Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41576 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Sorry, I'm above beans.

I like my eggs and cereal in their normal form e jo. Not mashed up with legumes.

no mind am.
I'm sure she had to calculate the number of beans lipsrsealed cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

Is Heinz baked beans English or American?
Its the best thing to go with egg and toast . . . the English at least know how to eat breakfast.

Indeed!
after the beans what else?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
blue-sky:

lipsrsealed
who told u this nonsense. . . . and people wonder when they say americans no nothing about anything outside america. tongue

Those who LIVE THERE? beans this beans that. Like they have beans growing on their heads. Bloody loons  tongue

Btw it's "know" not "no"  wink
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2008
My sister come and eat abeg!

I ge  'beans milkshake' grin grin grin

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2008
um eggs and toast is eaten with milk or orange juice. or even fruit.

NOT bloody baked beans. Gross.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by mamaorga(f): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Sorry, I'm above your "beans and franks" business

I like my eggs and cereal in their normal form e jo. Not mashed up with legumes. wink

Rofl osisi

lets put it this way

u sure say beans no dey above u? tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

um eggs and toast is eaten with milk or orange juice. or even fruit.

NOT bloody baked beans. Gross.

aha i see you've never tried it before.   cheesy
After you're done u'll rub ur stomach and say thank you Jesus.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Elosela
girl, beans milkshake. . now that is just plain nasty undecided
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

Indeed!
after the beans what else?

Add some to your salad. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by mamaorga(f): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

I ge  'beans milkshake' grin grin grin
[/quote

thank u jare

my hand dey inside
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by bluesky4(f): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

Is Heinz baked beans English or American?
Its the best thing to go with egg and toast . . . the English at least know how to eat breakfast.

heinz is a german brand. . . but the english brekki is too much fat. . . .toast, egg, baked beans, bacon, and the lot. . . .too much!

D-reloaded:

Those who LIVE THERE? beans this beans that. Like they have beans growing on their heads. Bloody loons tongue

Btw it's "know" not "no" wink
beans on toast, lmbao, is this what your complaining about?
and b.t.w, thank u mrs english teacher. . . . its called txt talk darlin wink

mr moderator - aka sean, b.t.w mean 'by the way' NOT 'between'
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by mamaorga(f): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

I ge 'beans milkshake' grin grin grin

thank u jare

my hand dey inside
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2008
D-reloaded:

Sorry, I'm above your "beans and franks" business

I like my eggs and cereal in their normal form e jo. Not mashed up with legumes. wink

Rofl osisi

What?? You are above drinking ‘beans milkshake? I don die!, no be you introduce the kini for hia??

Wonders shall never cease! grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by londoner: 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2008
This is getting sooooo juvenile, lol

My previous posts are missing,  angry angry angry cry
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Sholeyb: 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hi,

I have seen some comments about the houses in UK, its amazing that our naija mentality still means that we naijas mainly live in London and never travel around UK. UK is lovely if you are willing to go 'outside London' ( I hate that statement).

I live in a beautiful village in Cheshire, nice country side really really lovely. I guess its not really about UK -V-USA, but more about the way our people live in each country. I know people on both sides of the continent who are doing well and others who are not doing so well, both countries have their pros and cons.

But I believe the economies of both countries say it all, USA is going down and UK is still doing alright. Go figure!!!!

1 Like

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
blue-sky:

heinz is a german brand. . . but the english brekki is too much fat. . . .toast, egg, baked beans, bacon, and the lot. . . .too much!

I dont think so, americans dont eat all that "fat" and yet obese ducks are waddling all over the street.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by mamaorga(f): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

What?? You are above drinking ‘beans milkshake? I don die!, no be you introduce the kini for hia??

Wonders shall never cease! grin grin grin

@elosela abi ooooo
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

no mind am.
I'm sure she had to calculate the number of beans lipsrsealed cool

Why you de disgrace person like that? Eehh Nwandos?, Take time o!  shocked

*counting more beans to make another milkshake*

grin grin grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by orisebawo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2008
I prefer the UK because i live there and understand the way things work,that is not to say the US of A is not good, I agree that in comparism things are smaller in terms of the size of your house,car, lifestyle etc but i dont think poverty is so blatant in the UK.

for the past 4 years my family and I go to the states every year for holidays and i do enjoy the shopping,the big roads,the hotels  the cars and generally the change of scene but it isnt a place i would love to leave. I will be going to sacramento next month and i am really looking forward to it.

