Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,393 members, 7,819,405 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

What Would Make You Change Your Religion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? (16739 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / For Which Reasons Would You Change Your Church / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by temitemi1(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2013
chiefololade: Islam is my religion, and I don't think anytin can make me change dat!
that ur religion get as e be oooo! I fear that ur religion pass sango (god of iron)

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2013
nerodenero: What we perceive as the truth might not actually be the truth.
Exactly my point.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
Exactly my point.

lol....so what you perceive as god might not be true.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jmoore(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2013
oluface: I changed from christain to muslim simply because i believe that God is one . Christainity was also formed after jesus departed. Jesus himself was a muslim and not christain. Believe it not not. He has no share in Trinity. He is nothing but a prophet of God just like noah.
Ignorance made you to leave. You know nothing about christianity! Jesus is God

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by spicyJ(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2013
jhydebaba: If I receive instructions from my oga at the top.
pls stop this Oga at the top issue,it is begining to irritate a lot of persons here.put urseif in that man's position u will knw the spychological effect he might have been going through.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Afam4eva(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....so what you perceive as god might not be true.
What you perceive as the truth may also not be the truth. Everyone thinks they're right and everyone else is wrong.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Rajosh(m): 10:05am On Mar 17, 2013
jhydebaba: If I receive instructions from my oga at the top.
sharraapp d 'my oga at d top' tn doesn't make sense atall
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2013
No religion is wrong about God, its simply our level of assimilation of truth that determines which group that we feel comfortable with, when Soul has learnt its lessons and graduated from one school of thought and is in quest for other level truth within its conscious threshold, the cosmic energy will guide soul to the next level which can be another religion until such a time Soul has right knowledge base to break away from religion into the ultimate to find its atomic credence. That is self realization. So therefore, you are comfortable at your threshold energy level. The simple answer is, you change religion when your present religion can no more offer true answers to your matured questions which are beyond the scope of the status quo.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by mkoabiola: 10:07am On Mar 17, 2013
dolphinife: As far as I knw, we never chose our religion, our parents chose which religion to follow. Right from our childhood, we were carried to either mosque or church or whatever, and as we grow up, we were initiated into these religions. It is never in our making dat we belong to either christianity or islam, it was our parents dat actually lay the foundation for our belief. About 95% of christians and muslims today started when they were kids and not when they grew up.
If u are a Yoruba man, and u live in the midst of Hausa people, definitely, u will be initiated into Hausa language and culture. That's how religion looks like.
If u are a catholic, anglican, reedeem, deeper life, nasfat, traditionalist or whatever, u were only following ur parents footsteps and not by ur own conviction.
Well said.
GBAM!
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 17, 2013
oluface: I changed from christain to muslim simply because i believe that God is one . Christainity was also formed after jesus departed. Jesus himself was a muslim and not christain. Believe it not not. He has no share in Trinity. He is nothing but a prophet of God just like noah.
Ur comment dsnt change who Jesus is. He is Lord, He is God
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Paschal007: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2013
Atheists are preaching their religion in this thread on Sunday. cool

Topic nope. I love my current religion. It's flexible and i practice it as i deem fit the spirit leads. All other religions seems tedious to me

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2013
Paschal007: Atheists are preaching their religion in this thread on Sunday. cool

Topic nope. I love my current religion. It's flexible and i practice it as i deem fit the spirit leads. All other religions seems tedious to me

Ask your oga at the top, he will tell you there is no God
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Ebestsmscom: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2013
If only they are going contrary to the word of the almighty.

Turning the BIBLE upside down.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Sabotage4700(m): 10:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]If there's one thing i've learned, it is that one person's light may be another person's darkness. People who convert always say that they've found the truth when it's actually the truth that they wanted to find that they did find.

@topic
There's nothing that can make me change my religion. Not because i feel that mine is better than every other religion but because i just don't care whether the truth is here or not. Infact, i'm not interested in the truth. I just want to live my life.[/size]
then you have no use on earth., you should die there no live 4 u 2 live again.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2013
Islam gives you no choice. You change you DIE.
Islam Is Not a Religion. Ashawo No Be Work.
Biggest on going scam on mankind.

