Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti (15003 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by talk2dayland: 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
You can visit grace conveenant centre ado ekiti.the happiest family on eearth.where everybody is somebody and jesus is lord

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Julbu(m): 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
i am recommending Seventh Day Adventist Church,opopogboro,adebayo ado ekiti.God will meet u there!
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
Church of satan will serve u better. Mtcheeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by opad(m): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
opad: I hope it wont sound as an advertising mode.
HFCC- House of Faith Christian Church, Opp State Hospital, Adoekiti
Agape Christian Church, Onigari, GRA, Adoekiti
These worship centers were a blessing to me while a student in Unad.
There are other Churches too, you could attend one service to verify if what you
seek is found.
Shalom!
Hmmm. 2 Likes! nice1, Are there members of HFCC in the house?

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by aribitoye(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
eforce: Here are the best in Ado-ekiti
1. House of Faith-(Although there is a lot of emphasis on giving, it is a new generation church that would help you in times like this)
2.MFM- The place lacks a little in good music, but very good mostly in spiritual affairs such as deliverance and fervent prayers.
3.AGAPE- This is a branch of the main church in Akure, it is also just like house of faith, strategically positioned for youth development and destiny fulfilment.
4.Redemmed( Life Gate parish at adehun)complete church, they have a little of everything, messages are basically bible study
5.chapel of his glory- Old school church, (faith of our fathers living still).Lacks motivational enlightenments but very christlike
6.deeper Life_ like every other one in the country, holiness is our watchword, that;s all
6b. global harvest church- youth church , motivational and forward moving.
7. winners chapel- everybody's church including politicians and commissioners, aristos and all yet there are still good christians there, what you go there to find is what you would get, giving is also an emphasis though
8.christ embassy- Party church, good motivation for destiny fulfillment, but falls behind in christian living and holiness, in other words you might get lost in the church, there is also a little bit of pastor worship but very good for destiny fulfillment and healing

These are the churches on our radar in ado-ekiti, Grace covenant is also there but dont know much about them. CAC too is good but i had to remove it when one of the branches had issues with their pastor, i don't know what state they are now, that was some years ago though.
at poster, there is nothing like church prostitution, as far as christianity and the bible is concerned, every ministry has a specific calling, only redeemed comes closest to a complete church, even though redeemed is still more for salvation etc. you have to look inward and determine with the guidance of God, exactly what you need and the ministry to provide it, you may have to attend 2 or 3 ministries constantly. It would also prevent you from pastor worship,stagnancy and religious activities as against faith and the fruit of the spirit.
God bless you.

God bless you abundantly my brother (or is it sister?)..your post has provided an elaborate answer to my request, you have really broken it down for me, infact, i have bookmarked this page!..the part i like about your post is that u didnt even recommend your personal church, but gave a depth insight to the ones available. please are u in ado-ekiti? i would like to contact you..God bless you once again..

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by wbankz(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
CFM along iyin road..u cant ask 4anytin more most def 4ur spiritual welfare.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by denitro(m): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Latter day Saints
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Temismith(f): 5:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
dallyemmy: GO TO REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD
precisly life gate mega parish in adehun....
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
aribitoye: Brethren, i will be relocating to Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state with my family in two weeks time. Please i need advise on the church to start attending because i want to avoid what is popularly known as 'church prostitution'.

Nb: my present church does not have a branch in ekiti state.

My kind of church should have the following qualities:

1. A church that is spiritually alive and active.
2. A church that wont place much emphasis on giving...
3. A church that wont have a register for tithes or offerings because i believe my giving should be without compulsion.
4. A church that is musically sound with good instruments, good choir and great worship leaders.

Please i need ur hearty responses breathren.

Check RCCG, though i dont know if they meet all your demands.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
alexleo: But which church were you attending where you are and why do you want to change? When i know your reasons then i ll tell you the church you should attend. cheers.

Have you ever sat for JAMB? If yes, read his post again.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by benzion72(m): 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Living Faith Church AKA Winners Chapel meet all your needs. We walk araound teaching on the Twelve pillar of Word of God,Faith, Prayer, Prosperity, Healing etc And money is never our problem. We give willingly not by compulsion. We believe we are too small to help God he is the one that can help us. That is my idea

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by damdeloy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
all what you need to do is to ask for God direction.there are many churches that is serving true God.pray to God and He will direct your path
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Bashoruntolu(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
juventino: Olumba Olumba will meet your needs cool

we re yet to open Ado branch, hehehe
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Bashoruntolu(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
angelz: lf u belive in the power of prayer, talk to God fervently about it.
When you get to Ekiti, keep praying for him to show you the right way and be open minded.
it may be where you least expect that HIS spirit will direct you.
Tell him to show you signs that it is the right church.
Pray as often as the thought keeps poping up in your mind.
dont follow the crowd. If u r really sincere (since God can see ur Heart)HE will grant your request.
What you hope for may not be the right one, so humbly follow HIS lead.
Remember, PRAY ferventlt about it.