In terms of how much money you could make, i guess that would depend on your field and level of expertise and from my little research i am better off in the UK as a chartered accountant than in the states and if you are a contractor even better.

Conclusion: I prefer to live in the UK and visit the US of A
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
Sholeyb:

But I believe the economies of both countries say it all, USA is going down and UK is still doing alright. Go figure!!!!

The economy is not the sole criteria for determining which country is better. The UK pound is stronger than the dollar but the average American is more financially stable than his British counterpart who spends every single pound on bills, taxes and yet more bills.

Without the millitary might of the US the UK would long have been blown to bits by the Germans in WWII.  tongue

1 Like

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
@4Him

Heinz Baked Beans is American.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by mamaorga(f): 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

@Elosela

one man's food is another man's poison
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

@Elosela

You no know betta ting! Ask D-Loaded. grin grin grin

LOL!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

I don't think so, americans don't eat all that "fat" and yet obese ducks are waddling all over the street.

its called lack of exercise, and they dnt maintain their physique. . .one thing i despise in america. . .but i still prefer it to UK. cool
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2008
mama orga:

one man's food is another man's poison
na you be her interpreter . . .like i said Elosela, that is just plain nasty. elosela, shey that's what you're busying yourself with, counting beans to make more milkshake? no wonder, if that's the only think you do in UK, i guess more ppl would prefer UK to america. . . embarassed
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Sholeyb: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ 4him.

Very funny. Why was there a brain drain from Nigeria in the past, of course the economy, why are Nigerians returning home now, u don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

The economy is extremely important, would you go and live in Sierra Leone now, I know things will improve there soon. But truth be told, no one wants to live in a financially unstable country. I am a realist.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

na you be her interpreter . . .like i said Elosela, that is just plain nasty. elosela, shey that's what you're busying yourself with, counting beans to make more milkshake? no wonder, if that's the only think you do in UK, i guess more people would prefer UK to america. . . embarassed

Yes I am here counting beans to make another milkshake! na fight?  Your girl D-Loaded was kind enough to introduce me to this speciality and I happen to think its okay. Which one be your own sef?grin grin

And in this context it is 'thing' not 'think'! Wetin they dey teach una for yonda sef?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2008
Sholeyb:

@ 4him.

Very funny. Why was there a brain drain from Nigeria in the past, of course the economy, why are Nigerians returning home now, u don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

The economy is extremely important, would you go and live in Sierra Leone now, I know things will improve there soon. But truth be told, no one wants to live in a financially unstable country. I am a realist.

What is even more funny is that you equate the US to "great" nations like Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
The US is financially unstable?  grin cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by londoner: 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
, Is it really that deeeeeeep??
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Sholeyb: 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ 4him

If you read to understand, you would have understood that the underlying statement I am making is that no one including yourself will live in a financially unstable country.

With regards to your 2nd statement, it shows that you have no clue. I have chosen not to lead evidence to butress my point. Go and read FT and watch the news
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

The economy is not the sole criteria for determining which country is better. The UK pound is stronger than the dollar but the average American is more financially stable than his British counterpart who spends every single pound on bills, taxes and yet more bills.

Without the millitary might of the US the UK would long have been blown to bits by the Germans in WWII.  tongue

Please! The Americans came late to the party after they got their a$$es severely kicked in Pearl Harbour by the Japanese!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

Yes I am here counting beans to make another milkshake! na fight? Your girl D-Loaded was kind enough to introduce me to this speciality and I happen to think its okay. Which one be your own sef?grin grin

And in this context it is 'thing' not 'think'! Wetin they dey teach una for yonda sef?

whatever you and D-reloaded have na your own wahala. . . as long as you've answered my question. so the main reason why you prefer UK to USA is b/c its easier for you to spend your time counting beans there. ok. no probe. now we know why you're bleating about the American economy and racial issues.

and for correcting my mistake, one kobo for you, now at least that will motivate you to keep checking each post for errors

Now as for the comment you made to me on the other page as of racial tension in America, omo, my post was based on what i heard ( as you did the same) and what i read in the media, and what my family members witnessed. well, i suppose it depends on each person's experience. well, where am leaving i prefer it to what i've heard about UK. that's the main reason why i picked it, and am sure that's the second reason why you picked UK.

and i repeat,i prefer USA to UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

5 Countries That Don't Want You To Visit Them (pics) / United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / Women With Buttocks Surgery Couldn't Sit While On A Plane (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.