Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587331 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
addey101: Good day to my people in the house. Now,I'm back again.... I hope you can all support me to bounce back with a new application. I have some questions though.. In my previous application,they asked what I've been doing since I finished high school and I listed farming ,like I'm self employed but couldn't provide more details about it . Is it advisable to change the employment status to NIL ? Also,I didn't submit my sponsor's company's certificate as a means of funds,I submitted his bank account statement only . Again,d[b]o I have to get his new and latest bank account statement ?? I submitted statement of account from January to June[/b]. Please ,come to my support. God bless us all.

This is how you know a man, a man never accept defeat but instead bounce back and check out what made him fall, learn from it and forge ahead . . . We will be in this with you till we see you in Canada, such a man will make it in a country where there is no Papa nor Mama . . .
Let us treat this one by one, and point by point . . .Farming is good but i think it is too broad, and please do not put NIL cos how do you tell me as a Visa Officer that your brain can still handle much, first of all, how many years are we trying to make up for in this your "what you have been doing"?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
addey101: Since I can't meet my School start date. Can I change it from Fall(September) to Winter ( January ) ??

Make we quick look into this one, yes, you will have to change cos September does not look possible anymore . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kjbobo: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
galala123: A dose of good news in the house please?
We should very soon but d challenge is.....the medical call-ups are becoming erratic not sequential...so its difficult tracing with dates anymore...I have news of May 2nd...about 3 call-ups for May 7th...we saw 15th yesterday and my friend that applied through paper in June(did medicals last year) got TRV yesterday....
Long story short.......We gonna keep tracking till it changes......"Our salvation is nearer than when we first believed"
I dey "stalk" you seriously cos I know we have the same date...lol!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Fhemmmy.. Thank you bro. I finished my high school in 2007 so we are trying to make up for 6 years. Thanks for the support.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Trying to start a new application require a checklist code. Can I start a new eligibility test or I can use the previous checklist code ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
addey101: @Fhemmmy.. Thank you bro. I finished my high school in 2007 so we are trying to make up for 6 years. Thanks for the support.

Ummmmm . . . 6 Years is a lot of years to make up for and there is no company in related field of what you wanna study that could accommodate you for those years as employee with them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Fhemmmy... I don't know if I can find but I will have to ask around. Like I've been working in the company for 6 years ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Fhemmmy... Must it be a registered company ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by galala123(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2013

PS: shey u wan hear goodnews. Isn't this goodnews? Lol. I hope this is a lil chill pile

Dis na expired good news na. We wanna keep them flowing fresh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
addey101: @Fhemmmy... I don't know if I can find but I will have to ask around. Like I've been working in the company for 6 years ??

Does not have to be 6 years, even 3 years is not bad or 2 companies that could do it together, you need something that if they chose to verify, you wont fail so if you cant find, let us look into other areas, and please remind me later in the day to make a call on your case to check how we could work something out . . . Ask all your question and i will have it on my calendar to make some calls for you today, you MUST be in Canada oh.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Fhemmmy... You make me smile.. Thank you bro. I will think things through and will list my questions for you . Thank you so much for the support,I can't thank you and everyone around here enough. This time,it MUST be a good news and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
addey101: @Fhemmmy... You make me smile.. Thank you bro. I will think things through and will list my questions for you . Thank you so much for the support,I can't thank you and everyone around here enough. This time,it MUST be a good news and not the other way round.

Give thanks to God and not me at all, cos i am nobody . . . But together, i am sure we will see you in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by smile13: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Many thanks. Calgary..
Aduke02: Many congratulations!!! I got only the medical instructions myself. Since they didn't ask for any other thing, don't bother urself. If and when they need additional documents, they'll ask for them. Congrats again n where r u headed to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Siga: ...changing school changes the game totally.... u need to understand that schools are to students as host is to visiting visa applicants....that changes the apps....it will require a new app...which might cos confusion and may require a new apps (may not require new apps fee sha)....its a grey area...I wouldnt advise it sha....the best advise I can give now is for him to send a friendly email asking about status or go to the embassy
@Oga siga,
my own case is slightly similar ooo. I found out when it's late that stouffville is a sham college. If you could retrack my story. I've done medic since 2011 but I got medical reference which requires me to treat myself for 18mths. Along the line,I discovered the issue Stouffville college had. ( There are not even reachable at the moment. I remember sending couple of e-mails to 'em) If have have not gotten new admission from Humber,I would have contacted them for new admission letter and it shall be to no avail.