Chapel of His Glory, Iworoko themes...
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by eyoiba(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
My brother, i was once in ur shoes. I came to Ado-ekiti in the year 2008 and there was no (still non existent) of my church in town. After touring almost all the "perceived" good churches in town i made my decision. Before mentioning the church i latter settled for let me state that i'm not insuinating that all other churches i attended are not good. Let me even analysis some of those other churches' good attributes for you to know that "destroying " them and may it will even help you in making your decision:
1, Grace Covenant Church: this is a very good church that emphases on the word of God. The pastor is a professor of mathematics and wife is also a prof and you will find many lecturers like you there. It will be a place of networking apart from spiritual development, you will meet members that will assist you both spiritually and also in your career. Also since you will be working at Oye, you will most likely find accmdatn in Adebayo and the church is located at Adebayo, #proximitythings#. They don't demand from any member financially you give according to your will. There is a branch in GRA also.
2, Jesus Chapel, along Iyin Rd Basiri, branches all over Ado-ekiti. The senior pastor is Rev Idowu. This is one of the biggest churches in Ado and the pastor is a TEACHER of the word. I don't know any other Teacher of the word in Ado that is better than this gentleman and only few are more gifted in terms of teaching than this man in the whole country. If want real exposure & deep insight into the word this church is suggested. About emphasis on finance i don't know much. Also there are many lecturers in this church also and its also a good place for networking career-wise and its not too far from Adebayo area. The service is usually long.
3, Rev Kunle Salami's church is also very good, i used to listen to His program on the radio and his preachings are always very insightful.
4, I also attended Redeemed and its also very good.
5, Global Harvest is a youthful and vibrant church. Its along Unad Rd.
Finally let me tell you the church I settled for. Its Living Faith Church. The church has the word, in terms of praise/worship no part 2, spiritually, the church is solid. Spiritulity is a majorly a personal thing no church can force spirituality on, if you look round you will find a Christ embassy members that are more spiritual than MFM or Deeperlife members, im not putting any church down but i just sighted example. As much as pastor Adeboye is spiritual one would expect that automatically all redeemed members will be spiritual - is that what is obtainable? A church can only creat an atmosphere and there is that atmospher in Living Faith. About giving its not forced on anyone. You give according to your will. Nobody will take note of ur giving. I have to confess that i struggled with this aspect of the Church's doctrine initially but I got the conviction latter. Despit my conviction no one can force me to give i only give my spirit is will no matter what any pastor says even uptill now. Tithe is also emphasised but not forced. Most importantly let the holy spirit guide u in choosing ur church. I 've left Ado-ekit for Akure & I'm still a member of Living Faith. (Sorry for the typos i typed through my phone).

4 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by aribitoye(m): 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
eyoiba: My brother, i was once in ur shoes. I came to Ado-ekiti in the year 2008 and there was no (still non existent) of my church in town. After touring almost all the "perceived" good churches in town i made my decision. Before mentioning the church i latter settled for let me state that i'm not insuinating that all other churches i attended are not good. Let me even analysis some of those other churches' good attributes for you to know that "destroying " them and may it will even help you in making your decision:
1, Grace Covenant Church: this is a very good church that emphases on the word of God. The pastor is a professor of mathematics and wife is also a prof and you will find many lecturers like you there. It will be a place of networking apart from spiritual development, you will meet members that will assist you both spiritually and also in your career. Also since you will be working at Oye, you will most likely find accmdatn in Adebayo and the church is located at Adebayo, #proximitythings#. They don't demand from any member financially you give according to your will. There is a branch in GRA also.
2, Jesus Chapel, along Iyin Rd Basiri, branches all over Ado-ekiti. The senior pastor is Rev Idowu. This is one of the biggest churches in Ado and the pastor is a TEACHER of the word. I don't know any other Teacher of the word in Ado that is better than this gentleman and only few are more gifted in terms of teaching than this man in the whole country. If want real exposure & deep insight into the word this church is suggested. About emphasis on finance i don't know much. Also there are many lecturers in this church also and its also a good place for networking career-wise and its not too far from Adebayo area. The service is usually long.
3, Rev Kunle Salami's church is also very good, i used to listen to His program on the radio and his preachings are always very insightful.
4, I also attended Redeemed and its also very good.
5, Global Harvest is a youthful and vibrant church. Its along Unad Rd.
Finally let me tell you the church I settled for. Its Living Faith Church. The church has the word, in terms of praise/worship no part 2, spiritually, the church is solid. Spiritulity is a majorly a personal thing no church can force spirituality on, if you look round you will find a Christ embassy members that are more spiritual than MFM or Deeperlife members, im not putting any church down but i just sighted example. As much as pastor Adeboye is spiritual one would expect that automatically all redeemed members will be spiritual - is that what is obtainable? A church can only creat an atmosphere and there is that atmospher in Living Faith. About giving its not forced on anyone. You give according to your will. Nobody will take note of ur giving. I have to confess that i struggled with this aspect of the Church's doctrine initially but I got the conviction latter. Despit my conviction no one can force me to give i only give my spirit is will no matter what any pastor says even uptill now. Tithe is also emphasised but not forced. Most importantly let the holy spirit guide u in choosing ur church. I 've left Ado-ekit for Akure & I'm still a member of Living Faith. (Sorry for the typos i typed through my phone).

