Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (590564 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:23am On Jul 03, 2013
I tire o. In my case , my program has just a single admission period window -September. Miss it ,wait till next year September.

There's an exemption exam am supposed to write on September 3rd at ubc and this is July a beg o cdhc.

Now self don't want to even start thinking of alternatives forgone and though decisions made.

This study permit doesn't have a choice, they must give us without delay.

I dey go clinic today make I check my BP. I suggest folks do the same o.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2013
Dee_man:
Yeah one way Ticket on Ethiopian Air Cost 245,000naira which is the cheapest so far and you can book online yourself no need for an agent.
Turkish airline is also cheap and you can apply online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by udehraphael: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Goodday fellas,,please i would like to school in canada for my masters in oil and gas,,please can anyone give me a list of good universities offering that in canada,,please what is d probability of getting a job in canada wen am done with my masters in oil and gas?thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2013
udehraphael: Goodday fellas,,please i would like to school in canada for my masters in oil and gas,,please can anyone give me a list of good universities offering that in canada,,please what is d probability of getting a job in canada wen am done with my masters in oil and gas?thanks

Pls be specific...Oil and gas what or just Oil and Gas

I can't remember knowing any course called "Oil and Gas"...

Also, your question seems broad and might not give you the answer you wish...I'll advise you 1st make a research on the internet about the schools offering the course, and then come up with more precise questions and you'll always get a gud answer in here.

Lastly, by God's grace,you can get a gud job after your studies...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Deeman1(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2013
bashtec9: Turkish airline is also cheap and you can apply online.
Turkish Airline is Cheap yes! one way ticket costs 285,000 naira, as against 245,000naira Ethiopean air offers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2013
Hello guy!! How soon can one who had been rejected for a visitng visa, reapply for another visitng visa? Pls it's urgent. Need to get back to the fellow pronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2013
2-chains:
Hello guy!! How soon can one who had been rejected for a visitng visa, reapply for another visitng visa? Pls it's urgent. Need to get back to the fellow pronto
ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2013
ayaba21: Dear All
I got a mail in my CIC box today and i was refused. All in all I thank God and will not be applying again. My deal with God was- i will apply only once and if i am to go they will give me and my family at once. I was refused based on the following grounds,

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Your travel history
Purpose of visit
Your current employment situation

I have travelled to the UK about 7 times, the US twice, Netherlands, Kenya, Dubai and have a valid US visa on my passport which will expire early 2015. i have not stayed in any country beyond 12 days. All my kids and husband have also travelled to the UK and US at least twice each, not staying beyond 12days. (my three kids are under 5years. i and my husband both have very good paying jobs. and he was to start his Ph.D in 2014.

Anyways, long story, bottom line- we were refused.
We had about 5million cash in our combined account, school fees had been paid, about 3 houses and 4 landed property on the island etc and we scanned all the documents, my pay slips - abt 500+ net monthly etc.

I will however like to encourage everyone still waiting that your prayer at all times should be let Gods will be done, if Naija is where you will live ur success, no matter how bad the country is, you will make it and if Canada is where your success lies, then may the Lord lead you there. Amen.
I remain in Naija to welcome all those you will be coming on holidays after your September 2013 and January 2014 resumption

With all that travel history, they still listed travel history as one of the reasons why they feel she would not leave canada at the end of her stay? If she won run , dem no know say she for don disappear for yankee or uk since. You have a solid travel history my dear. It looks like these people are just taking the piss...With all that landed property on the island?,(did you add a valuation?) and they can still refuse for the reasons stated.... e be like say this people dey take us play or maybe they just want her to repackage and reapply, who knows. In other news, somebody pass me the chillpill ojare, make i knock myself out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2013
earthgreeners: ASAP

Sure boy u get mouth.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by austinecole: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Siga: ...Just need to advise my family here....when CDHC tells u to pay tuition and board....ur processing stops....so...dont count the days it takes u to pay ur tuition as part of the processing time....the priocessing time starts counting again from the day they get ur receipts....so...my people...do una maths correct oooo
@Siga pls, is police certificate compulsory when re applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumfem: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2013
@ayaba12...I think the VO might think u wanted to stampede them with those overwhelming app supports. Passport that carries visa to places that matter on the globe. 4 landed property on the island, payslip of over 500k + your hubbie awesome take home, why going to canada with family leaving all these fortune to uncertainty in the cold. D VO, to me was a smart one.
I am deeply sorry for this refusal but u do not need present too overwhelming financial support as this may end up working against ur case.
My two cent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
I marvel seriously at those saying ayaba should have applied alone. If before the response of the embassy, she has presented her documents in this house, this same pple condenming her choice to apply with her family would have said "your application is tight, U ve got no problems". But now she's denied, everyone starts saying she should av applied alone. Nawa o.

