Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,145 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

What Would Make You Change Your Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (16738 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Chinaimporter: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2013
[size=38pt]i will change my religion for money and money alone[/size]
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 8:42am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is why I dont believe in any religion.

Only a religious mind can think like this. How can a rational person say that he doesnt care what the truth is?

This person called Afam4Eva will pass on lies to his/her children and the cycle of ignorance will continue.

So many forigne countries have done away with religion, even the UK that brought christianity to us. We Nigerians need to see the light.

Facts made me leave religion all together. The fact that all religions are ethnocentric and inherently racist shows that they are man made. There is no universal religion. Arab main prophet for islam that started in Arab lands. Jewish prophets from moses to Jesus for chrisianiy and judaism etc.

So, how are you sure you're not the one living a lie? How are you actually sure that there's no God. You may think you've found the truth but in actuality, it's your truth that you've found.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by gendebs(m): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2013
I am fragile about religious issue. So many people would have change thier religion or stop believing in God if they read thier bible and quran with open mind. Many people read verses in d bible and hadith in the qoran with the aim of not wanting to know the real truth about thier religion manual. I read the bible with open mind, any time i see some thing unusual in d bible i am so quick to question my pastor and deacon about what i saw. Some they have answer for whil others they don't know the answer or have answer for it. Seriously, if people read with open mind i am very sure 60% of religious people will denounce thier religion for some thing else.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by AroOkigbo(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2013
If my religion is worth killing for yet I can't start with myself.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by dolphinife: 8:51am On Mar 17, 2013
As far as I knw, we never chose our religion, our parents chose which religion to follow. Right from our childhood, we were carried to either mosque or church or whatever, and as we grow up, we were initiated into these religions. It is never in our making dat we belong to either christianity or islam, it was our parents dat actually lay the foundation for our belief. About 95% of christians and muslims today started when they were kids and not when they grew up.
If u are a Yoruba man, and u live in the midst of Hausa people, definitely, u will be initiated into Hausa language and culture. That's how religion looks like.
If u are a catholic, anglican, reedeem, deeper life, nasfat, traditionalist or whatever, u were only following ur parents footsteps and not by ur own conviction.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by nokia3310: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Even if God exists, he is certainly a confused being that doesn't deserve to be worship... NONE OF HIS RELIGION EVEN MAKES SENSE AT ALL.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by obowunmi(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2013
sweet p##uhssy. grin grin
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

So, how are you sure you're not the one living a lie? How are you actually sure that there's no God. You may think you've found the truth but in actuality, it's your truth that you've found.

How are you sure that there is no toothfairy or a celestial teapot.

I believe in facts and evidence. Prove your God and I will believe. You cant prove your god, now can you?

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Joyland(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2013
oluface: I changed from christain to muslim simply because i believe that God is one . Christainity was also formed after jesus departed. Jesus himself was a muslim and not christain. Believe it not not. He has no share in Trinity. He is nothing but a prophet of God just like noah.

Belonging to a particular Church is not it all. There is a big difference between the two.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2013
I think, the question should be... "Why do you even need a religion?"

To answer the question:
I would change my religion if I confirm that it is illogical... then again, NO religion is logical. So even if I believed in any religion and wanted to change... I'd be a free thinker (assuming it is a religion, for having what it stands for.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

How are you sure that there is no toothfairy or a celestial teapot.

I believe in facts and evidence. Prove your God and I will believe. You cant prove your god, now can you?

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

Why don't you disprove that there's a God? Why are you an atheist? How were humans created?
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Sobrit(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2013
@logicboy, you are wrong on that statement that all religion is ethnocentric and hence human creation. Christianity is the universal religion except u want to buy into some schools of thought that christianity is not a religion but a way of life. From the mission statement of Jesus, christianity was not for the jews alone but all mankind. Guess u have lost touch with the scripture before u called it quit with religion. U may need to go back and check if that's your reason.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Cashio(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Trottle: Always a muslim coz nobody wish to be in darkness after you have seen the light. Atheist saying that there is no God hmm.... Una well done by the time you are buried in the grave and witness a new life entirely then you will be exposed to realities and it would be to late.those boko haram spoiling the image of islam,killing innocent people then they (boko haram)are almost like you atheist since as a muslim u never go against Allah and his prophet. Come to ISLAM,COME TO LIGHT NEVER BE AMONG THOSE THAT PERISH DUE TO STUBBORNESS
not an atheist...but hu the heck is saying islam is a real religion when brainwashed guys are fighting 4 72 virgins in paradise...gush dt paradise must be so corrupt
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jhydebaba(m): 9:13am On Mar 17, 2013
musKeeto:
u dont need an oga at the top, you need a slap from above...
Morgan1092: Can u just grow 4 1's.
tantita: ..enuf already wit dis oga @ d top tin its more annoying Dan funny dis dys .
I won't say anything now and my oga at the top will say another thing.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why don't you disprove that there's a God? Why are you an atheist? How were humans created?