nice one bro.God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by alexleo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
aribitoye: @alexleo, u will see from my post in the NB section dat i wrote that my present church does not have a branch in ekiti state..so go ahead and recommended considering the qualities i listed..thanks

Then i recommend Apostolic Faith Church for you. Better still you can pray and ask God to direct you on which church to go to. If you are sincere, God will direct you to any church he knows will be best for you. God knows you more than any of us here and he also loves you more than any of us here and he will give you the best more than any of us here. God bless you.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by jantil: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
The church that perfectly fit your above description is the Apostolic Faith Church, where there is no donation of any form, just the pure doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by boarnerges: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
my dear brother, i can fell the enthusiasm of which people are inviting you to church. A sort of competition so to say; a more clear revelation of self-erected wall of partition among the different denomination. No church can save you! Not even the largest or oldest in the world or any that have been mentioned here. I appreciate your zeal even to carry the alter to a new land.with such zeal, pray to God to direct you. Remember, those who seek me will find me: it is well with you. May God prosper you in your new place. God bless you.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Greatlydia(f): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
church of christ is wat u need
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by jendoslim(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
I strongly recomend APOSTOLIC FAITH for u . Where JESUS is our focus, no collection of plates, no compulsion whatsoever, where u experience the REAL Salvation of GOD through exercising ur faith in HIM. God bless u as u join us.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Teefabs(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Go and worship in guru maraji temple there is a branch in ado ekiti there is no need to pay tithe,offering and others
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
mfm adeparusi estate....adehun
regional headquater 5
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by bonetalk(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
Which street will u be residing in Ado-Ekiti? If ur intending street would not be too far to Federal Polytechnic ado-Ekiti, i recommend C.A.C Victorious Assembly Annex, Polytechnic campus for you, this is where i gave my life to Christ.
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by shawn80: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
u don't need any 1 4 now just relax n go 2 mr akinyodes house
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by ayomidefalaye(m): 6:06am On Mar 19, 2013
What the name of ur church b4 and froM where u are coming from and which area are locating to in ado.please answer. ur request prove that u are not serious at all
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by ehispapa(m): 7:27am On Mar 19, 2013
Sweetapple007: The only good church i can suggest to u is catholic,but is like u re a pentecostal so do as u wish.

Haba! why should you say the only good church. so others are bad and only catholic is good? May God forgive you for this judgement you just pass. SMH
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Ovap: 7:29am On Mar 19, 2013
Go to C.A.C Ogba Alafia or C.A.C Oke-Alafia.. You ll enjoy their youth programs n church services. All d best
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2013
if u will be staying anywhere near adebayo or opopogboro, i would want you to try out Grace covenant centre, located behind mojere market in opopogboro, the road beside the old rosebod pry school leads there; i bet you wont regret ever coming there.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by Akell(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2013
My Brother, if you truly need a church where offering aint imposed on you, where the music is as sound as that obtained in heaven, where the spirituality is well grounded, where members are treated equall despite your rank or file, then i would without fail recommend THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH.
It's a church without collection plates. The church believes that your offering should be from a willing heart.

For more info, visit: http://www.apostolicfaith.org/OurFaith.aspx or http://apostolicfaithweca.org/content/our-mission
Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by geekybabe(f): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2013
brownlolly: Try Grace Covenant Church, Opopogbooro road, just beside Mojere Market. Most of the University staff attend the church. I have attended their services and annual conventions several times and it is always a wonderful experience.

@op..dis is very true. Grace covenant church is one of the best u can have in ado..especially if u are staying along adebayo road. Been in ado all my life and I can tell u, dat church is a wow. Most of the members are staffs of the university..including the pastors. Its along opopogboro road behind mojere market. Very close to afolabi hospital
D service is on sundays..9.30am.
Wish u d very best

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Church For Me In Ado-Ekiti by emmayoc: 10:37am On Mar 19, 2013
Mr man if u are jobless don't come here to announce it. What nonsense are u posting, people shld advice u on church to attend! Okoko! If u like go and worship wit queen of the coast in the sea since u can't recognize a bible believing church as old as u are. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before You Criticise That Pastor / Get Whatever You Want From Him Or Her By Spiritual Power / Our Daily Manna For 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.