinate in the toilet for a whole day and not flush it and tell me if the first thing that will come to your mind will not be to spank him like a child! I am a matured woman expecting my second child with same man, I have been matures about it, no one, not even his family or mine know about this, the possibility of anyone knowing me on nairaland is like ........impossible and here I can get diverse opinions without causing me or him harm or embarrassment.

26 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
LadyCCP:

How can u compare a baby to an adult? Let ur hubby urinate in the toilet for a whole day and not flush it and tell me if the first thing that will come to your mind will not be to spank him like a child! I am a matured woman expecting my second child with same man, I have been matures about it, no one, not even his family or mine know about this, the possibility of anyone knowing me on nairaland is like ........impossible and here I can get diverse opinions without causing me or him harm or embarrassment.

i understand you perfectly well, first few yrs of marriage is not that easy. but with time and positive efforts your home will become perfect as you want it.
myself as an e.g there are things i never believed i could adjust to like -

sleeping in d same bed with anyone
keeping dirty plates in kitchen till in the morning
sharing the same bathing-sponge with anyone
seeing used sanitary pad
kissing someone who's not brushed in the morning.....etc.

the list is unending but today marriage-life has changed almost all that, and i don't complain anymore..
just be wise the way you react to it in his presence, your reactions could be misinterpreted .

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by baby124: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
LadyCCP:

Thanks. He blames his mum for everything, says its way his mum brought him up. Its really a sad situation when you have to continually see a 36yrs man act like this. Its quite irritating and annoying. Bringing my children up in a completely different way from his upbringing is now my priority cos I can't imagine my child in future blaming me for any such a thing or parental related issues.

Yea. But i once attempted to date an igbo man who was so dirty. The day i went to his house to visit, i took to my heels. So it is not by tribe. Some men are just really spoiled. That guy must not have washed his toilet since he got the house, that must have been the dirtiest private bathroom i have ever seen. And on the outside the guy looks neat. And if the toilet is not clean, everywhere is dirty. Trust me, when i say it would have taken a week to clean the house. Some other things which were utterly disgusting like moldy plates and such were also there. And this is not the most disgusting thing i saw. You must have seen all these before marrying. Maybe you were desperate

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
LadyCCP: He doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet even when there are urine drops on his hands, he just wipes with his trousier, After toiletting, he will not wash with brush even when there is water. soap and brush and the toilet bowl is splattered with his feaces. He uses this for as long as 3months without washing neither toilet or bathroom.
Yee! Dirtyness of the highest order.
LadyCCP:
Secondly he is too unkempth, can wear one sleeping trousier for one month,after sex, he will use d same trousier to wipe his dicccck and still wear it, can sleep on an unmade bed for as long as possible.
Yee! Ah! Abé Bòbó yen a maa m'ata (his penniss & all join hair ll be stinking). Ah, ó kan gan-an!
LadyCCP: Early Last month, a nurse came around to take his blood sample for some test cos he wasnt feeling well, till now as i am writing this, the cotton wool he used to wipe the blood from the skin surface is still lying on his part of the wardrobe.
Isé ayé ni! (Witches @ work).
LadyCCP:
He has a little mouth odour and will not help himself.
Ah, to kiss him sef na WAEC.
LadyCCP: He is always rubbing his diccccckkk with his bare hands and uses same hands to touch everything in the house.
I m jumping on d sofa & laffing like a madman. Yee! Op, u don suffer no be small!
Dirtyness is a bad habit. If its me, I d v quarelled with him to the extent of divorce if he didn't change asap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by coogar: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
LadyCCP: I never knew i would bring this to Nairaland.
We have been married for about 2years now and have a child. We had a distant relationship so we didn't really live together for me to notice his dirty habit. I moved to his location few months after our wedding and since then, it beena terrible experience for me. He is just too dirty. doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet even when there are urine drops on his hands, he just wipes with his trousier, we have two batherooms, one for each room. Initially we were sharing one bathroom but I had to stop using it because of him. After toiletting, he will not washer with brush even when there is water. soap and brush and the toilet bowl is splattered with his feaces. He said its beneath him to wash the toilet, that how can a man wash the toilet? I had to switch to my ownership bathroom which thankfully has a toilet. He uses his for as long as 3months without washing neither toilet or bathroom. I was washing it before but I just had to stop when he said its beneath him to wash his own toilet, that its a woman's duty.