As much as we all know, her application is tight... Though applications have flaws. But with her travel history and reasons for denial, it shows that it is possible that these pple called CDHC sometimes choose at random, applications to be denied and applications to be approved without checking through thoroughly. If travel history is part of what they look at, then how do we explain someone with no travel history that get visas?

I also perceive that the reasons given for refusal may be automated because, no VO in his/her right mind will say travel history is one of the grounds for her refusal.

Moral lesson: your documents quality is not a ticket for visa, only when God says yes

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2013
My opinion is that, we should stop helping the VO think. How can you know what the VO decided or wud ave preferred? That's a person on his/her own.
Just they pray anytime you apply for visa Bcuz nah God still dey do am. Example, some people on this forum say you shouldn't use a company account that they wudnt agree. In fact an agency even told me the same when I went for enquiries. But today by the grace of God I ave done my medical about 3weeks ago and yes I did use a company account. My friend is in Canada and he use a company account. So lets just try to apply with what's necessary and available and leave the rest to God.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nicemax: 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
deebla: I marvel seriously at those saying ayaba should have applied alone. If before the response of the embassy, she has presented her documents in this house, this same pple condenming her choice to apply with her family would have said "your application is tight, U ve got no problems". But now she's denied, everyone starts saying she should av applied alone. Nawa o.

As much as we all know, her application is tight... Though applications have flaws. But with her travel history and reasons for denial, it shows that it is possible that these pple called CDHC sometimes choose at random, applications to be denied and applications to be approved without checking through thoroughly. If travel history is part of what they look at, then how do we explain someone with no travel history that get visas?

I also perceive that the reasons given for refusal may be automated because, no VO in his/her right mind will say travel history is one of the grounds for her refusal.

Moral lesson: your documents quality is not a ticket for visa, only when God says yes

@ deebla, I want to extol u for the wonderful piece of advice u gave to us, it shows that u have reverence and honour for God. Am engrossed with what u said.
In summary , documents does not guarantee visa, the only person that guarantees visa is God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Deeman1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
deebla: I marvel seriously at those saying ayaba should have applied alone. If before the response of the embassy, she has presented her documents in this house, this same pple condenming her choice to apply with her family would have said "your application is tight, U ve got no problems". But now she's denied, everyone starts saying she should av applied alone. Nawa o.

@Deebla Nigerians always go spiritual on evry little thing, humans are different and react to situations differently so if a VO denies an application its based on his own personal view and not the collective view of the whole VO's in the consulate.

and from the reasons given from his/her view it seems logical she is a student traveling with the whole Family, who would now give funds when needed to take care of the living expenses, tuition of the dependants and the primary applicant, since everyone is in canada and cant work

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
@ayaba12, I kinda agree with bumfem. Your application probably appeared like you just wanna disappear to Canada, especially as you applied with your family. Someone on this thread had a similar case. Was it galala or so; not sure. Had very good travel history, running his own coy with plenty of money, had an MBA already and wanted to go for some PG course. He was denied.

Your course of choice could also be an issue; especially if it doesn't show a significant progression in your career or justify the huge expense of studying that course.

I'd suggest you try to apply again. This time, leave out your family, three children and a spouse serve as excellent home ties.(could be tough but I hear its pretty easy to arrange for them to join you later). I don't know how you handled your job part, but if possible, do not resign. Let the coy write that you are still in their employ and only away on study leave.

Wish you the best. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by khemthar: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yeah sure... God is the only guarantee for a visa. That's given. But there are also processes. And policies. Do a clean job on your application; and then allow God's favour do the rest for you. So maybe indeed, the refusal was God's way of telling her to stay back here.

It doesn't hurt to point out the "seeming" errors in the application though- it could be useful for other people who are in similar situation.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
dosunmu matilda: God does answers prayers,I got my medical call today via e-mail this MOrning ,I reapplied 13th April to God be d glory

Congrats. Am really api for you...o ya, dance Awilo.

