Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (589515 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2013
Huzzie: Good morning peeps, i doubt if the CDHC is on strike in nigeria, I ws at my agency ystday, they were about going to pick some medical instructions from VFS though i dont know what month they submtted, i guess this should ease the tension in the house for awaitees.
Is bank reference letter important or an added advantage?
Bank reference is an added advantage...it shows more credence to your statement of acct.If u can lay your hands on it,include it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Numerouuuno: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Siga: ....The GTB bank card worked for someone on NL ...he is actually using the card here sef....withdraws from ATM with and all.....so, try it...
u have a mail sire
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
Shadams:

I doubt very strongly if the so-called strike affects the CDHC in Lagos. My friend, who applied for a Visitor's permit in May, has been called this week for his results. Let's stay calm friends. Hope maketh not ashamed!

Hi, please I'll like to know how long CDHC used in processing your friend's visitor's visa, that is when did he submit and when was he called to come for his passport and did he use an invite or hotel reservation?. Thanks in advance and I hope he gets a postive result! Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Hi, please I'll like to know how long CDHC used in processing your friend's visitor's visa, that is when did he submit and when was he called to come for his passport and did he use an invite or hotel reservation?. Thanks in advance and I hope he gets a postive result! Cheers

He submitted on the 15th of May, and a call was put through to him from a friend in VFS on Thursday, 27th that a decision on his application had been reached in the previous week. He used an invite. Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oln: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
^Did your friend make use of an agent?
@Iamteekaygal:Can we get to chat.My hubby and I are also about submitting our application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
Shadams:

He submitted on the 15th of May, and a call was put through to him from a friend in VFS on Thursday, 27th that a decision on his application had been reached in the previous week. He used an invite. Best of luck!

Ok, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln: ^Did your friend make use of an agent?
@Iamteekaygal:Can we get to chat.My hubby and I are also about submitting our application

Hi, when are you applying? We are planning to apply b4 the end of july God willing.if you can check for koolmd's reply to my question few pages back, he mentioned almost everything needed to submit the application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oln: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2013
Oh ok!!!I'v just read it.We plan on submitting at the end of August.My only worry right now is that my passport is virgin though in the previous post I was told it really doesn't matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln: Oh ok!!!I'v just read it.We plan on submitting at the end of August.My only worry right now is that my passport is virgin though in the previous post I was told it really doesn't matter

Ok, I don't have travelling experience as well, but my hubby is a frequent traveller to the UK. Aldou, the 3 of us were given 1month france visa in feb. (My son was given 3 months). We didn't make use of it because of an emergency. So, we are almost in the same shoes o! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oln: 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
You are funny.I guess at least having a stamp on it isn't a bad idea.My hubby has visited quite a few US,UK,South Africa,China....but mine is sooo new.Infact,I just got it.I pray we all will be favoured irrespective.Was thinking of going through a valid agent like Maple.....but yet to decide.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln: You are funny.I guess at least having a stamp on it isn't a bad idea.My hubby has visited quite a few US,UK,South Africa,China....but mine is sooo new.Infact,I just got it.I pray we all will be favoured irrespective.Was thinking of going through a valid agent like Maple.....but yet to decide.

Pls don't use agent! They wud just eat your money. (Even thou u wud get the visa) login to cic.gc.ca and apply yourself online. It cost just $400 for visa for a family no matter the amount (maximum allowance being family of 6) but at the same time it's just my opinion sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2013
efosa12345: Plz anybody in the house already studying in Lanbton College Sarnia?
Were u offered admision to d school, if yes wat course and study level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamteekaygal(f): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln: You are funny.I guess at least having a stamp on it isn't a bad idea.My hubby has visited quite a few US,UK,South Africa,China....but mine is sooo new.Infact,I just got it.I pray we all will be favoured irrespective.Was thinking of going through a valid agent like Maple.....but yet to decide.

Wow, your husband has really travelled a lot o! And that should be a bonus for you. And by the grace of God you would be issued the visa. I'm not really sure of the agent thing. But I believe is best to apply by oneself, with the guideline from this forum you won't go wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oln: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
2-chains:

Pls don't use agent! They wud just eat your money. (Even thou u wud get the visa) login to cic.gc.ca and apply yourself online. It cost just $400 for visa for a family no matter the amount (maximum allowance being family of 6) but at the same time it's just my opinion sha.

My major problem is that I really don't know the steps to take.I just feel they'l know exactly what steps to take that's why I'm really thinking about using them.When you say apply online do you mean after that you don't need to send a hardcopy?Infact,there are soo many questions to be asked.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by oln: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Wow, your husband has really travelled a lot o! And that should be a bonus for you. And by the grace of God you would be issued the visa. I'm not really sure of the agent thing. But I believe is best to apply by oneself, with the guideline from this forum you won't go wrong.