5 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:38am On Mar 17, 2013
jerseyboy: Islam gives you no choice. You change you are DIE.

is dis latin or what sef? U sound so incoherent.... but seems ur brain is photochopped...
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by gen2briz(m): 10:38am On Mar 17, 2013
jammyng: if you have read the Koran well, u won't even say this. The Koran didn't call Jesus a prophet but a 'Messiah'. In other words, a saviour!

Try and check Matthew 15:24 and see that jesus is a prophet send only (I mean only) to the lost sheep of Israel and not the whole world.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by RedLight1: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2013
devigblegble: I don't really do religion I just try to live a decent life
exatly

1000 likes
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Red-Light:
exatly

1000 likes
fastest way to hell....someone from d redlight district is talking of decency....smh
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by bikinibabe(f): 10:50am On Mar 17, 2013
ermm.....wait am comin first
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Flygerian1(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2013
NOTHING.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jhydebaba(m): 10:56am On Mar 17, 2013
spicy J: pls stop this Oga at the top issue,it is begining to irritate a lot of persons here.put urseif in that man's position u will knw the spychological effect he might have been going through.
Rajosh: sharraapp d 'my oga at d top' tn doesn't make sense atall
my oga at the top must hear this tongue
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by bukatyne(f): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2013

I hope you know what the word christian meant? It was not a formed religion. I am also sure that the Jesus you are referring to is not Jesus Christ in the Bible.

Goodluck on your conversion.

Have a splendid day.
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Carmall(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2013
I can't change because Allah just kept giving me proof that islam is the only religion He endorse.
Alhamdulilah for being a muslim.

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by onetrack(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2013
ibrutex:

That was the saying of stonehearted unbeliver in acient times,go and see their end

Threats are useless. The Hindus have been around since ancient times and they are unbelievers yet they are still here.

I refuse to believe that some god revealed himself by whispering to certain people who left no evidence of their prophethood.

In addition, the 'holy' books such as the Bible and Quran are poorly written, incoherent at times, contain errors, and are full of threats and violence. Those gods (Yahweh, Allah) did a very poor job of revealing their religions and besides they are more evil than good. How could I possibly believe such sad jokes?
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by okechukwu2013: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2013
NOTHING my religion is my life and I can't change my life
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 17, 2013
jmoore:
U are calling Jesus a fellow human like u God pls don't wait till the day of judgement and see Jesus deny that fact in ur presence that he is nothing but a servant of God like u and I but the only different is that he is a prophet of God
Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 17, 2013
jerseyboy: Islam gives you no choice. You change you are DIE.

Which religion us a scam between Islam and Christianity when Islam preaches u pay 2.5% of your annual income and Christianity preaches 10 % of ur monthly income which does not have a proof in the bible
Islam preaches that thr is no celibacy an everyone should marry while xtianity allows celibacy thereby deny some sisters and brothers the enjoyment of sex
Islam preaches that u should share love with ur wife even when she is on her period but not intimate with her during her period but xtianity preaches u desert ur wife when she is on her period
Islam is d only acceptable religion in the sight of Allah.
If the word Islam is ur prob the I say submission to will of God is the only religion acceptable by God as this submission is the religion of all the prophets from Adam to Muhammad peace be upon them all

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by jmoore(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2013
lekibraky:
U are calling Jesus a fellow human like u God pls don't wait till the day of judgement and see Jesus deny that fact in ur presence that he is nothing but a servant of God like u and I but the only different is that he is a prophet of God
smh. Koran copied the bible and turned it upside down.

Jesus is God!

3 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by okechukwu2013: 11:45am On Mar 17, 2013
jmoore:
I put it to you that while you were professing christianity you never practiced it. As a passive member may be you found yourself in the midts of fanatical musilems who brainwashed you to accept their faith. If you are conversant with theological history you find out that a lot of musilems who changed to christianity are more zealous and committed in the christian faith because to them they have finally seen the light. I seriously pity someone like you who was born into a real relegion only for you to abandon it and is now chasing shadows.I pray that your lost soul be retrieved before it is too late

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Change Your Religion? by ifihearam: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2013
Its only a fool that will change from Light to darkness and I am not a fool so I WILL NEVER and can NEVER change from CHRISTIANITY to any other dark place.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Jesus Dance And Sing? / An Atheist Encountered Powers In Dunamis; There Is God Ooooo / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.