Secondly he is too unkempth and lives a scattered life, throws clothes anywhere, can wear one sleeping trousier for one month,after sex, he will use d same trousier to wipe his dicccck and still wear it, can sleep on an unmade bed for as long as possible. Never makes the bed insisting its s duty of a woman to make the bed everynight. Most times when he sleeps before me, I wake him up so I will make the bed, he will ask why didn't I make the bed before he slept, that I should make only my part I want to sleep on with our baby. Its all irritating and the worse of all is after I complain like forever, he says he is a Yoruba man that is used to dirtyness. I should get used to it. I dated a Yoruba man before I met him and that man is a direct opposite, neat to a fault. So I know its not an issue of him being a Yoruba man.

This man will drink satchet water, and leave the satchet lying about for days, I was picking up all his trash before but I have since stopped after he repeatedly said that its my duty to pick up the dirt he throws anywhere he likes. He will have a trash basket right infront of him but will still drop dirt on the bare floor.

Early Last month, a nurse came around to take his blood sample for some test cos he wasnt feeling well, till now as i am writing this, the cotton wool he used to wipe the blood from the skin surface is still lying on his part of the wardrobe.

I am the type that encourages brushing the teeth twice a day but my hubby has refused to be doing it. He has a little mouth odour and will not help himself. He is always rubbing his diccccckkk with his bare hands and uses same hands to touch everything in the house.

I sweep and mob the house regularly but he will just mess it up the minute am thru. We have a second room we reserved for our kids but from the look of things, I am considering setting the room up for myself.

The funny thing about this is that outside, he is a seen as a clean man and very very goodlooking but inside, he is a dirty pig.

was this an arranged marriage?
you mean you didn't notice all these filthy traits when you were courting? for you to have married a man like this says a lot about you than the man.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2013
Okiki oluwa grin you're a case grin

I'm rolling here with laughter cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by coogar: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
chaircover:

didnt you see my post ni? what a disappointment cooger angry

no fex
i didn't see your post in time. it's been very hot today, my vision is blurry!
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2013
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
So when he dey shine your Kongo do you hold your breathe for the 30minutes?

Does he take a shower daily?
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by HotPotato(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2013
Another reason why courtship is very important.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by biolabee(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
okiki baba.. i gbadusky ur post jaawe

coogar pls can u give us a gif

See what the op caused,,, now one ibo man sef doti.....(since the op went tribalistic)

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Caracta(f): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is a funny thread.
OP, if you are in Nigeria, report the case to Ministry of Women Affairs!

And if you are not....
Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2013

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by damiso(f): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Its sooo hilarious and I know the OP is not finding it funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
I hate FILTH so I dont even think I can advise you cos its just so disgusting when a grown bottom (let me kuku use bottom before NL changes it grin) does not follow simple hygiene rules.Even my 3 yr old knows you wash your hands after you leave the toilet .

Pele OP, he needs some kind of rehab or one kain disgrace shows they have here eg How Clean is your House or The Hoarder Next Door to make him realise his issues.The house one is manageable cos you can clean up after him or hire a cleaner but the personal hygiene bit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As they say no one is perfect so maybe uncleanliness is his own folly.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Too Dirty. I Want A Seperate Room by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Sounds like a Frat house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo: Fire Roasts 4 Children Of Same Parents To Death On Xmas Day In Anambra / I Find It Difficult To Sleep Alone In A Room Or In A House / AWidow That Didn't Visit Me When I Gave Birth Expects Christmas Money From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.