Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,458 members, 7,958,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (603672 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2013
Siga: [size=14pt]HAPPY CANADA DAY....GOD BLESS CANADA....HAPPY TO BE A CANADIAN....GOD WILL DO IT FOR ALL OF UNA OOOOO...[/size]

me too want to becoming canada citisenship .God bless canada ati nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
adewaleafolabi:

Amen o. In between how long on the average does it take to become a permanent resident or a citizen in Canada? Does one have to stay for a continuous period or one can leave and come back? Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm applying to a Canadian university for my masters. My problem is that all my documents carry my median name even though I'm married.the same goes for my Intl passport. My question is this: do I need to renew my passport to reflect my husband's name or should I leave the way it is. In essence will this affect my chances of getting a Canadian visa seeing I'm married but my passport bear my median name? I intend taking my child along with me too. Is this allowed? Again, in terms of sponsorship, I am sponsoring myself. I have saved some money in my dorm acct as well as a landed property belonging to me. Will this do for sponsorship? I also have a brother in Europe that will help in sponsorship (he has a permanent resident permit). Does Canadian embassy allow for dual sponsorship (that is myself and my brother)?

Please help fast. I'm getting confused. I need very helpful answer I can get. Every useful input will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!! Waiting for your replies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
yea, it's advisable you make a new one that indicate the name you bear and the name on your admission letter, because if you wanna use the former passport, you might be needed to provide a proof marriage, i.e, a marriage certificate, but renewing is adviasable because you will still have a fresh 5years lapse for it to expire, so go for a new one, but your decision matters on it.

On the case of dual sponsorship, it is accepted, what you need to do is to show that your bro in Europe is comitted to sponsoring you as a co-sponsor,hope I have thrown a light on your question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chatters: Hi everyone,
I'm applying to a Canadian university for my masters. My problem is that all my documents carry my median name even though I'm married.the same goes for my Intl passport. My question is this: do I need to renew my passport to reflect my husband's name or should I leave the way it is. In essence will this affect my chances of getting a Canadian visa seeing I'm married but my passport bear my median name? I intend taking my child along with me too. Is this allowed? Again, in terms of sponsorship, I am sponsoring myself. I have saved some money in my dorm acct as well as a landed property belonging to me. Will this do for sponsorship? I also have a brother in Europe that will help in sponsorship (he has a permanent resident permit). Does Canadian embassy allow for dual sponsorship (that is myself and my brother)?

Please help fast. I'm getting confused. I need very helpful answer I can get. Every useful input will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!! Waiting for your replies.
...U need to be more elaborate bro/sis....

1. How much do u have saved up?

2. How much is your tuition and board?

3. How much longer do u have on ur passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
galala123: LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (Fall 2013)

1) accra2005: April 2
2) Kunle-akogun: April 4
3) efewhoa: April 18
4) Ceo mr cash: April 25
5) dommakavelli: May 2
6) luckydon: May 2
7) nuendo: May 2
8 ) bumfem: May 6
9) Shadams: may 6
10) galala123: May 7
11) kjbobo: May 7
12) azeezwl: May 8
13) Pwunmi: May 10
14) shayi12: May 15
15) ayaba21: May 19
16) Imadebaby: Please advise again!!!
17) vooz : May 23
18) tebenezer80: May 28
19) freshdude: May 30
20) adewaleafolabi: May 30
21) ancient1: June 4
22) Aduke02: June 8
23) earthgreeners: June 11
24) efosa12345: June 13
25) smile13: June 21
25) addey101: June 28

Wowww, wat a list of medical hopefuls! We shall all get positive result soonest IJN== pls add me 2 d list submitted May 27th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2013

15) ayaba21: May 19
18) tebenezer80: May 28
19) freshdude: May 30
20) adewaleafolabi: May 30
21) ancient1: June 4
22) Aduke02: June 8
23) earthgreeners: June 11
24) efosa12345: June 13
25) smile13: June 21
25) addey101: June 28

Wowww, wat a list of medical hopefuls! We shall all get positive result soonest
IJN== pls add me 2 d list submitted May 27th
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2013

15) ayaba21: May 19 (ONLINE)
18) jimmyjerry07: May 27
19) tebenezer80: May 28
20) freshdude: May 30
21) adewaleafolabi: May 30
22) ancient1: June 4
23) Aduke02: June 8
24) earthgreeners: June 11
25) efosa12345: June 13
26) smile13: June 21
27) addey101: June 28
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
i have written my name more than 10x to be added on the list..abeg bros add me sef join..cheers
submitted may 15 pg lambton

14) Imadebaby: Please advise again!!!
15) vooz : May 23
16) tebenezer80: May 28
17) freshdude: May 30
18) ancient1: June 4
19) Aduke02: June 8
20) earthgreeners: June 11
21) efosa12345: June 13
22) smile13: June 21
23) addey101: June 28
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by shayi12: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
huzzie pls which agency did you use?