My application with CDHC
My application dox are still with CDHC since then; and honestly, I want to avoid me visa application.

New Admission
I have already gotten new admission from Humber for Jan.2014 intake.

My intention
I want to submit Humber's admission letter when I complete my treatment & Doctor confirms me ok. I think of backing the Humber LOA with my own letter stating why I submitted Humber LOA instead of Stouffville college.

What next?
I need advice from you guys. If you were in my shoes,how will you handle this?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Fhemmmy... Got ya bro.. I will email you now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by addey101: 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
OK,my questions are listed below :

Starting a new online application, they asked for a checklist code .. Is it advisable to start a new eligibility test to get a new checklist code or I can use the previous checklist code .

Also, I am willing to pay my school fees as soon as my start date has been changed to January. Is this a good GO for me even before the embassy requested for the fee and board payment.

According to the Visa Officer... He/she was not satisfied with my travel history,what can I do about that ??

Plus those people seem not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my study. How should I go about this ? Even when they said crazy things about my financial status, I knew something was wrong. My sponsor has a good cash flow in his account and he gave me a letter claiming he will be resposible for my school fees and other stuffs. I didn't back it up with his company certificate though.. Advise me on this .

Also my purpose of Visit.. Now,I don't know what they mean by this. I attached my admission letter to the application.

My current employment situation is what they talked about in the letter and also my personal assets and financial status... I want everybody on this please. Give me your opinion and let me know the way forward.

Again, if my school can change my start day from Fall to Winter (January 2014 ) . Will the school send me a new admission letter ?

On this forum,I've once seen someone advised to wait for couple of months before starting a new application...Is that necessary ? Also,is it important for my employer to give me his/her statement of account ? What are the things needed from my employer to prove I have been working for the company for a stated period ?

@Fhemmmy and others.. Please take your time to put me through. I really want to give this my last and successful shot. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afternoon pple

No mail but passport has been returned to VAC..we knw what that means

Nt broken..jst nt yet..sept 2014 plans in motion

Good luck to the other awaitees n safe flight to d sure bankers

Ma salam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
newacca:
@Oga siga,
my own case is slightly similar ooo. I found out when it's late that stouffville is a sham college. If you could retrack my story. I've done medic since 2011 but I got medical reference which requires me to treat myself for 18mths. Along the line,I discovered the issue Stouffville college had. ( There are not even reachable at the moment. I remember sending couple of e-mails to 'em) If have have not gotten new admission from Humber,I would have contacted them for new admission letter and it shall be to no avail.

My application with CDHC
My application dox are still with CDHC since then; and honestly, I want to avoid me visa application.

New Admission
I have already gotten new admission from Humber for Jan.2014 intake.

My intention
I want to submit Humber's admission letter when I complete my treatment & Doctor confirms me ok. I think of backing the Humber LOA with my own letter stating why I submitted Humber LOA instead of Stouffville college.

What next?
I need advice from you guys. If you were in my shoes,how will you handle this?
... Forget Stouffville bro... They have been directed to seize business.... dem license get K-leg...Make all man run....I got a call from a bunch of guys from the school and I advised them to waka go find school cos that one na lesson.... Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Kinikini: 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
@Kunle-Akogun

Feel you brother. Take heart and start again.

When did you apply and what type of application did you make.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good day to you all,
After a long wait ,my documents has been returned to VAC. I know what it means anyway.i will be in lag by next week Monday to get back those doc. The struggle continues.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
Safe bro

Paper app 04 april

Self sponsor

Submitted d ff

SOA wiv 3m
Uni profile as dem neva clear mi
Waec cert
Police report
Shares cert
Coy reg
LOI specifyng fam ties

Fee was $6k + $10k as requested

Guess it wasnt enuff
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
@newacca: please was it the hospital that contacted you for treatment or cdhc?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Horlamiposi: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Please how long does it take to hear from CDHC? Medical was done in June 12, additional info requested submitted in June 14 and till now no news. School starts in September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dotman(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
teexzle:
Congrat bro..Allah will complete it for you..can I v ur mail addy..I v questn to ask as regards CFA..I sent u a pm already tho

u can email me on dotundotman@yahoo.com i dont receive PM, dont know y
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by azeezwl: 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ Kunle, Accra et al, please never give up on the struggle of working towards success, just believe that very soon, your efforts will be crowned. Love y'all

@Big bro Fehmmy, I must commend your concern for Addey's issue, you never wanna help with some sort of well said words, but with actions, It's amazing and I love it, keep the good work going, Baba SIGA included, et al.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
azeezwl: @ Kunle, Accra et al, please never give up on the struggle of working towards success, just believe that very soon, your efforts will be crowned. Love y'all

@Big bro Fehmmy, I must commend your concern for Addey's issue, you never wanna help with some sort of well said words, but with actions, It's amazing and I love it, keep the good work going, Baba SIGA included, et al.