Burden of proof is on the claimant
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Burden of proof is on the claimant
At least prove that you know the truth now. Tell us how you were created.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by talk2me006(m): 9:16am On Mar 17, 2013
Icecomrade: its obvious 4rm ur comment that u were never a christain or never had the priviledge to open ur bible 4 once. Back in school days, studying islamic family law n crime exposed me to the study of islamism. Still keeping my Quran. Keep quiet n stop writing what u dont know. Try and engage me in comparism n extent of inconsistencies, u ll probably convert hindusim this time. Gullible mind

WHY ARE U ANGRY NOW ! BROS TAKE IT EASY.THE GUY HAS SPOKEN.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Changing Religion is courageous but finding truth doesnt warrant changing religion, truth is outside religion.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Dygeasy(m): 9:32am On Mar 17, 2013
freestuv:

so shameful you lost peace in ur former religion...if unfortunately u cudnt find peace in ur present religion any longer...U will consider trying another...What a confused mind u are...smh!
now what exactly are you riled about? My changing or the peace I found?

I don't know why most people take someone else's life like its theirs.

i don't think its any of your business.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
At least prove that you know the truth now. Tell us how you were created.

I never claimed anything.

My statement was that god has never been proved and you havent proven him and so, there is no reason to believe in him.

What I do know are the facts- the fact is that we human beings evolved from other animals.
===================

This has nothing to do with God.....prove that your god exists.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Revolva(m): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2013
Money is my religion - I can't change it
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by temitemi1(m): 9:34am On Mar 17, 2013
manosteel: When my religion starts planting bombs and grenades in other places of worship or starts fighting for the same God I assumed to be worshiping, then i will sign out from that religion and seek peace elsewhere.
u ve said my mind, no comment!!!

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 17, 2013
So-brit:
@logicboy, you are wrong on that statement that all religion is ethnocentric and hence human creation. Christianity is the universal religion except u want to buy into some schools of thought that christianity is not a religion but a way of life. From the mission statement of Jesus, christianity was not for the jews alone but all mankind. Guess u have lost touch with the scripture before u called it quit with religion. U may need to go back and check if that's your reason.

You worship a god of the Jews and a Jewish man called Jesus?

Tell me why your God has a chosen race and how that is not racist and ethnocentric
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:35am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:
What I do know are the facts- the fact is that we human beings evolved from other animals.
Now, this is what in was waiting for. Prove to us that we emerged from other animals. I mean SOLID proof.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2013
For those of you that belief in "trinity" am sorry u lack vision and you can't understand. Ask yourself this simple question. God is ur father as you claim, but can you av 3 fathers in a house? Pls be sincere and don't be rational with your tot.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Now, this is what in was waiting for. Prove to us that we emerged from other animals. I mean SOLID proof.

This is not about evolution which you are ignorant about.

This is about religion....and as such, you wont change your religion because you like to remain ignorant...you said in your own words that you dont care about the truth!
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is not about evolution which you are ignorant about.

This is about religion....and as such, you wont change your religion because you like to remain ignorant...you said in your own words that you dont care about the truth!
So, if you believe in evolution then why are you discussing religious matters. You always call on religious people to provide proof that God really does exist but you're not willing to do the same thing for your belief system.

Yes, i said i don't care about the truth because it's relative. People find the truth in different places.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, if you believe in evolution then why are you discussing religious matters. You always call on religious people to provide proof that God really does exist but you're not willing to do the same thing for your belief system.

Evolution is science not religion.

Catholic church accepts evolution. Catholic organisations teach it. Numerous christians teach it. Is it a coincidence that black christians are among the least likely to accept evolution among other christians in America?
======================================================================================

I told you that this is not about evolution. This is about religion. You can doubt evolution all you want out of ignorance, I dont care becaus the evidence for it is overwhelming in genetics and fossils.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Evolution is science not religion.

Catholic church accepts evolution. Catholic organisations teach it. Numerous christians teach it. Is it a coincidence that black christians are among the least likely to accept evolution among other christians in America?
======================================================================================

I told you that this is not about evolution. This is about religion. You can doubt evolution all you want out of ignorance, I dont care becaus the evidence for it is overwhelming in genetics and fossils.

Whether the pope believes in evolution or not is not the issue. The issue is that you should prove to the house that believing in evolution is not a delusion just like Religion(according to you). It's those evidence that i need.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by nerodenero: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

Yes, i said i don't care about the truth because it's relative. People find the truth in different places.
What we perceive as the truth might not actually be the truth.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:

Whether the pope believes in evolution or not is not the issue. The issue is that you should prove to the house that believing in evolution is not a delusion just like Religion(according to you). It's those evidence that i need.

This is about religion. Evolution is not up here for discussion.

I give up.

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

This is about religion. Evolution is not up here for discussion.

I give up.

I guess you'll have to prove yourself in another thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Faith Is Bad / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work / An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92