Huzzie: Good morning peeps, i doubt if the CDHC is on strike in nigeria, I ws at my agency ystday, they were about going to pick some medical instructions from VFS though i dont know what month they submtted, i guess this should ease the tension in the house for awaitees.
Is bank reference letter important or an added advantage?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
shayi12: i have written my name more than 10x to be added on the list..abeg bros add me sef join..cheers
submitted may 15 pg lambton

bros, Cool down cool . Your name has been on the list. seems you keep looking at the old list.

You are No. 14 on the most current list. Refresh. I hope you are not high on overdose of "chill pill" grin. Your name come nearly sound like "shayo" sef grin (Just kidding)

We are now on page 148 of part 4.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
shayi12: huzzie pls which agency did you use?

There is no agency that is more competent, reliable and free like nairaland, instead of u enriching the so called agents and at the same time got duped or denied visa in the process, I will recommend u to stick to nairaland because it is the best agency so far.

My advice to all nairaland members, please stick to nairaland.

Happy new month to u all.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
nicemax:

There is no agency that is more competent, reliable and free like nairaland, instead of u enriching the so called agents and at the same time got duped or denied visa in the process, I will recommend u to stick to nairaland because it is the best agency so far.

My advice to all nairaland members, please stick to nairaland.

Happy new month to u all.
...While I agree with your point....I love to point out that using an agent is a choice....whoever feels comfortable using an agent should do so....we are all matured minds....dont discourage anyone....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
jimmyjerry07: .

Wowww, wat a list of medical hopefuls! We shall all get positive result soonest
IJN== pls add me 2 d list submitted May 27th
U OF M ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebsman1(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hello peeps, gr8 work u av bin doin here. Pls can somebody (maybe probably have undergone or presently undergoing) help me with how to get a pre-masters or post graduate diploma course in canada, as it seems many of the canadian universities don't usually considers 2.2. Thanks House. smiley smiley............still urgently waiting for a reply pls.........somebody help a brother in need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2013
azeezwl: yea, it's advisable you make a new one that indicate the name you bear and the name on your admission letter, because if you wanna use the former passport, you might be needed to provide a proof marriage, i.e, a marriage certificate, but renewing is adviasable because you will still have a fresh 5years lapse for it to expire, so go for a new one, but your decision matters on it.

On the case of dual sponsorship, it is accepted, what you need to do is to show that your bro in Europe is comitted to sponsoring you as a co-sponsor,hope I have thrown a light on your question?

Thanks for the input azeezwl. Actually my admission letter bears my median name since the school I applied to insisted on having the same name on all my documents. I was wondering if maybe the embassy will doubt my kids are really mine should I want them to join me seeing they obviously answer my hubby's name.

About the co sponsorship, how else will my brother show commitment aside giving me his bank statement to show the embassy?
thanks for your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:20pm On Jul 01, 2013
Siga: ...U need to be more elaborate bro/sis....

1. How much do u have saved up?

2. How much is your tuition and board?

3. How much longer do u have on ur passport?

I have about 800k in solid cash. Add the landed property and that would be around 1.8M.

Tuition and board is $12000 then add other miscellaneous expenses and that would add up to $18k. But the graduate department has guaranteed to take care of the costs of the program. So I wonder if this will present any problem for the embassy.

About my passport, it will expire in a few months. So I know I will get a new one.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chatters:

I have about 800k in solid cash. Add the landed property and that would be around 1.8M.

Tuition and board is $12000 then add other miscellaneous expenses and that would add up to $18k. But the graduate department has guaranteed to take care of the costs of the program. So I wonder if this will present any problem for the embassy.

Thanks
...Since your program is covered by the department...that makes it even better....u have no reason to stress...just ensure the letter of acceptance u get from the school CLEARLY states all u just said...that they will cover all cost....