You applied 13th april? Dat was saturday? VFS dey work 4 weekend?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Congrats...
dosunmu matilda: God does answers prayers,I got my medical call today via e-mail this MOrning ,I reapplied 13th April to God be d glory
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
2-chains:
My opinion is that, we should stop helping the VO think. How can you know what the VO decided or wud ave preferred? That's a person on his/her own.
Just they pray anytime you apply for visa Bcuz nah God still dey do am. Example, some people on this forum say you shouldn't use a company account that they wudnt agree. In fact an agency even told me the same when I went for enquiries. But today by the grace of God I ave done my medical about 3weeks ago and yes I did use a company account. My friend is in Canada and he use a company account. So lets just try to apply with what's necessary and available and leave the rest to God.
How far, when would this people get back to us after medicals nah. I did my medicals on the 11th. When did u do yours. Am even more worried that when i submitted b4 sef.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by snugle: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hello Pips,

I have been going through the thread for a while now, though the number of pages in previous parts made it difficult to read everyones contribution, but I must say i have learnt a lot.

Thanks for all the meaningful contributions, advise, comments, criticisms and shared stories. I have been offered admission in Cape Breton University for Fall, 2013 (Starting September) but doubt I can make the September opening so plan to meet up with the Winter 2014 admission. Although an application was also made to SAIT which is pending evaluation as the Fall Opening for my choice of program is full for september. I plan to start my Visa application next week and currently in the process of collating my documents for the process. My status is as follows:

1. I am using my brother as a sponsor. With SOA from 2 banks with $25,000 in total from both banks. This is a dom account and not his salary account which i also plan to present as proof that he is still well funded to take care of his family here after paying for fees and board.

2. I also plan to use my dad as a co-sponsor and will provide his Tax clearance, Certificate of incorporation of his company, Landed property and all other relevant documents. He is supporting me with N1.5m which will be transferred to my account this week

3. I lost my Job in November last year in an Oil Servicing Company in PH and havent been working but plan to have my dads company provide an engagement letter backdated to January 2013 as resumption date in his company. In his company documents, my name is in their organogram as a director though his line of business is in no way related to what I studied; intend to study or my career path (Oil and Gas/Petroleum Engineering)

4. I have my personal savings from my previous job at about N2m in my own account and have cashflow of close to N6m in and out from December to present.

5. I have no landed property, but will provide my sponsors (brother) landed property in lekki worth N50m and other assets.

Can their landed properties be used as ties to home country? Any other person going to Cape Breton? I plan to become an active participant and will feed more info as the application progresses.

Once again, its nice being here. Goodluck to all of us!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2013
dotman:
How far, when would this people get back to us after medicals nah. I did my medicals on the 11th. When did u do yours. Am even more worried that when i submitted b4 sef.

My guy nah dis week I dey submit my own passport and school fees receipt oh! I did my meds on d 17th of June so I wuz asked to send my stuff exactly 3weeks after the medical so dat d results wud ave reached dem I guess.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2013
Please where is dt guy sellin chill pill??.....

*shaking*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
i_am_saheed: Please where is dt guy sellin chill pill??.....

*shaking*
You need one? in fact am overdose now. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hey everybody... I submitted my application online . When I check my CIC page today ,I found this : OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification . Anybody want to share any thought about this? I think it is all about off campus work permit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2013
i_am_saheed: Please where is dt guy sellin chill pill??.....

*shaking*

You guys already called for meds still askin for chill pills...I guess those of us still waiting for call-up should ask for large doses of alabukun, valium and other nerve relaxin pills ..LOOOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yes i need o...but i pray its just for today sha...

Have resubmitted my passport after meds since 30th o.....all my body just dey hot sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dosunmumatilda: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
@dommakevill I droped my documents with my agent on the 13th so I start counting from then even if I am sure she submitted d application d next week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
dosunmu matilda: @dommakevill I droped my documents with my agent on the 13th so I start counting from then even if I am sure she submitted d application d next week.

all the same madam, Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
i_am_saheed: Yes i need o...but i pray its just for today sha...

Have resubmitted my passport after meds since 30th o.....all my body just dey hot sha

you should be asking for SLEEPING medicine and not CHILL pills..... abeg go sleep jor, dem don call u for medicals u dey ask for chill pill..... i go vex for u oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
Advice to does who still have much time...learn a skill like painting, simple electrical work, sewing, plumbing etc...my coz said it pays a lot in Canny o....*just sayin*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2013
addey101: Hey everybody... I submitted my application online . When I check my CIC page today ,I found this : OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification . Anybody want to share any thought about this? I think it is all about off campus work permit.

I SUSPECT they are talking of new start date. SUSPECT. Google it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.