My brother, i am just a man of few words and i try to be careful, but when i see a man that really determine to make it and in a legal way, that really send me out of my comfort zone, and i am sure chairman Addey will bring me Gala from Lagos when he dey come Canada
With Chairman Siga on this thread, people like us dont really need to say much, i meet with Siga and i MUST say, he is a great guy full of wisdom, so you are all in great hands but i will be more active on this thread now, after this allegation in good way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

My brother, i am just a man of few words and i try to be careful, but when i see a man that really determine to make it and in a legal way, that really send me out of my comfort zone, and i am sure chairman Addey will bring me Gala from Lagos when he dey come Canada
With Chairman Siga on this thread, people like us dont really need to say much, i meet with Siga and i MUST say, he is a great guy full of wisdom, so you are all in great hands but i will be more active on this thread now, after this allegation in good way
...Baba Fhemmmy... I gentle ooo .... How jendor..... Nice meeting u bro... it was a great meeting....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
Fellow Forumites: Yesterday I was at CDHC to submit my docs and passport as advised by other fellow forum members here. I also included the fund transfer teller from my bank as evidence of payment for tuition for one year. This was not required but as advised, I had to pay it as well and it made sense to me.

I did my medical on June 22 and this is the 4th week after that and have not heard from CDHC regarding further instructions. From my calculation about 70% of applicants ( based on information available on this forum(( I may be wrong)) ) were issued TRVs between 25-30days after medicals and as at today the number of working days is 22 working days after my medical. While at CDHC yesterday, I also met a fellow forum member there and we exchanged good thoughts and be able to put face into the ID. I just glanced through his letter and could know that he is the guy that had an award of $12k.

If you are called for medical and you applied through Paper in Oregun and you didnt get your passport back, the best thing to do is to rush to the CDHC and request for your passport. I met some folks yesterday who had such a problem and were asked to to fill in the form.

We should remember that VO are humans and could make mistakes even in their decisions. If we notice this in our application, we should approach their office. Again a lot of them are learning on the job until after a few months on the job. Most VOs are junior officers and are those who have joined foreign dept.

I must bet that this forum are just superb as information sharing has helped me and I believe a lot of folks on this forum. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge and the limit of what you know is where other begin. Goodluck with everyone on this forum and would update you guys in case I have any other info that brews out regarding my application/decision of TRV

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by muscar: 5:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hello people!
I just got a call from my agent confirming my TRV!!!
Application- 02 april
Med call-late may
Board n tuition instruction-24th may
med-10th june
payment - 19th june
Submitted all school receipts on july4th (past my 30-day ultimatum)
Confirmed TODAY!!!

As to all awaitees,as long as you got everything genuine,the embassy gat nothing on you!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
smile13: Many thanks. Calgary..

We don dey plenty oooo. See you at Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by SirP1: 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
la'success:
I think they Candle lose nothing by sharing is light, please I need information on how to apply for tourist visa in canada.. I have attempt to fill the form online and I was also given a personal checklist code but am really confused on how to get ahead with the application..

Please is there anyone out here that can put me through the process! My email : greatolanshi@gmail.com

Bro , if you're applying for a tourist visa , as long as you have funds , evidence to prove how you got the funds (letter from your employer ) , suitable reasons why you're visiting canada, TIES to Nigeria (if you have good travel history that helps ) if you don't land docs or shares help .. Marriage certificate if you're married , pay slips , hotel accomodation you should be fine . As a matter of fact getting tourist visa doesn't take a long time any more (about a month) so try n meet those requirements and you'll be fine , if you have more questions ask ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ Accra and Addey, don't give up o; its not a defeat, it means try again. I believe its God that perfects our plans. In my case, I just told them I've been working with my dad who's a contractor as a site supervisor( that's a family thing ) since 2010 I ended my service. I did not include any personal savings account. I think letter of intention or statement of purpose is very important because to me that's the only thing I think that made sense in my own app.

Again, please does anyone have list of designated clinics that conduct medical exam for CIC? I went to Asaju @ V.I today, they gave me appointment on 6th of august, I feel its far, considering I came all the way from east to do it. Please I will like to try other hospital/clinics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.