Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (66908 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
hornipipe: hahahah grin
Prevention is better than cure, I'm preventing a high BP grin
and I'm getting an electronic heart grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
onatisi:
well on a positive note i think this result is good in the sense that it will make keshi and the boys realize that despite being the winner of the nations cup no African team respects them so they just have to up their game and play with all their hearts and keshi should realize that deep down withing nfa officials hearts they want keshi to fail so as to sack him

Absolutely, the team needs to take the remaining matches seriously.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Kaxmytex(m): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
Evestar200: Warri city stadium on point as 4rm next wk
dnt tell me say u wan go dere dey do football training o
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
CFCfan:
Nigeria currently tops the group with 5 points, same as 2nd placed Malawi. But we are ahead by virtue of superior goals scored; the goal diff between us and Malawi is the same.

Nigeria has to win the group to move into the play-off round. At the play-off round, Nigeria would be drawn with another group winner in a 2 legged tie. The winner of that tie qualifies for the world cup.

We shouldn't even be on the same points with teams like: Kenya, Malawi, And Namibia... it just seems we always like to leave everything to the last minute smh...

I hope we get our acts together and smash these bums in the remaining games... I wanna see naija at the next world cup!!

I hope we get Cameroon in the play-offs, their team is rubbish... grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by lordjay: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
naija no try at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Evestar200(f): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
African athletics youth championship on point
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
biolabee:

Bros... in that group there is no playoff
Winners takes all

In Europe the best 8 group runner up is determined by totally subtracting its (the '2nd' placed team) against the bottom tea. For instance, if England finishes 2nd in their own group, their 6 points garnered against San Marino will be totally disregarded. This system guarantees fairness to Spain's group, which only has 5 teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Kaxmytex(m): 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Theloveth(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
ItsModella: but the super eagles did not try, a whole champion, equalizing in the last minute with Kenya...

what were they thinking of? 2face's wedding?
Champions head dey swell sometimes o even Spain drew Finland.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
shymexx:

We shouldn't even be on the same points with teams like: Kenya, Malawi, And Namibia... it just seems we always like to leave everything to the last minute smh...

I hope we get our acts together and smash these bums in the remaining games... I wanna see naija at the next world cup!!

I hope we get Cameroon in the play-offs, their team is rubbish... grin

Cameroon will be very tough o. The rivalry between the 2 countries is so intense.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Evestar200(f): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Kaxmytex:
dnt tell me say u wan go dere dey do football training o
haba, i don big pas dat level na,,,am waiting for african athletics youth championship
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Goke7: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Seriously Keshi and the entire coaching crew need to take the next available flight to Russia and beg Emenike, he's too important to this team, we need very hungry players like Oduamadi for Super Eagles, sentiments aside players like Martins should retire, Osaze should kept out too. This system of Keshi, bringing in new and hungry players should be sustained cos that's how we won the Nations Cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by vision2050: 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
no african champion have won a competitive match after won the trophy. Kudos to the boys even the world champion are hold to a draw. Kenyaan will feel disappointed than us
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Theloveth: Champions head dey swell sometimes o even Spain drew Finland.

Spain and Nigeria played the same way - lack of urgency in the 1st half. It was in the 2nd half that both teams upped the tempo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Goke7: Seriously Keshi and the entire coaching crew need to take the next available flight to Russia and beg Emenike, he's too important to this team, we need very hungry players like Oduamadi for Super Eagles, sentiments aside players like Martins should retire, Osaze should kept out too. This system of Keshi, bringing in new and hungry players should be sustained cos that's how we won the Nations Cup.

Emenike is recovering from an injury.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
ItsModella:
and I'm getting an electronic heart grin grin
hahahahah grin grin
How does that one work? grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Gbenge77(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Enthralling,nerve jangling,and an extremely difficult match for Nigeria,considering the tactical acumen,and superb Kenyan organisation.The Kenyans were under the crush for much of the 2nd half,but they weathered the storm well looking to catch Nigeria on the break.Nigerias tenacity did pay off in due course though.Second base!
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
CFCfan:

Cameroon will be very tough o. The rivalry between the 2 countries is so intense.