Yes he has.I'v really not been opportuned to travel with him all these while.My leave doesn't fall within his own spare time.But this time around we are trying to plan it for same time.Wishing you all the best too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln:

My major problem is that I really don't know the steps to take.I just feel they'l know exactly what steps to take that's why I'm really thinking about using them.When you say apply online do you mean after that you don't need to send a hardcopy?Infact,there are soo many questions to be asked.
If u should take time and through the thread,u will learn a lot and won't dare consider using agents at all.NL ia the best agent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2013
I think I need a dose of "Chill Pill"

We (Nigeria) Lost 3-0 to Spain recently and I noticed one of my staff watching and re-watching the match over and over again. I felt sorry for him coz in his eyes, I could see that he was always hoping that somehow the match would turn out in our favour in one of his subsequent viewings!

Then...

... I entered my office and could feel my computer mocking me.... my mind playing tricks on me.... I hear a voice saying "Track again, track again" and I tell myself, "but you just tracked less than 5 minutes ago!" then the voice says "maybe they updated your status just after you tracked"

.....after the national assembly in me goes through a heated debate, I concede saying "No harm in tracking again, since you're online".... and then I track (sometimes it feels like the keyboard enters the tracking code itself as I can almost do it now with eyes closed) ....it's still blah blah blah.

My mind is playing tricks on me. Please, Pass me the chill pill! whateva it is!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
galala123: I think I need a dose of "Chill Pill"

We (Nigeria) Lost 3-0 to Spain recently and I noticed one of my staff watching and re-watching the match over and over again. I felt sorry for him coz in his eyes, I could see that he was always hoping that somehow the match would turn out in our favour in one of his subsequent viewings!

Then...

... I entered my office and could feel my computer mocking me.... my mind playing tricks on me.... I hear a voice saying "Track again, track again" and I tell myself, "but you just tracked less than 5 minutes ago!" then the voice says "maybe they updated your status just after
you tracked"

.....after the national assembly in me goes through a heated debate, I concede saying "No harm in tracking again, since you're online".... and then I track (sometimes it feels like the keyboard enters the tracking code itself as I can almost do it now with eyes closed) ....it's still blah blah blah.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tebenezer: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2013

Then...

... I entered my office and could feel my computer mocking me.... my mind playing tricks on me.... I hear a voice saying "Track again, track again" and I tell myself, "but you just tracked less than 5 minutes ago!" then the voice says "maybe they updated your status just after you tracked"

I almost shouted hallelujah...And it shall come to pass that we tha seek in the lord applied for TRV and are granted... Plz takit easy when playing pranks for the sake of us tha needs chill pills... Or cannabis...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
i_am_saheed: @all: plz i have done my meds since 30th of last month o...i neva hear anything, hope all is well....oga Siga "n" phemmy??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 7:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
[quote author=i_am_saheed][/quote]

lol.. Shey bro phemmy and siga dey work for cdhc? Anyway, take a chill pill bro, i did meds in April, submitted receipt in May. So just relax. What we pray for is a positive out come at the end to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
@i_am_saheed....Don't worry...u will hear from them soon....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
@teezle, I am a prospective student of Lambton college, HRM PG. I have applied for trv already, just want to make findings from current student studying in Lambton
teexzle:
Were u offered admision to d school, if yes wat course and study level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2013

Then...

Looooooooooolzz...bros beware, na Canabis dey set person for dat kind mode ....lmao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
Your chill pill dose should take you all till at least July 2, coz july 1 is public holiday (Canada day).

I dont think we will get any feedback from CDHC on Monday. Leaving us with hopefully 4 loaded days next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln:

Please use an agent if you are not convinced you will do a good job, it is better than wishing otherwise later on.
Caveat: Use the reputable ones, cos you will be surprised you know better than some of them #personalExperience
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
efosa12345: @teezle, I am a prospective student of Lambton college, HRM PG. I have applied for trv already, just want to make findings from current student studying in Lambton
xup bro...did u go d online route or paper route....wen did u submit?..did u include ur tuition reciept wit ur visa app? Nd ar u a fall(sept) or winter(jan) applicant?..planing 2 submit ma visa app soon(ITPP_Lambton)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
efosa12345: @teezle, I am a prospective student of Lambton college, HRM PG. I have applied for trv already, just want to make findings from current student studying in Lambton
Ok, is ur course a jan start date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2013
teexzle:
Ok, is ur course a jan start date

He is very much with us (Fall 2013). Submitted June 13
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
oln: ^Did your friend make use of an agent?

He didn't use an agent. You can do these things yourself, really. Best of luck with your application.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.