As per your passport....if u have way more than 6months to a yr from the day u are applying u are fine....u can submit ur kids birth certificate to show they are ur kids coupled with ur marriage certificate....if they doubt u ...they may request a DNA test which is not likely by the way....but u have to explain how u wish to care for ur kids while u are at school....cos u need to show taking care of ur kids wont hinder ur studies....most people have their spouse accompany them...and he/she will be given a work permit to help out....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Chatters(f): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
Siga: ...Since your program is covered by the department...that makes it even better....u have no reason to stress...just ensure the letter of acceptance u get from the school CLEARLY states all u just said...that they will cover all cost....

As per your passport....if u have way more than 6months to a yr from the day u are applying u are fine....u can submit ur kids birth certificate to show they are ur kids coupled with ur marriage certificate....if they doubt u ...they may request a DNA test which is not likely by the way....but u have to explain how u wish to care for ur kids while u are at school....cos u need to show taking care of ur kids wont hinder ur studies....most people have their spouse accompany them...and he/she will be given a work permit to help out....

Is it really easy to get my spouse to accompany me? What if I go alone initially to test the waters and in maybe a few months request for my kids and spouse to join me? Will it be possible? How?
Thanks again for your help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2013
Chatters:

Is it really easy to get my spouse to accompany me? What if I go alone initially to test the waters and in maybe a few months request for my kids and spouse to join me? Will it be possible? How?
Thanks again for your help.
....That would be the best scenario...I will advise u to do that actually and it serves as serious home ties as well....they can come visit after few months to a year if ur spouse as a good job and money to show.....remember u would still be a student and u cant sponsor anyone to come....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hello Guys, I'll be going for an undergraduate course in January. I'm a Photographer and I was wondering if I could work on the side as one when I get to canada. Something like doing event photography jst to raise extra funds.
Thanks in advance for your contribution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:09am On Jul 02, 2013
Meyson: Hello Guys, I'll be going for an undergraduate course in January. I'm a Photographer and I was wondering if I could work on the side as one when I get to canada. Something like doing event photography jst to raise extra funds.
....Photography gigs are word of mouth here bro...tonnes of guys doing it....the best way to enter the market is to either join church or mosque or an association and market yourself....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 02, 2013
Siga: ....Photography gigs are word of mouth here bro...tonnes of guys doing it....the best way to enter the market is to either join church or mosque or an association and market yourself....

Thanks a lot Siga! God bless u boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 1:25am On Jul 02, 2013
Meyson: Hello Guys, I'll be going for an undergraduate course in January. I'm a Photographer and I was wondering if I could work on the side as one when I get to canada. Something like doing event photography jst to raise extra funds.
Na wa oo..u dey naija and u dey post 4 NL @ 11;58pm..go sleep joo..I knw its only Siga that can respond at ds tym..lol #canada Dreams..happy canada day to me..am proud to b a prospective canadian
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:56am On Jul 02, 2013
teexzle:
Na wa oo..u dey naija and u dey post 4 NL @ 11;58pm..go sleep joo..I knw its only Siga that can respond at ds tym..lol #canada Dreams..happy canada day to me..am proud to b a prospective canadian
I wo omo yi....hmmm....ti nba mu e....ok...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 02, 2013
teexzle:

LOOOOOL! Na Oga Siga answer I dey find na LOL. Abeg make I they think about my Canada everyday. Naija don tire me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Smile4mee01: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2013
Amazing thread...

Pls I need info abt a few things.I need details abt applying for a family visa to canada from nigeria. I wld appreciate details abt the cost and duration. Additional info wld be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 6:29am On Jul 02, 2013
Meyson: : Hello Guys, I'll be going for an undergraduate course in January. I'm a Photographer and I was wondering if I could work on the side as one when I get to canada. Something like doing event photography jst to raise extra funds.
Siga: ....Photography gigs are word of mouth here bro...tonnes of guys doing it....the best way to enter the market is to either join church or mosque or an association and market yourself....
Confirmed advice by Siga. You could also join as many campus associations as your time would permit. You need a network to grow your trade. Chai, I get one Indian boy wey sabi that thing well well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by rilly2000: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2013
Hey fellas in the house, please, i'm thinking of making my application tomorrow, but i'm not based in lagos, so i need the exact address where i will submit my application, and i need advise which will be preferable between the online application and submition by hand! Please, i need a quick reply because i will be leaving for lagos this afternoon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2013
The address is 16 billings way, Oregun, Ikeja. Lagos..
if u r applyin 4 fall, use the online route. if u r applyin 4 winter, use either paper or online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2013
In other news, ASUU and ASUP on strike.. Naija !, which levels?

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.