I watched the first half of their game against Togo today and we should smash them both home and away, trust me...

We just need to play in a better stadium than today's college stadium, for our boys to play well... What happened to the Abuja stadium, anyway
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
Goke7: Seriously Keshi and the entire coaching crew need to take the next available flight to Russia and beg Emenike, he's too important to this team, we need very hungry players like Oduamadi for Super Eagles, sentiments aside players like Martins should retire, Osaze should kept out too. This system of Keshi, bringing in new and hungry players should be sustained cos that's how we won the Nations Cup.

Martins was just not it today. It's clear the newer players show more zeal and passion.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by onatisi(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2013
why should they beg him?there are hundreds of players that can do the job, keshi just needs to know that he has no time and that the jamboree is over.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by bhfroyale(f): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
hornipipe: hahahahah grin grin
It doesn't feel pressure, I guess. No risk of heart attack...guaranteed. I also heard that it has a 5 year warranty.

Ask xynerise for more info, he's the one who told me about it grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by RedLight1: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
hornipipe: hahahahah grin grin
na small microchip now... They go just replace it with the heart... Na rechargable tiger battery e dey use... But if nepa carry light for 1week .. Na oyo u dey o grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Goke7: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
CFCfan:

Emenike is recovering from an injury.

But apart from the injury, the guy is hurting, he need to be appeased very fast before another Osaze Saga starts, just a visit by the technical crew will heal all the hurts on time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
Breaking news: Jordi Alba has been ruled out of Spain's match against France on Tuesday. He is down with a hamstring injury.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by biolabee(m): 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
shymexx:

Wow!! I think the French team will beat them or get a draw...

That French team is young, athletic, promising, and energetic - they should win the group...

90 mins brah.. 90 mins..

even if france win, theare are still 3 more games.. anything can happen in footie

CFCfan:

In Europe the best 8 group runner up is determined by totally subtracting its (the '2nd' placed team) against the bottom tea. For instance, if England finishes 2nd in their own group, their 6 points garnered against San Marino will be totally disregarded. This system guarantees fairness to Spain's group, which only has 5 teams.

brah,,, my bad.. you are right!
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
shymexx:

I watched the first half of their game against Togo today and we should smash them both home and away, trust me...

We just need to play in a better stadium than today's college stadium, for our boys to play well... What happened to the Abuja stadium, anyway

The Abuja stadium is undergoing re-grassing and general renovation. The Sports Ministry says that the re-grassing will be completed by June. So, I guess Naija's next home matches will be played there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Theloveth(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
onatisi: we still need a prolific goal scorer with lots of experience like osaze in this team
Nope i say we need a bully striker like Emenike to combat dis ugly looking African defenders.Wateva happened to Ekigho Ehiosun
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Oahray: 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
ItsModella:
It doesn't feel pressure, I guess. No risk of heart attack...guaranteed. I also heard that it has a 5 year warranty.

Ask xynerise for more info, he's the one who told me about it grin grin
if you use fake battery, or you no get extra when the current one fully discharges, na you come sabi o grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by mosquitoNet(m): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hakuna Matata, Up Eagles!
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Oahray: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Evestar200: no bt na d version of woman angel gabriel b this
Oh... Gabriela, the woman in my area with two left legs and a macsuline voice. You for quick talk since na grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
biolabee:

90 mins brah.. 90 mins..

even if france win, theare are still 3 more games.. anything can happen in footie

True. But France will be FIVE points ahead of Spain if they (France) win on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see the French strategy on Tuesday; will they opt for 7 men behind the ball (ala Finland) or will they go for a measured attacking game.
French defender, Varane might out-leap Pique at a corner kick once again grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

Divorce: Emmanuel Eboue Is Broke, Suicide On His Mind As He Loses Everything / I Tried To Withdraw My Money From Bet9ja And This Happened! / Shahdon Winchester Dies In Accident With His Girlfriend In Trinidad & Tobago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.